10	VAR
11	VARP

You can also look at this link

Larry

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499188

i am afraid u r unable to understand my question?
-via135

--
via135
via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26725

Try clarifying your question, what do you mean by your question?

how can i get a list of subtotals?

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499188

COL"A"             COL"B"
name               amount
a                     10
a                     20
a                     10
b                     40
b                     20
c                     10
c                     10
c                     30
d                     20
d                     30

when you use data|subtotals..for change in "name".. use function "sum
u'll get the results as under:

a 40
b 60
c 50
d 50

r u able to understand..?

now i want to copy the list of

a 40
b 60
c 50
d 50

to another location for sum other calculation purpose.!

can u give me the solution?

-via135

keithl816 Wrote:
> Try clarifying your question, what do you mean by your question?
>

> how can i get a list of subtotals

--
via13
via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2672
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49918

If I understood you correctly (If your subtotal for A is per say in
Sheet 1,A5 and you want it in sheet 2, d1).

You could put something like this in Sheet 2, D1.

=sheet1!a5

Change the sheet name to the name of the sheet you are referencing

If it's in another workbook you'll need to change the file path to
reflect it

Larry

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499188

using your example, after subtotals have been set up, try this:

D1: name
E1: amount

G1: name
G2: *Total

Select your data range
Data>Filter>Advanced Filter
Check: Copy to another location
List Range: (already selected)
Criteria Range: G1:G2
Copy to: D1:E1
Click the [OK] button

Is that something you  can work with?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"via135" wrote:

> COL"A"             COL"B"
> name               amount
> a                     10
> a                     20
> a                     10
> b                     40
> b                     20
> c                     10
> c                     10
> c                     30
> d                     20
> d                     30
>
> when you use data|subtotals..for change in "name".. use function "sum"
> u'll get the results as under:
>
> a 40
> b 60
> c 50
> d 50
>
> r u able to understand..?
>
> now i want to copy the list of
>
> a 40
> b 60
> c 50
> d 50
>
> to another location for sum other calculation purpose.!
>
> can u give me the solution?
>
> -via135
>

> keithl816 Wrote:
> > Try clarifying your question, what do you mean by your question?
> >

> > how can i get a list of subtotals?
>

> --
> via135
> via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26725
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499188

After you use data|Subtotals, you can use the outlining symbols on the left hand
side to hide the details.

Select the range to copy
Edit|goto|Special|visible cells only

Copy and paste to the new location.

via135 wrote:

> how can i get a list of subtotals?
> -via135
>
> --
> via135
> via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26725
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499188

--

Dave Peterson
0

Sample construct available at:
http://www.savefile.com/files/7026191
Extract_List_of_Subtotals_via135_newusers.xls

Assume source table is in Sheet1, with SubTotals applied
(Table with subtotals will be in A1:C16)

In Sheet2,

Put in C1:
=IF(AND(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Total",Sheet1!A1)),NOT(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Grand
Total",Sheet1!A1)))),ROW(),"")
Copy C1 down to C16

Put in A1:
=IF(ISERROR(SMALL($C:$C,ROW(C1))),"",INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,MATCH(SMALL($C:$C,ROW(
C1)),$C:$C,0)))
Copy A1 to B1, fill down to B16

Cols A & B will return the desired results,
with all lines neatly bunched at the top:

a Total 40
b Total 60
c Total 50
d Total 50

And if you want to extract the "Grand Total" line as well
(or you don't mind the "Grand Total" line coming in as well)
just replace the formula in C1 with the simpler:
=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Total",Sheet1!A1)),ROW(),"")
and copy C1 down to C16
(No change to the formulas in cols A & B)

This would yield in cols A and B:

a Total 40
b Total 60
c Total 50
d Total 50
Grand Total 200

--
Rgds
Max

> COL"A"             COL"B"
> name               amount
> a                     10
> a                     20
> a                     10
> b                     40
> b                     20
> c                     10
> c                     10
> c                     30
> d                     20
> d                     30
>
> when you use data|subtotals..for change in "name".. use function "sum"
> u'll get the results as under:
>
> a 40
> b 60
> c 50
> d 50
>
> r u able to understand..?
>
> now i want to copy the list of
>
> a 40
> b 60
> c 50
> d 50
>
> to another location for sum other calculation purpose.!
>
> can u give me the solution?
>
> -via135
>

> keithl816 Wrote:
> > Try clarifying your question, what do you mean by your question?
> >

> > how can i get a list of subtotals?
>

> --
> via135
> via135's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26725
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499188

0
demechanik (4694)
1/9/2006 7:49:13 AM
thks Dave, Ron & Max.!.!.!

all your suggestions worked nicely! but it seems that Dave's is very
simple!

