insert flash file

Hi this is Rajasekar Chandramohan from India. I would like to know how to
insert a executable file (eg. Flash files) to an excel files. I had seen lots
of excel files with some games etc. How come is it possible?

hi,
that is because excel is programable using the computer language visual basic.
as far as inserting a "flash file", unless it is in vb and designed for
spreadsheets, i doubt it would work. but in excel, press alt+F11. this will
bring up the vb editor. here you can write, paste or import code.
regards.
FSt1

"Rajasekar Chandramohan" wrote:

> Hi this is Rajasekar Chandramohan from India. I would like to know how to
> insert a executable file (eg. Flash files) to an excel files. I had seen lots
> of excel files with some games etc. How come is it possible?
0
FSt1 (238)

temp files
How do you find and delete the temp files in Vista. Not the temporary internet files, just the temp files that are not needed. Thanks. Type %temp% in Start - All Programs - Accessories - Run -- .. -- "Karen F" <fetter@frontiernet.net> wrote in message news:%23FWmmtPrKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do you find and delete the temp files in Vista. Not the temporary > internet files, just the temp files that are not needed. Thanks. You can also Download and use ccleaner.exe works great. http://www.ccleaner.com/ Russ -- Russel...

Rename a snp file
I currently using the following code to send a snp file via e-mail. It works fine. DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "report123", acFormatSNP, "abc@abc.com", , "123@123.net", "Subject Text", "Body Text" & strIdentify How can I change the name of the snp file with a field value? Example: Now, the snp file shows up as an attachment and looks like report123.snp every time. I would like to have the prefix of the snp file use a field value. That way, It would use the value of that field and look like 1234.snp or 1235.snp, etc... The f...

File Path
Need some help. I developed a macro that was only used by myself, however this macro is now having to be used by others. The macro opened files stored in my C:\documents and settings\max28052\ . The required files are exported from the corporate database and are automatically named - the files are always named the same regardless of the officer exporting the data. I would like to change my macro to up the required files regardless of the officer. The macro was written with the full file path eg. c:\documents and settings\max28052\help.xls is there anyway, that I can ch...

Help Exchange 5.5 file C:\ExchSrvr\imcdata\out\H214SSQB exploded?
Our chruch is running Windows SmBusServer 4.5 with NT 4.0 SP6 and Exchange 5.5. recently we noticed our 'C:' particion exploding as a result we suspect of the above file. In our normal 3-17-06 backup we had 26,333 files and 2.278 GB. On 3-20-06 we find 27,028 files and 7.850 GB. The above file (H214SSQB) is currently 5.425 GB Can you help us resolve this sudden space requirement which appears to be occuring in this one file? Another hit like this would blow up our just under 10GB drive 'C:' partition. Thank you REllis@GatewayCLC.Org that is a message stuck in the ...

Reading text file in macro
I wish to read data from a text file from within a Visual Basic for Applications macro that is attached to a command button in my spreadsheet. From the user's point of view it should look like this. 1. User clicks the button 2. In some manner the user inputs the file name. Ideally this should be using the windows API file open call, however, I don't think this is available through VBA 3. The macro opens the file and reads data. 4. macro closes file. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This should do it - it takes data from cell C1 of the text file and puts it in A1. The text fi...

comparing excel files #2
We have two versions of the same Excel workbook and need to merge the two. These files are huge and comparing them manually would take days. How can I compare the two files to see what is different? Windows 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 3 Excel 2002 (10.3506.3501) SP-1 Thanks! Hi, On July 6, Dave Peterson wrote this: jeff ------------------------------------------------ It depends. Myrna Larson and and Bill Manville wrote an addin that compares two worksheets on a cell-by-cell basis. A1 is compared with A1. B99 to B99. If one of the users inserted (or deleted) rows (or columns)...

What happens when you lose Log files before shutting down EX Srv?
Hello! I've read articles about when you lose Database how you can replay log files to get all emails back, but I can't seem to find a good article explaining what happens if you lose a log disk. I've searched and found a few articles explaining how to come out of problem when log disk gets full. I am really interested in what happens when a log disk is lost before Exchange gets shuts down. After repairing a log disk, can Exchange restart services by recreating new log files? Or does it become DB becomes inconsistent so I'd have to repair DB? Thanks in advance, Cons...

convert outlook 2003 pst file to outlook 2000 pst file
Hi all I have a little a problem and would appreciate any advice. I uninstalled outlook 2003 and reinstalled outlook 2000. At the time I uninstalled outlook 2003, I did not convert the pst file to the outlook 2000 format. On my pc is currently outlook 2000 but I am unable to import the pst file which is in outlook 2003 format. Any ideas how I can convert .pst file into a format which can be imported into outlook 2000 without reinstalling outlook 2003? Many thanks Ronnie Kotkis Hello Ron, If you just try to add the personal folder into your Outlook 2000 what happens. To add - Tools - S...

