List a group of repeated data from sheet1 to sheet2 but not repeat

--
thadi

I have one excel sheet1 look like the following.

UserName	             Location	Division	     Software Name            Version

Maria.Sigmund        Parkade	 Probation      Adobe Reader                7.0
Maria.Sigmund        Parkade	 Probation      Lotus Notes 	         6.5.5
Eric.Bell                  Parkade	 IT                 WebFldrs
        1.0
Eric.Bell                  Parkade	 IT                 Adobe Reader
      7.0
Eric.Bell                  Parkade	 IT                 Symantec AntiVirus
     8.1

I want to modify this sheet1 to sheet 2 using Excel Macro in the following
format:

UserName	          Location     Division      Software Name           Version

Maria.Sigmund     Parkade    Probation    Adobe Reader              7.0
          	                                            Lotus Notes
     6.55
Eric.Bell               Parkade	 IT        WebFldrs                    1.0
                                                            Adobe Reader
         7.0
                                                            Symantec
AntiVirus       8.1

I am a novice user in Excel Macro.  I greatly appreciate any help.

0
Tasmania (1)

Check your other post for a non-macro suggestion.

Please don't multipost to several newsgroups.

If you think you have to post to lots of newsgroups, then send one message to
all the newsgroups--instead of sending single messages to each group separately.

Tasmania wrote:

> --
> thadi
>
> I have one excel sheet1 look like the following.
>
> UserName                     Location   Division             Software Name            Version
>
> Maria.Sigmund        Parkade     Probation      Adobe Reader                7.0
> Maria.Sigmund        Parkade     Probation      Lotus Notes              6.5.5
> Eric.Bell                  Parkade       IT                 WebFldrs
>         1.0
> Eric.Bell                  Parkade       IT                 Adobe Reader
>       7.0
> Eric.Bell                  Parkade       IT                 Symantec AntiVirus
>      8.1
>
> I want to modify this sheet1 to sheet 2 using Excel Macro in the following
> format:
>
> UserName                  Location     Division      Software Name           Version
>
> Maria.Sigmund     Parkade    Probation    Adobe Reader              7.0
>                                                             Lotus Notes
>      6.55
> Eric.Bell               Parkade  IT        WebFldrs                    1.0
>                                                             Adobe Reader
>          7.0
>                                                             Symantec
> AntiVirus       8.1
>
> I am a novice user in Excel Macro.  I greatly appreciate any help.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Drop-down Lists
I created a drop-down list...works fine. Now I'm looking to create a feature whenever one of the items is selected (from the drop-down list) that data from another sheet (same workbook) is displayed. Thanks. It depends how your data is organised, but you could use VLOOKUP( ) to return data from another sheet - you might need several formulae across a row to return several cells of data, each dependent on your choice from the drop-down list. Hope this helps - if you need further help please re-post with some further details. Pete ...

how do I enter a list in a list box or a combo box
hi i am trying to enter a list of names into either a list box or a combo box but i can not find out how to do it... can anybody help please... On 31/05/2010 11:42 AM, word challenged wrote: > hi i am trying to enter a list of names into either a list box or a combo box > but i can not find out how to do it... can anybody help please... See the following page of Greg Maxey's website: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm If it's an ActiveX combobox that you haved inserted directly into the document, right click on it and select View Code and use c...

Grouping mails by their date received
Hi there, I would like to group my mails on "Received" date so as to figure out my activities on a particular date. Microsoft Outlook 2K SR1 allows its users to format the columns the way they want and group mails by those columns (except columns with formula) When I customize the "Received" column with "mm/dd/yy" format and group by it, Outlook falls back to the original format ignoring my customization. This results in a useless view in which Outlook groups the mails upto minutes accuracy and ends up puting one mail on each group and creating as many groups ...

Change Data Connection Definitions from local to sharepoint
Hi, I am using Excel 2007 and have created a query tool/workbook that contains a linked table worksheet from sharepoint as the source data (its a custom view/subset of the records data). This worksheet is refreshed from the sharepoint source periodically. I created this tool/workbook on my desktop, and now want to put it on the sharepoint location for multiple users. However, the Data Connection definition for the linked worksheet is showing the local address of my pc, so the data refresh won't work once the workbook is posted to the sharepoint. I have not been able t...

Username not in Global Address List
Hi all, I have added several user accounts on my Exchange 2003 server. All of them would show up in the Glabal Address List (GAL) except the last user I added. I am going to called it UserX. This last user account would show up in all the users' workstations except one station. Let's call it StationY. This particular client at StationY would see all the users in the Global Address List except UserX. In other words, UserX doesn't show up in the GAL on StationY. What should I do in order to bring UserX to show up in GAL on StationY? I appreciate any help on this. Thanks, ...

