Line weights

Once that I set the line weight in a column to bold or whaever I like, and I
save, I notice that if I delete a row or copy to a row from another
worksheet, the line wight that I have in my new worksheet dissapears and
changes to something else.
How can I save my line settings so it would stay put and would not change in
the future?
Thanks.

0
octaven (5)

Stripping a line #5
Thanx alot that works great -- insan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- insane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1574 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27258 ...

line on soft page break
I am not sure on this one so any help is really appreciated. User has a report in word that has only soft page breaks. He has titles with bold lines underneath. These are not inserted lines, or a part of a footer, franky I am not sure waht they are or how to get rid of them. If I place the cursor infront of the text and hit enter to push it down the to next page will take the text and line down to the next page, but then leaves the original line on the previous page. (????) so now i have 2, if I backspace the text, then I have 2 lines - one above and one below the text. Ca...

Search and replace New line characters
how do I find out which cells contain new line characters. I need to strip out all the newline characters from my sheet. Thanks, R Rajiv, This VBA might help For Each cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange cell.Value = Replace(cell.Value, Chr(10), vbNull) cell.Value = Replace(cell.Value, Chr(13), vbNull) Next cell -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Rajiv Chandran" <Rajiv.Chandran@Oracle.com> wrote in message news:zGkYb.1$aC.45@news.oracle.com... > how...

Command line
Is it possible to attach several files with swith /a ? outlook /a "e:\MyFolder\MyFile.xls" is correct but outlook /a "e:\MyFolder\MyFile1.xls" "e:\MyFolder\MyFile2.xls" is not correct I don't find a synthax to do that. Thank you. No, not possible. In case you are scripting this you might want to consider putting all files in a compressed folder first. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Etienne" <Etienn...

Help with grid lines please
I use several excel spread sheets. On one of them, I inadvertantly laid a book against the space bar and wiped out several rows of data. Not a big deal and I recreated it. (After I figured out the book on the space bar was the problem). However, for those rows that were "wiped out", I can't restore the vertical grid lines using the "borders" tool. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks, DonR maybe you have some data in one of the cells, and spaces after it ex "this is data" spc spc spc spc the spc is blank spaces and overlaps the grid lines block...

Line Chart Format change on select
I have a xy scatter chart with 5 series. Is it possible to have the line thickness dynamically change when selected? An example is, if you click on a line you can use the up and down arrows to cycle threw the different parts of the chart. When scrolling I would like the thickness to change, while select, and when I go to the next line return to standard formatting. I know this sound a little out there, but just trying to make the boss happy. Thank you for your help. Tim Hi, If you want it to happen directly in the chart you will need event code. If you want to use a control to select...

How to add fields to distribution list display line?

Turning off CRM's "Feature" to move address line data
We use address line 3 for other purposes as we do not need 3 lines of address information. We have been using CRM for a few months now and have noticed disappearing data. Well, we thought it had disappeared. What we discovered, and Microsoft confirms it, that if you have a blank street 1 and value in street 2, or value in 1 and value in 3 etc, CRM will move your address data around. We now have our much needed field which we used street 3 for all over ie some contacts have it in street 1, some street 2 etc. Instead of trying to manually fix over 5000 contacts by hand (have to put ...

command line options/switches to print excel file
I need command line options/switches to print the excel file on printer. Like C:\> excel.exe C:\abc.xls /print or C:\> excel.exe -print C:\abc.xls I'm able to print DOC, PPT file but I could not do it. Can anyone tell me any command. for Doc file it is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE" testdocfile.doc / q /n /mFilePrintDefault /mFileExit Can anyone tell me a similar command for excel too. Thanks in advance ...

picture prints with lines
Hi, Can you help me? My inserted jpg has no lines on it but when I insert it into the Pub. file I'm working with and print, lines are printed. I've tried deleting and reinserting the pic. and the same thing keeps happening. Additonally, I previewed both my jpg and my Pub. file; no lines are there... Thank you :) What kind of lines are you talking about? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bobbi" <Bobbi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F95B5B2-7C11-46FD-8E6D-AF39404493E1@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Can you help me? My inserted jp...

when I try to bullet one line, all bullets for every line
When I type a paragraph and want to indent with a bullet., the entire paragraph is automatically bulleted and goes to a single spacing. I tried turning off bullet in the options but it still doesn't work. I repaired Office and it still does the same thing. ...

Location of the List of Names that AutoFill To:... line
How do you clear the list of names that automatically appear in the To: field when you start typing a name? ...where are they kept? Outlook 2002 see article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;287623&Product=out >-----Original Message----- >How do you clear the list of names that automatically >appear in the To: field when you start typing a >name? ...where are they kept? > >Outlook 2002 >. > ...

Excel plotting problems with columns and lines
I plotted rainfall data and river levels on an X-Y graph. I then changed the way the rainfall was displayed from a line into columns. Unfortunately, Excel changed the way it treated the rainfall data, changing it from a time series into categories and creating a hidden secondary X-axis. While this may be understandable, Excel also alterred the maximum value of the X axis, changing it from 60 down to 48. This meant that the position of each column did not line up with the corresponding hour on the primary axis. This wouldn't have been a major problem if the secondary axis...

Plot line on chart
I have a column chart which the columns show data series for the year (2010-01, 2010-02....) I need to plot a line starting at 0 and go all the way to the last entry total which would be 2010-12. So basically i am just drawing a line from 0 the the last data point. Any idea on how to get this done? Thanks in advance ...

