Insert rows in Excel Ledger problem

I am using a ledger for simple accounts, Date, Name, Service, Amount
and Total.
The far right column keeps a running total. I have however omitted
some data and am trying to add rows in various places in date order.
I can insert the rows no problem, however, the final right hand cell
remains blank and will not update the total.
I have tried the format painter which works for all cells but the
last, the format bar is greyed out along with anything else I thought
I could use to solve the problem.
I have tried adding the data on the last row and dragging it up to
where I want it but as soon as I move it even one place the final cell
goes blank again...
I'm sure it's something simple and that I have overcome this problem
before but this time it's driving me nuts!
0
Gary
11/14/2009 4:33:07 PM
excel.newusers 15348 articles. 2 followers. Follow

8 Replies
1297 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 50

Gary,

Generally, if you insert rows into a table, you will mess up the formula 
references.  You can easily solve this by copying down the formula for that 
column from a row that is above your insertion point, all the way down to 
the end of your table.

One way around this is to not use formulas in your table, but to use the 
table a the source for a pivot table.  In those cases, insertion into the 
table may actually be preferred.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP


"Gary Huston" <gary.huston@sky.com> wrote in message 
news:a5273204-aeca-4463-8e1c-79ce914ad1a8@g23g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
>I am using a ledger for simple accounts, Date, Name, Service, Amount
> and Total.
> The far right column keeps a running total. I have however omitted
> some data and am trying to add rows in various places in date order.
> I can insert the rows no problem, however, the final right hand cell
> remains blank and will not update the total.
> I have tried the format painter which works for all cells but the
> last, the format bar is greyed out along with anything else I thought
> I could use to solve the problem.
> I have tried adding the data on the last row and dragging it up to
> where I want it but as soon as I move it even one place the final cell
> goes blank again...
> I'm sure it's something simple and that I have overcome this problem
> before but this time it's driving me nuts! 

0
Bernie
11/14/2009 6:40:01 PM
On 14 Nov, 18:40, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote:
> Gary,
>
> Generally, if you insert rows into a table, you will mess up the formula
> references. =A0You can easily solve this by copying down the formula for =
that
> column from a row that is above your insertion point, all the way down to
> the end of your table.
>
> One way around this is to not use formulas in your table, but to use the
> table a the source for a pivot table. =A0In those cases, insertion into t=
he
> table may actually be preferred.
>
> HTH,
> Bernie
> MS Excel MVP
>
> "Gary Huston" <gary.hus...@sky.com> wrote in message
>
> news:a5273204-aeca-4463-8e1c-79ce914ad1a8@g23g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
>
> >I am using a ledger for simple accounts, Date, Name, Service, Amount
> > and Total.
> > The far right column keeps a running total. I have however omitted
> > some data and am trying to add rows in various places in date order.
> > I can insert the rows no problem, however, the final right hand cell
> > remains blank and will not update the total.
> > I have tried the format painter which works for all cells but the
> > last, the format bar is greyed out along with anything else I thought
> > I could use to solve the problem.
> > I have tried adding the data on the last row and dragging it up to
> > where I want it but as soon as I move it even one place the final cell
> > goes blank again...
> > I'm sure it's something simple and that I have overcome this problem
> > before but this time it's driving me nuts!

I would love to copy the formula from above, the problem is I can't
access it, I can't get into formulas, everything is greyed out and it
says formulas are not used in ledgers.
0
Gary
11/14/2009 6:55:22 PM
Gary,

What version of Excel are you using?  And, is the sheet protected?

Bernie


"Gary Huston" <gary.huston@sky.com> wrote in message 
news:fbed67b9-0de5-4d75-a2ba-cbcd53a301d0@l2g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
On 14 Nov, 18:40, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote:
> Gary,
>
> Generally, if you insert rows into a table, you will mess up the formula
> references. You can easily solve this by copying down the formula for that
> column from a row that is above your insertion point, all the way down to
> the end of your table.
>
> One way around this is to not use formulas in your table, but to use the
> table a the source for a pivot table. In those cases, insertion into the
> table may actually be preferred.
>
> HTH,
> Bernie
> MS Excel MVP
>
> "Gary Huston" <gary.hus...@sky.com> wrote in message
>
> news:a5273204-aeca-4463-8e1c-79ce914ad1a8@g23g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
>
> >I am using a ledger for simple accounts, Date, Name, Service, Amount
> > and Total.
> > The far right column keeps a running total. I have however omitted
> > some data and am trying to add rows in various places in date order.
> > I can insert the rows no problem, however, the final right hand cell
> > remains blank and will not update the total.
> > I have tried the format painter which works for all cells but the
> > last, the format bar is greyed out along with anything else I thought
> > I could use to solve the problem.
> > I have tried adding the data on the last row and dragging it up to
> > where I want it but as soon as I move it even one place the final cell
> > goes blank again...
> > I'm sure it's something simple and that I have overcome this problem
> > before but this time it's driving me nuts!