FE-BE Server Distribution Lists
Hello, I have a front end 2003 exchange server and a back end 2003 exchange server. I have an SMTP virtual server accepting in mail, and the SMTP connector configured with the FE VS as the bridgehead. My problem is when people send to global distribution lists from outside of the organisation they sit in the FE SMTP Mailbox and cause a x.400 message loop.. I have managed to research this problem to discover if I go in and manually set the distribution group expansion server to the BE, then people sending to the distribution group works fine, otherwise doesnt work. As mentioned this is a p...

Distribution group
I am having a problem with a distribution group. There are 2 members, one receives mail and the other doesn't for some reason. If I send a message internally they both receive it however any mail coming into this address externally is only received by the one user. I just added myself to the distribution list and have the same problem - I can receive internal email to this address but not external. One user gets it all fine. Any ideas? Thanks Dave How have you configured the distribution group? Also, I assume that you have no problem which is sent directly to you from and external ...

At each change in data apply formula
Is there a function/ code that can look down a column and apply a formula when there is a change in data. i know there is the subtotal function but this does not work for my requirement. Using the following data I would want to automatically look at where the data changes (in column A) and apply a formula in another column (say Column B) for the same row. I would therefore expect to apply the formula as per the following example to cells B1, B4, B5 and B9 Col A row 1 AAA row 2 AAA row 3 AAA row4 BBB row5 CCC row6 CCC ro...

Data Validation With Multiple Criteria
I currently have a form that accepts sample measurements. Is there a way to place multiple validation rules into a text box so that there is either a measurement entered between 4" and 4.5" or the text box is left empty as the other choice. (This last option would be to allow a person who accidentally entered a measurement into the wrong text box to go back and delete it without breaking the validation rule ) I'd greatly appreciate any advice on the best way to do this, Thanks, Adam Private Sub YourTextBox_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Not IsNull(Me.Yo...

Making legend (or textbox) move as data changes
Hi I'm trying to make an XY scatter chart which my users will be able to change, just by changing the data in the data ranges. The chart contains several curves each having its own legend/text box, placed at the right end point of the curve. When the data changes, I need the legend/textbox to move along with the end point of the curve (colors and different line styles are not an option). I have tried to group the curve with the legend/textbox but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? mr Hi, Maybe these examples will help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/LabelLastPoint.html h...

Handling the System Image List ?
Hi guys, In my program I made a Shell Namespace tree viewer that needs the system imagelist which I handle like this: // let's get the image list SHFILEINFO sfi; ZeroMemory(&sfi,sizeof(sfi)); HIMAGELIST hImageList=(HIMAGELIST)SHGetFileInfo(_T("C:\\"),0,&sfi,sizeof(SHFILEINFO),SH GFI_SYSICONINDEX|SHGFI_SMALLICON); // attach it to my class member m_imageList.Attach(hImageList); // later on in my destructor I free it m_imageList.Detach(); I think I am doing it right because it works. The thing is, I want to use that tree I made in different spots but it seems I can'...

Links Messed Up When Posting to Groups
When I post to a message group my links (URL's and e-mail addresses) are changed by either Outlook or the group. Here is how I have written the message: Steve Lockridge steve@websitewarehouse.com CLIENT SPOTLIGHT - The airing of ABC's two-hour "Nick Family" special Extreme Makeover: Home Edition has been scheduled for this Sunday, August 14. The newly redesigned Morgan Nick Foundation web site (www.morgannick.com) will also be revealed this weekend. Congratulations Colleen, Logan and Taryn! Here is how it appears to the group: Steve Lockridge HYPERLINK "mailto:steve...

lookup list
I'd like to have a lookup list, which shows 2 colums of the reference table. The columns are next to each other. Is that possible? ...

why won't excel allow me to add more data to a chart?
For some of my data I skip days for collecting it so I use the shift key to click on the days I do want in the chart. I have been doing this for awhile but now that I'm obtaining more points it has simply stopped letting me add data points. When I click on the one where it stops collecting it erases all of the others I have clicked and makes a stop noise. I need to add more data so why won't it let me?? Hi, There is a finite limit on the length of the series formula, ~1024 characters. So this example is for a series with 3 data points in cells A2:B4. =SERIES(,Sheet...

exporting a mailing list
I would like to export a clients customer file into excell so they can send out a mailer. This seams like it should be an easy task. I have tried to run a report, customer list but it doesnt give me all the info I need. (address, city, state). Is there a place to export this info. Im probally overlooking something stupid but I dont see it. "Zack Anderson" <zack@electronicbiz.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:26049526-2FBB-4CA2-8B20-CBD89EE38E29@microsoft.com... >I would like to export a clients customer file into excell so they can send > out a mailer. This ...