CVS file in Internet Explorer
Hi all, i'm trying to open CSV files in Internet Explorer using Excel application. In many of my computers i had no problem, but with some others the CVS files are opened like text. The file association for CVS files is correctly set to Excel in any pc, both where it works and where it don't works. How can I solve this problem? ...

Re: Outlook 2000
I am using and have always used Outlook NOT Outlook Express, and I search for .pst on my old data and there are no such files. I have older .pst saved on CD's but I want the latest info when XP crashed. Alec <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using and have always used Outlook NOT Outlook > Express, and I search for .pst on my old data and there > are no such files. There must be. It's in a hidden file, however. You must enable showing hidden files and folders in Folder Options. Control Panel>Appearance and Themes>Folder Options>View&g...

How tp open a password protected powerpoint file by Excel macro
How to open a password protected powerpoint file by Excel macro? by the way,the cipher is known. Is it possible to do this? Thanks in advance, "juwen" <juwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99826EBC-7070-47A1-AAB5-4151CB24196E@microsoft.com... > > How to open a password protected powerpoint file by Excel macro? by the > way,the cipher is known. > > Is it possible to do this? > > Thanks in advance, > > > How is this related to PowerPoint? Are you asking about an Excel file that's linke...

Large Files
Does anyone know of a website where large database files can be uploaded by a customer and I can then download them? Thanks! Steve Depends upon how large, but http://www.dropbox.com should work for most files . -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message news:%23%23eSO29lKHA.3476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of a website where large database files can be uploaded > by a customer and I can then download them? > > Th...

How do I control the preferences on inserting a word file
When I past one word file into another word file the font and spacing changes and it doesn't appear to be consistent with either document. By default, the formatting of the target document determines the formatting of pasted text (unless the pasted text has direct formatting applied to it). However, in recent versions of Word, you could try experimenting with the Paste Options (which show as you paste). For more on paste options, see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styles/HowPasteOptionsWorks.html. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Clay W. Oberhausen" <...

OST file location bug
Here's how to bring Outlook 2003 to its knees: 1. Configure Outlook 2003 to use Cached Exchange Mode. Use the default location for the OST file, and roaming profiles. 2. Allow a user to log on at a dozen or so computers. 3. Have the user get married, take her husband's last name, and request that her user name be changed to reflect this. 4. Watch the fun that ensues every time she tries to run Outlook 2003 on a computer she didn't log onto while single, when Outlook looks for her OST file in C:\Documents and Settings\<MaidenName>\Local Settings\Application Data\Micro...

Upgrade .pst file from 2002 to 2003 format
I want to take advantage of some of the new features of the Outlook 2003 ..pst file format, namely the bigger capacity. After I upgraded OfficeXP to Office 2003, the settings migration worked just fine. Now I want to upgrade the .pst file format. Is that necessary and if it is, how do I do it? Thanks, ~alan Outlook 2003 will create a PST file in the new format by default. Just copy the contents of your old PST file into a new one created by Outlook 2003. Be sure you then set the new one to be your default. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "~~Alan~~" <alan.shepro_NOSPAM...

Problem referencing multiple closed .xls files
Hi there. I have an Excel file [MAIN] that references multiple other Excel files [SUB]. For example, if I put the following into a cell in MAIN and have the SUB files closed, this works: ='C:\Documents and Settings\Scott\My Documents\MAIN DIR\SUB DIR\[SUB.xls]Sheet25'!$D$11 The above returns the value [not #REF!] even when SUB is not open. But if I try relative addressing: =SUB DIR\[SUB.xls]Sheet25'!$D$11 or, INDIRECT, or CELL, or VLOOKUP, nothing can return the value from a closed file. Any ideas without having to resort to either UDFs or Macros. My client is unwilling to...