I would love to copy the formula from above, the problem is I can't
access it, I can't get into formulas, everything is greyed out and it
says formulas are not used in ledgers. 

0
Bernie
11/14/2009 8:24:39 PM
On 14 Nov, 20:24, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote:
> Gary,
>
> What version of Excel are you using? =A0And, is the sheet protected?
>
> Bernie
>
> "Gary Huston" <gary.hus...@sky.com> wrote in message
>
> news:fbed67b9-0de5-4d75-a2ba-cbcd53a301d0@l2g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
> On 14 Nov, 18:40, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Gary,
>
> > Generally, if you insert rows into a table, you will mess up the formul=
a
> > references. You can easily solve this by copying down the formula for t=
hat
> > column from a row that is above your insertion point, all the way down =
to
> > the end of your table.
>
> > One way around this is to not use formulas in your table, but to use th=
e
> > table a the source for a pivot table. In those cases, insertion into th=
e
> > table may actually be preferred.
>
> > HTH,
> > Bernie
> > MS Excel MVP
>
> > "Gary Huston" <gary.hus...@sky.com> wrote in message
>
> >news:a5273204-aeca-4463-8e1c-79ce914ad1a8@g23g2000yqh.googlegroups.com..=
..
>
> > >I am using a ledger for simple accounts, Date, Name, Service, Amount
> > > and Total.
> > > The far right column keeps a running total. I have however omitted
> > > some data and am trying to add rows in various places in date order.
> > > I can insert the rows no problem, however, the final right hand cell
> > > remains blank and will not update the total.
> > > I have tried the format painter which works for all cells but the
> > > last, the format bar is greyed out along with anything else I thought
> > > I could use to solve the problem.
> > > I have tried adding the data on the last row and dragging it up to
> > > where I want it but as soon as I move it even one place the final cel=
l
> > > goes blank again...
> > > I'm sure it's something simple and that I have overcome this problem
> > > before but this time it's driving me nuts!
>
> I would love to copy the formula from above, the problem is I can't
> access it, I can't get into formulas, everything is greyed out and it
> says formulas are not used in ledgers.

I'm using office 2008 for Mac, the sheet is not protected.
I have asked in the Mac users forum but no replies.
0
Gary
11/15/2009 9:34:19 AM
Gary,

I'm not familiar with Office 2008, so I think that my help will end here, 
with one last question - did you download the file from somewhere or create 
it yourself?

Bernie



"Gary Huston" <gary.huston@sky.com> wrote in message 
news:1d34d927-37b8-437b-b447-6069962e923f@t2g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
On 14 Nov, 20:24, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote:
> Gary,
>
> What version of Excel are you using? And, is the sheet protected?
>
> Bernie
>
> "Gary Huston" <gary.hus...@sky.com> wrote in message
>
> news:fbed67b9-0de5-4d75-a2ba-cbcd53a301d0@l2g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
> On 14 Nov, 18:40, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Gary,
>
> > Generally, if you insert rows into a table, you will mess up the formula
> > references. You can easily solve this by copying down the formula for 
> > that
> > column from a row that is above your insertion point, all the way down 
> > to
> > the end of your table.
>
> > One way around this is to not use formulas in your table, but to use the
> > table a the source for a pivot table. In those cases, insertion into the
> > table may actually be preferred.
>
> > HTH,
> > Bernie
> > MS Excel MVP
>
> > "Gary Huston" <gary.hus...@sky.com> wrote in message
>
> >news:a5273204-aeca-4463-8e1c-79ce914ad1a8@g23g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
>
> > >I am using a ledger for simple accounts, Date, Name, Service, Amount
> > > and Total.
> > > The far right column keeps a running total. I have however omitted
> > > some data and am trying to add rows in various places in date order.
> > > I can insert the rows no problem, however, the final right hand cell
> > > remains blank and will not update the total.
> > > I have tried the format painter which works for all cells but the
> > > last, the format bar is greyed out along with anything else I thought
> > > I could use to solve the problem.
> > > I have tried adding the data on the last row and dragging it up to
> > > where I want it but as soon as I move it even one place the final cell
> > > goes blank again...
> > > I'm sure it's something simple and that I have overcome this problem
> > > before but this time it's driving me nuts!
>
> I would love to copy the formula from above, the problem is I can't
> access it, I can't get into formulas, everything is greyed out and it
> says formulas are not used in ledgers.

