incorporate the remove #DIV/0! code into another formula to get bl

hi there, i have this formula below, and i somehow want to incorporate this 
=IFERROR(B1/C1,"") into it with the purpose of having the cell display 
nothing instead of #DIV/0! so that the column of data can then allow an index 
and match formula to work as it won't if any of the cells have #DIV/0! in 
them, any suggestion?

=(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & T58,$M$2:$M$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &
(T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$M$2:$M$2500))/(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &
T58,$D$2:$D$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & (T58+
TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$D$2:$D$2500))


-- 
thanks
0
Morgan (35)
10/28/2009 11:10:01 PM
excel.newusers 15348 articles. 2 followers. Follow

5 Replies
851 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 24

What version of Excel are you using?

The portion of the formula that will cause the #DIV/0! error is when this 
evaluates to 0:

(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &T58,$D$2:$D$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & 
(T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$D$2:$D$2500))

That can result in 0 for 2 reasons:

Either there are no time entries that meet the criteria  or,

There are time entries that meet the criteria but the values (if any) sum to 
0.

-- 
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP


"Morgan" <Morgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:C59909A8-0650-4101-ACDD-2CEDCCE38014@microsoft.com...
> hi there, i have this formula below, and i somehow want to incorporate 
> this
> =IFERROR(B1/C1,"") into it with the purpose of having the cell display
> nothing instead of #DIV/0! so that the column of data can then allow an 
> index
> and match formula to work as it won't if any of the cells have #DIV/0! in
> them, any suggestion?
>
> =(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & T58,$M$2:$M$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &
> (T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$M$2:$M$2500))/(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &
> T58,$D$2:$D$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & (T58+
> TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$D$2:$D$2500))
>
>
> -- 
> thanks 


0
biffinpitt (3172)
10/29/2009 1:26:19 AM
hi, i'm using excel2007 and at the moment there are no time entries, but 
eventually they will fill up, i want to use an index and match formula 
similar to this =INDEX(P43:P54,MATCH(MAX(R43:R54),R43:R54,0))  which is 
dependent on there being no #DIV/0! errors, since it will be a while till the 
cells fill up with data, i was wondering if the #DIV/0! can be removed so the 
index and match formula will work?

thanks
-- 
thanks


"T. Valko" wrote:

> What version of Excel are you using?
> 
> The portion of the formula that will cause the #DIV/0! error is when this 
> evaluates to 0:
> 
> (SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &T58,$D$2:$D$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & 
> (T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$D$2:$D$2500))
> 
> That can result in 0 for 2 reasons:
> 
> Either there are no time entries that meet the criteria  or,
> 
> There are time entries that meet the criteria but the values (if any) sum to 
> 0.
> 
> -- 
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> 
> 
> "Morgan" <Morgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:C59909A8-0650-4101-ACDD-2CEDCCE38014@microsoft.com...
> > hi there, i have this formula below, and i somehow want to incorporate 
> > this
> > =IFERROR(B1/C1,"") into it with the purpose of having the cell display
> > nothing instead of #DIV/0! so that the column of data can then allow an 
> > index
> > and match formula to work as it won't if any of the cells have #DIV/0! in
> > them, any suggestion?
> >
> > =(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & T58,$M$2:$M$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &
> > (T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$M$2:$M$2500))/(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &
> > T58,$D$2:$D$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & (T58+
> > TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$D$2:$D$2500))
> >
> >
> > -- 
> > thanks 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Morgan (35)
10/29/2009 3:09:02 AM
>i'm using excel2007

Ok, that makes things a lot easier!

Just put your formula inside the IFERROR function:

=IFERROR((SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">="&T58,$M$2:$M$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">="&(T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$M$2:$M$2500))/(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">="&T58,$D$2:$D$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">="&(T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$D$2:$D$2500)),"")