-via135

Max Wrote:
> [...]
> > c                     30
> > d                     20
> > d                     30
> >
> > when you use data|subtotals..for change in "name".. use function
> "sum"
> > u'll get the results as under:
> >
> > a 40
> > b 60
> > c 50
> > d 50
> >
> > r u able to understand..?
> >
> > now i want to copy the list of
> >
> > a 40
> > b 60
> > c 50
> > d 50
> >
> > to another location for sum other calculation purpose.!
> >
> > can u give me the solution?
> >
> > -via135
> >

> > keithl816 Wrote:
> > > Try clarifying your question, what do you mean by your question?

You're welcome !

> .. but it seems that Dave's is very simple!
Thought you wanted it automated (w/o using vba) <g>
--
Rgds
Max
"via135" <via135.21dqez_1136830503.6027@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:via135.21dqez_1136830503.6027@excelforum-nospam.com...

> thks Dave, Ron & Max.!.!.!
>
> all your suggestions worked nicely! but it seems that Dave's is very
> simple!

0
demechanik (4694)
1/9/2006 7:53:57 PM
Or if the OP wanted the results to be updated when the data changed.

--

Dave Peterson
0
"Dave Peterson" wrote:
> Or if the OP wanted the results to be updated when the data changed.

Yes, it'll do something like that, too <g>
--
Rgds
Max
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895

demechanik (4694)

List output to a x by 10 range
I have a list that x lines long. I want to transpose that list to another range (starting on cell M1) that is 10 columns wide and however many rows long. I know this is super simple. Does it have something to do with range resizing? No doubt you've already experimented with macro recorder, discovering the standard transpose command wont wrap within a range. So we need handle the transposition manually. Presuming your data begins in cell A2: Sub test() For Each c In Range("A2", "A" & Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row) Row = Row + 1 ...

formula to count matching days between two date ranges (for large list of names)
I have two sheets. Sheet 1 and sheet 2. Sheet1: has a list of Social Security Numbers, followed by a date Range (i.e., start date field and end date field). The date ranges are discrete (i.e., do not overlap) with each other for any given name. SHEET 1 Name A Start Date A End Date SSN1 1/1/09 1/5/09 SSN2 4/1/09 4/15/09 SSN1 3/2/10 3/15/10 SSN3 ETC... Sheet 2 has the same information (i.e., multiple records with SSNs, followed by date ranges Name B Start Date B End Date RESULT NEEDED SSN1 1/1/09 1/31/09 5 SSN2 4...

sending emails to distribution lists in outlook 2002
How do I send an email to a distribution list in outlook 2002? The HELP instructuions tell me to click on the insert menu and chose ITEM However when I click on INSERT it does not give me ITEM as an option. You have to create your distribution list first in your "Contact" folder. It will then appear bold. You will then be able to choose the list just as you do a contact. >-----Original Message----- >How do I send an email to a distribution list in outlook >2002? The HELP instructuions tell me to click on the >insert menu and chose ITEM However when I click on I...

Popup tips in tree and lists
Visual Studio 2005. MFC. C++. I have classes derived from CTreeCtrl and CListCtrl. I would like to implement a textual popup information window similar to when you hover over a file in Windows Explorer. I don't know what this popup window is called, so my googling has not got me anywhere. What is this 'information popup' called please? Can such a thing be implemented quickly and easily on a list and a tree? I expect I need to use the TVS_TRACKSELECT flag, but what events etc should I override please? Any tips or pointers? Any codeguru samples? Thanks, GT ...

Setup dropdown list that selection references another dropdown
How do you create a dropdown list that references another dropdown list? ex: selection #1 references the selections in another dropdown list and selection #2 references the selections in a different dropdown list Hi Denny, I am really not sure if you mean dependant lists (or cascading dropdowns as they are often called). If so, then have a look at the following link. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html If not what you want then need some more explanation. -- Regards, OssieMac "Denny" wrote: > How do you create a dropdown list that referen...

where can i find a list of excell formula's? #2
I'm learning to use excel more and more and i would like to know how to create a formula that subtracts one cell from another. Is there a list of formula's for excel? Look in HELP contents for function index -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFF58A3A-86CE-415C-A471-0F995F95C108@microsoft.com... > I'm learning to use excel more and more and i would like to know how to > create a formula that subtracts one cell from another. Is there a list of > formula's for excel? Art, y...