I'm using office 2008 for Mac, the sheet is not protected.
I have asked in the Mac users forum but no replies. 

0
Bernie
11/15/2009 2:09:55 PM
On 15 Nov, 14:09, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote:
> Gary,
>
> I'm not familiar with Office 2008, so I think that my help will end here,
> with one last question - did you download the file from somewhere or create
> it yourself?
>
> Bernie
>
> "Gary Huston" <gary.hus...@sky.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1d34d927-37b8-437b-b447-6069962e923f@t2g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
> On 14 Nov, 20:24, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Gary,
>
> > What version of Excel are you using? And, is the sheet protected?
>
> > Bernie
>
> > "Gary Huston" <gary.hus...@sky.com> wrote in message
>
> >news:fbed67b9-0de5-4d75-a2ba-cbcd53a301d0@l2g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
> > On 14 Nov, 18:40, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote:
>
> > > Gary,
>
> > > Generally, if you insert rows into a table, you will mess up the formula
> > > references. You can easily solve this by copying down the formula for
> > > that
> > > column from a row that is above your insertion point, all the way down
> > > to
> > > the end of your table.
>
> > > One way around this is to not use formulas in your table, but to use the
> > > table a the source for a pivot table. In those cases, insertion into the
> > > table may actually be preferred.
>
> > > HTH,
> > > Bernie
> > > MS Excel MVP
>
> > > "Gary Huston" <gary.hus...@sky.com> wrote in message
>
> > >news:a5273204-aeca-4463-8e1c-79ce914ad1a8@g23g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
>
> > > >I am using a ledger for simple accounts, Date, Name, Service, Amount
> > > > and Total.
> > > > The far right column keeps a running total. I have however omitted
> > > > some data and am trying to add rows in various places in date order.
> > > > I can insert the rows no problem, however, the final right hand cell
> > > > remains blank and will not update the total.
> > > > I have tried the format painter which works for all cells but the
> > > > last, the format bar is greyed out along with anything else I thought
> > > > I could use to solve the problem.
> > > > I have tried adding the data on the last row and dragging it up to
> > > > where I want it but as soon as I move it even one place the final cell
> > > > goes blank again...
> > > > I'm sure it's something simple and that I have overcome this problem
> > > > before but this time it's driving me nuts!
>
> > I would love to copy the formula from above, the problem is I can't
> > access it, I can't get into formulas, everything is greyed out and it
> > says formulas are not used in ledgers.
>
> I'm using office 2008 for Mac, the sheet is not protected.
> I have asked in the Mac users forum but no replies.

It was a template that comes bundled, there are dozens to choose
from,  I just customized one to suit my needs.
I'm wondering if something has gone wrong within the ledger it's self,
when I open a new one and try to add rows it seems to work fine.
I just didn't want to have to re enter almost a whole years accounts
into a new document.
This one has been working fine up until this week.
Looks like I might be in for a long evenings work!
0
Gary
11/15/2009 3:12:40 PM
Gary,

Since you have a table of data, just copy the data (possibly column by 
column if the columns are in a different order) and use paste special / 
values when you migrate to a new workbook.  The template that you chose 
clearly has some VBA code or protection scheme that prevents you from using 
it the way that you want.  But migrating to a new workbook should take 
minutes, not hours.