How do I make a line non-selectable?
I've got lines running through my cells showing the current yield. Problem is they are selected for movement when you mouse over the cells. Is there a way to leave them there but not being selectable? I want the operator to not have to fight to select the cell and not the line. Thanks. Highlight the row, Format->Cells->'Protection' tab->Select 'Locked', then Tools->Protection->'Protect Sheet'->Uncheck "Select locked cells" -- Regards, Dave "Shinka" wrote: > I've got lines running through my cells showing the...

Creating text lines in a cell
I have a spreadsheet where I would like to use one column to put some notes about the spreadsheet's content. I am using symbols to create a bullet list inside a cell. OK, here's my question. Is it possible for the cursor to go to the next line in the same cell so I can start a new sentence? The best I have been able to do is use the wrap text feature and just put a lot of spaces but I would like to find an easier cleaner way to do this. Thanks Use Alt-Enter to insert new line within same cell. Rita Richard wrote: > I have a spreadsheet where I would like to use one colum...

How do I turn single line data into rows?
Hi guys, Thanks to all that pointed me to data validation...works great. Now I can use data validation for pull down menus....but I want to put addresses of customers into a list...so I can use them to invoice quicker...this is easy if I put the addresses into one cell and use the list. Is it possible to put addresses into a list in the normal way i.e., as you would write it on an envelope? Or is there a way so the displayed line is put to rows eg some sort of delimiter For example I want to display 123,Abc, etc As 123 Abc Etc Regards Shaun If the commas are used only to separate the...

Current Date Time Line
I am using a bar graph to display a list of projects where each project has a start date and an end date. The chart is set up for a 3 year time frame with the projects listed on the left side of the chart from top to bottom, months go from left to right across the top of the chart. What I need to do is have a vertical "time line" for the current date to show on the chart. An help on how I can set this up is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Gail Hi Gail - Try one of the methods described here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltie...

How do I add a trend line to a stacked chart in Excel
We are trying to add a trend line to a stacked chart in Excel but are having no luck. The one way I know to add a line to a stacked bar chart is to add the range containing the trend data as a new series to your chart (or create a new chart and add the trend line as if it were another section of the stacked bar). Right click on the data series containing the line information, click on chart type and select the line chart. (If your data doesn't line up one-to-one you may need to do something more creative with an xy chart type.) I learned about this stuff on the following web sit...

Getting a line chart to NOT plot a zero value
I have a chart that is updated each month with new production figures and a line chart set up to automatically pull the data from the chart and plot it; however, on the months that haven't occurred yet, the line chart is plotting those months as "zero". I've tried setting the "plot empty cells as: not plotted" in tools/options/chart, but that doesn't work. Apparently, because there is a formula in the cell for the future months, it is plotting the zero... What am I missing?! Thanks a ton!! Formulas must return something. "" (which they pre...

How can I delete a line in a power point organizational chart?
I have never used Powerpoint and I am trying to create an organizational chart. When I have moved some boxes the lines are crooked and I need to either figure out how to straighten them or delete and recreat them. Please help. What version are you using and how did you create the chart? Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "MVP" <MVP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EA0DE10-5E3F-4ABC-9367-ECF9D41BF1CA@microsoft.com... >I have never used Powerpoint and I am trying to create an org...

Ms Access Rpt Change prior detail line format
How may I CHANGE the format of the Detail line 1 in a report if Line 2 is missing values but the rest of the detail lines after that have values. I have a report with 60 detail lines for specific areas. the first line is the total for all, the second line is the total for area XX the third line is the total for area YY. Then the rest are individual accounts for the XX and YY areas If Area XX is missing I want the format of the first line with the totals to be formatted differently than if all areas had values. AREA p1 p2 p3 TOT 123 232 222 XX na na na YY 1...

Outlook 2000 doesn't print from command line
Hi, I have Office 2000 installed. When i try to print a message file (.msg) from command line with command : outlook.exe /p test.msg it diesn't do anything. No error at all and am unable to print from command line from outlook program which was working fine sometimes back but suddenly it stopped working. However it does work if i open outlook program from GUI and do file- >print. What could be the problem? Why it doen't work from commandline /p switch? Please help Thanks B ...

How item cost are computed when selecting Weighted Average cost update method
When item on-hand quantity goes positive, it's all right with the (Beginning inventory cost + Current purchase cost) / (Beginning inventory units + Current purchase units) formula. But I am just curious when on-hand quantity goes negative or zero, will RMS still computed item cost with the formula above? Assume that we have in stock 3 hammers that cost $10.00 each, then we sale 6 hammers at POS, and we then order 6 more hammers that cost $12.00 each. Any ideas? and we then order 3 more hammers that cost $12.00 each. NOT 6. "Kaibin" <kaibin@hotmail.com> wrote in me...

Coupon Invoice Line Item
Hello Everyone; I'm using Money Deluxe and Small Business. When doing up an invoice, is there a way to enter a discount or a coupon as a line item? (I know I can apply a discount to a line item) I would have thought I could enter an inventory item (or something similar) with a negative number or percentage. This seems to be basic functionality common sense to have it. TIA Brian W ping! "Brian W" <brianw@gold_death_2_spam_rush.com> wrote in message news:e5VPVtJpDHA.2500@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello Everyone; > > I'm using Money Deluxe and Small Busin...