Linking text within Excel-- help!

I have a mailing list that I will be importing into Excel, and am trying to
link the names on the list to invoices for those people on the list. Can I do
this in Excel by using links? The Excel help feature only seems to describe
links with figures (numbers), not text.

e.g.
Mr. Bill Jones, 123 Main Street, Middletown, OK 40404
(each word in its own cell in the mailing list worksheet)

....would link to a worksheet that had Bill Jones' name and address but also
indicted that he purchased a $100 product on June 15 and his bill has been
paid in full.

My questions:
1. Each of the 300 or so names on the original list will need its own
invoice; do these need to each be a separate file if I use links?
2. Should I instead link the Excel mailing list to invoices created in Word
instead of Excel? I will have to copy and paste the invoices anyway, from an
old Mac database.
3. Can someone walk me through setting up the links, as the Excel help
wasn't helpful for me here?
I am using Excel 2002.
Thanks!

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

data input in text box

Excel 2007

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Need help with Auto Filter

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel

Help with income/expenses

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

Excel Problem

Need Query Help

Using Visio HTML output within frames
Hi, I want to include visio HTML output in a frame of another html file. Unfortunately it is not working. I understood the problem is in vml_*.htm files. It is due to, the target arrtibute(pointing to _parent) in v:shapetype tag and href attribute (pointing to #) in v:shape tag. These attributes should point to "_top" and "<target-html-file>#" respectively inorder to work. I want to change these options while saving .vsd as web page? I would appreciate if you can help me in this regard. <v:shapetype id="VISSHAPE" target="_parent" coor...

Excel DNS query

Can anyone help ?