Bernie


"Gary Huston" <gary.huston@sky.com> wrote in message 
news:8285e82e-5d84-4a0b-aa8e-e55d1f1537ed@r24g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
> On 15 Nov, 14:09, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote:
>> Gary,
>>
>> I'm not familiar with Office 2008, so I think that my help will end here,
>> with one last question - did you download the file from somewhere or 
>> create
>> it yourself?
>>
>> Bernie
>>
>> "Gary Huston" <gary.hus...@sky.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:1d34d927-37b8-437b-b447-6069962e923f@t2g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
>> On 14 Nov, 20:24, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> > Gary,
>>
>> > What version of Excel are you using? And, is the sheet protected?
>>
>> > Bernie
>>
>> > "Gary Huston" <gary.hus...@sky.com> wrote in message
>>
>> >news:fbed67b9-0de5-4d75-a2ba-cbcd53a301d0@l2g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
>> > On 14 Nov, 18:40, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote:
>>
>> > > Gary,
>>
>> > > Generally, if you insert rows into a table, you will mess up the 
>> > > formula
>> > > references. You can easily solve this by copying down the formula for
>> > > that
>> > > column from a row that is above your insertion point, all the way 
>> > > down
>> > > to
>> > > the end of your table.
>>
>> > > One way around this is to not use formulas in your table, but to use 
>> > > the
>> > > table a the source for a pivot table. In those cases, insertion into 
>> > > the
>> > > table may actually be preferred.
>>
>> > > HTH,
>> > > Bernie
>> > > MS Excel MVP
>>
>> > > "Gary Huston" <gary.hus...@sky.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > >news:a5273204-aeca-4463-8e1c-79ce914ad1a8@g23g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
>>
>> > > >I am using a ledger for simple accounts, Date, Name, Service, Amount
>> > > > and Total.
>> > > > The far right column keeps a running total. I have however omitted
>> > > > some data and am trying to add rows in various places in date 
>> > > > order.
>> > > > I can insert the rows no problem, however, the final right hand 
>> > > > cell
>> > > > remains blank and will not update the total.
>> > > > I have tried the format painter which works for all cells but the
>> > > > last, the format bar is greyed out along with anything else I 
>> > > > thought
>> > > > I could use to solve the problem.
>> > > > I have tried adding the data on the last row and dragging it up to
>> > > > where I want it but as soon as I move it even one place the final 
>> > > > cell
>> > > > goes blank again...
>> > > > I'm sure it's something simple and that I have overcome this 
>> > > > problem
>> > > > before but this time it's driving me nuts!
>>
>> > I would love to copy the formula from above, the problem is I can't
>> > access it, I can't get into formulas, everything is greyed out and it
>> > says formulas are not used in ledgers.
>>
>> I'm using office 2008 for Mac, the sheet is not protected.
>> I have asked in the Mac users forum but no replies.
>
> It was a template that comes bundled, there are dozens to choose
> from,  I just customized one to suit my needs.
> I'm wondering if something has gone wrong within the ledger it's self,
> when I open a new one and try to add rows it seems to work fine.
> I just didn't want to have to re enter almost a whole years accounts
> into a new document.
> This one has been working fine up until this week.
> Looks like I might be in for a long evenings work! 