Creating drop down lists with multiple options?
I am trying in vain to create a drop down list where users can select more than 1 choice. For example, if the choices in a list which i named are as follows: Blue Red Green Yellow Purple How does one have the option to select any of the colors by themselves or any combination of all of them up? For example, if the question is what is your favorite color? How can a user choose Blue OR Red and Blue OR Red, Blue and Green and so on? Any help would be appreciated. That will require multiple cells. One cell will only hold 1 value. Any single cell solutions are going ...

Electronic Price List
Hi, I am trying to create a template so people can create an electronic price list. I want to put restrictions on cells so that only valid values can be entered in certain columns, for example: Price - Must be greater than Zero Category Code - Must contain a numeric value Unit of Measure - Must match a valid list Plus many others... I would like to set up a worksheet so that users can cut and paste their data in, but if the value is incorrect it highlights it in a different color. I have tried setting up "validation" but if I cut and paste it will not highlight the cell and wo...

Subtotal
Hi all. I have formula in A2 =SUBTOTAL(3,A4:A2963) this counts the number of visible records, (after using Autofilter), that contain text (ignores blank cells), this works OK. Problem: Formula does *not* ignore blank cells, if those cells contain formulae. Is there a workaround? Many thanks George Gee Try =SUMPRODUCT(--($A$4:$A$2963<>""),SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET($A$4,ROW($A$4:$A$2963)-MI N(ROW($A$4:$A$2963)),,))) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "George Gee" <george.n...

Variable in Subtotal
Dear all, I'm trying to put a subtotal in my list, but in some cases I have three columns to sum (4,5,6); some case I have more or less columns to sum; it's variable. How can change this code to obtain it? Range(Cells(7, 1), Cells(65536, 256)).Subtotal GroupBy:=3D1, Function:=3DxlSum, TotalList:=3DArray(4, 5, 6), _ Replace:=3DTrue, PageBreaks:=3DFalse, SummaryBelowData:=3DTrue Thanks a lot!!! Andr=E9. ...

Want to keep seperate personal contact list,addr book and PST file
This message is cross posted in two groups public.outlook and public.outlook.general At work, I keep a personal pst file for personal email in a seperate directory with personal files. Every 6 months to a year, I create a new one, retire the old one and back it up to CD, no problem. This keeps my personal stuff completely seperate from work stuff. Oh yeah, Windows2000Pro & Outlook 2000 (connected to Exchange server I believe, whatever that means) I would like to do the same with my contact information. It seems to me that the contact info is in the "main" pst file. I cannot ev...

GDI+ : property & methods list does not appear.
hi, Priyanka again. i installed GDI+ on my system. but i never get the property & methods list after pressing the . or ->. i tried deleting the .ncb file also, but it didnt work. does anybody have idea about this? Thanks and regards, Priyanka ...

How to export mailbox size list from exchange server 5.0?
Does anybody can help me to find a way to export exchange mailbox size list? my exchange server is 5.0vs. THank you very much. J In EXadmin, navigate to the mailbox list under the server - there is a column listing the mailbox sizes. Export that out. HTH. "yiyuhong" <yiyuhong@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OrEsz8s6DHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Does anybody can help me to find a way to export exchange mailbox size list? > my exchange server is 5.0vs. THank you very much. > > J > > ...

Updating Global Address List
Our global address book needs to have many users updated due to phone number/address changes etc. and my help desk person is bugging me to allow some secretary access to do the updates. I do not know of any secure way to allow someone to do these updates. Can anyone point me in the right direction or am I right to tell the lazy brat it's his job. On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 07:19:02 -0800, "Maive72" <Maive72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Our global address book needs to have many users updated due to phone >number/address changes etc. and my help desk person is b...

