Make a cell flash

Please help I to make cell b1 flash when it becomes greater than 5
0
Lloyd (37)

See:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.htm

--
Gary's Student

"Lloyd" wrote:

> Please help I to make cell b1 flash when it becomes greater than 5
0
GarysStudent (1572)
10/11/2006 8:37:03 AM
see response in  excel.misc

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help I to make cell b1 flash when it becomes greater than 5

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
10/11/2006 10:03:29 AM
Thanks for the link.  I noted the following:-

"...... use of blinking cells in US Government applications may be in =
violation of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (because =
blinking cells may trigger epileptic seizures)."

Epinn

"Gary''s Student" <GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:DACB7729-D1C7-4D77-80D1-1E34AE94203A@microsoft.com...
See:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.htm

--=20
Gary's Student

"Lloyd" wrote:

> Please help I to make cell b1 flash when it becomes greater than 5

0
someone6932 (228)

Avoid protected cell warning on BeforeDoubleClick WS event
I am creating an event scheduling worksheet. A grid is generated with days of the month x-axis and users y-axis. Where an event occurs this is logged by a hidden event ID in the appropriate day cell. In order to prevent this ID from being overwritten I protect the worksheet. What I am trying to do is have a worksheet DoubleClick event which either. 1) Captures the event ID in the underlying cell, and opens a custom form for editing the event, or 2) Recognises that no event exists and opens a custom form for logging a new event. What I have tried is to unprotect the workshee...

Click in cell w/ formula and get colors in referenced cells
Hi, When you click in a cell with a formula, Excel will then put color around the cells that are referenced. Somehow I turned that feature off. Now I do not get colors in th other cells. Where is that option to turn it back on???? I've looke and looked but I just can't find that option. Thanks for the help -- albea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- albean's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2875 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48436 ...

Miscellaneous words appear in Excel 2002 cells
I am working on an Excell 2002 workbook and when I put my cursor in a cell , spurious words get entered into the cell e.g. "and thee the and ...." is one example. I have cable modem and it feels like "someone" has taken control of my PC - by the way I have also noticed this hapening in MS Word but is not as bad as Excel - can some one help. thanks KK Have you enabled speech tools? Click Tools / Speech and examine your options. /i. "KK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061d01c39d1c$36fc85f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am w...

First row in Selection range (first index of a cell)
Hello, I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection Range or return an index of the first cell in Selection Cell. I have something like this: .................... Range1.Select "and here I want to Select the first range in selection Range1" ............. I there any special function of finding first cell in selection range or returning an index of the first cell?? Thanks for answet Marcin Maybe range1(1).select or range1.cells(1).select or range1.cells(1,1).select mar_male@wp.pl wrote: > > Hello, > I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection...

How do I make numbers become text?
I am trying to create a spreadsheet where numbers entered in one location become text in another. I tried the Help option, but I am still lost. Please help, and thank you. From earlier postings: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN- US;140704& and: (courtesy of a cut and paste from a Tom Ogilvy post): If you want an addin that provides a worksheet function that does this, download Laurent Longre's free morefunc.xll addin found here: http://longre.free.fr/english/ It is downloaded in a zip file which also conta...

Publisher has turned yellow. How do I make it white again??
When I open Publisher, it seems to have aquired its own colour scheme - the blank page is yellow. How do I make it white again? I have searched all the menus but cannot find anything that helps. It's driving me mad!! It only happened in the last few weeks, and I've no idea what I did to change it. I'm usung Publisher 2000. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from butterflyj <butterflyj@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > When I open Publisher, it seems to have aquired its own colour > scheme - the blank page is yellow. How do I ma...

making items available on website
Is there a way to 'make items available on the website' other than going into each items properties under the Options Tab and checking the box? I would like to make quite a few items available at one time if possible. Thanks for any help. Craig This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0465_01C72051.D97BD680 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Craig, Backup first!! This will set _all_ items as available for web sales except those that = are marked inactive. UPDATE Item SET WebItem =...

Want to make complex header on 2nd and 3rd page
I need to make a quotation which consists of a first page, thats fully on its own and then two pages which has a same header. The header, though, consists of quite a lot of text and also a company logo and that was byond the header functionality. How to get the 2nd and 3rd pages with a complex upper part? Bart Exc 2003 ...

Sum of a cell in all worksheets?
I usually just use the search here and quickly find what I need, but can't seem to get it work this morning I am trying to get a sum of a certain cell in all the sheets in workbook. For example of what I mean, Sum(all worksheets, d64). Ca someone possibly help me out Thanks Michae Hi Michael, Look up 3D in your Excel Help. Surely you do not want to include the same sheet. if sheet2 is your second sheet tab and "sheet 24" is the last tab. =SUM(sheet2:'sheet 24'!C14) --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: htt...

Insert a graphic in a cell
I'd like to be able to enbed a logo in a cell. Not possible. Graphic objects reside on the drawing layer "above" the cells. Cells can contain formulae or values only. Workaround. Insert your graphic, and size it so that it exactly covers the cell. Right-click it, choosing Format Picture. In the Properties tab of the Format Picture dialog, choose the Move and Size with cells radio button. In article <F253C07B-E71A-445E-B612-0189187A09D9@microsoft.com>, Pete_Escher fan <Pete_Escher fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to be able to enbed a...

can one cell contain more than one independent number
A cell can contain several numbers, separated by space characters or line breaks (Alt+Enter). However, if you want to perform calculations on the numbers, it's best to keep them in separate cells. John K wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html there's also the option a using matrix formula (list of data) for example you may enter ={1;2;3} in a single cell or selection 'and validate wih CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER but the manipulation of this kinda of formula need to read more about it... ...