-- 
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP


"Morgan" <Morgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:09143227-7894-4E9C-A72C-A6B54BD81329@microsoft.com...
> hi, i'm using excel2007 and at the moment there are no time entries, but
> eventually they will fill up, i want to use an index and match formula
> similar to this =INDEX(P43:P54,MATCH(MAX(R43:R54),R43:R54,0))  which is
> dependent on there being no #DIV/0! errors, since it will be a while till 
> the
> cells fill up with data, i was wondering if the #DIV/0! can be removed so 
> the
> index and match formula will work?
>
> thanks
> -- 
> thanks
>
>
> "T. Valko" wrote:
>
>> What version of Excel are you using?
>>
>> The portion of the formula that will cause the #DIV/0! error is when this
>> evaluates to 0:
>>
>> (SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &T58,$D$2:$D$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &
>> (T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$D$2:$D$2500))
>>
>> That can result in 0 for 2 reasons:
>>
>> Either there are no time entries that meet the criteria  or,
>>
>> There are time entries that meet the criteria but the values (if any) sum 
>> to
>> 0.
>>
>> -- 
>> Biff
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>>
>>
>> "Morgan" <Morgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:C59909A8-0650-4101-ACDD-2CEDCCE38014@microsoft.com...
>> > hi there, i have this formula below, and i somehow want to incorporate
>> > this
>> > =IFERROR(B1/C1,"") into it with the purpose of having the cell display
>> > nothing instead of #DIV/0! so that the column of data can then allow an
>> > index
>> > and match formula to work as it won't if any of the cells have #DIV/0! 
>> > in
>> > them, any suggestion?
>> >
>> > =(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & T58,$M$2:$M$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &
>> > (T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$M$2:$M$2500))/(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &
>> > T58,$D$2:$D$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & (T58+
>> > TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$D$2:$D$2500))
>> >
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > thanks
>>
>>
>> .
>> 


0
biffinpitt (3172)
10/29/2009 3:26:11 AM
that was so simple, lol, thank you for your help! cheers



"T. Valko" wrote:

> >i'm using excel2007
> 
> Ok, that makes things a lot easier!
> 
> Just put your formula inside the IFERROR function:
> 
> =IFERROR((SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">="&T58,$M$2:$M$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">="&(T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$M$2:$M$2500))/(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">="&T58,$D$2:$D$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">="&(T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$D$2:$D$2500)),"")
> 
> -- 
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> 
> 
> "Morgan" <Morgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:09143227-7894-4E9C-A72C-A6B54BD81329@microsoft.com...
> > hi, i'm using excel2007 and at the moment there are no time entries, but
> > eventually they will fill up, i want to use an index and match formula
> > similar to this =INDEX(P43:P54,MATCH(MAX(R43:R54),R43:R54,0))  which is
> > dependent on there being no #DIV/0! errors, since it will be a while till 
> > the
> > cells fill up with data, i was wondering if the #DIV/0! can be removed so 
> > the
> > index and match formula will work?
> >
> > thanks
> > -- 
> > thanks
> >
> >
> > "T. Valko" wrote:
> >
> >> What version of Excel are you using?
> >>
> >> The portion of the formula that will cause the #DIV/0! error is when this
> >> evaluates to 0:
> >>
> >> (SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &T58,$D$2:$D$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &
> >> (T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$D$2:$D$2500))
> >>
> >> That can result in 0 for 2 reasons:
> >>
> >> Either there are no time entries that meet the criteria  or,
> >>
> >> There are time entries that meet the criteria but the values (if any) sum 
> >> to
> >> 0.
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Biff
> >> Microsoft Excel MVP
> >>
> >>
> >> "Morgan" <Morgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:C59909A8-0650-4101-ACDD-2CEDCCE38014@microsoft.com...
> >> > hi there, i have this formula below, and i somehow want to incorporate
> >> > this
> >> > =IFERROR(B1/C1,"") into it with the purpose of having the cell display
> >> > nothing instead of #DIV/0! so that the column of data can then allow an
> >> > index
> >> > and match formula to work as it won't if any of the cells have #DIV/0! 
> >> > in
> >> > them, any suggestion?
> >> >
> >> > =(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & T58,$M$2:$M$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &
> >> > (T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$M$2:$M$2500))/(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &
> >> > T58,$D$2:$D$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & (T58+
> >> > TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$D$2:$D$2500))
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > -- 
> >> > thanks
> >>
> >>
> >> .
> >> 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Morgan (35)
10/29/2009 4:07:01 AM
You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback!