0
Bernie
11/15/2009 3:23:52 PM
On 15 Nov, 15:23, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote:
> Gary,
>
> Since you have a table of data, just copy the data (possibly column by
> column if the columns are in a different order) and use paste special /
> values when you migrate to a new workbook. =A0The template that you chose
> clearly has some VBA code or protection scheme that prevents you from usi=
ng
> it the way that you want. =A0But migrating to a new workbook should take
> minutes, not hours.
>
> Bernie
>
> "Gary Huston" <gary.hus...@sky.com> wrote in message
>
> news:8285e82e-5d84-4a0b-aa8e-e55d1f1537ed@r24g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
>
> > On 15 Nov, 14:09, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote:
> >> Gary,
>
> >> I'm not familiar with Office 2008, so I think that my help will end he=
re,
> >> with one last question - did you download the file from somewhere or
> >> create
> >> it yourself?
>
> >> Bernie
>
> >> "Gary Huston" <gary.hus...@sky.com> wrote in message
>
> >>news:1d34d927-37b8-437b-b447-6069962e923f@t2g2000yqn.googlegroups.com..=
..
> >> On 14 Nov, 20:24, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote:
>
> >> > Gary,
>
> >> > What version of Excel are you using? And, is the sheet protected?
>
> >> > Bernie
>
> >> > "Gary Huston" <gary.hus...@sky.com> wrote in message
>
> >> >news:fbed67b9-0de5-4d75-a2ba-cbcd53a301d0@l2g2000yqd.googlegroups.com=
....
> >> > On 14 Nov, 18:40, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrot=
e:
>
> >> > > Gary,
>
> >> > > Generally, if you insert rows into a table, you will mess up the
> >> > > formula
> >> > > references. You can easily solve this by copying down the formula =
for
> >> > > that
> >> > > column from a row that is above your insertion point, all the way
> >> > > down
> >> > > to
> >> > > the end of your table.
>
> >> > > One way around this is to not use formulas in your table, but to u=
se
> >> > > the
> >> > > table a the source for a pivot table. In those cases, insertion in=
to
> >> > > the
> >> > > table may actually be preferred.
>
> >> > > HTH,
> >> > > Bernie
> >> > > MS Excel MVP
>
> >> > > "Gary Huston" <gary.hus...@sky.com> wrote in message
>
> >> > >news:a5273204-aeca-4463-8e1c-79ce914ad1a8@g23g2000yqh.googlegroups.=
com...
>
> >> > > >I am using a ledger for simple accounts, Date, Name, Service, Amo=
unt
> >> > > > and Total.
> >> > > > The far right column keeps a running total. I have however omitt=
ed
> >> > > > some data and am trying to add rows in various places in date
> >> > > > order.
> >> > > > I can insert the rows no problem, however, the final right hand
> >> > > > cell
> >> > > > remains blank and will not update the total.
> >> > > > I have tried the format painter which works for all cells but th=
e
> >> > > > last, the format bar is greyed out along with anything else I
> >> > > > thought
> >> > > > I could use to solve the problem.
> >> > > > I have tried adding the data on the last row and dragging it up =
to
> >> > > > where I want it but as soon as I move it even one place the fina=
l
> >> > > > cell
> >> > > > goes blank again...
> >> > > > I'm sure it's something simple and that I have overcome this
> >> > > > problem
> >> > > > before but this time it's driving me nuts!
>
> >> > I would love to copy the formula from above, the problem is I can't
> >> > access it, I can't get into formulas, everything is greyed out and i=
t
> >> > says formulas are not used in ledgers.
>
> >> I'm using office 2008 for Mac, the sheet is not protected.
> >> I have asked in the Mac users forum but no replies.
>
> > It was a template that comes bundled, there are dozens to choose
> > from, =A0I just customized one to suit my needs.
> > I'm wondering if something has gone wrong within the ledger it's self,
> > when I open a new one and try to add rows it seems to work fine.
> > I just didn't want to have to re enter almost a whole years accounts
> > into a new document.
> > This one has been working fine up until this week.
> > Looks like I might be in for a long evenings work!

Thanks Bernie, I just pasted special all the data, had to do it all in
one go as It wouldn't let me select just one column at a time, into a
new workbook customized the same as the last one and hey presto it all
works fine. I can add rows no problem. I think there must have been a
bug in the old one.
Thanks for your help.

Gary
0
Gary
11/15/2009 4:02:08 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Windows XP x64 MFC application problem
I can't start my application on Windows XP Prof. 64-bit wersion, there is messagebox "Failed to create empty document". Application works fine on Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP Prof. SP2. What can I do to solove this probem? >I can't start my application on Windows XP Prof. 64-bit wersion, there is >messagebox "Failed to create empty document". Application works fine on >Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP Prof. SP2. What can I do to solove this >probem? The obvious response is - try debugging it on that platform and find where it's giving rise ...

Problems with reallocations in the Advanced Budget
I am a using the Advanced Budget in Money and for years I have reallocated money between categories and months. recently when I updated my transactions all my real locations were wrong. Basically the money I allocated from March to February was not only back in February it reversed it and made it look like I sent Money from February to March so now any category that I have reallocated money (an that is most) is wrong. Does anyone know of a way to fix this, I have run the repair, but that did nothing. Microsoft Money Plus Premium Version 17.0.125.1415 I am so glad to see that I am...

Looking for Excel Help
I'm a very novice Excel user and am looking for a little help with creating a formula for a spreadsheet I'm creating for my personal use. I would appreciate some assistance if possible. Thanks in advance. Dan --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Dan! Post a sample of what you want to do. Your question is just a tad open ended <g> -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "DanB4105" <DanB4105.ywtpa@excelfor...

New to excel
Hi All, I'm new to Excel ( and to this forum :) ) and so I hope somebody may b able to help me. I've got 2 questions.... QUESTION 1 I've got a spreadsheet which takes data from one worksheet and uses i to calculate data in a second worksheet using the following code formula: =IF('4th November 2005'!B19="","nothing here dude",IF(B19<'4th Novembe 2005'!B19,"UP",IF(B19='4th November 2005'!B19,"Same",IF(B19>'4t November 2005'!B19,"DOWN")))) The problem is, when I create a new worksheet I have...

hide a row
I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is something in Column B, I would like to hide the row. Is this possable in an if statement? Hi not possible with a formula. This would require VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bob" <bobolah@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OSOK8hisEHA.2556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. > > If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is > something in Column B, ...