Ignore Blank Cells
I update a workbook weekly in separate worksheets. My master worksheet links to the appropriate cells for the updated data. These are simple percentage numbers (not forumlas, etc.) and only need to be a one-on-one link. The problem I have is that if one of the cells is blank, it returns a 0 and I need to to stay blank. Any ideas? There are about 57,000 cells I am working with so I really don't want to have to update manually all blanks. Hi SEF, As long as you want to hide all zero values on a sheet you can use in excel 2003 From the Tools menu select Options On tab V...

Conditional formatting / blank cells
Hello, I need help with a Conditional Format. This is my worksheet. Row 4 A B C D E F G H I $200 $210 I want a conditional format in G4 that states if G4 is greater than or equal to F4 the fill colour is green. If G4 is less than F4, the fill colour is red. If G4 is blank, the fill colour is white. I've tried numerous combinations, but cannot seem to get this to work. Thanks torkattack. Test for the blank first. -- David Biddulph "torkattack" <torkattack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

making my own reports......
I am doing a mailshot next month and i have several customertypeid's set up for all my different customers, i have a report which shows everything i need (|Customer name, address1,address2,state,zip,country) but i want account type id to be available on the report so i can filter it accordingly, when i add the following to the report i get errors - can anyone help? If i just plonk this into a customer list report should it work? I did this to add the country colum to my reports and it worked ok! Begin Column FieldName = "AccountTypeID" DrillDownFieldName = "&qu...

Clipart will not scale with array of cells
I want to print out an array of cells, some of which contain clipart. When I try to scale up the array to fill the printed page, the clipart scales differently (the clipart objects move down on the page from their normal position within the cells). The artwork size does not change, nor its spacing; it's as though the clipart is reacting to a larger top margin. ...

formula for visible cells
Can I copy a worksheet so that the new worksheet looks exactly like the visible portion of the old worksheet. For example, if I filter and sort, I only want what is left visible to appear in my new worksheet, and I want it to do it automatically without my having to copy and paste. Automatic means VBA code. See Ron de Bruin's site for copying filtered results. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 4 May 2010 11:32:01 -0700, jpstormy <jpstormy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I copy a worksheet so that the new workshee...

How do I copy the wording of a cell into a tab?
I have a large workbook with the tab titles available to copy to save typing every single one, is it possible to populate the tabs by a form of copy-paste You want your sheet tab name to reflect the value of a particular cell within that sheet? You want to copy a sheet and rename the copy to the value of a cell within that sheet? Please explain in more detail. The lack of sentence structure makes it difficult to get a clear picture. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:18:01 -0800, Jamie <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a large wo...

Hold a cell range for an "average formula"
I add a column every week to my work sheet and want the formula to always calculate the current 5 column range. Wendy Akers wrote: > I add a column every week to my work sheet and want the formula to always > calculate the current 5 column range. > > Add a column WHERE? What "formula"? Where is the "current 5 column range"? Hi, Let's say your data is in range C3:H3. In cell K3, enter the following array formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter) to get the average =AVERAGE(OFFSET(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(3,MAX(ISNUMBER(C3:J3)*COLUMN(C3:J3))+1)),0,...

Pivot Table VBA Reference Book & Blank Cells
Hi Everyone, I have a Pivot Table in Access 2003 and need the blank/null cells on the data axis to display "0". This is easy to do in Excel but I have searched through all of the options in Access and cannot find it. What is the VBA code required to set this option? Can anyone suggest a good reference book or website for coding Pivot Tables with VBA? Many thanks, David ...

count in cell
Does anybody know how I can count the number of characters in a cell, I know how to use the 'count' and 'counta' function to count the number of cells used but not in a cell. Thanks =LEN(A1) -- ---------------------------- Mauro Gamberini "Joe" <someone@microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:%23sMRof72EHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know how I can count the number of characters in a cell, I > know > > how to use the 'count' and 'counta' function to count the number of cells > > used but not in a c...

Auto copy and insert a defined number of rows as defined in a cell
Hi I don't know much about VBA but could probably work something out. I need to produce carton labels from a spreadsheet using Word to mail merge and the labels need to include 1 of 10, 2 of 10 on them. The number of labels required is dependant on a number which is included for each row of data in the spreadsheet. What I am doing at the moment is copying each row and insert pasting the additional number of rows required. In the new rows I then add 1 of 10 in the first row, 2 of 10 in the second row etc. etc. This then enables me to perform the mailmerge. I have around 300...

How can I make this happen?
I want a macro or something that will allow me to "show" every comment on a work sheet (there are almost 100) then go to Format Comment and Properties and change it to "move and size with cells" then rehide the comment. Any ideas? -- foxspirit ------------------------------------------------------------------------ foxspirit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31264 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=509350 On a worksheet is there a function that unhides all comments in every cell? -- foxsp...

cannot see info in an excel worksheet over intranet until cell is hilighted
I and other people in my firm cannot see information on excel spreadsheets that are posted on our company intranet until they either hilight a cell or move the arrow keys. While this is by no means a show stopper, the slower members of our company can't seem to wrap thier heads around this issue. Any help would be appreciated. ...

How can I make an application transparent?
Can anyone help me with an ideea how can I find a code that makes aplications transparent?I need it at work and I m not allouded to install any kind of software (like Glass2k) therefore I'm thinking of a VB Script to run under Excel. I'm using a personalized application that I need to put on top of maps.google.com to draw streets. I'll appreciate any kind of suggestion! Dan Tabla <DanTa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Can anyone help me with an ideea how can I find a code that makes aplications >transparent?I need it at work and I m not allouded t...

How do make a text with broken underline #2
I've seen in a sample template for brochure a text with broken underline and the underline color can be change to other color, I was trying to find out how to do it. Maybe someone here knows how, I would be very grateful. ...