-- 
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP


"Morgan" <Morgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:725AB498-5C06-4D75-B723-7B411B3632A6@microsoft.com...
> that was so simple, lol, thank you for your help! cheers
>
>
>
> "T. Valko" wrote:
>
>> >i'm using excel2007
>>
>> Ok, that makes things a lot easier!
>>
>> Just put your formula inside the IFERROR function:
>>
>> =IFERROR((SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">="&T58,$M$2:$M$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">="&(T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$M$2:$M$2500))/(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">="&T58,$D$2:$D$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">="&(T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$D$2:$D$2500)),"")
>>
>> -- 
>> Biff
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>>
>>
>> "Morgan" <Morgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:09143227-7894-4E9C-A72C-A6B54BD81329@microsoft.com...
>> > hi, i'm using excel2007 and at the moment there are no time entries, 
>> > but
>> > eventually they will fill up, i want to use an index and match formula
>> > similar to this =INDEX(P43:P54,MATCH(MAX(R43:R54),R43:R54,0))  which is
>> > dependent on there being no #DIV/0! errors, since it will be a while 
>> > till
>> > the
>> > cells fill up with data, i was wondering if the #DIV/0! can be removed 
>> > so
>> > the
>> > index and match formula will work?
>> >
>> > thanks
>> > -- 
>> > thanks
>> >
>> >
>> > "T. Valko" wrote:
>> >
>> >> What version of Excel are you using?
>> >>
>> >> The portion of the formula that will cause the #DIV/0! error is when 
>> >> this
>> >> evaluates to 0:
>> >>
>> >> (SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &T58,$D$2:$D$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &
>> >> (T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$D$2:$D$2500))
>> >>
>> >> That can result in 0 for 2 reasons:
>> >>
>> >> Either there are no time entries that meet the criteria  or,
>> >>
>> >> There are time entries that meet the criteria but the values (if any) 
>> >> sum
>> >> to
>> >> 0.
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Biff
>> >> Microsoft Excel MVP
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Morgan" <Morgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:C59909A8-0650-4101-ACDD-2CEDCCE38014@microsoft.com...
>> >> > hi there, i have this formula below, and i somehow want to 
>> >> > incorporate
>> >> > this
>> >> > =IFERROR(B1/C1,"") into it with the purpose of having the cell 
>> >> > display
>> >> > nothing instead of #DIV/0! so that the column of data can then allow 
>> >> > an
>> >> > index
>> >> > and match formula to work as it won't if any of the cells have 
>> >> > #DIV/0!
>> >> > in
>> >> > them, any suggestion?
>> >> >
>> >> > =(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & 
>> >> > T58,$M$2:$M$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &
>> >> > (T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$M$2:$M$2500))/(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" &
>> >> > T58,$D$2:$D$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & (T58+
>> >> > TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$D$2:$D$2500))
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > -- 
>> >> > thanks
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> .
>> >>
>>
>>
>> .
>> 


0
biffinpitt (3172)
10/29/2009 4:48:49 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

CRM 3.0 Implementation
I am interested in the experiences of others with implementing Microsoft CRM 3.0. I am a one man development team who has been tasked with implementing CRM 3.0 with 30 users initially. Our organization has been running on Lotus Notes for quite a while. We moved to echange for e-mail over a year ago but still use Lotus for custom databases. The first step will be pulling the data from Lotus Notes to CRM. I have looked into the Microsoft CRM 3.0 Certification. There is a company that offers a 10 day CRM 3.0 boot camp. Is this a good idea, and at what point should I take it? We would lik...

How to remove a master category
How do you delete a master category once it's been created and no longer needed for a contact or calendar entry? ...

Remove extra rows in Spreadsheet
I have an 2003 excel spreadsheet. I would like to reduce the number of rows which my stroll bar would see. For a next sheet, I can get this. Once I sroll for more row, they remain. When I do a delete, the number of row down, I would like to reduce all of the extra rows which my stroll bar will see. Thank You, Gary The number of rows is fixed (on XL2003 this is 65536), and you can't remove unused ones. However, you can hide them - click on the row identifier for the first unused row to highlight it, then hold down the <shift> key and press <end> once followed by <...

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc
Hello, First let me explain the scenario where i m using this requirement. We are Using CustomAppWizard and designing a wizard .One of the wizard pages will Insert Composite controls as many as the user wants . 1.So i should be able to dynamically insert ATL controls without using Insert Control Dailog. 2. can any one tell me how to dynamically create Template file in TEMPLATE folder of resource view . 3. I want to include many files created by templet files and add them to build by editing newproj.inf Is it possible to do this. 4.I would even like to know if i have 2 ifles in my C drive h...

