Inserting word 'merge field' into Excel

I have data in Word merge fields that I need to put in an Excel table. Each Word file is exactly the same and there are a few hundred files. If I can't do this direct to a spreadsheet, can I do it through Access?
0
anonymous (74722)

Counting number of words in a sentence and highlighting or commenting
Hi, I found some old code, from Helmut of Bavaria I believe, that is supposed to find long sentences in a document: Sub test002() Dim rDcm As Range ' the documents main story range Dim oWrd As Object ' a word Dim oSnt As Object ' a sentence Dim oPrg As Paragraph ' a paragraph Dim lWrd As Long ' a counter for words Dim lSnt As Long ' a counter for sentences Dim lPrg As Long ' a counter for paragraphs Set rDcm = ActiveDocument.Range For Each oPrg In rDcm.Paragraphs lPrg = lPrg + 1 lSnt = 0 For Each oSnt I...

how do i import into outlook from excel
have a file which has the names, address etc on each row. For example row 1, name, row 2 address, row 3 city and state, row 4, phone. Can this somehow be imported into outlook contacts? It is a large file and would take quite a lot of work to drag each record from its row, into a column format. But i do want to get it into the OUtlook contact list, for sales calls. Thanks Have you tried File-->Import from Outlook's menus? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "RF" <RF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAC9A4FB-C21F-4512-93EF-3...

Excel 2010 to be able to embed like Google Apps?
I am using Google Apps, but with Office making a move to web apps I want to start using it when its released. With Google apps, I am able to use your spreadsheet app, then publish it as an public HTML file. When I want to update that HMTL file, I open the related spreadsheet and update it. I click save and the public HTML file is updated within a few min. Will Excel 2010 do that? I assume something like that will be ready on SharePoint 2010, but how about Skydrive? ...

Calendar control in Word 2003
I'm making a form which uses the calendar control 11.0 in Word 2003. I've managed to do so using: www. fontstuff.com/word/wordtut03a.htm This works fine on my form. However, the form is to be used at work, on a network (some staff use Citrix, some use PC's). I had to install the calendar control on my PC as described in the link. Only when I am logged on is the calendar useable- I'm assuming other users may have to have it installed, but the trouble is that we are a small department withing a large sector, so, is there any way around this as I doubt my chances at getting the c...

Excel 2000 crashes Win98 when I save. All reloads failed.
I'm running Office 2000 and Windows 98. Excel crashes badly when I save. Two Ctrl-Alt-Deletes get me as far as "exit excel" but that doesn't work. I always have to reboot. I have reloaded Windows 98 twice. I have removed Office 2000 completely and then reloaded it, again twice. I don't have antivirus software on this machine. Other machines with antivirus aren't detecting any virus activity on my zip disk files. I at least have a router and I don't use MS Outlook, which cuts down on viral attacks. Yahoo mail screens incoming email files. Is there s...

Exporting to Excel files
I am currently working on an Access97 database application, and when I export a table to an Excel spreadsheet, I find that my dates turn out as other than I would expect or want. For instance, "00/01/01" will sometimes be displayed "00/01/01", sometimes as "01-Jan-00" or something similar. What I need is a way to force ALL dates to be exported to spreadsheet format in the format "YYYY/MM/DD". Is there a way to do this, efficiently? Or perhaps I will have to recreate my table with the date fields as text and put the dates in there as I expect them? (a r...

Excel Shortcuts
Hi, Is there any place I could go to find all the short cuts on Excel. Thanks! You will find them in the HELP menus if you search for SHORTCUTS. Either that or you will see the short cut for individual actions in the drop down menus. -- Brod "Peterite" <benfernando@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:OGlO8zd0EHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there any place I could go to find all the short cuts on Excel. > > Thanks! > > Hi http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Peterit...

Export PDF information into Microsoft Excel
What do you do with your data that's stuck in your PDF forms? FDF Decoder from Spotted Dingo Inc., gives you the ability to quickly turn your useless PDF information into a data mine of valuable information. FDF Decoder is a desktop application which creates csv files from your pdf interactive forms (acroforms) in individual or batch file mode. You then can easily import your information into Microsoft Excel to create intelligent spread sheets which can then be entered into databases and aid you in your statistical analysis. FDF Decoder works with the PDF's exported Form Data (FDF...

plz help in to creat formula of excel
hello to all i want to discuss my problem with you related to MS excel. i want to know or find out formula of excel which can help me in such way.... i want to make grade point of my college students in such a way.. for example.... marks grade point average 50 1 53 1.3 60 2 68 2.8 70 3 76 3.6 80 4 84 4 89 4 90 4 98 4 100 4 this is example the student who get 50 marks the GPA will be 1 and who get 80 marks or above 80 the GPA should be 4 GPA should not less than 1 or grator than 4 please tell me the formula so that i can make this GPA thanks a lo -- khushe --------------------------...

number of lines on a word document
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I want to produce a long, double-spaced document with the same number of lines on each page, not one that flips to a new page if the end paragraph is too large to fit. Can anyone help? Maintaining a constant number of lines per page is dependent on at least 2 factors: 1- Using the same font & font size throughout, & 2- Turning off Widow/Orphan control in Format> Paragraph - Line & Page Breaks. Due to the proportional spacing considerations of modern word processing -- which is more closely akin to typesetting than typewr...

