Looking for an excel function which can mirror opposite the data

Dear sir,
There are 2 data sets is assumed running in A1 down, viz.:
From A1 down to A10, are showing a set of number: from 1 to 10
In the cell from B1 to B10, are showing from 10 to 1, which is decreasing
from 10 to 1.

My question: I want to know is there any excel formula which I can place in
B1 and pick A10's number; B2 pick A9's number and etc.

I know there is an easy way to do it, just type "=A10" in the cell of B1, but
it is quite difficult to do it when I have more than 200 number, e.g. A1 to
A200.

Thanks for your advice,
Wilchong

wilchong

Try this:

Entered in B1 and copied down to B1.

=INDEX(A$1:A$10,ROWS(A1:A$10))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"wilchong via OfficeKB.com" <u43231@uwe> wrote in message
> Dear sir,
> There are 2 data sets is assumed running in A1 down, viz.:
> From A1 down to A10, are showing a set of number: from 1 to 10
> In the cell from B1 to B10, are showing from 10 to 1, which is decreasing
> from 10 to 1.
>
> My question: I want to know is there any excel formula which I can place
> in
> B1 and pick A10's number; B2 pick A9's number and etc.
>
> I know there is an easy way to do it, just type "=A10" in the cell of B1,
> but
> it is quite difficult to do it when I have more than 200 number, e.g. A1
> A200.
>
> Thanks for your advice,
> Wilchong

biffinpitt (3172)
3/30/2009 3:39:17 AM
If you have a static number of rows:

=INDIRECT("A"&11-(ROW()))

Note that the 11 in the above is the number equal to the total number of
filled rows plus 1. In other words, the above works when values in A1 to A10
need to be inverted.

If the number of rows is dynamic (i.e. the total number of rows changes, a
solution would be to set up a dynamic range in column A and use in
conjunction with the formula below..

The following formula should enable you to invert the values in column A,
irrespective whether blank or filled

=INDIRECT("A" &COUNTA(myRange)+COUNTBLANK(myRange) +1 - ROW())

Note that any blanks in column A will show a zero value in column B.

How to set up a dynamic named range:
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

--
Steve

> Dear sir,
> There are 2 data sets is assumed running in A1 down, viz.:
> From A1 down to A10, are showing a set of number: from 1 to 10
> In the cell from B1 to B10, are showing from 10 to 1, which is decreasing
> from 10 to 1.
>
> My question: I want to know is there any excel formula which I can place
> in
> B1 and pick A10's number; B2 pick A9's number and etc.
>
> I know there is an easy way to do it, just type "=A10" in the cell of B1,
> but
> it is quite difficult to do it when I have more than 200 number, e.g. A1
> A200.
>
> Thanks for your advice,
> Wilchong

AltaEgo

MS Money 95 data files

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

function to check for entry
I'll try and make this as clear as I can... I am looking for a function that will check column b,c,d,e for an entr if there is an entry then check row n in the same row for it's value. that's the first bit, then I need to be able to check the date valu (month) in column a and total it for the month. perhaps I could run the first function only looking for month=1 o something and just run it 12 times? not sure how to go about this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com well I've got this far but it still doesn't work and gives an error: =IF(MONTH(A3:A167)=4,...

Excel not Access

Excel 2007

Looking for XPathReader 1.1
Where is XPathReader 1.1 available for download? I have 1.0 and found the 2005 MS announcement for 1.1 but the link was for godotnet which no longer exists. Nothing shows up in a search at the MS download center or Google. Bill ...

data input in text box

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Sorting Data #5

help with simple maths in excel