Last used row

Dear sir,with best regards,i have in my worksheet more than (10000) used
rows,how can i reach the last row which is full of data directly ( by a
code )
Many thanks in advance.

--
tofimoon4

Assuming Column A represents all rows.........go to bottom of sheet
then come up to last filled cell.

Sub select_last()
Dim rng As Range
    Set rng = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)
    msgbox rng.Address
End Sub

Gord

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:43:05 +0000, tofimoon4
<tofimoon4.9bb6f48@excelbanter.com> wrote:

>Dear sir,with best regards,i have in my worksheet more than (10000) used
>rows,how can i reach the last row which is full of data directly ( by a
>code )
>Many thanks in advance.
0
phnorton (279)
3/30/2012 2:47:17 PM
'Gord Dibben[_2_ Wrote:
> ;1600287']Assuming Column A represents all rows.........go to bottom of
> sheet
> then come up to last filled cell.
>
> Sub select_last()
> Dim rng As Range
> Set rng = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)
> msgbox rng.Address
> End Sub
>

> Gord
>
> On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:43:05 +0000, tofimoon4
> <tofimoon4.9bb6f48@excelbanter.com> wrote:
> -
> >
> >Dear sir,with best regards,i have in my worksheet more than (10000)
> used
> >rows,how can i reach the last row which is full of data directly ( by
> >code )
> >Many thanks in advance.-

Dear sir,with my thanks to your solution,i need a code that will guide
me to the last used row directly not point only.
My regards.

--
tofimoon4
rng.Select

Gord

On Sun, 1 Apr 2012 17:17:25 +0000, tofimoon4
<tofimoon4.9be66a8@excelbanter.com> wrote:

>'Gord Dibben[_2_ Wrote:
>> ;1600287']Assuming Column A represents all rows.........go to bottom of
>> sheet
>> then come up to last filled cell.
>>
>> Sub select_last()
>> Dim rng As Range
>> Set rng = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)
>> msgbox rng.Address
>> End Sub
>>

>> Gord
>>
>> On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:43:05 +0000, tofimoon4
>> <tofimoon4.9bb6f48@excelbanter.com> wrote:
>> -
>> >
>> >Dear sir,with best regards,i have in my worksheet more than (10000)
>> used
>> >rows,how can i reach the last row which is full of data directly ( by
>> >code )
>> >Many thanks in advance.-
>
>Dear sir,with my thanks to your solution,i need a code that will guide
>me to the last used row directly not point only.
>My regards.
0
phnorton (279)

Office 2003 Pro
I cant get Word to be my email editor. I think its a result of installing and having problems with McAfee on my system. I have uninstalled Office 2003 and reinstalled it 2 times and I still get the same problem.I have searched support and havent found anything. This is a pretty new machine running Windows XP Pro. I get this error. Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setu...

Splitting First and Last Names
I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both first and last names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do this? Hi use 'Data - Text to<columns' for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jamie wrote: > I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both first and last > names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do this? "Jamie" <pastorjman310@hotmail.com> wrote >I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both >first and last > names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do &g...

Microsoft CRM using Firefox
Hello, Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox. Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has encountered problems...]. I am just having employees use IE to prevent problem. Thank you for your comments in advance. Install a Firefox extension called IETab "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B93E29-757D-46FF-B747-A17EB112ED94@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work cor...

Using iterations to calculate circular references.
I am working with data that requires using circular references in some calculations. I checked the "iterations" box to allow for these calculations to work, and Ecxel seems to be calculating everything correctly. The problem is that after I close the workbook, when I later reopen it to continue working, all the cells that are a part of the circular reference display the #VALUE! error. I can fix this by deleting one cell that is part of the loop and then undoing that command, or by copying the formula from a cell, deleting it, and pasting it back into the same cell. I have to d...

Move/Copy A Row Based on Formulas to a New Worksheet
I want to move several rows of sub-totals (averages within sub-groups) to a summary worksheet, but I get the Ref error. How can I copy sub-group averages to another worksheet? Thank you. high light and copy. select where you want it. edit>paste special>values. this will turn you formulas into hard numbers. you are getting the #Ref error because on the other sheet where you pasted the formulas, the formula no longer had the same references that they had on the other sheet. for example: =sum(a1:a10) in cell a11 you copy and paste on another sheet at cell a1. excell tries to compensat...

Using crm:5555 rather than a custom hostheader
All I would just like to know what's the recommended solution for a CRM (v3) deployment:- use the standard crm:5555 or a custom hostheader e.g. crm.mycompany.net. Will the custom hostheader cause me any problems? Will external users be able to logon remotely using this host header? Many thanks, Nick. ...

Between using Sumproduct
Is there a way to enter a date value that is between 2 dates in sumproduct or another function that will look at the same column and return the sum of a different column? If the value is greater than May 1,2007 but less than August 31, 2007 in column A it will return the sum of the matching rows in column B. I have tried this with either greater than OR less than and it works but, when I try them in the same sumproduct() it fails. Thanks for reading and any information to the right direction. -- Lee Coleman =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A500>=DATE(2007,5,1)),--(A2:A500<=DATE(2007,8,31)),B2...

Creating a template using Publisher

Is anybody using Symantec Enterprise Vault?
Hi, A vendor has recommended this solution to us, I have looked at the datasheet for the product and it speaks the right language but I was wondering if anybody on here uses it in a live environment and what their opinion of it is. Cheers Sean ...