How do I work in excel and then save it as a doc or docx?
I need to be able to work in excell and then save it in doc or docx format. If I cannot do this, can I make doc or docx so that I can use the automatic sum? In Word, you can use AutoSum of the Tables and Borders toolbar to sum the values in table. But when you change the values, you need to right-click the total value to refresh it. It can not update auto. Lee Li Fong http://smartusemicrosoftoffice.blogspot.com/ Hi Nadine, You can open a Word document and Insert -> Object -> Microsoft Excel Worksheet Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com ...

pvt table field settings!
hi! i am receiving data every day from 10 different places as under.! for example: DATE 11.01.2009 PLACE "A" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 10 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 DATE 11.01.2009 PLACE "B" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 50 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1500 DATE 11.02.2009 PLACE "A" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 15 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 DATE 11.03.2009 PLACE "C" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 10 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 -likewise i'm receiving daily data from all the 10 places..! what i want is a pivot table report on a...

merge accounts in 2006
Hi... I am using Money Small Business 2006... does anyone know why I am unable to merge duplicate accounts? I had problems downloading statements so had to create new accounts.. ie: checking, checking #1, checking #2.. How can I merge all of these back into one account? When I try to merge duplicate accounts, it says there are no accounts to merge. Any ideas on how I can condense all of my data? The only way I can figure it out so far is to go to each individual transaction in the duplicate accounts, right click and choose copy to account. This will take forever that way. Is there a way t...

Can I embed or link multiple .pdf files into or to an excel file?
I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked files print along with it. use hyper link "GrubbyG" wrote: > I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I > would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link > those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked > files print along with it. ...

How do i secure my excel with a password?
I need to secure my excel with a password. How do i do that? Password for the worksheet: Tools|Protection|protect sheet Password to protect the windows structure/windows: Tools|protection|protect workbook Password to protect it from being opened: File|saveas|tools|General options|Password to Open (Password to modify will allow the user to open it, but not save their changes over your original file) Password to protect the project: Inside the VBE, Tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection tab But security isn't much for any of these. There is software that y...

Excel 2000 and collate option
Can someone tell me how to make collate off by default in all my documents? Every document I do has that box checked and I need that unchecked without having to do it manually each time. thanks Anyone? >-----Original Message----- >Can someone tell me how to make collate off by default in >all my documents? Every document I do has that box >checked and I need that unchecked without having to do it >manually each time. > >thanks >. > ...

insert row at each change of surname in excel
I have a list of 650 entries using 40 surnames - sometimes only appearing once, others 7 times. At every change in surname, I would need to insert a row. Thanks -- De something like this sub insertrows() for i=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row to 2 step -1 if cells(i-1,"a")<>cells(i,"a") then rows(i).insert next i end sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A3842A9-B2E7-4BCA-97B5-2D05917A2454@microsoft.com... >I have a list of 6...

problems switching speadsheets in excel 2000 using windows xp
I have a pc running XP Pro and Excel 2000 (office). The user has two or three speadsheet open at once. They are having problem using the alt tab to switch between sheets. If the use the windows they see them open and can click to change but would like to use alt tab ...

how do i insert a comment in an endnote?
Been trying to do this for ages for an assignment I have. I can not work out why I don't have the option of inserting a comment in my endnote? On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 20:59:01 -0800, kympossible <kympossible@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Been trying to do this for ages for an assignment I have. I can not = work out=20 > why I don't have the option of inserting a comment in my endnote? Comments are not allowed in endnotes or footnotes. Neither are breaks, page numbers, diagrams, or text boxes. I'm guessing here but it probably has to do with the way that ...

excel worksheet #4
can you set all math funtions on a worksheet to round up without doing each one individually? Hi you may try 'Tools - Options - Calculate' And check 'Precision as displayed'. Now formating to two decimals for example will also make the value to round to only two decimals. Note: After applying this no way to restore the old values -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ollieboy" <ollieboy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2A65297E-6F74-4BF5-9AAF-295B6E26E00E@microsoft.com... > can you set all math funtions on a worksheet to rou...

Word document attachment can not be read
We are using Office XP SP3 and Exchange 2000 with SP3. Some of our users will send Word documents as attachments in an email from Outlook that when you open the attachment, word goes into file conversion because it can't read the document. Typically, they send it again and it opens fine. Sometimes it has taken two or three tries. It is random and inconsistent. I have not been able to duplicate it. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks. ...

Excel / VBA / SQL DB
Anybody done any work with Excel / VBA / SQL DB? Can you give me some pointers on how I could do the following all in one VBA routine: 1) From a cell variable value (ie, user enters a customer code), I query table A and put the data into a worksheet starting from say cell A1. 2) A blank row is created after the last data line in point 1 above. 3) Using the same cell variable, query table B and put the data into the worksheet starting from the row after the blank row in point 2 above. and so on. Like I've said before I work with ASP all day and know about ADO connections, commands and...

Excel start up
How do you create a macro that will perform certain function in an excel spreadsheet that will go to cell b2 wait for me to type data go to cell b4 wait till I type data then proceed to cell e4 wait till data is input, then e5, and over and over for cells that i would choose. I am familair with macros, but don't know how to get it to stay until I type data in those cells. Also want this to perform for every worksheet that I open with this xls file. Thanks Jeff, How about creating a userform to input the data? Use text boxes on the form for data input. Put a command button on the...

Excel 2003 Copy/Paste filtered column
I have a filtered column on my spreadsheet. I have copied the column, changed the figures and then tried to paste it back on to the filtered column. It is not copying over the original filtered column but rather over cells that have been filtered out. The worksheet/cells are not protected. What could the problem be? Kind Regards Heather That's the way pasting works. It'll hit the visible and hidden cells. Heather wrote: > > I have a filtered column on my spreadsheet. I have copied the column, > changed the figures and then tried to paste it back on to the filter...