Removing multiple users from Outlook
We did some computer switching, which involved uninstalling a copy of Office XP and replacing it with a copy of Office 2003. Now when I open Outlook, it makes me choose a user. This wasn't in the .pst file which was transferred for the other computer, but apparenly it was on this computer someplace. How can I get Outlook to simply open for the one account without that dialog box popping up? Aloha Annie, Control Panel | Mail | Show Profiles...remove any profiles you don't want. Select the one you do want and set it as the default. (if there are more than one left) -Ben-...

I cannot get the pictures to show on screen in Publisher web previ
I have tried embedding and linked but nothing seems to work. Do I have to apply a master page? It is to be a one page web site. This is probably so basic but I am trying to teach myself how to use it. What do I have to do to have them show in preview and once uploaded? Thank you. Are you using FireFox to preview or IE? DavidF "rendul" <rendul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9B0A640-6C87-4E9A-8A0E-5F32F7DAC0DE@microsoft.com... >I have tried embedding and linked but nothing seems to work. Do I have to > apply a master page? It is to be a one ...

code examples for BITS
Hi, I am looking for sample codes for programming background intelligent transfer service..I was able to see sample code in .NET, but I'm specifically looking for VC++ 6.0 (command-line application).Please help me.. Thanks, NKH ...

Vlookup returns "0"
I am using the following formula =VLOOKUP($A$1,'Data Sheet'!$A$11:$BH$15,3,FALSE and it is returning a zero if there is no data found in that cell. If there is no data found I would like it to display nothing. How can I do this? Carolyn, There are a couple ways so do this. One is to test it, which makes for doing the VLOOKUP function twice. 1) =if(VLOOKUP($A$1,'Data Sheet'!$A$11:$BH$15,3,FALSE)=0, "" , VLOOKUP($A$1,'Data Sheet'!$A$11:$BH$15,3,FALSE)) This gets a little messy. Better yet, and simpler is to hide the original cell (column, whatever), an...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem
I am developing a database on a XP SP2 machine. On a form I have created some buttons with event procedures that run 2 queries and open a form. I sent the db to someone running Access 2007 on a Vista machine and nothing happens when she clicks the buttons and there are no messages. I know nothing about Vista so thanks in advance for any help. Tim Might be a reference problem, have them open the open a code window and click tools references. See what says missing and tell them what should be there, Add it and it should work. Duff "Tim Reid" <TimReid@discussions.micr...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06
Hello, I'me getting this error while installing crm3.0 for SBS: "error writing to file microsoft.mshtml.dll verify that you have access to that directory" That file is in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies directory. I (and 'everyone') has full access to that dir. What can I do about this?? kind regards, Thomas ...

Macro for Sharepoint List and another Table?? Same # records?
I am creating a database which we have a form made up of prepopulated data (from a sharepoint list) and also data input needed by a user (for example, comments, etc.). I have two tables: one sharepoint list that is linked to sharepoint website and another table that houses the additional user inputs [table 2]. I have linked the files based on the primary key. So, every record in my table 2 has a plus sign and it will expand and you will see the linked data from the sharepoint list. Is there a way that I can automatically create a record for every corresponding record ...

Joining text with a formula in cell #4
just to complete the thread... I found the answer. You have to change the format of the cell to custom 0.00"*" this is the only way it will show only 2 decimal places Thanks for the hel -- Mustard Hea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mustard Head's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27700 ...

changing values of one field based on another
How can I best change the values of one field in a table based on values of another field of the same table. We have an existing table of thousands of entries and I would like to use the following logic to populate a new boolean field. If field1 = "Done" Then BooleanFieldCompleted = True I have some Excel VBA experience but limited Access. I dont want to do this manually! Any assistance appreciated. In general, you'd use an Update query. However, in this case I don't see why you'd need such a field. Why not just create a query with a computed field that returns True...

Extending formulas
Subject: Extending formulas Hi, For my application that uses Excel for calculations. I need to be able to extend the forula base of Excell with complex scientifc functions. Is there a way to add new functions to the Excel function base? Thanks Spx. MS has provided Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize Excel with new functions, commands, forms, menus, etc. Tools|Macro|Visual Basic Editor From the VBA editor Insert Module Then write your functions in VBA. Details of writting functions in VBA is a very big topic, http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut01.htm may help y...

Getting the BCC field by default.
I would like the BCC field to show by default but cannot find the setting for this in 2007. Anyone know where this is located? In a new message window, use the Options chunk to display the "Show BCC." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, JC HARRIS asked: | I would like the BCC field to show by default but cannot find the | setting for this in 2007. Anyone know where this is located? Thanks Milly. I had...

