insert worksheet

How do you insert a worksheet after the last worksheet?
0
Katie (75)

I just insert the sheet normally, by right-click > Insert > Sheet and this
puts it one sheet to the left of my last sheet so then I just left-click on
it and drag it over into the proper place at the right end..........if you
are copying an entire sheet, then there is an option in the process allowing
you to select where to put it......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Katie" <Katie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you insert a worksheet after the last worksheet?

0
croberts (1377)
3/24/2005 10:12:32 PM
Hi Katie,
If instead of inserting and dragging the tab,   you want a
macro solution to simply add a sheet at
the end of the other sheet tabs you could use the following:

Sub add_sheet_at_end()
   Sheets.Add After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
End Sub

Additional snippets of code in
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm

If not familiar with macros see
---
HTH,

"CLR" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23wAYX4LMFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> I just insert the sheet normally, by right-click > Insert > Sheet and this
> puts it one sheet to the left of my last sheet so then I just left-click on
> it and drag it over into the proper place at the right end..........if you
> are copying an entire sheet, then there is an option in the process allowing
> you to select where to put it......
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3
>

> "Katie" <Katie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do you insert a worksheet after the last worksheet?

0
dmcritchie (2586)

Link Access table to Excel worksheet
I want to link these so that they can be edited in either programme. Whichever way, the link box is greyed out. You can make a linked table in Access. It's File - Get External Data - Link. The data lives in the Excel workbook, I think (I don't think Access keeps a copy of it). But you can change data in either Excel or Access. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "dalesrunner" <dalesrunner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A165D6C6-D173-45F7-94D5-352E3AA5121E@microsoft.com... ...

Printing Page Numbers for Multiple Worksheets
I am trying to print an entire workbook and would like the page numbe to be specific to each worksheet set. For example, my workbook contains 7 sheets, each of which has a uniqu header that contains the command for Page X of X Pages. Each shee contains multiple pages. If I print the entire workbook, I can get the printout for each shee to begin with a 1 by manually setting the First Page setting to "1" i Page Setup. No problem there. However, my question is...Can I control the command for "X Pages"? Fo example, when I print the entire workbook, I'd like the first ...

Can't move worksheet to new workbook
I have a client who has always imported comma delimited files into Excel and then copied that worksheet into a master .xls workbook using the Move function. With Excel 2007 this is no longer working. It gives an error stating that the destination does not have enough rows and columns. However this move function works if moving a worksheet that started off as an .xls file - not .txt. Could someone please offer some assistance? Thank you. Hi David Could you provide a few more details. You talk about comma delimited files at the beginning, then .txt files at the end. Are these files...

HELP!! Charts won't copy across to another worksheet
Help Please. I have a sheet which has all my descriptive stats on it and graphs drawn from this data. There are 100 charts on the sheet. I am trying to copy the whole sheet WITH the CHARTS. Then I shall only have to change some of the formulas to perform other comparisons. My problem is whichever means I sue to copy the sheet the data cells copy. The gaps are there where the charts should be. NO CHARTS. Any advice grateful received. Have you tried making a second copy of the sheet by holding down CTRL and dragging the sheet tab to the right? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx...

how do I insert a filename into a formula from another cell?
I have a spreadsheet with a filename in a cell. I would like to reference that filename in a formula. I can't seem to get it to work. "+cell number" doesn't work. Any suggestions? You would normally use INDIRECT to do this, along the lines of: =INDIRECT("["&A1&"]Sheet1!C2") where A1 contains your filename (with the .xls extension) and you are trying to return data from C2 on Sheet1 of that file. However, INDIRECT will only work with files that are open, so you would have to have the file open for this to work. Hope this helps. Pete On...

insert password using vb #2
Thank You Celtic Avenger I'll try that. Abbevill -- abbevill ----------------------------------------------------------------------- abbeville's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=976 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26122 ...

