Line Chart

I have the following data I want to chart:
	8	12	16	36	64	100
Mtl Cost	$15,207	$19,079	$22,950	$42,308	$69,408	$104,252
Engr Cost	$16,640	$24,960	$33,280	$74,880	$133,120	$208,000

When I created the chart the upper bounds of the y axis is $350,000, and the
Engr Cost series, although states it $208,000, it's above the $300,000.

What am I doing wrong.

Bob

0
Bob4289 (354)

Hover your mouse above each axis in turn.
Right-Click and select Format Axis.
Go to the Scale page, and uncheck the auto boxes.
Put in the values you feel are appropriate (Max, Min etc.) and click OK.

If the visual effect is not what you want, then repeat.

Regards
Paul

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the following data I want to chart:
> 8 12 16 36 64 100
> Mtl Cost $15,207 $19,079 $22,950 $42,308 $69,408 $104,252
> Engr Cost $16,640 $24,960 $33,280 $74,880 $133,120 $208,000
>
> When I created the chart the upper bounds of the y axis is $350,000, and
> the
> Engr Cost series, although states it $208,000, it's above the $300,000.
>
> What am I doing wrong.
>
> Bob

Pie chart with 'anchored' lines to text box
I have a pie chart with a text box (to the upper right). I take one slice and draw lines from the top and bottom of the outside ends of the slice to connect to the text box. Naturally, as the data changes, the slice changes (or the pie slightly rotates) which requires me to adjust the lines to the box. Is there a way to have these lines track with the chart? ...

Charting Email Viruses
Hi I have very little experience with Excel graphs and I would appreciate some help. I have a table with dates and times when a virus was intercepted by our virus checker program. It goes from 2001 to present and has about 30'000 entries :-( A fragment is listed below. I would like to plot the number of arrivals of each virus vs time, and also a combined graph with each and all viruses vs time. The time granularity could be weeks or months, but also hours. ===================================== Date Time Virus 24.01.2002 15:59 Hybris 24.01.2002 17:00 Hybris 24.01.2002 23:06 Badtrans....

line color
I have an XY chart using dates for the X. The Y axis is made up from a column of equations. When I create the chart, the lines that connect the data points don't show up. I have been into the plot format and tried making the lines come up in different colors, but nothing seems to work. However, when I make a column that is equal to just the value of the other cells and use this new column to graph the chart, the lines show up, but the dates change to numbers between 0 and 12 on the chart. How do I make the lines show up without changing the any of the data? Can you give an exa...

Chart.Name lives forever?
At the beginning of the code I blow away any chart objects I find with Dim co As ChartObject For Each co In mySheet.ChartObjects co.Delete Next And for good measure (this is probably all you have to do) mySheet.ChartObjects.Delete Afterwards, Chart.ChartObjects.Count is == 0 Later, I review the charts on the sheet with For Each co In ws.ChartObjects sTitle = co.Chart.Name MsgBox ("has the name " & sTitle) Next Only one chart is found, but it's name is incrementing. This leads me to believe that I really didn't b...

adding a chart
hey i have to write a short VBA script for a school project and i am tryin to add some charts into my worksheet without success. i am dealing with an Excel object (which i call App) and i managed t do everything until i began trying to add charts. apparently i have a problem in this section " App.Range("F1,E1,D1,C1,B1,A1").Select App.Charts.Add App.ActiveChart.ChartType = xlColumnClustered ... " i figured the 'xlColumnClustered' is the thing bu 'App.xlColumnClustered' failed also (as well as other chart types). does anyone have a clue ? ome -- Me...

Scattered Diagram using MS Chart Control
Hi, I have two questions using the ActiveX MSChart Control. Since there obviously is no documentation for Visual C++ I hope to find an answer here. I want to generate an XY chart. Displaying the chart I get a rather big problem. The values on the Y axis range from - 128 to +128, while the X-axis contains data that goes far beyond that range (>1000). Now when I plot the chart I get a long and thin graph, as if the display resolution is the same for the X and Y axis. But I want the graph to completely fill out the designated area, i.e. stretch the Y-axis until it fits. Does anybody ...