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

Autonumber created.. problems in the future?
I managed to create an autonumber in Microsoft CRM. I did this by making a field "Number"(in the database "New_Number") and I published it on the form. Then I went To the SQL server and I changed the field in the table to Identity Yes, Identity seed 1, Identity Increment 1. I locked the field on the form. It worked! I think that this is not supported by Microsoft. But has anybody got any idea which troubles i could get with this configuration? San ________________________________ Do you know all add-ons for Microsoft CRM? Visit http://www.pimpmycrm.com The biggest dange...

Question -Problem
Has anybody ever seen an error message (0x800cccF6) message? I cannot configure my Outlook to retrieve Hotmail. Works with other profiles on this computer running winxp. Stan-The-Man-2006 wrote: > Has anybody ever seen an error message (0x800cccF6) message? I cannot > configure my Outlook to retrieve Hotmail. Works with other profiles > on this computer running winxp. If you have a free Hotmail account, note that it won't work anymore (even your other profiles will eventually have problems) - see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm#hotmail ...

AD Sync problem
Hello, One of my DC was disconnected from the network for quite a long time and cannot be synchronized with AD anymore. I have been trying to apply the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325850/en-us procedure to reset the machine account password. After launching the command "netdom resetpwd /S: ....." I've got the following error message : "The machine account password for the local machine could not be reset. Echec d'ouverture de session : unknown user or incorrect password. The command failed to complete successfully." ANy idea to help me ? Man...

WCF Client serialization problem
I posted the problem on another forum, and to prevent duplicate posts, but get as many professionals as possible to look at it, I include the url in this post. Please help! http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2948657/migrating-webclient-to-wcf-wcf-client-serializes-parametername-of-method ...

Excel button problem
Hi All I have a macro that copies a worksheet in the active workbook and puts it into a new workbook - then formats it and deletes any buttons on the worksheet. On the first click on the button the macro works ok. On the second click, it fails because the all assigned macros on all buttons in the active workbook changed from "mba" to "book1!mba". Book 1 doesn't exists (wasn't opened, wasn't saved, doesn't have the macros). I've never experienced this problem before?? Can anyone help to solve this problem? FYI The macro to do this is c...

Excel 97 #9
Please can anyone help??? I have two columns in Excel 97. The first contains a list of statu values eg. pending, or granted or withdrawn. The second contains date eg.01/12/1997, 05/06/2003. I woudl like to know how to get all th granted apps before 31/12/2003. Can anyone help please -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com theres many ways, but an easiest way would be to do a sort. Highlight the 2 columns, click on data, then sort, then sort by status, then by date. this should group them all together. hope this helps...toe >-----Original Message----- >Please can anyo...

learning Excel #3
Hi, I was considering learning Excel as an additional tool for my data analysis work. Is it better to use data sets that I have previously used with SPSS and apply the same analysis tools as in SPSS? For applying the appropriate tools, I was considering using excel's online help. The second option I have is to use some excel book for data analysis and apply the techniques to data sets provided with the book. Any suggestions????? regards Metal ...

unable to paste Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003
(This was posted on "excel.charting" group.) I have a user who's unable to paste an Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003 email message. In Outlook options, the checkbox is selected for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages". When I tested this on my own computer running the same version of Office, if the box is check, I have no problem pasting; if this box is cleared, I cannot paste. But on his computer, it doesn't work regardless. Thanks and regards, TL ...

How do I Remove a Split from my Comments in Excel 2003? #2
I have set my current workbook to split/freeze the first column and first 2 rows. Now, when I add a comment to the second row (in any column) my comments are cut off if I should scroll down. I don't ever remember the behavior before. And I don't know what I've done to enable it but it's really annoying. How do turn this off ? ...

outlook 97 and express email problems
Hi, I am currently on an IBM X21 laptop and is running windows 98 se with office 97 pro. I recently experienced some problems with outlook (illegal operations etc) and reinstalled office to fix the problem but since then I have not been able to send or recieve emails with outlook 97 and outlook express 6. I simply get an error message saying the host can't be found (but does exist and I can ping it successfully). Any suggestions on what I might do? I have tried creating new accounts in windows mail and outlook express, but I still get the same error. Thankyou in advance! Tim D...