Macro: How to open not-excel-files by using excelvalue on Workbooks.Open Filename oa?
Hey Guys I' v made a list in Excel to show all files in a folder. Now I want to open singel file; choosing from this list. The file in folder could be either, Excel, Word, PDF or common picture- format. In case of not-macro-based actions I would use hyperlinks to open the files on regular basis, but I whant to make a "pick and choose"- function by using list/combo-box or something. I cell F2 I have constrructed full path/namevalue in order to open the chosen file. Example File1.xls - make cell F2 value: Y:\MyFolder\File1.xls - opens in Excel File2.pdf - make cell F2 value: Y...

.bmp file vs .cur file
Hi, friends I need to change cursor when mouse moving from one window to another. I know I need to create .cur files for each cursor. However, can I directly use my .bmp file without creating corresponding .cur file, since I may have hundreds of .bmp files? Any reference paper or sample code Thanks a lot. A cursor contains two bitmaps: one to draw the cursor, and one to mask off the area on which the cursor is drawn. You can find out a lot about these file formats in the MSDN. If you have hundreds of bitmaps, perhaps the correct solution is to make hundreds of cursors and then use only t...

config files
Can someone tell me if there is a way to generate a configuration file for MS Exchange 5.5. Thanks Huh? What do you mean by that? Willy wrote: > Can someone tell me if there is a way to generate a > configuration file for MS Exchange 5.5. Thanks ...

Retriving back the lost PST file
How do I retrive a previous PST file for Outlook after doing some "C" drive cleaning? I know I did not delete the PST file, but its not there anymore. no more calendar, contacts, old emails, etc. can someone tell me exactly the steps to look where it might be? help someone. THanks!!!! Lee turbolew3@yahoo.com Apart from checking recycle bin, search for *.pst to include hidden files "Lee" <turbolew3@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7a3301c43155$424d9b60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I retrive a previous PST file for Outlook after > doing some "C"...

PPT Images too big when using Insert as Printout
Hey Everyone, I'm just trying to insert my prof's ppt notes into one note so I can take my notes next to them, but the images are always way too big when I use the insert as printout option. I know that I can just resize each image individually, but with lectures ranging from 45 slides to 95 slides.... it's just way too time-consuming. Is there something I can do so that the 'printouts' are smaller? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Hey Everyone, > > I'm just trying to insert my prof's ppt notes into one note so I can take my ...

Delete Subfolders and Files
Hi all, Could anyone clarify how the Delete Subfolders and Files permission works? Testing this on xp sp3 doesn't work as I'd expect: UserA owns FolderA, and on that folder they have the 'Delete Subfolders and Files' permission. Inside FolderA is FolderB, owned by UserB. UserB has taken away all rights from UserA to do anything with FolderB, including inherited rights. UserB creates FileB inside FolderB. Now, UserA can see FileB inside FolderB, but cannot delete it. Is that really the way it's supposed to behave? Regards Richard richard@tortoi...

ANy suggestions on how to speed-up downloads of mp3 files on pub?
Are there any tricks on how to add mp3 files to the website? Downloads are slow. Thanks hulfish <hulfish@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Are there any tricks on how to add mp3 files to the website? > Downloads are slow. For once, that has nothing to do with Publisher. The speed of file downloads depends not on the website, but on the server. If you're using an AOHell or other ISP-supplied server (or a free web host), you're not going to get top-notch speed. (Note that Publisher-generated pages are another matter - those are slow to d...

copying files #2
hi, i want to copy all the files of type .gif from one folder to another. is there any API for doing it other than CopyFile()? please help. anu hi anu you can use SHFileOperation API. Sreeram "anu" <anu@transversalnet.com> wrote in message news:0b5501c346b1$5c3e2c40$a101280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > > i want to copy all the files of type .gif from one folder > to another. is there any API for doing it other than > CopyFile()? > please help. > > anu ...

Help, pls, with corrupt .pst file
Hi.. using Outlook 2000 and XP Home. My archive file is now corrupt. I have tried using Microsoft's utility to fix it, no luck. Are there any programs/ utilities I could try??? Thank you!! -- B'Regards, Vinnie ScanPST is about all there is. Have you also checked your hard drive to make sure it's not corrupt/etc? "Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message news:%238K6PXuuFHA.3588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi.. using Outlook 2000 and XP Home. > > My archive file is now corrupt. I have tried using Microsoft's utility to &...