inserting object

i try to insert pdf file to my excel file
in Insert>Object>Create from file>Browse the pdf file

there an message appear when opening the inserted file-"Cannot start the
source application for this object"

What does it means?

Do you have Adobe Reader install on your machine. If not that is wha
the message is taking about. The insert object needs the applicatio
that created or that can read the file you are attempting to insert.

HT

--
Case

Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=454
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57065

i have a adobe reader installed. this error always pop up when i opened the
inserted pdf.
i can open the pdf but the error always pop up.
"Casey" <Casey.2ce8hu_1155329724.6425@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Casey.2ce8hu_1155329724.6425@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Do you have Adobe Reader install on your machine. If not that is what
> the message is taking about. The insert object needs the application
> that created or that can read the file you are attempting to insert.
>
> HTH
>

> --
> Casey

> Casey's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4545
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=570650

This is not an Excel problem, but I will give you two suggestions.
In My Computer or Windows Explorer
GO>TO>TOOLS>FILE TYPES and scroll down in the Registered file types for
PDF extention and make sure the Adobe Acrobat is listed beside it. If
not highlight PDF and hit the CHANGE button and choose Adobe Acrobat
from the program list, this may solve your problem.
If that doesn't fix the problem or the correct file association was
already there. I would uninstall and reinstall adobe acrobat. Just in
case it is a registry problem.
Other than that I am at the limit of my knowledge.
HTH

--
Casey

Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4545
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=570650

Creating RMS POS Com Object
Hi! I need to create several addins, and I can't get past square one. I'm used to writing vb for access, and not dll's. I opened a new active x .dll in vb6, copied & pasted the process code from the customization guide, save it as a dll, registered the dll, and created a com-session button, but all I get is 'Attempt to execute COM object D:\yada-yada\RMS3.dll failed. Cound not create object.' Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? Jerry jerry@jrdata.us It sounds like you have entered the wrong identifier in your Custom POS Button. You should have entered s...

NTBackup can't see Exchange object
I just installed a new (fresh install of OS as well) Exchange server (single node cluster) to my organization. I'm able to move mailboxes, send/receive messages from this new server. However, the problem is that NTBackup doesn't show the IS object to back up this server. I've tried BackupExec and I have the same issue (yes, I do have the BE Exchange agent). Any suggestions or ideas as to why this is happening? Running NTBackup from Exchange server or remotely from another computer? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog --...

Creating a table with all the "object dependancies"
Hello All here is some code that i found then modified. i consider it to be a poor mans object dependancies tool with out turning on the crap that came with 2003. Public Sub queryDocumentation() Dim db As Database Dim qdf As QueryDef Set db = CurrentDb Dim tbl As TableDef For Each tbl In db.TableDefs ' DoCmd.RunSQL ("INSERT INTO mytblTablesInQueries (TableName) SELECT '" & tbl.Name & "'") For Each qdf In db.QueryDefs '.QueryDefs If InStr(qdf.SQL, "" & tbl.Name &...

How to insert page with different page numbering
I am using Word 2003 and trying to insert a page "a" (i.e. insert page 407a after page 407). I have added the new page as a separate section and managed to changed the page number to 407 (so there are now two 407 pages). But, when I add an "a" to the page number it adds an "a" to all the page numbers in the whole document. I cannot figure out a way to prevent this. I could possibly do this in 2007 and save as 2003 format it I need to. Any ideas? What am I missing? Hi Lisa, In addition to the section break that you made between page 407 and 407a, ...

8000 byte row limit blown while adding fields to Microsoft CRM Account object.
Hi all My customer has requested a great deal of customisation on their CRM implementation, particularly the Account object. As such, around 40 new fields have been added to the account object via the Deployment Manager. Unfortunately, we are at the point now where additional fields cannot be added, due to us reaching the 8000 byte row limit of SQL Server! The message in the event log is as follows: 'dmLog: New size of the attribute ({B806C9CD-554F-4BA6-80C2-0906640276BE}) exceeds the SQL Server row limit of 8000 bytes.' This really leaves us in a bit of a pickle, because: a) We n...

Protected worksheet
Hi, Let me clarify. Any way to setup a worksheet so it is protected from data or column/row deletions, but the user would be able to insert columns/rows while the worksheet was "still" protected? Thanks!! Hi not possible without this kind of macro. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4B4351D8-0335-43F9-A2D8-3D3F7939AE71@microsoft.com... > Hi, Let me clarify. Any way to setup a worksheet so it is protected from > data or column/row deletions, but the user would be able to insert >...

Can't Insert > Picture / WordArt...
Office XP. Excel 2002 (10.2614.2625): the Insert: >> (Picture/WordArt/From File) etc feature isn't functioning, all options are greyed out. When loading, the options in the toolbar appear functional (colors), but grey out once worksheet is loaded. Any ideas? Thanks Harry Is the worksheet protected? In article <hOA0c.6655$Zp.3586@fed1read07>, "Harry Marnell" <marnell@cox.net> wrote: > Office XP. Excel 2002 (10.2614.2625): the Insert: >> (Picture/WordArt/From > File) etc feature isn't functioning, all options are greyed out. When > ...

Object Missing from Ribbon
Appreciate help on the above. I have a pivot chart when opened as accdb and the object group (Show/Hide) is visible (Using custom ribbon with XML). The problem is when the file is run as a runtime (accdr). The object is not there. Is there a way to make it visible. Alternatively is there a way using code to call it especially needed is the Chart Field List. Thanks in advance for all help Thanks ...

insert excel spreadsheet
Hello I have a Word document into which I want to insert an Excel spreadsheet. I want to be able to update the spreadsheet and have the word document update at the same time. I also want to be able to print the word document with the excel data shown as a table. I think this is possible, but I cannot find the route. I have excel 2007 and word 2007 Thanks KK Copy your Excel data Paste into Word using the Paste Special/Paste Link option On Mar 22, 9:46=A0am, "KRK" <tre...@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > Hello > > I have a Word do...

