macro to move cursor one cell right

If I need to move the cursor to the right to paste a value copied from
another sheet , what macro command should I use
0
Kodak1993 (1)

You don't need to. The Copy Method accepts a Range argument which
would be the destination for the paste operation.

For example:

Worksheets(1).Range("A1").Copy Destination:=3DWorksheets(3).Range("B12")

--JP

On Sep 22, 3:31=A0pm, Kodak1993 <Kodak1...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> If I need to move the cursor to the right to paste a value copied from
> another sheet , what macro command should I use

0
jp2112 (204)
9/22/2008 8:12:37 PM
If JP's reply does not do the trick...........

To move one cell to the right you need   cellref.Offset(0, 1)

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:31:01 -0700, Kodak1993
<Kodak1993@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>If I need to move the cursor to the right to paste a value copied from
>another sheet , what macro command should I use

0
Gord
9/22/2008 9:10:52 PM
Thanks Gord!

--JP

On Sep 22, 5:10=A0pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> If JP's reply does not do the trick...........
>
> To move one cell to the right you need =A0 cellref.Offset(0, 1)
>
> Gord Dibben =A0MS Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:31:01 -0700, Kodak1993
>
> <Kodak1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >If I need to move the cursor to the right to paste a value copied from
> >another sheet , what macro command should I use

0
jp2112 (204)

autofill cells without a pattern?
Hi! I wonder if someone could give me a hint of how to auto fill cells or rows when they don't have a pattern. Every month I pull data with 3000+ entries in CSV format. Each cell follows a row order (eg. Row1=Group, Row2=Term, Row3=SE, etc.), however, when data on cell A1 is the same as B1, and then B1 comes empty. Also, if data on A1 is same as B1, but data on A2 is different than B2, then A2 and B2 have their corresponding data but B1 is still empty. Until now, I have selected the empty cells (one by one) and performed a "copy down" (ctrl+D) but I am getting tired of that (more...

Code to Implement Required Cells Not Working
I have a worksheet called "Change Request Form" where users are required to input values in the following cells: C9 = CPM Full Name C10 = IT PM Full Name C11 = Change Type C12 = Reason Category C13 = Project Name C14 = Release C15 = PAT ID C16 = PRISM ID C17 = Explanation E15 = New PAT ID E16 = New PRISM ID I want to require users to provide input in most or all of the other aforementioned cells prior to Saving the workbook depending on the value of cell C11. I wrote the code shown below and put it in the ThisWorkbook object. Unfortunately, upon testing, u...

message shows horizontal and cannot be moved so cannot delete
when double clicking a message it shows up too wide and I cannot move it or shrink it so I can get to the right hand side to move it up or down or to delete it..How can I get it back to the right size?? Panda;1246564 Wrote: > when double clicking a message it shows up too wide and I cannot move it > or > shrink it so I can get to the right hand side to move it up or down or > to > delete it..How can I get it back to the right size?? Click and drag to where you can see it by clicking in the top of the window in which the message is showing. -- rhlhamlet ...

Looking for a macro to remove Line Feeds and Carriage Returns
Greetings Excel masters, I'm attempting to come up with a macro, or some other automated way, that will allow me to strip out CR and LF in my Excel files. I'm converting these to CSV files, and the system that imports them has a fit with CR/LFs that are imbedded, making them into new lines. In searching the net, I've found a few macros, but none of them have been the holy grail solution I am looking for. I've listed them below. The first one looks great in its simplicity, but it often fails to operate. Not sure if there is some criteria I'm missing (ma...

Spastic Cursor After Last WinXP Patch Tuesday
Ever since this month's MS Patch Tuesday I've had a problem with my WinXP cursor drifting to the top right of the screen making spastic movements along the way. This happens whether a mouse is plugged in or not. Anyone else with a similar problem? Nope. user@domain.invalid wrote: > Ever since this month's MS Patch Tuesday I've had a problem with my > WinXP cursor drifting to the top right of the screen making spastic > movements along the way. This happens whether a mouse is plugged in or > not. Anyone else with a similar problem? ...

How to combine 2 cells' text into 1 cell
Hi all, Assume Cell B1 is "ClassA" Assume Cell B2 is "MayMay" I would like to make D2 as "ClassA MayMay" How can i do that? I have tried to write as =B1,B2 it seems not workable~ Thanks. =B1&" "&B2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) <athatisme4@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129074458.845268.98090@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > Assume Cell B1 is "ClassA" > Assume Cell B2 is "MayMay" > > I would like to make D2 as "ClassA MayMay" > > > H...

how do I copy only visble cells in office10
i can't remember how this is done in this version Click Go to then special and "visible cells only" and then CTRL+C (copy) Click yes if helped -- Greatly appreciated Eva "Tantalus24" wrote: > i can't remember how this is done in this version Ctrl+g > Special > Visible Cells Only > OK "Eva" wrote: > Click Go to then special and "visible cells only" and then CTRL+C (copy) > > Click yes if helped > -- > > Greatly appreciated > Eva > > > "Tantalus24" wrote:...