Combine two different chart styles on one chart
I would like to combine a stacked bar chart with a normal bar chart on one chart. For example, I have the following data: Domestic sales $1,000 International sales $2,000 Intercompany sales $3,000 On one chart, all next to each other I want: 1. each of these data as a normal bar chart (3 bars in total) 2. all three combined on a stacked (multi-color) bar Any ideas on how to do this? Any help would be appreciated thank you in advance -- FXS Try one of the tutorials listed on this page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

Excel 2007 and inverted charts
(sory for my language, I'm from Poland) Why Excel 2007 is doing inverted charts? For instant, please write in a1, b1, c1, d1 some text (a, b, c, d) and in next column (1, 2, 3, 4) and do chart. Excel do from 'd' to 'a', not from 'a' do 'd'. Why? Right click on the x-axis Open Format Axis and on the Axis Option tab experiment with "Categories in Reverse Order" best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "skuwka" <skuwka@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1181564334.992841.35080@p77g2000hsh...

line series order Excel 2007
I have charts with over 5 series. I mostly reorder them by selecting the series and update the ordernumber in the formula of the series displayed in the formula bar, but ... the selected series is very often NOT showed in the formula bar , why is that? If you have actually selected a series, its formula will appear in the formula bar. If you've clicked on something else, like a data label, there will be no series formula. In the Name box (Excel 2003 & earlier) or in the top left of the two rightmost chart tools tabs, the name of the selected chart element will be displayed, so y...

User defined charts #2
Morning All Have set up a user defined chart - to chart a target percentage Bar 100% with another bar next to it with the performance target acheived eg 80%. In the user defined chart the Target percentage is the first bar and coloured blue and the performance percentage is red and the second bar. When I chart the next months data the above bars are reversed and the colours are swapped over; this means I have to go in and change the formatting over each time I create the chart using this user defined template. Would appreciate any ideas as to what I am doing wrong / right, TIA Ajay ...

Lines
The lines at the bottom and left of my form are keeping me from having enough room. Are those set in stone or can you eliminate those? I have already tried everything I can find, margins etc. Thanks for the help!!! "Golfinray" <Golfinray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7F39678-D13D-42C4-9739-6EE2D6C73B02@microsoft.com... > The lines at the bottom and left of my form are keeping me from having > enough > room. Are those set in stone or can you eliminate those? I have already > tried > everything I can find, margins etc. Thanks for the help...

Add a line in a chart....help...
I have a spreadsheet where your are supposed too archive curtain goals, based on different activities. I've got six different colums taht shows the activities, I wanna' have a line that shows how the activites mesures up to the goal. Ex. the goal (and the line) is to run 12 times a month, but you only run seven (activities) Anybody who could help, thanks Ns Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a horizontal line to a chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine N Schei wrote: > I have a spreadsheet where your are supposed too archive curt...

create a spider chart that plots like a compass
Using one axis i want to plot a spider chart and have the plot points match a compass Hi, Excel has what is called a Radar chart, you can use that. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "pilotgabe" wrote: > Using one axis i want to plot a spider chart and have the plot points match a > compass ...

Pixel size and line thickness
I have a MFC application which can plot data points in a graph. 1. Is it possible that while plotting a pixel point, I could change the size of it? The code which I have used: CDC *dc; CPoint cPt; cPt.x = 0.1; cPt.y = 0.1; dc->SetPixel(cPt,cRGB); // CRGB is an instance of COLORREF 2. Is it possible to change the default thickness of the line? For drawing the line: dc->LineTo(cPt); Thanks a lot As far as I remember this is bad: > CPoint cPt; > cPt.x = 0.1; > cPt.y = 0.1; CPoint::x is an int - thus you'll get truncated to 0. I suggest you to use some kind of rounding, ...

On line statements in Money2005
I recently upgraded from Money 2003 to Money 2005. Money 2003 had a feature that showed under the accounts list page called "get online statements" which I could use to download activity from my bank re cleared transactions, etc. I don't find a similar feature in Money 2005. Would someone please point me to where in Money2005 I should go to get online statements or download bank activity? - Bob Internet Updates in the Tools menu?!? "Bob" <bob@serenitymail.com> wrote in message news:ucnW7$UpGHA.4236@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I recently upgraded from ...

Resizing elements of Excel charts
Any ideas why Excel won't let me resize my plot area or legend, etc.? I can get the double arrow handles to show up, but they won't work. Oh - I just realized it is because I am working with a PivotChart. I can avoid that, but for the future is there any way to resize elements of PivotCharts, or is what you see what you get? "Artifactual" wrote: > Any ideas why Excel won't let me resize my plot area or legend, etc.? I can > get the double arrow handles to show up, but they won't work. Pivot charts do not have the same flexibility as normal charts. The...

bar chart on 2 axis
I am trying to create a bar chart. I have 9 series for which each have 2 sets of data value. I want to create a bar chart where each series is represented by 1 bar, with the chart having one set of values along the x axis and one along the y axis. I am having great difficulty with this. Can you help at all? Full instructions are found at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Hannah" <Hannah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED02B24D-AEA9-40E0-8D8C-4199...