All icons on my insert and data tab is greyed out
I was attempting to create a pie chart and clicked the pie chart icon. However, did not want it embedded in the same Work sheet, so I clicked on the new work sheet tab. It did not work and somehow I must have triggered something else and all icons on both my insert tab and data tab is greyed out. Hi, It sounds like you were in 2007? In that case create the chart in the spreadsheet and then right-click the border of the chart and choose Move chart. choose the New Sheet option... Regarding the grayed out items - you are in Group mode because more than one tab is selected. Right-click...

Active X Component Can't Create Object
every time I try to open RMS (any app) I get this message! HUH? What's happening? All other programs on my computer are working fine. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_07BF_01C71CD3.FFFBAEB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Mickie, You need to re-register some .dll's Probably un-installed something = that un-registered them. Follow these instructions; http://tinyurl.com/yaxnc2 Try the last 2 lines first as they are the most common. Must have access to CustomerSource --=20 Jeff=...

Insert Disc 5?
Hi. I've never used publisher on my home pc before (didn't really know it was here!) Anyway, anytime I try to open a template (for example, I'm trying to make table tents) I keep getting an error message "PLEASE INSERT THE CD TITLED: HOME PUBLISHER 2000: DESIGNS & ART, DISC 5" I don't have any home publisher discs - it came with my computer. I've tried reinstalling Microsoft Office 2000 Pro, but it didn't solve my problem. Suggestions? Do you have Microsoft Works Suite 2000? Or... Microsoft Home Publishing Suite 2000? That's where you will...

Insert row with button
Is it possible to have a main workbook with information from other workbooks at each worksheet? I have 20 workbooks with information. I would like to haven a main workbook with on sheet1 every row from the 20workbooks with category1, on sheet2 every row from the 20workbooks with category2, etc, etc. The information in the 20workbooks in always only on sheet. The Colum in which the data is has no fix end. I go to fill in the rows trough a user-form and comes always under the last row. The mainsheet has to update every time it opens (and if possible a button on the sheet to update man...

Shortcut for inserting names?
Hi, I am building many formulas, each with many named cells as part of it. Currently I have to go to Insert | Name | Paste with the mouse each time I want to insert a name. I looked in Walkenbach's Excel Bible but couldn't find any mention of a keyboard shortcut or other shortcut. Is there one I could take advantage of? I've got Excel 2002. Thanks, Jamie ...

Size Picture after Insert
I am using the following macro to allow the user to insert a pictur into any a cell. Sub Insert_Pic() ' ' Insert_Pic Macro ' Macro recorded 10/12/2004 by INSTALL ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+i ' Application.Dialogs(xlDialogInsertPicture).Show End Sub How do I automatically size the picture. I have tried selection.shaperange.height = But nothing happens, and I do not get an error -- sspittel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sspittell's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=706 View this...

I need to change my keyboard to insert the degree sign not ^.
I type medical documents and need to type the degree sign very often. Using the symbol area and then picking my choice is slowing down my work. I had changed this in my previous Word programs, but I can't figure out how to do it with 7. HELP. The built-in keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+@, Spacebar (that is, on U.S. keyboards, Ctrl+Shift+2, Spacebar). If that's a stretch for you (as it is for me), you may want to assign an easier shortcut; in the Symbol dialog, click on the Shortcut Key... button, type your desired shortcut, and click Assign. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill M...

INSERT a Table (32 items) into another Table
Hi, I have a form with a subform. The subform is linked parent to child. The subform has a field that has a combo box. From the combo there are two choices. On the after update if the selcetion is equal too "INSERT ALL ITEMS - 32 LINES" the idea is to take the contents of a separate table line by line and insert into the subform / subtable. I Have the following code If Me!cboProject_Notes.Column(0) = "INSERT ALL CHOICES - 32 LINES" Then 'do the input from the table tblProjectNotes_Default Set db = CurrentDb Set rst = db.OpenRecordset(&q...

Insert Date sheet was modified
Is it possible to insert the date a sheet was last modified into a sheet cell? Thanks. Spot on. "Otto Moehrbach" <ottomnospam@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:eF7$V8yYDHA.652@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Alex > This short macro will put the date the sheet was last modified into cell > A1. Right-click on the sheet tab, select View Code, and paste this macro > into that module. HTH Otto > Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) > [A1] = Date > End Sub > "Alex Burman" <burmanalex@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

Insert spaces between pasted values
Hi! Is there a way to insert spaces between values that are pasted? For example, i have in rows 1,2,3 values a,b,c and i want to paste them into another list in rows 1,3,5 respectively (with a single-row space between pasted values). Thanx! M ...

Using c# object in Excel VBA
Hi All I have writen an COM Object in C# to use it in Excel. This Object has a Function that delivers a List of Users from a Database. My problem is now that I get the List of Users but it is not posible to get one of the Properties of the User. But when I create a new Object with Set user = CreateObject("GuptaIntferface.UserVOCom") I can see all Properties of this object. My Question is now how can I tell VBA now that the objects in the List are the UserVOCOM Objects? thx for help Michael I'm kind of stabbing the dark on this one as I've never worked with a C...

how do i insert words into a column without erasing the words
i have excel 95-96 on the computer i use, but ever time i want to add something it delets the whole row. how can i aviod this from happening. but i am looking for the row at the top of the page where you can click on the row and insert a word, numbers or whatever you need to where do i find that on the program? ...