importing text file into excel file using macro

Hi,

How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this proces
run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doin
it. I have attached a text file for your reference.

Thanks,
An

                 Attachment filename: rdata.txt
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66130

>Hi,
>How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can
this process
>run on form menu button? Please help and give me some
ideas of doing
>it. I have attached a text file for your reference.
You can easily import text file into excel using macro by
first start recording a macro, then setting a IMPORT
EXTERNAL DATE option from the DATA menu. Then you find the
file you wanna import, you put the forms you want in it (
like FIXED WIDTH and colomn separation and remember that
the macro will only ask you which file you wanna import
and not the set up again, so you might wanna set it up
right the first time )and then you click finish and if
you'd like the macro to perform some other action (like
putting in the columns name or format) just continue with
the macro then press stop. As easy as that !
0
anonymous (74722)

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Maximum file sizes

File size #11

find action on log file

Linking files 2 ways

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

I need a macro

using the journal on outlook