Inventory/Stock Control

Does anyone know of a free, simple inventory control spreadsheet/template.
All it needs to do is have a list of items (up to 100) with a stock on hand,
transfer in and issue out option. Obviously, the transfer in and issue out
out must update the stock on hand and then self zero.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mike

0
nomail7847 (22)

Microsoft has plenty of templates for documents, worksheets, etc on its web
site.  Several deal with inventory.

"Mike Langensiepen" wrote:

> Does anyone know of a free, simple inventory control spreadsheet/template.
> All it needs to do is have a list of items (up to 100) with a stock on hand,
> transfer in and issue out option. Obviously, the transfer in and issue out
> out must update the stock on hand and then self zero.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

The URL for the MS Template Gallery site is

http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/default.asp

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 08:13:01 -0800, Flick Olmsford
<FlickOlmsford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Microsoft has plenty of templates for documents, worksheets, etc on its web
>site.  Several deal with inventory.
>

>"Mike Langensiepen" wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of a free, simple inventory control spreadsheet/template.
>> All it needs to do is have a list of items (up to 100) with a stock on hand,
>> transfer in and issue out option. Obviously, the transfer in and issue out
>> out must update the stock on hand and then self zero.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Mike

0
Gord
12/10/2007 5:26:53 PM
Thnaks for the suggestion but all the templates seem to do is act as a
simple record of inventory with no stock in/stock out functions.

> The URL for the MS Template Gallery site is
>
> http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/default.asp
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 08:13:01 -0800, Flick Olmsford
> <FlickOlmsford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Microsoft has plenty of templates for documents, worksheets, etc on its
>>web
>>site.  Several deal with inventory.
>>

>>"Mike Langensiepen" wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know of a free, simple inventory control
>>> spreadsheet/template.
>>> All it needs to do is have a list of items (up to 100) with a stock on
>>> hand,
>>> transfer in and issue out option. Obviously, the transfer in and issue
>>> out
>>> out must update the stock on hand and then self zero.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Mike

0
nomail7847 (22)

Show tabs with data in Tab Control
I have a form with a tab control and several tabs. On each tab I am using a subform. Users will not always have data in the subforms of each tab. My question is can I somehow show them which tabs have data, so that they are not forced to click through all tabs to find where their data is? I have tried using the OnChange event of the tab control to check for data and then add an asterisk to the caption of the tab if there is data. But that causes some nasty flicker when switching from tab to tab. I would like to know if anyone has come up with a more elegent way of showing customizing t...

stock entry
I entered a variable annuity bond fund and when putting in the price and number of shares, for example, put in 546 shares at $6.87 and I get a total investment of $452 sometimes when I change the figures I get a minus amount of over $2,000. Other stocks seem to work OK. This is on the trial version. Makes me want to stay with Quicken. In microsoft.public.money, Fredsode wrote: >I entered a variable annuity bond fund and when putting >in the price and number of shares, for example, put in >546 shares at $6.87 and I get a total investment of $452 >sometimes when I change th...

Non-inventory Items / Weight Items
Hello, I'd like to be able to print total number of items on the receipt, but I don't want to include non-inventory items in the count. We use non-inventory items as messages for the customers. Can this be done? If I can add total number of items on the receipt what happens to weighted item counts? Thanks Hi Amy Have you looked at using shift-F9 for transaction comments or ctrl-F10 for line item comments as an option for messages to your customers? It may do away with having to use a non-inventory item for this purpose - hope this helps.... "Amy" wrote: > Hell...

Negative Inventory Allocation amounts
Does anyone know what will cause a negative number in the allocation field? When the detail transaction window is opened, there are no associated records. Thanks, TravellingMan, Allot of reasons could cause such errors; it may be an allocation transaction that allocated the quantities and stuck. On the other hand, allot of solutions exists! You either check-links, reconcile inventory or modify the ATYALLOC field in IV00102 table. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.gr...

ActiveX App-wizard generated control and memory leaks
Hi, I use Visual Studio 2008 version 9.21022.8 RTM I have created a ActiveX control project using App-wizard. (Only what it generated, no programming done !) I have created a CDialog project using App-wizard. (nothing more) I have put this ActiveX control on the dialog an created an instance of this control in the CDialog class. I have not done anything else than that. If i run the ActiveX project and then close the dialog which shows the activex control i get a memory leak dump: Info: AfxDllCanUnloadNow returning S_OK Detected memory leaks! Dumping objects -> f:\dd\vctools...