Having problem with spoofing email
Our users just received multiple email from different users outside the company. In the To: line, it shows his user name correctly but when he print those email, the To: line was showing somebody else name on the print out. Is there a way to block this behavior? I'm using E2k3. For some reason our spam (postini) didn't pick up these emails. Thank you, Could you please post the message in raw format (including the mail headers) Petch wrote: > Our users just received multiple email from different users outside the > company. In the To: line, it shows his user name cor...

Problem with Range
Hello All, Using Windows & Excel XP. I have a worksheet that has times located in every other column, A1:A30, C1:C30, E1:E30. I then name the range "times". I want to find the count of times that are between 0:30:00 and 0:39:59 (30 and 39:59 minutes). I write the formula: =COUNTIF(times,">=" & TIME(0,30,0)) - COUNTIF(times,">=" & TIME(0,39,59)) but get the error #VALUE! I have tried writing a formula for times in one column and consecutive columns and it gives the correct count, it is just when the times in every other column that th...

Excel corrupts when asking to update vlookups
We are experiencing weird behavior with some Office 2K3 Excel spreadsheets that contain lots of calculations, but no macros. On some pc’s Excel acts normally, on others you get the error. I have a couple of screen shots available. Any help is appreciated. If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want 4. You send before/after examples and expected results. -- Don Gu...

Uninstall of mappoint has caused errors with excel
Hi, I am running Office 2003 on the terminal server (windows 2003) and had a copy of mappoint as well. This is a mapping program. We ininstalled mappoint which has caused an error message with Excel and other office products. The error says "Cd:\documents and settings\administrator.ocrdc1\application data\microsoft\addins c:\Program files\common files\microsoft shared\geography\mpoai9.dll is not a valid add-in." I then click OK and excel opens up and everything is fine. The problem is that we are using other programs as well such as Quickbooks that export to excel and t...

Offline Synchronization Problem #2
I get the following error when I try going offline. The excelption is taken from Event Viewer of the Client Machine. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMOfflineSync Event Category: None Event ID: 6000 Date: 3/25/2008 Time: 5:03:33 PM User: N/A Computer: WINXP Description: An error occurred during Offline Synchronization. Try going offline again, or restart Microsoft Outlook. saInsert failed for entity 'ActivityMimeAttachment', batchRows=0 with exception System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument li...

How to delete a set of rows depending on Value
I have two worksheets Worksheet A 27 Columns 1600 Rows. Worksheet B 1 Column 200 Rows I need Worksheet A to look at each cell in Worksheet B, if a cell exists in Worksheet A, then I need the row deleted... Basically I have a list of Grand list of items to do, then a list of items already completed. I need to now remove all entries in the grand list that have been completed. Is this feasible or should I look at using some Unix script. It sounds like you could use VLOOKUP to find out if the value in B exists on A: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/vlookup_formulas_in_microsoft_excel....

How do I overlay text to a row without loosing the text in the ba.
I would like to know how to give an entire row (or column) a text overlay such as "VOID" and still be able to view the text in the underlaying row (or column). Thanks in advance. Use WordArt from the Drawing toolbar. Change the Fill to None. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Bruce Charles" <Bruce Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C430F6BC-1EBD-461F-A3FA-EC8592C5704C@microsoft.com... |I would like to know how to give an entire row (or column) a text overlay | such as "VOID" and still be able to view the text in the underlaying row (or | c...

message delivery problems
Hello! There are several email address that when I send them an e-mail, they just sit in the Queue. I did message tracking and its telling me that "Message Routed and Queued for Remote Delivery". Can anyone suggest symptoms for this? Thank You! usually messages sitting in outgoing queue take time due to DNS related issues. Do you have issues performing NSlookups on any domains from your workstation? Can you perform the same NSlookups from the exchange server? From the exchange server, can you perform smtp communication directly to the mailserver that would receive the e...

I need to print a word in PDF from excel.
Hi, In my excel Macro, I update several values and then open a word linked with that excel. Finally what I need to do is to print that word to PDF. I already have a PDF Printer, so I just need the code to do it. Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance. Gast=F3n. Habilita la impresora predeterminada como la PDF y ya lo puedes imprimir a al formato deseado Gracias Francisco,=20 Tienes alg=FAn codigo para ello? gracias Repitiendo: Desde el panel de impresoras asigno primero la que me interesa y despues ejecuto mi macro desde el archivo excel asignando la instruccion sig: midefaultes = a...