Inserted Word Art will not appear
When inserting Word Art into my publication, the text does not appear and I cannot change the fill color or line color. The control points do appear, but not the actual text. There is nothing else currently on the page. Which version of Publisher are you using??? Are you using a standard True Type font? Do you mean when you create a WordArt object? Look under View, pictures, check detailed display. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Flo" <Flo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABB082...

help wanted in updating worksheet automatically
Could you please help us with an excel query. We have an excel file with fields in a random order. The values in these fields have to be picked up and arranged one below the other in a separate area. The values to be picked up always have a fixed cell address. Awaiting reply Elle How about just selecting the range, copy it, paste it to its new location. Then select that new range and do Data|Sort? Madhu wrote: > > Could you please help us with an excel query. > > We have an excel file with fields in a random order. > > The values in these fields have to be pic...

How do I open old Excel Worksheets when XP SP2 installed?
After installing XP SP2 (Service Pack 2), I can no longer open previously created Excel Worksheets. Newly created Excel Worksheets work fine. The error message for the olf Worksheets indicates that they are not Excel format. Should I go back to my "pre SP2" XP???? Mike I'm not going to be much help but want to get one thing straight. When you say XP SP2 do you mean Windows XP or Office XP(2002)? There is an SP3 for Office XP(2002) which you should download if you haven't done so. On Office download site. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx?disp...

Worksheets in a workbook?
Hi all New around here and wondered if someone could tell me please how many worksheets I can get into an Excel 97 workbook. I could do with storing a lot of files and didn't want to link outside the workbook if I can help it - had too many bad experiences with data movement and corruption when linked to external sheets. Any help greatly appreciated Thanks Bob ..-.-. Worksheets by themselves, pretty much limited by memory only so if empty you can pretty much keep going. If you put stuff in them though, then that varies depending on what type of data you have in there and what sort of ...

printing worksheet on 3x5 card
I would like to know if it is possible to print a worksheet the size of a 3x5 card, so I can use it with my flashcards for school? Printerchallenged, if you printer supports this size paper then, file page setup, set paper size to 3x5, excel gets the paper size from your printer settings -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "printerchallenged" <printerchallenged@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

inserting equations in Word document from MathType not working anymore
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've just starting using Snow Leopard after worked with Tiger previously. I'm noticing some odd behavior that's different than before. <br><br>I have the MathType 6 Insert Eqn button installed in Office 2008 for Mac. When I click on that, MathType opens. So far, so good. I type in my equation, but, when I'm finished editing or creating my equation, I'm used to clicking on the red button to close the MathType window and return to my Word document. When I do that now, my Word d...

Limiting size of worksheet
I want to set up a worksheet and limit to 25 columns and 200 rows. I seem to can't find it. Any suggestions are appreciated. Jo -- JB ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JBL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26668 Joe You cannot do away with the unused cells. A worksheet has 256 columns and 65536 rows. You can hide the rows and columns you don't want to see. Select them and Format>Hide. Alternative.........You may want to...

Using Access Excel Automation, can I delete or rename a worksheet
Hi I am using automation to produce an excel workbook from an access database. Everything is working fine, except that my workbooks always have 3 additional worksheets - sheet 1, sheet 2 and sheet 3. Can I delete these, or rename them? Stapes On 13 Sep, 11:04, Stapes <steve.sta...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > I am using automation to produce an excel workbook from an access > database. Everything is working fine, except that my workbooks always > have 3 additional worksheets - sheet 1, sheet 2 and sheet 3. Can I > delete these, or rename them? > > Stapes Found ...

Printing large worksheet onto HP Designjet 800 plotter
Trying to print excel spreadsheets with a very large number of columns (up to 400) onto an HP Designjet 800 Plotter using landscape layout. When using the "Fit to Page" or enlarging it over 180%, the columns on the end get cut off. We are using a customized paper size of 24" x 60" or 24" x 90". It cuts the worksheet off at the 60" length even if it is set to print to 90". We have tried updating drivers, increasing maximum font size to 1000 in the plotter properties. We were able to print the full spreadsheet by changing the fonts, but that ...

Comparing data in two similar worksheets
I have to compare data in two reports to find the differences. The report has approx 15 columns and 2500 rows, and I need to extract each entry that has changed since the previous report. Each entry has an ID#, that may or may not have been in both reports, or is in both reports but has differing data in some of the columns. I am relatively new to using excel, so any help at all is appreciated. ...