Changing a Tab Control's properties at runtime
Hi, I have got a form on which is a basic Tab Control, what I would like to do is either change the colour of a tab when selected on add an embeded picture to it, then remove the colour/picture when another tab is selected. Is this possible and if it is how? Many Thanks Graham Stephen Lebans has a way to color the tabs: http://www.lebans.com/tabcolors.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Graham Naylor" <spam@spam2.co> wrote in...

button control form (sneeze)
I have used a duplicate button from a form and expect that the details I want to duplicate if I had a blank form record. It does not seem to work. Any suggestions? In anticipation sneeze, You haven't given us any information about the original form and button code vs. the new form and button code. How can we possibly provide any meaningful response? -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2006-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." "sneeze&...

Graph control with input
Hi, all! Maybe some can help me to find control which shows the graph but with possibility to move points of the graph with mouse e.g, so the graph change the position of the the point and return x,y of point moved. Some links if possible on such products TIA Arkady You might want to look at www.infragistics.com and their NetAdvantage product. They sell a class called UltraWinChart which is extremely dynamic as to what you can do with it. They support both VS2003 and VS2005. "Arkady Frenkel" <arkadyf@hotmailxdotx.com> wrote in message news:u2PjWPQFGHA.2704@TK2MSFTN...

How can I design a Control Chart with Excel?
How can I design a Control Chart, i.e., for an Industrial production statistical control, with its lower and upper limit lines (+ - 3 sigmas)? Thanks very much. Jon Peltier has several examples on his site that should help: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html -- John "Carlos" wrote: > How can I design a Control Chart, i.e., for an Industrial production > statistical control, with its lower and upper limit lines (+ - 3 sigmas)? > Thanks very much. Carlos: Here's a link to another example. ...

Cursor position in a single line CEdit control
I have a situation where I need to examine and possibly modify, programmatically, the text of a CEdit control. If a change is made, usually removing a character that has just been typed as being erroneous, the edit cursor jumps to the beginning of the display. I need to know how to get the position of the character cursor at the time of the entry and how to set it when I've changed the text. There appear to be functions for this with a multi-line CEdit control but nothing is said about a single line control. -- Thanks, Lilith GetSel() and SetSel() work with single line edit controls....

Using an update query to update amount in stock automatically
I have created a database to keep a track of orders. In the stock table I have a field called amount in stock. In order table I have a field called order quantity. I have created an update query to update amount in stock to [amount in stock]-[order quantity]. I wish to create a macro to run the update query on my order form once the sale is confirmed. My problem is that I want to just update the single record on the order form, and not all items of stock from all existing orders. I know I can add a parameter criteria to my update query (i.e. enter order number) so that only stock relating ...

How to reference a control value in a row source query?
How to reference a control value in a row source query? I have two combo boxes on a form the value of cboA I want to use in the row source SELECT of cboB. In the query designer for the row source of cboB I have entered for the WHERE clause: =[Forms]![form_form1]![cboProjectName] I have left the Access default form names The actual SELECT from the SQL View is SELECT ProjectToParticipant.ProjectID, Participant.NameLast, Participant. NameFirst, Participant.NameMiddle FROM Participant INNER JOIN ProjectToParticipant ON Participant.ParticipantID = ProjectToParticipant.Particip...

Point of Sale & SBA Inventory
To what extent does POS integrate with SBA inventory? Can you sell inventory and have it depleted? ...

Tooltip position incorrect for controls added to CToolbar.
I have a toolbar derived from CToolbar control. The tooltip displays BELOW the cursor as expected for buttons on this toolbar. However, this toolbar also has several CSliderbar controls (used for adjusting volumes, and show the progress). The tooltip for the CSliderbar controls always displays right below the control, centered, regardless where the mouse cursor is. As a result, the cursor will often block the tooltip. I've tried using TTN_SHOW to get notifications when the tooltip is about to appear, then call SetWindowPos. The only thing it was successful at was changing the dimension of...

Detecting RSS feeds with WebBrowser control.
I was experimenting with the WebBrowser control for detecting when a page has RSS links. Kind of a pain to do that by hand. IE has built-in functionality for that (Alt-J or the Feed Detector icon). Does anyone know if there are relevant higher level functions accessible from the WebBrowser control? "feed discovery" is not present in any class in the framework I am aware of. "rob" <rob@_no_spam_.com> wrote in message news:9r0qr5haabkg3fg5jkni711s9s984kqisq@4ax.com... >I was experimenting with the WebBrowser control for detecting when a > page ha...