Copy data between 2 instances of Excel
Hello, I have 2 windows of Excel with data. The data are separated (not in one workbook). I would like to copy the data from one Excel to another via VBA or Macro. How can I do that ? Thanks If you look at the Object Model you'll see that Workbook is a collection. Any open workbook should be part of that collection. So, if you only have these 2 books open you should be able to switch from workbook(1) to workbook(20, using the sheets collection, and the cells collection, ranges, etc to grab the data from one book and copy or move this to the other. E.g. Workbooks(1).Sheets("...

how to do a repeated operations with one keystroke
I print many orders in one day and end up doing the same seven steps everytime i want to print. i choose to save the file, i choose to print it to the printer, etx. Is there some way I can record those choices and have them all done when i just press one thing?? Have you tried recording a macro, then play the macro via pull down menus or from smartlist? -- dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. "please please hel...

How do I separate data in address field? #2
I have over 1,000 records in an address data base. The street address field contains both the house number and the street name. I need to place these in separate fields so that I can sort by street name. Is there a shortcut to doing this so that I don’t have to cut and paste each individual record? Thanks for your help. Look at data>text to columns -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Baylynx" <Baylynx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CA0894C-2652-4448-BEC4-399B45F56373@microsoft.com... >I have over 1,000 records in an ...

Maximizing dialog box and Control list
Hi, I programming using VS 6.0, MFC SDI. I have a dialog box, wich contains a CListCtrl table. My problem is that, when the dialog box is maximized, the control lists and the ok, cancel, and other buttos stay the way their are. I mean, they don't change it size accordingly. How can I maximize or change the dialog box size and everything on it change accordingly? I hope I've made myself clear. Thanks in advance Hi, You should override OnSize method of your dialog box and use SetWindowPos for your child windows. f.e. void CMyDialog::OnSize(UINT nType, int cx, int cy) { CDialog::...

"Recently Used File List"
Using Excel 2002... Is there any way to remove files from this list other than waiting for them to be replaced over time? You could remove then. Here is code showing how to get at it Dim i As Long For i = 0 To Application.RecentFiles.Count i = i + 1 If Application.RecentFiles(i).Name = "ABC.xls" Then Application.RecentFiles(i).Delete End If Next i But don't forget, some items in the list will be just the file name, some will include the path -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "phil6666&qu...

How to subtract data in one chart from another chart in access?
I have data from a query in one chart showing revenue totals from July2009 to December 2009. Then I have another chart showing revenue totals from July2009 to January 2010. I want to create a chart that shows revenue for only the month of January2010. This means I need to subtract the December2009 revenue from the January2010 revenue. Is there a query for this? Can you please post the structure of your tables? -- Lynn Trapp MCP, MOS, MCAS "Lanz" wrote: > I have data from a query in one chart showing revenue totals from July2009 to > December 2009. The...

Custom Address List in Outlook XP
Hi All, We have just deployed an Exchange 2003 server into our environment. Only two accounts have been migrated thus far, hence the GAL only shows two addresses...so far so good. Our remaining accounts all have SMTP email addresses published in AD. Outlook XP is deployed to all machines and uses and LDAP add-in to look up addresses in AD. Mail is sent by a sendmail server. This has been working well since implementation. I have created a custom Address List on the Exchange Server, and 'preview' looks like exactly what I want. My problem is that Outlook XP is trying to inte...

Populate subform field with data from main form field
I'm trying to populate a field in a subform with data from a field in the main form. How do I go about doing that. Thanks. ...

Distribution Group
I've created a distribution group via Address Book and it's in Contacts -- How do I share this group with other members of the group? Can I send the group like one can send a VCard? In news:eUCrYzXPGHA.3556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, M.Siler <John.Doe@NoSpam.com> typed: > I've created a distribution group via Address Book and it's in > Contacts -- How do I share this group with other members of the > group? Can I send the group like one can send a VCard? Hi - When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if applicable) of Outlook...

Export data
I have a cleint who wants to export data to another product. Is thi spossible and how do I do it? thanks hi David, first of all everything is possible but how he wanted to export if normally th eprocess works that from the active reports you can export the report and import it soemwhere else. however at the database level also you can export the whole day or few information per your need. I am not sure what application you are using and what you wanted to make export. Akber "David Sherman" wrote: > I have a cleint who wants to export data to another product. > > Is ...