Server being used to send out viruses
Problem: When I select "Clients can only submit if homed on this server" in the CONNECTIONS tab in the IMC, my remote POP3 users cannot send email through the server. The email just sits in their Outbox. These POP3 clients do have mailboxes (email accounts) on the server so this should work. When I set my server to ACCEPT CONNECTIONS FROM ANY HOST, my server becomes a target for others (as known as evil people) to use my email server to send out viruses. Any ideas? Thanks, everyone who contributes to this forum. This is great! David Hi, If you are using Exchange, w...

Using Sumproduct when some of the values are null
I am having a problem using Sumproduct when some of the cells have null values. I will try to describe the problem. Please let me know if you need additional information. Do any of you have any ideas of how I can fix that sumproduct to get it to work? A B C Row Trend Claims 5 Emergency $0 6 Emergency $0 7 Emergency $0 8 Emergency 81.68% $24,444 9 Emergency 35.00% $164,758 10 Emergency 35.00% ...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

Comparing first and last names in two lists

question about using the correct schema namespace
I have a Access/VBA client that exports xml to the local drive, then posts it over http to an aspx page. The aspx page consumes it, then builds itself based on the xml data. This works find only if I first mannually change the root entry's namespace url as shown below. Does anyone know how I can get the two (cleint xml export and aspx xml consume) to work together with the appropriate namespace? Here is the top three lines of my xml export (prior to mannually changing it): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <root xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/200...

How do I tell if Frontpage was used to design a website?
The developers of my website are long gone and I know nothing about what they did. I think it was deisgned in Frontpage, bit am not sure. Once I know that I would like to "convert" it to something that would allow me make changes to the site easily...maybe a visual website designer..is there such a thing? To see if your website is designed in FrontPage a Link to your website will help us. CoffeeCup.com Say:: Visual Site Designer is a WYSIWYG Website creator and editor that helps you make WebPages with no experience or HTML knowledge. Just drag and drop images or ...

Supress col/row increment with copy
Question with (hopefully) an easy answer.... When you copy a cell that uses a formula referring to another cell, for simple illustration say "=C4" it will increment based on where you paste it. So, it will increment up to "=C5" if you paste it in the next cell, or "=D4" if you paste below. How can I suppress that, so that when I paste the new cell receives "=C4" as well. (I know I can simply copy the text and paste that in, but I want to copy a whole row of formulas to be the same. I thought Paste>Special>Formulas would work, but it seems to ...

How can I have more than 64000 rows in one sheet?
I want to import an access database in one excel sheet, it requires 200.000 rows. Any suggestions? "blafblaf" <blafblaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3D0F75D-7F4E-4F76-95F3-72D7F3AE8D7A@microsoft.com... >I want to import an access database in one excel sheet, it requires 200.000 > rows. Any suggestions? Hi BlafBlaf, The current worksheet row limit of 65536 is not expected to be increased in the immediately foreseeable future. To import your database to Excel, it would therefore be necessary to pass 64k tranches to each of four worksheets. This...

using backslash ( \ ) inside Parameter
Hi I am trying to use backslash as a part of a parameter at stored procedure. And I am getting syntax error. For instance, to execute like this.. EXEC spSetupPermissions CORP\ABC, Sale with parameter I have set up like this.. CREATE PROC [dbo].[spSetupPermissions] @USERNAME varchar(50), @DEPARTMENT varchar(12) AS IF @DEPARTMENT = 'Sale' BEGIN EXEC Sale.dbo.sp_addlogin @loginame= @USERNAME EXEC Sale.dbo.sp_addrolemember 'db_owner', @USERNAME END ......etc... I should I go about doing this? I would appreciate if anyone would give...

Adding additional rows for data entry
I have a spreadsheet with five columns that I enter data to. I then have a blank row at the bottom of these columns. Below the blank row I have several formulas pertaining to each row. How do I add more data to the columns and have the formulas adjust for these new rows without highlighting rows and using the insert rows command to make room (empty rows) where I can then add the additional data to the columns. Is there a formula that would always leave one empty row even when new data is entered in the columns? Thanks Put the formulas at the top of the columns. You can even use a Freeze ...

Using backup as import
Can I import a Money 2002 backup file into Money 2007? No but you should be able to restore it. "perple" <perple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0832C8E2-B5EB-4197-954E-03E64F66E32E@microsoft.com... > Can I import a Money 2002 backup file into Money 2007? ...

Stop use of Distribution List
Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution list? Since you have so much detail of how you are setup and if there are specific people or groups you want to restrict from using it, I will answer your question with the same amount of detail....YES. Add more detail and we can give you a better answer. "brendanrtw" <brendanrtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CB3EB2F-F428-46AD-A41E-A1495B8CF4CD@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution > list? On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:00:...

How to send a HTML email using MAPI or CDO
I have found examples of code emailing using MAPI and/or CDO. Apparently, CDO through smtp.yahoo.com doesn't allow to send multiple emails at once. I loose the connection after sending 12 emails. Any ideas on that? Also, if someone can let me know how can I send a html email using mapi (MAPI32.DLL) not oe.dll library. Thank you is advance, V. -- Desktop Solutions for Small Companies http://www.micromango.com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200706/1 you should be using Access Data Projects and server-side email.. xp_sendmail ...

using dates Part 2

Installing Outlook 2003 using Custom Wizard
I am installing Outlook 2003 using the custom installation wizard. This was working fine for some time. Now, someone in my group must have modified the settings because when I install Office using this MST file the local Outlook Contacts are not showing in the GAL. When I go to the properties and try to add it the check box for "Show this folder as an email address book" is greyed out. I have to go in and manually add the Outlook Address book. Can anyone tell me what setting I can change in my Outlook custom install settings for the MST to make this available by default? ...