Format a macro button
I have placed a button on my speadsheet from the forms toolbar and have assigned a macro to it. I can format the text in the button. How do I format or color in the button's background? Hi Rickster I doubt if Form buttons can be formatted. Why don't u use activeX buttons instead of form buttons. Active X buttons are more interactive and you can change the color of these buttons by changing the backcolor property. Simply place a command button in your sheet from Visal Basic toolbox, say the button is CommandButton1. Double the button and place your macro ----------...

macro embedded in an xml file
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if you can embedd a macro in an xml file? I have an xml file that I create with a .net web application and it opens with Excel, but would be nice to attatch a macro to it as well. Thanks. -- Paul G Software engineer. Paul wrote: > Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if you can embedd a macro in an > xml file? XML isn't a programming language, so it can't have macros in the sense that you mean them. See http://xml.silmaril.ie/authors/execute/ Some processors (including browsers) may react to special features like Processing Instructions to...

Cursor
Frequently, while typing in Word, the cursor jumps back into the text without any reason, that I can see. It's a nuisance because I don't watch the text while typing, which means that I have to repeatedly go back and eliminate characters from earlier in the document and then retype. Any suggestions about how to fix this. I'm running Vista on a Gateway laptop bought last November. This is an Access newsgroup, not a Word newsgroup. I'd suggest asking in a Word newsgroup. -- Hope that helps! RBear3 .. "Jim " <jbarre@ec.rr.com> wrote in message news...

Macros
Does anyone know why when after I typed information into a cell and click on a macro the macro will not function unless after I typed the information into the cell I click enter or tab out of the cell then the macro becomes active. Is this just something I have to deal with? Nick Macros do not work when in edit mode, which is the mode you describe. Entering or Tabbing takes you out of edit mode and your macro can now operate. Gord Dibben Excel MVP XL2002 On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:15:12 -0700, "Lord Of The Morning" <Not@aol.com> wrote: >Does anyone know why when after I ...

Imported Visual Basic Module
I've imported a module into visual basic editor and have saved it, but can't seem to pull up the macros in excel. thanks. You mean they don't show up in a list of Macros? Maybe it is a Class Module or all macros within the module are Private Private Sub hello_macro() MsgBox "hello" End Sub Will not be listed in Tools>Macro>Macros You can access by typing the macroname and "Run" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 13:02:02 -0800, Pat Adams <PatAdams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've imported a modul...

shorter macro
is there a way to shorten this macro to make it run faster thanks JD Range("C:C,D:D,E:E,F:F,G:G,H:H,I:I").Select Range("I1").Activate ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=6 Range("C:C,D:D,E:E,F:F,G:G,H:H,I:I,J:P").Select Range("J1").Activate ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=4 Range("C:C,D:D,E:E,F:F,G:G,H:H,I:I,J:P,Q:Q,R:R,S:S,T:T,U:U").Select Range("U1").Activate ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=7 Range("C:C,D:D,E:E,F:F,G:G,H:H,I:I,J:P,Q:Q,R:R,S:S,T:T,U:U,V:V,W:W,X:X").Select Range(&q...

recognizing cell.interior.colorindex
I adapted Pearson's code to write a macro to test if a cell had a colorindex>0, then (if so) remove all conditional formatting that colored the cell (leaving the color). It works fine on a small test spreadsheet with different test conditional formats. When I try to run my "real" application, it always returns -4142 (clear) for cell.interior.colorindex, regardless of the cell color. It doesn't seem related to Pearson's code. Any help appreciated. TIA -- Bill Roberts Chip has lots of code on his site. I don't know what you used to check. But test...

Merging Workbooks to One File
Hello everyone - I have 57 csv files that I would like to merge into one Excel workbook. Each file has only one worksheet (tab). While there are no column headers, the columns for each file are identical to one another. Copy/Paste manually would do it, but it would seem to me that there would be a marcro available to accomplish this in an automated way. All files currently reside in one directory. Any help is appreciated! Thanks, Rich Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rich Palarea wrote: > Hello everyone - > > I have 57 csv ...

format macro
Last week, Art was trying to help me with this, but the solution doesn't work for me. I'm looking for a macro that would be contained within my personal.xls, that I could use as needed. Lets say I have A1:C5 selected, which represent headdings and data for jan, feb and march. [On a different spreadsheet, it may be different columns, or a different number of columns. The point is that I will select the range before I run the macro.] I want to do an auto fit for each column, so that the column widths are big enough to fit the numbers. No problem, format-->column-->autof...

