in Excel: How do I change "selected cells" highlight color?

When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely
tell which cells are selected from those that are not. Can I change the
background color of cells that are selected?
Thanks.

Assuming Excel 2007 this is a known problem and as yet no patch for it.

I don't have Excel 2007 but I have read that playing with your Contrast can help
some.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:51:00 -0700, flameretired
<flameretired@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely
>tell which cells are selected from those that are not. Can I change the
>background color of cells that are selected?
>Thanks.

0
Gord
6/10/2008 8:54:53 PM
Yes, it is Excel 2007. Sorry for the oversight, and thank you for the
information. I'll keep my eyes 'peeled'.
Thanks, again.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Assuming Excel 2007 this is a known problem and as yet no patch for it.
>
> I don't have Excel 2007 but I have read that playing with your Contrast can help
> some.
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:51:00 -0700, flameretired
> <flameretired@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely
> >tell which cells are selected from those that are not. Can I change the
> >background color of cells that are selected?
> >Thanks.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet?  It's driving me CRAZY!!!!

Thanks, Treena

"flameretired" wrote:

> Yes, it is Excel 2007. Sorry for the oversight, and thank you for the
> information. I'll keep my eyes 'peeled'.
> Thanks, again.
>
> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
> > Assuming Excel 2007 this is a known problem and as yet no patch for it.
> >
> > I don't have Excel 2007 but I have read that playing with your Contrast can help
> > some.
> >

> > Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
> >
> > On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:51:00 -0700, flameretired
> > <flameretired@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely
> > >tell which cells are selected from those that are not. Can I change the
> > >background color of cells that are selected?
> > >Thanks.

0
treenaj (2)
6/24/2009 6:44:01 PM
Gord has told you all there is to know.
The very faint colour is a pain for some and seems to be monitor related
(and a bug!)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"treenaj" <treenaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone found a fix for this yet?  It's driving me CRAZY!!!!
>
> Thanks, Treena
>

> "flameretired" wrote:
>
>> Yes, it is Excel 2007. Sorry for the oversight, and thank you for the
>> information. I'll keep my eyes 'peeled'.
>> Thanks, again.
>>
>> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>>
>> > Assuming Excel 2007 this is a known problem and as yet no patch for it.
>> >
>> > I don't have Excel 2007 but I have read that playing with your Contrast
>> > can help
>> > some.
>> >

>> > Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

0
bliengme (657)
6/24/2009 7:15:56 PM
Darn... I was hoping that a fix had been found or created since October... oh
well, I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that something will come up.

Thanks, Treena

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> Gord has told you all there is to know.
> The very faint colour is a pain for some and seems to be monitor related
> (and a bug!)
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>

> "treenaj" <treenaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone found a fix for this yet?  It's driving me CRAZY!!!!
> >
> > Thanks, Treena
> >

> > "flameretired" wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, it is Excel 2007. Sorry for the oversight, and thank you for the
> >> information. I'll keep my eyes 'peeled'.
> >> Thanks, again.

0
treenaj (2)