Opening worksheets takes ages
WinXP pro & OfficeXP pro Without any changes to both system and hardware Excel needs ages to open files. I can see 'requesting virus scan' in the status bar and from then loading even the smallest worksheets take around 20 seconds. Anyone on reason and workaround? Tnx Edwin Maybe you should take a look at your anti virus program instead.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Edwin Niemoller" <laagveen@planet.nl> wrote in message news:btmt4n$5ts$1@reader10.wxs.nl... > WinXP pro & OfficeXP pro > > Without any changes to both system and hardware Excel n...

VLOOKUP formula searching multiple worksheets ??
Does anyone know how to search for info from multiple Excel worksheets using the VLOOOKUP formula or any other formula. I have my VLOOKUP formula(column B) and list of values(column A) (sorted in ascending order) on Worksheet 7 and I need to search for these values in Worksheets 1,2,3,4,5& 6 Column F. Is this possible with Excel ? I've tried this by using the formula VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk1:Wrk6!$F:$G,1,FALSE) but I get a #VALUE! error. You will need a construct along these lines: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk1!$F:$G,2,0)), IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk2!$F:$G,2,0)), IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk3!$F:$G,2...

Cannot insert logo
When I design an invoice, I can put a logo in. When I save it, then reopen it, it still has the logo. When I go into money and print preview and invoice, the logo will not show up. Go back to the design, and the logo is there. Any color or font changes, or moving fields around are correct, just not the logo. ...

listview insert question
I am really having a time determining what is wrong with the inserting from a dropdownlist inside a listview. Everything else is working regarding the listview, except the insert. But, there must partially working as there is a new row added to the table, just not with information. When I add SelectedValue='<%# Bind("ApplicationItemID") %>' to the droplist I get an error. The error is as follows; "Databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control." I have an insertcommand a...

Inserting an Oval image from Photoshop and text wrapping in Publisher
I have created an oval from a picture in Photoshop. The problem is that it exists on a transparent layer that is rectangular. I want to be able to take the image and insert it in a Publisher layout and have text flow around the oval. But it can't because it see's the edges of the transparent layer as the edge of a picture and wraps around the layers edge. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can crop the transparent layer off of the oval.... or perhaps some other way to insert it into Publisher so I can wrap around the oval?? I am using Photoshop CS and Publisher 2003 Thanks ...

reference a chart from another worksheet witha hyperlink
Dear experts, would like to reference a chartsheet form another worksheet of the same workbook (to put an explanation of what each chart in the workbook does, put the name of the chart aside, on which you can click to go directly on that chart). I have done it for some worksheets with the "hyperlink" function, but this does not work for charts... Could you please help me? Many thanks in advance! Best regards, -- Valeria Valeria - You can't hyperlink to a chart sheet, as you've discovered. You can fake it with a simple macro, as described in the Charting FAQ: http...

Problems inserting rows
How can I insert a row in Excel when the assistant says it's not possible? The assistant says that inserting rows would shift data off the worksheet, rather into the next blank rows Maybe... XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged cells. KathleenK wrote: > > How can I insert a row in Excel when the assistant says it's not possible? > The assistant says that inserting rows would shift data off the worksheet, > rather into the next blan...

Insert copied cells above hidden Named Range
I'm not sure what happened here - this worked in the past, but suddenly there is a problem with "Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown". The "record end" named range is still there, so it's not that. The marco is supposed to go to "RecordEnd" which is hidden, unhide it, insert the copied cells while pushing "RecordEnd" below the inserted cells. It worked before - anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Sheets("DRIVER LIST").Select Application.Goto Reference:="RecordEnd" Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True ...

Excel worksheets in asp.net
I have a process to send data to Excel in a browser window from both a server control and via dataset code. I would like to create multiple worksheets (tabs in lower part of Excel spreadsheet) in one xls file. Is that possible? Below is a sample of code I am using to dump to Excel. Thanks. Sub ExportDataSetToExcel(ByVal Source As Object, ByVal E As EventArgs) strExcelSQL = "mc_selPeopleSearchHomeExcel" Response.Clear() Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.excel" Response.Charset = "us-ascii" Response...