IMPORTING A FORM

I have to fill out a payroll form each week for each contractor showing
gross, deductions, net, hours and wages for each one. I have a form in
formtoolv5 that I go in and edit. My quickbooks will download the payroll
information I need into excel, but is there a way I can import this form and
it would put things in the proper columns? I can not figure out how to do it
in excel. I am very new to excel and all I have managed to accomplish is a
headache. Any info would be helpful.

0
btrmom11 (1)

I'm not familiar with FormTool v5.  Where can we find out some more about it?
 Part of Quickbooks?  Is that form placing the data into QuickBooks?

Can you describe the process you're going through now?  That is
Step 1: enter data into form from FormTool
Step 2: do something magic with Quickbooks
Step 3: more magic with QB to move data to Excel?

That kind of thing?

You probably cannot import the form into Excel - probably not in a structure
or format that Excel uses for its own forms.  But that's not an absolute -
someone else familiar with it may know of a way.

But if Quickbooks is always putting new data into a known location, it is
very likely that a macro could be created to then move the information into
other locations within the workbook.

If you want to explore this possibility further, feel free to contact me at
(remove spaces)
HelpFrom @ jlathamsite.com
be sure and reference this discussion and remind me in the email what your
situation is if you do.

"btrmom11" wrote:

> I have to fill out a payroll form each week for each contractor showing
> gross, deductions, net, hours and wages for each one. I have a form in
> formtoolv5 that I go in and edit. My quickbooks will download the payroll
> information I need into excel, but is there a way I can import this form and
> it would put things in the proper columns? I can not figure out how to do it
> in excel. I am very new to excel and all I have managed to accomplish is a
> headache. Any info would be helpful.

faxing form
Is there a way to fax the form page via the fax modem on my computer? Create a report based on your form then fax the resulting report. Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=231797 hopefully it is what you are looking for. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault If this post was helpful, please rate it by using the vote buttons. "He cries for help" wrote: > Is there a way to fax the form page via the fax modem on my computer? "He cries for help" <Hecriesforhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:252D07EA-5886-4B0C-99...

reference to master form
Hello there I have master form and inside there is subform. If an event procedure uccur on subform, how can i get refence to the master form in order to change there things when the name of the master form is diffrent always? Roy Look in Access HELP for the "Parent." property. Your code will look something like: Me.Parent.... from within the subform. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "Roy Goldhammer" <roy@ho...

How can I refresh the master form from a subform?
Hello. On the After Update of the subform I am trying to refresh the Master form. I have tried things like Docmd.requery and Me.Refresh, but not sure what I am doing. Can you help me with this? Thanks. Iram Iram wrote: >On the After Update of the subform I am trying to refresh the Master form. I >have tried things like Docmd.requery and Me.Refresh, but not sure what I am >doing. Try using: Parent.Requery -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] ...

Modal Form from a child form
Hi, I have a little problem, I have a MDI form (Main Menu), this form open a child form (A), and I need to open a form B as modal form from form A. I can to this with showDialog(), but it open form B outside MDI form (Main Menu) and it is showed on the windows bar as another application opened. So the question is, there are any way to open a modal form from a child form inside a MDI form? Thanks El Alquimista wrote: > Hi, I have a little problem, I have a MDI form (Main Menu), this form > open a child form (A), and I need to open a form B as modal form from > form A. I c...

Data source for PivotTable-Form in ACCESS 2000
Hi, this drives me crazy, 4 years ago I defined in an ACCESS 2000 application a "PivotTable-Form". The resulting EXCEL table inclusive the "Data refresh" works perfect. I now want to update/change the query for the "Data Source" but cannot find which query is behind the "PivotTable-Form" or behind the resulting EXCEL spreadsheet. When editing the properties for the "PivotTable-Form" or the EXCEL spreadsheet the "Data Source" is always blank. Question: Where does Access 2000 or EXCEL 2000 hide the respective data source (Query)...

New Import Utility for RMS Store Ops and HQ!
Just a post to advise RMS users and partners that we have just released a new import utility for RMS. It works with both HQ and SO and allows importing of items only, but does allow for changes and updates. Priced at US $495 or GBP £275 for end users. Reseller discounts are available If you are interested please email me at rod@rsgplc.com with the subject RSG Import Utility Rod Barlow Retail Systems Group PLC (Microsft RMS Reseller UK) ...

Tying tables to forms
I have four connected tables that work well as table input but when I put them in a form some of the fields will not let me make entries. Does this happen because I am using the Id fields and subsequent data from the wrong tables? -- Taylor It sounds like you have created a non-updatable form. One cautionary note first: Don't tie your forms directly to the tables. Use queries instead. The queries will act as a stop light for which data is written and when. If more than one person tries to make a change to the same record at the same time, you will run into problems. From wha...

Stop Buttons showing when opening up form
I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes these buttons visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on start up, is it possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks for any Help.....Bob Private Sub ckbHelp_Click() If ckbHelp = True Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True End If If ckbHelp = False Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False End If End Sub Bob, In design view, set the property pf the *button* Visible=No Regards/Jacob "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote i...

Using Excel to design business forms
I have been using excel hit and miss to design business forms. I have been pretty successful but in many places I have found myself doing many inelegant things to get stuff to layout. Is there a good place to start looking to see how this is done properly, as I have seen many well done forms produced in excel. ...

Cannot view any form in crm 3.0
We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities, calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that with an restricted access code i can't do much. I have tried assigning different roles ...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...

How do I Import Alias'
I downloaded QSCImp.exe and imported a 45,000 item database,600 suppliers, and 1200 customers, but I do not know how to import the Alias. With the QSCImp folder there is a word document showing the file layout, but no executable file and there is no option to import the Alias in the QSCImp.exe program. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kinnard@donotspamBMS.com On the first screen when choosing the file you are importing and setting the connection to the database you want to choose Aliases from the Destination Table. It is entry 4 on the drop down list. Th...