How to Update stock quotes??
I stupidly set up a stock investment (with dividend reinvestment) as a "cash account"many years ago, and have been updating it as I get statements. I can't figure out how to change it to an "investment account", so that it will update as the price changes daily. I have another account that I set up right, and it works great. Anyone help?? Thanx. So how did you do "Buys" and "Sells" and so forth along the way? Assuming that you just have this cash account balancing to the value of the investment, the shortest solution is to create an Investm...

Inventory Cost Variance
Will GP only create this entry for you if you have POP? If not, how do you set it so it will automatically create this entry? Thanks for any help. Tracey D Tracey, if you're referring to Purchase Price Variance, you need POP to calculate that. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Tracey, In addition to Frank's explanation, you may want to read KB article 869470. I would encourage you to visit my web site, click on the Solutions tab and select Accolade Publications. You will benefit from the Understanding SOP, Understanding POP and In...

Controlling two SUBFORMS on one form
I have this form with 2 subforms on it. The 2 subforms a pretty much the same except the records in one is actual dates and the other contains forecast dates. I want to be able to control both subform from one subform. For instance, when I scroll down in the top subform I want the bottom one to scroll the same records; just like in excel's side-by-side comparison. Is there a way todo this in access? Thanks for the help. In the first subforms Current event something like (untested): Private Sub Form_Current() Me.Parent.SecondSubformName.Form.txtID = Me.ID End Sub Where txtID i...

code for subforms control
I have a main form ( Main serve data_frm) and there is a textbox called 'Serve code' and 'Serve limit',both of them contains numeric data. And I have a subform Serve usage_frm and there are textboxes 'Extra serve' and 'Used serve'.I want to ask how to write the code ( and in what even ) if the value of 'Serve Code <= 1 then Extra serve is visible'. And also when user enter a value for field 'Used serve' that bigger than the 'Serve limit' value then 'Used serve' background =255 ( Red ). I tried to write the code directly but (...

How to use the control MSChart?
1. I write a program using vc and control mschart,but I want to not to divisive equally,for example the y-axis is from -5 to 205 and I want to display the scale at 135,could you tell me how to do? 2. I want to display the chart that it can have different color,if the data is less than 135 it display blue,if the data is larger than 135, it display different color:it display blue from -5 to 135 and it display red from 136 to end,could you tell me how to solve it? Thank you. ...

Cannot Control
I ran some macros that have a dependency on Event triggers..and it's run into an infinite loop or an infinite wait ! .... Control - Break is not working. I however need to recover the code in the Macros, So is there some place where the Scripts get saved by default.... in the ProgramFiles/ Appa data or something? I'm in deep trouble, Please help ! -Megha Close your workbook (if it's open) Turn your security to high open your workbook Macros will be disabled Extract what you want close the workbook. turn your security settings back to what you want vmegha wrote: > > I...

Volume control button on task bar
I am using Windows XP if it matters. On the right-hand bottom corner in the task bar, there is a volume control button. Click once and the volume control button appears. The volume increases as the slider bar is raised. When the bar is left-clicked a sound is heard to indicate the volume. The higher the bar is raised the louder the noise when the bar is clicked. Something happened to my bar so that now the only sound I hear when I click is the "mute" sound. It doesn't matter it I have "mute" checked or not. How do I fix that? FYI This chang...

Inventory Update
I have just completed a complete count of my inventory using a scanner on version 1.2 of RMS. The physical inventory report shows what I counted and what the expected qty was - no problems. However review of my system shows that there are a large number of inventory items showing a negative count ( ie -1 ) and there are items showing showing a quantity in stock ( ie 2 ) when I did not count stock for that item after I have completed my inventory. I thought a complete inventory count would zero all items that I had not actually counted as having stock. Any thoughts on what I have don...

Premier Money 2006 stock split feature problem
I was unable to find evidence that the stock split feature added a new quantity of stock to what I had originally. When I entered the stock split info the message came back that it had worked appropriately yet the stock amount was not updated. Nor could I find anyplace where the info was stored. Is this a bug in the product or could I be missing something? Where can I check on this data about splits? In microsoft.public.money, Natasha wrote: >I was unable to find evidence that the stock split feature added a new >quantity of stock to what I had originally. When I entered t...

How to use different imagelist in header control and CListView?
Hi I recently encountered this problem. I have set one imagelist to the header control and another imagelist to the CListView. Later I found that the imagelist of the header control is changed to the one I set for the CListView. After some debugging, I realized that whenever I set imagelist to CListView, the Header control imagelist will be set to the same as its parent (CListView). I am able to prevent the setting of imagelist to the header control for CListCtrl. But for the CListView, I do not know how. Does anyone has the solution for this issue? Appreciate your help. Thanks. Tham...