insert text to different pages and update

Is there a way to insert a text cell from one page put into another page
and when the first page cell is updated the second page cell will also
be updated. Using the  = sign just displays the formula, not the text.
:confused:

Thanks
Frank

--
fwburkey
fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30314

Not clear what you are doing wrong. the formula should look lik
=Sheet1!A1 Make sure there is nothing to the left of the equals.

Unless in the Tools/options/view you have display formulas ticked.

regard

--
tony
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2107

Tony, Thanks for the help, What i didn't mention is that i was doing
this with 2 merged cells, I got it to work by unmerging the cells,
retyping the text and than remerging the cells.

thanks again
frank

--
fwburkey
fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30314
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=505331

How do I seperate 1 page into 2 in MS Publisher 2003?
I have created a "Newsletter" for my company in Publisher 2003. It is all 1 page and I would like to seperate it into 2 so that the print break doesnt happen in the middle of text boxes. Also how can I convert the "newsletter" into a printer friendly format. Some people are unable to print it correctly so I would like to send it out as a more printer friendly format. I did try converting it to a PDF but it was then 26mb which is too big to email obviously. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You WolfMaster <WolfMaster@discussions.microsoft....

Add 5 to data in text box!
What would I need for [On Click] in my Control Button that would add 5 to [tbAdditionChargeAmount] each time I clicked it? Thanks for any Help...........Bob Private Sub MyCommandButton_Click() Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount = Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount + 5 End Sub If that doesn't work, try: Private Sub MyCommandButton_Click() Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount = _ Val(Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount) + 5 End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:OJaareyxHHA.4916@T...

Page Formatting Preferences Seem To Have Changed
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Using Word 2004 for Mac version 11.5.6 - For example, I cannot make one line align center with Georgia font and then drop a couple of lines and switch to left alignment and Arial font. Whatever change I make, whether what I am seeking to change is highlighted or not, the entire document changes. <br><br>This used to work fine so it seems like a preference must have changed but I can't figure out how to change it back. Really, really appreciate some advice! Thanks!! You have mistakenly enabled &qu...

2 different accounts
Me and my wife, we have both an email account, at the same server. My wifes computer is broken and I would like to make also for her a separated account in my windows mail on my computer. I have made a new account for her emailadress but now all her mails come in my mailbox. Is there a solution to split the accounts?? You can have up to 32 email accounts in Windows Mail. However, Windows Mail does not have identities like Outlook Express did. By default, all email from all accounts goes into the same Inbox.=20 There are four different ways of changing that: 1. Use separate Windo...

Can you move a page from one publication to another?
Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move it into the one you are currently creating? Select all, copy, and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Melis" <Melis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE2DE89E-E052-4A56-9E62-79C8528450D4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move > it > into the one you are currently creating? ...

Email Activity Page takes time to close
Hi, In my application, if the email content in an email activity page is large, the page takes 15-20 seconds to close. I think I should dispose objects while closing the page. But I don't know where to do it? Help please ...

Cell text color change
I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... Could this be done? Look at Format>Conditional Formatting -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Steffen" <Steffen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC53FC5B-81DD-4872-BDCF-A56B42C24159@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula > in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... > > Could this be done? ...

Workbooks that are not directly linked updating?
I have 3 workbooks: WB1, WB2, and WB3. WB1 and WB2 are both linked to WB3 but not each other. WB1 contains volumes and WB2 contains costs. When I open these two together and say no to updating the values change anyway. Any clue on why two workbooks update even if I say no or don't want to have WB3 open? -- MM ...

How can I shrink a flyer to print two to a page?
I am using Microsoft Publisher and I can't seem to get it to print two whole flyers on one page. I tried using the two page spread option in the view tab- but this just gets a portion of the center twice? How can I get the publisher to do this? CS Flower wrote: > I am using Microsoft Publisher and I can't seem to get it to print > two whole flyers on one page. I tried using the two page spread > option in the view tab- but this just gets a portion of the center > twice? How can I get the publisher to do this? ===================================== What if y...

insert>video option is grayed out in frontpage 2003
the option is grayed out on the menu. Take a look at this article: How to insert a video in FrontPage 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825508/en-us -- ~ Kathleen Anderson Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Spider Web Woman Designs http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/ Please reply to the newsgroup for the benefit of others "pagewest" wrote: > the option is grayed out on the menu. ...

why do pictures and text change size on printing?
making birthday card , which i have done many times, but when trying to print, the pictures and text are reducing in size from 168% to 99% . what am i now doing wrong ? ...

Displaying 2 y Axis in different areas
I work in Excel 2000 and need to create a chart that displays data but i have to give the charts to my boss to read who is not very clever and gets very confused with them so i need a way of getting a y axis to display on both sides of the chart so that is lists what is on each side. at the moment it takes me ages using paint and other programs. Can it be done through excel charts -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie Hi, You will find an explanation here http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip005.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http:...