2007 Charts not retaining formatting
We have a spreadsheet that we have put together with a number of calculations and charts. Several scheets have two charts on it with the data and some comments. The system keeps changing some of the chart formatting such as label sizes, color or even the size of the whole chart. This can happen when we get ready to print several sheets or even save the file exit Excel and reopen the file. It seems to have a lot of loose ends with things just happening to the formats in the file. This was a new spreadsheet created as a 2007 Macro Spreadsheet. (We had to use a custom function since ...

I want to make the line twinkling, but why the line can not redraw?
void CMyView::OnButtonL() { CClientDC* pDC = NULL;; pDC = new CClientDC(this); ASSERT(pDC != NULL); CPen Pen1(PS_SOLID, 10, RGB(192, 192, 192)/*GetSysColor(COLOR_BTNTEXT)*/); CPen* pPenOld = pDC->SelectObject(&Pen1); pDC->MoveTo(100, 50); pDC->LineTo(200, 50); pDC->SelectObject(pPenOld); delete pDC; if(m_bTimerOkey == false) { SetTimer(IDT_TIMER_LINE, 5000, NULL); m_bTimerOkey = true; } } void CMyView::OnTimer(UINT nIDEvent) { if(nIDEvent == IDT_TIMER_LINE) { RECT LineRect = {100-5, 50-5, 200+5, 50+5}; //InvalidateRect(&LineRect); OnButtonL(); }...

Multiple Pie Chart
How do you create a multiple pie chart? e.g. if you have 3 groups A, B and C, each which 3 different category X, Y and Z. Is it possible to put it all into one chart? I have done it but it has to be done individually and it takes time. There's no chart type that combines multiple independent pies in the same chart. Your approach (three sepaarate charts) is how I would do it. Unless you want to try one of the approaches in this article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=471 These look great, combining the data into a single apparent chart, but they act...

REPLICATES ON CHART
i"m following an experiment and have several measurements each day under the same conditions> i want to chart all the data (scatter) with a line which shows mw the range or deviation of each day"s data group for each day> i know is a silly question but i cannot find the way could somebody help me with that-- Thanks Alejandro Do you mean you collect a number of reading each day, and you want to chart the average of these plotted against the date together with error bars showing either the min & max or the standard deviation (which) ? Can we assume the dates are in colu...

Closing Outlook from command line
Is there a way to close Outlook from a command line? I need to have it closed before I do my daily backup on a remote machine. Outlook runs on this machine to archive all the emails managed through Exchange. Thanks Steve Hi Steve, you could try our freeware addin "QuitOutlook": With QuitOutlook you can shut down Outlook at a particular time. To start QuitOutlook you only need to add the script into a scheduled task of Windows. Then you are able to backup your Outlook data file (*.pst file) easily and uncomplicated Download on this site: http://www.publicshareware.com/pu...

Excel
In Excel, although in Tools, Options, View, the grid lines box is checked, they don't show on my worksheet? Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks. Look in Tools, Options, View and in the color box under the gridline box, make sure it is set for automatic -- ElsiePO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ElsiePOA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=390 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26183 Also Format the cells' background color to "No Color"(default) and not ...

draw a horizontal line at the end of report
My report draws vertical lines in details section. How can I draw a horizontal line after last record on each page to make the table complete? Thanks. -- Lydia Liu Access/VB Programmer Have you tried adding a horizontal line in the Page Footer? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Lydia" wrote: > My report draws vertical lines in details section. How can I draw a > horizontal line after last record on each page to make the table complete? > Thanks. > > -- > Lydia Liu > Access/VB Programmer > ...

How do I create a combination bar and XY chart?
I'm using Excel 2002 and would like to create a horizontal bar chart with some dots (or other symbols) overlayed on top. The idea is to show an operating range with the bar, and then highlight some key operating points within that range with the dots. Jon Peltier has instructions for a Bar-Scatter graph here: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BarLineCombo.html Engineer_SM wrote: > I'm using Excel 2002 and would like to create a horizontal bar chart with > some dots (or other symbols) overlayed on top. The idea is to show an > operating range with the bar, and ...