CRM 3.0 Login Problems
Some specific users are constantly getting prompted for CRM login in Outlook. We are using desktop client (online) online. This happens randomly. We have CRM 3.0 with rollup update 2 and IE7. We have also applied this fix http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/934243/en-us. Also added the crm site to local intranet zone. Please help. Thanks. set the authentication in IE check rollup update 2 -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "raj" wrote: >...

Copying Data in a cell in one sheet to a cell in another sheet
I've run into a problem trying to copy data from a cell in one sheet to another. I have a spreadsheet called "rating" which contains a number of formula that calculates a final number. I also have a spreadsheet called "Final" that copies over the information from "Rating". In "Final", I'm trying to copy a number from "Rating" into a particular cell. I put in =Rating! G89, but it won't work. When I press enter, a window pops up "Update value:Rating". I press enter again and in the cell where I want the number ...

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0
Hi When you try to change the campaign response views to have customer as sorting CRM gives an error. You can't even click on customer column to sort when it's now customer that is default sorting. Is this a bug ? same here. I think its a bug "Help needed" wrote: > Hi > > When you try to change the campaign response views to have customer as > sorting CRM gives an error. You can't even click on customer column to sort > when it's now customer that is default sorting. > > Is this a bug ? > > > > ...

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003
It seems whenever the data source is altered, the merge code fields have to be reinserted in the Publisher document. Is this normal? The data source starts in Excel and is then saved as a .txt file to retain number formatting on final merge. ...

how do I import my contacts from IncrediMail 2.0 to MOutlook2007
I am new to using microsoft outlook 2007 and am searching for a way to upload my contact list, from Incredimail 2.0 to Outlook 2007. Any help would be definitely appreciated, thanks! How do I save my IncrediMail Address Book and move it to a different location? http://help.incredimail.com/incredimail/help_center/help_article.aspx?is=t&article_id=67&lang_id=9 In Outlook - File --> Import and Export ... import the CSV file created via process noted above Karl -- ____________________________________________________________ Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group Co...

automating email marketing with workflow in CRM 4.0
Hello, I am attempting to prepare a client demo that demonstrates some of the features of Microsoft CRM 4. The potential client is a staffing agency, and I have spent some time thinking about how they might use the product. Here is a business process I have thought up that, if I could get it to work, would be great to show at a demo. 1. An account calls about an opportunity. The opportunity is entered. The opportunity has certain skills attached to it, such as: SQL Server, Linux, C#, etc 2. Contacts (candidates) also have certain skills attached to them, such as: SQL Server, Linux, C...

Need to add to current formula
I have this formula that will cause values to change based on the mont that is referenced in the formula ($L$1). Currently the formul is:=VLOOKUP($A$1,$AD$7:$AG$44,IF($L$1="January",2,IF($L$1="February",2,IF($L$1="March",2,IF($L$1="April",2,IF($L$1="MAY",4,IF($L$1="June",3,IF($L$1="July",3,0))))))),0) I need to add August, September, October, November, & December to thi formula but excel is not allowing me. Does anyone know how I can get around this? Oh by the way November thru April =2, May and October=4 and June thr...

Can i use conditional formating on a cell when it contains a formula?
I am trying a "conditional formatting" on a cell that contains formula, but it didn't work. "If cell value is equal to 0 then font - white" This doesn't work, stays always. If i use this condition on a cell without formula it works just fine. Thank -- si ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26784 Hi are you sure your formula returns an exact zero?. Could you post the formul...

Getting rid of selection
How can I get rid of the selection rectangle? It seems that it's always there, with a heavy black rectangle, or there's a light black rectangle marking where it was. I'm trying to get rid of it altogether, so I can capture an image of the sheet for use in a webpage. I can achieve the effect that I want by selecting a cell which is outside the area that I'm trying to capture, but now that I've found that I cannot get rid of it entirely, it is driving me nuts trying to do so. -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk You could al...

SUTA state message on Pay Code Integration
I'm having trouble importing pay codes that are based on another code, such as Sick and Vacation. These records get rejected with the error message "pay code 'V' requires a SUTA state". I have a SUTA state in the Emp Maint window and the HOURLY pay code already exists and contains a SUTA state. I tried mapping the SUTA State code in my file and even tried using a Constant value in Destination mapping but these codes will not import. I can go into the Pay Code Maintenance window and add these codes manually with no problem. What am I missing? ...