Converting TOC to Text
I cut and paste text from a table of contents into a Word 2003 document. It is very lengthy and I'd rather not re-type the whole long list, since it would take a very long time. However, the TOC formatting is still in the document and I can't get rid of it. I can't include hyperlinks or change font color as a result. I've tried clearing all formatting without effect. Anyone know how to convert a TOC into text? Thanks! Ctrl+Shift+F9 will unlink it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org &q...

oblique text
Is there a way to make a text oblique, using CHARFORMAT? I don't think there is... you could use CFE_ITALIC to make it italics, but if you want to do anything fancier you'll likely have to do it graphically or do your own font. That's just what I know though. Someone else may have a better idea. I did find this article that may be of interest to you: http://69.10.233.10/KB/cpp/oblique_txt.aspx Tom "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote in message news:OEDgEAIoIHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make a text oblique, using CHARFORMAT? >...

Will Exchange 2000 SP4 update the VSAPI?
Exchange 2000 uses VSAPI v2.0. Will there be a SP4 (and if so when) and will it include VSAPI v2.5? Thanks David I don't know if/when any SP4 will be released, but if/when it ever does, I would be very surprised if VSAPI 2.5 were backported to it. -- Scott Schnoll This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. "David Beaven" <technet@ids.ac.uk> wrote in message news:exIS3v52EHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Exchange 2000 uses VSAPI...

Using SQL Query to mass update a field.
Having a problem in eOrder where the pictures are not showing up. I found out the Inventory image in internet information is mapped to a drive letter. If I remove the drive letter, I can see the picture in eOrder. I would like to mass update the SY01200 INET4 field and change all from f:\inventory pictures\image.jpg to image.jpg (where image.jpg is the file name). It sounds like I need to create a cursor script but am not sure how to do this. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks. Backup you data first. You might be able to use DTS to trim the data with a string transformation. Or you ...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

How do i insert a Address Bar kind of drop down list within MS Exc
Hi, I wonderr if anyone can tell me if i am able to insert into an excel spreadsheet an address bar drop down list (like in windows explorer) to view and select the necessary drives, and make this particular cekk work like a pointer to changing the default path of where my macro searches for a specific file. Thanks AT the end is some code that will browse and reset the folder, and use this code to add a button to your standard toolbar Dim oCtl As Object With Application.CommandBars("Standard") Set oCtl = .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton) oCtl.Caption =...

Inserting a Word document as an Excel Sheet
Is it possible to insert a Word document as a sheet contained in an Excel workbook? If not, is it possible to link a Word document to an Excel spreadsheet and then preserve those links when the Excel spreadsheet is Saved As something else without having to re-link everything in Word? Insert / Object / Create from File Tab / Browse to File & then decide whether you want it to display as just an icon or as a document (Those two options are bottom right of the dialog box). Choose Document and the first page of your doc willa ppear in the Excel file. Double click it and you will be able...

How do I change the OWA logon page?
How do I change the OWA logon page? It's located in: ...\Exchsrvr\Exchweb\bin\auth\[language] If you understand ASP a bit, then you will be able to do a lot..;) See also: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321832/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830827/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/840671/en-us -- Regards, Menko den Ouden MCSE+I+Messaging "Eric K" <EricK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26A385D4-5A8D-4BF5-A7A0-2652ED083456@microsoft.com... > How do I change the OWA logon page? hello yes also you can use the following link it ...

Custom page sizes in Excel
In Lotus, I could specify a custom page size (i.e. 4.25 X 3.5). Is there ANY way to do this in Excel? It was great for making small laminated cards for contact info etc. ...

text and number separation
Hello everyone... I'm trying to do a spreadsheet that logs contact names and number pulled from a network application. Normally I copy and paste the information into one cell. (cell a1) Ex: Steven Tyler p: 123-456-7890 f:369-125-1821. How can I get 3 cells to seperate these and return: Steven Tyler (in b1) 123-456-7890 (in c1) 369-125-1821 (in d1) i cannot get it to remove the "p:" or "f:". Please help if possible> Thanks, SJ -- SubliminalJones ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SubliminalJones's Profile: http:/...

Listbox and sheet updating issue
I need your assistance with a problem I have with a listbox. I have a sheet containing a range "Reporting_Periods" which has col(1) = a number 1 to 15 (Period), and Col(2) a StartDate and col(3) an EndDate. I have a userform with one listbox, and 3 textboxes - Period, Startdate, Enddate. The users may change the dates in an existing Period, and if the click in the blank line under the last populated row in the listbox, they can create a new Period. The listbox is populated at Userform_Initialize which sets the row source and the bound column (Period). Everything works O...

Inserting picture without loss of information
I'm attempting to insert some cropped sections of very high resolution (3000x2000) bitmaps into Excel. The problem is when I insert the cropped images there is some processing done on the image before it is displayed. This processing blurs some of the pixels. I really need the image to retain the pixel information. Is this at all possible? Chris, I've found, though not worked extensively with it, that small pictures will be inserted in actual size. That means if Excel is set to 100% zoom, they'll be rendered pixel-for-pixel on the screen, if the zoom is set to 100%. Large p...

How can I update multiple cells from a UDF?
How can I get a UDF to change the contents of several cells other than the one from which it was called? Can I use named cells or must I use A1 addressing? Prof Wonmug - > How can I get a UDF to change the contents of several cells other than the > one from which it was called? < You can't. A UDF entered into a worksheet cell or cells can only return a value to that cell or those cells. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "Prof Wonmug" <wonmug@e.mcc> wrote in message news:v805m510gm5b4e52oefvce4mes88r5bqnu@4ax.com... How can I get...