Name a worksheet tab with data in a cell
I have Excel 2002 and would like to rename a worksheet tab with a cell reference. Example, name the tab "John Doe" his name is located in cell b2. each time I change the value in b2, the name of the tab will change accordingly. Hi Donovan, In the worksheet's module (right-click the sheet's tab | View Code), paste the following: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B2")) Is Nothing Then Me.Name = Target.Value End If End Sub --- Regards, Norman "donovan" <anonymous@discussions...

average of non blank cells
i have read somewhere that it is possible to take an average of non blank cells....is this correct....if so how!! thanks in advance Robert. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "robert_woodie" <robert_woodie.wgt6m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:robert_woodie.wgt6m@excelforum-nospam.com... > > i have read somewhere that it is possible to take an average of non > blank cells....is this correct....if so how!! > > th...

automatically add borders to a cell after entry is complete
I've seen this done before. I would like to format the cells in my spreadsheet to automatically add a border to seperate one cell entry from the next after I'm finished with the entry. In other words after I tab out of the cell. Thanks, BKD you can set a conditional formatting. Highlight the area you will input numbers go to format--> conditional Formatting--> cell value is change to not equal to 0 click on format, select border--> choose one with all borders around it, click ok and ok again. now if you input any number except 0 you will see the borders. hope it hel...

Help: Seting the value of another cell with a formula
I know that there's a way to make a cell a particular value based on the entries of a range, or array of cells, but is it possible to do the reverse, using only one formula in a cell. Here's what I'm trying to do: What I would like to do is set one of a range of cell to have a value based on the value in A2. Example: Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2007. I want A10 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2008. I want A11 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2009. I want A12 to equal...

Moving Exchange 2003 to new Hardware #2
I'm in the middle of my main server move.. this server is Primary Domain Controller, exchange 2003 server, DNS and DHCP hosts, AntiVirus (Symantec), and print server. This is on a Win2k3 sp 1 OS. I've moved Symantec first, that was easy. Now I'm moving Exchange 2003 - I've installed Exchange, both servers are now running the same version and I see both in the EMS. I've started to set the public folders to replicate from my oldserver to newserver.. The public folders replicated twice, and now stopped.. they are out of sync (I think this is related to a problem I'l...

Vlookup, multiple times in one column summing corresponding
I have a list that contains common invoice numbers that appear multipl times in column A and need to use the vlookup function to find and su the corresponding amounts in column B. As you would be aware the following vlookup functio =VLOOKUP(A3,DATA,2,FALSE) will only return the one amount once i reaches a match and I need it to continue down the column and sum al matching invoice numbers. Column A Column B 145768 356.87 145769 678.90 145880 80.87 * 145769 103.55 145770 56.90 145769 78.32 145880 54.09 * The answer I�m looking to return is 145880 134.96 It has to be a vlookup sty...

One front-end server multiple back-end servers
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help with the following scenerio and make some suggestions as to an answer. We have 3 exchange AG groups. 1 AG group has 3 exchange servers in it, each located in it's own AD domain. 1 AG group has one exchange server in it, it's in its own AD domain. Thirdly, the last AG group has 2 exchange servers in it, both are in the same AD domain. 1 of these 2 exchange servers in the final AG mentioned is a front-end server, that should be supporting all the exchange back-end servers. The problem we are facing is that when a user from any of the ...

Two different cells
I have a file with more the 1000 names and addresses. My proble is that the firat and last names are in 2 differents cells. I i would like to put it in teh same cell. Is there anyway I csn do that? Please help too many names to re-type Carlos Assuming that Column A contains the first name and Column B the last name... =A1&" "&B1 OR =B1&", "&A1 ....depending on your preference. Hope this helps! In article <520FA0CA-1940-42E5-B84D-22BA15D59638@microsoft.com>, "Hombreck" <Hombreck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a...

Conditional Formatting
Hi I need some help with conditional formatting. I'm trying to highlight those cells which have a plus sign in them. Can someone help with the formula to enter into the conditional formatting dialogue? Grateful for any assistance. Best Wishes Hi Colin if the Plus sign + is part of a text string Select the column range first then =FIND("+",A2:$A$160) change the range to your needs. If the + sign is alone in the cell, you don't need a formula, just select > Cell value is > then select Equal to> and type the plus sign in the third box. H...