Form of phone numbers in contact list
I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook Contacts list. The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is supposed to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact (should the number be in my contacts list) isn't working. According to help from Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're being loaded on the Blackberry from MS Outlook. Specifically, apparently the fact that the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-#### instead of something like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from realizi...

change csv list separator per file?
Hi all, for my work I have to generate different .csv files. Some have a comma "," as list separator, other files need ";" Is there a workaround so that I don't have to change the list separator setting in my regional settings? And/or can I add a "replace ";" by ","" in a macro that converts workbout in a range of .csv sheets? Thanx for your aid, brt! use the "Text to Columns" option on the data menu. Choose delimited, check the boxes for ,(comma) and ;(semi colon) The preview will show how the data has been split, click ...

Multiple selection list box...
I have a multiple selection listbox on a dialog box. When the user picks the listbox items and clicks "OK" my program draws to the main screen. If the user reopens the previous dialog box, I want the previously chosen listbox choices to be highlighted. How would I do this? Thanks, RABMissouri Store the selection in a common place like the Document or MainFrame or the App and do the selection in the OnInitDialog() member function of your dialog. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "RBert" <drbert@microcore.net> wrote in m...

Drop down list #7
How can you change the items in a list after you have made a selection in a previous list: i.e. if you select 1 in the first drop down you want the options in the next drop down to be A-K and if you select 2 you want the list to be L-M. See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "mudcat" <mudcat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D35E1462-ACFB-4B25-8156-16A393062990@microsoft.com... > How can you change the items in a list after you have made a selec...

gmail address shows distribution list
After sending a meeting invitation to a gmail user from outlook, the distrbution list that was set as private, is displayed. Anyone know the fix for this? Did you put it in the To or CC Field? If so, that is to be expected. Use the BCC Field next time. (In Meeting requests, it’s the Resources field) See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/ccmeeting.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

List all the address book contacts in outlook
Hi all, I need to retrieve all the contacts that are in my address book in outlook in order to look for particular emails, looking around I just found this script quite useful but it is not exactly what I'm looking for. In fact I need to search all my conctacts in the address book.... $outlook = New-Object -ComObject "outlook.application" $c = $outlook.getnamespace("mapi").getdefaultfolder(10) foreach($tt in $c.items) { echo($tt.account + " - " + $tt.fullname) } Thanks, Mattia i dont know the answer off hand, but i see that the 10 sent to getd...

What is the step-by-step procedure for making a data list?
I've read and re-read how to do datalists, but I cannot get the hang of how to make one and apply it. I need a simple tutorial in how to make one, from A to Z. I want to call in items that have cost associated with them instead of typing them each and every time. Any GOOD help will be greatly appreciated. Try Debra's nice coverage on VLOOKUP at her: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Bobgolfs56" <Bobgolfs56@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Add GAL to each users Contact list in Outlook 2003
How do I add the GAL to my users contact tab in Outlook 2003. Why not use Offline Address Books? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- <smd321@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1131638724.170775.275980@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > How do I add the GAL to my users contact tab in Outlook 2003. > In news:1131638724.170775.275980@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, smd321@gmail.com <smd321@gmail.com> typed: > How do I add the GAL to my users contact tab in Outlook 2003. The GAL is not Outlook ...

Item Integration not populating list price
I am doing and inventory item integration. I can't get the price group, default price level, or the list price to populate. I made sure the list price was put in the currency folder. My price group and price level values do exist. I have tried putting a constant (1.00) into the list price field and that doesn't work either. We are not using extended pricing. Any ideas? Jenny, You will need to have to sources: one for your items and one for your list price. Since list prices are part of the currency collection, IM expects a one to many relationship between the ...

bulk mailing from excel list
Dear Sir, I want to send a mail using excel list. For Eg: i have some email ID's in "column B" & the persons name in "column C" & i want when a mail is send the same mail should go to all the persons with there individual names.... abc@hotmail.com Dear ABC, def@gmail.com Dear DEF In this way... Do u have such formula in excel... See http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/message.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Sourabh" <Sourabh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Data Validation drop-down list does not appear
I have an Excel workbook that has data validation lists. The sources for the lists are ranges. On one worksheet, the drop-down list does not appear on any cell with data validation. On all other sheets, data validation works fine. In Excel 97, if the cell with data validation is in a frozen pane of the window, the dropdown won't work. If that's the cause, perhaps you could split the window, instead of freezing the panes. Barbara wrote: > I have an Excel workbook that has data validation lists. > The sources for the lists are ranges. On one worksheet, > the drop...