Importing QIF files
I download and save the QIF file from my bank. I then import the file into Money 2004. When I review the enteries in my credit card relative to the QIF file I find the following: QIF: P7-ELEVEN 123456 Anytown VA M04: Eleven Anytown VA (Lost the "7-" and the store number) QIF: PJoe's 145345 Anytown VA M04: Joe S Anytown (lost the apostrophe, capitalized the "S", lost the state) QIF: PMR. CLEAN CAR WASH ANYTOWN VA M04: Mr Clean Car Wash Anytown (Lost the period, lost the state, lost the capitalization) I checked and in both cases there are no payee name va...

Import data from excel
I am a beginner in ACCESS. I have imported a table of transactions which contains unique doctor, unique practice and referrals (business transaction). I have created a unique doctor table with unique doctor ID and I have also create a separate unique table for practice with unique practice ID. I don't know how to connect the unique DOCTOR ID & unique PRACTICE ID into the transaction table, originally the transaction table has the doctor's name and practice's name. Can someone guide me the steps. Thanks. On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:29:01 -0800, Muichoi <Muichoi@discussions....

Minimizing form
Hi How can I minimize the current form? Thanks Regards DoCmd.Minimize in a command button code or other event. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:uBcRcE73HHA.3600@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > > > > How can I minimize the current form? > > > > Thanks > > > > Regards > > ...

Importing Contacts 04-15-04
When trying to import contacts into CRM I get the following message. "Microsoft outlook could not be started. Verify that outlook is installed on this computer." I have Outlook 2003 installed and also have installed the CRM Sales for Outlook ...

Import custom namespace in XSLT
Hi, I wanted to use the <msxsl:script> tag in a XSLT and include a .Net defined namespace. For ex: System.Web It seems the framework 1.1 does not work in a manner mentioned in the documentation. The framework gives me a run-time exception and does not transform the input file Have you come across such situations and were able to implement the same? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Alok Alok Sathaye wrote: > I wanted to use the <msxsl:script> tag in a XSLT and include a .Net defined > namespace. For ex: System.Web Then when declaring and/or using object...

Data Import/ Data Map Questions
Hello, I am developing a solution that will allow various new and updated entities to be loaded from several source systems into a Microsoft Dynamics 4.0 installation on an ongoing basis. There are some up- front components to the solution that detect new/changed source system data that are custom but I wanted to be able to use the built-in Data Import facilities within 4.0 to take the data from Excel files and load it into the CRM. I've looked at the sample code in the SDK and have been able to write code that will do this, including use of Picklist and Lookup (ie parent account) type ...

Quicken Import & Online Download has Messed Up Accounts
I'm a new Money 2005 user. Was using Quicken and got a new Notebook with Money Standard preinstalled. Liked it, and disliked Quicken's new version. But I use my desktop for my finances, not my notebook, so I downloaded the trial from the MS site, and I'm going to purchase it. My problem: I imported my Quicken data, and then I set up automatic online downloads. So I have multiple instances of some accounts. I know there is a "Merge Accounts" feature, but before trying it I took a good look at all the accounts, and I beleive I will end up with a real mess if I merge...

Need help importing from Entourage 2001 to X
Hello, I am trying to import from Entourage 2001 to X, when i choose to import from program and i go to the directory where Entourage 2001 is locate and try to selected, it won't let me selected the program. is there a work around for this? regard, SolarPunk On 10/3/03 08:06 AM, in article 749b1a48.0310030706.4312608b@posting.google.com, "SolarPunk" <solarpunk@fusionrain.com> wrote: > I am trying to import from Entourage 2001 to X, when i choose to > import from program and i go to the directory where Entourage 2001 is > locate and try to selected, it won't...

Sum of values in a form
Folks, I have read numerous threads on this topic, and understand that in order for my Sum() to work I need t ensure all references are made back to the Record Source. I have endeavoured to do this, but am still getting #Error. I am trying to Sum the revenue each tenant provides in a given date range, to give a total revenue figure. If the date range is a whole month, then the expression just takes the value of Rent PCM, and not Rent PCM * No. of Days, which would give some unusual results. My Expression looks like this: =Sum(Nz(IIf([Short Let]=-1,[Rent pcm],IIf(Day([Forms]...

importing excel spreadsheets into web-based applications
How do you automate importing data from an excel spreadsheet into a web-based applications. For example, a form on the web has fields for name, address, phone, email, etc. (some of the fields are required, some optional) and you have a spreadsheet with information for a 100 different people (or even 1 person), how do you fill in all the fields at once without having to cut and paste each field for each person. ...

Conditions on form calculated textbox
Hello, In a form called Schedule (based on the table Schedule) I have the following textboxes that are bound to the table Schedule: Time In, Time Out, Time Off, Anomaly and Overtime I also have an unbound textbox called HRS that gives me the result of the following equation: =[Time Out] - [Time In] - [Time Off] - [Anomaly] + [Overtime] The above result gives me the daily hours that someone worked. The formating is decimal, as an example. 16.5 (4:30) - 7.5 (7:30) - 1.0 - 1.0+ 3.0 = 10.0 I also added another figure for lunch the hour [16.5 (4:30) - 7.5 (7:30) - 1.0 - 1.0...

Editing Password protected form fields in Word 2007
We have created a Word document with a legacy text form field. We inserted a word date field and protected the document allowing Filling in Forms. After protecting the document when we try going to the form field and clicking on back space to delete the entry we get "This is not a valid selection" message box. We have existing word documents in 2003 with similar form fields. We were able to delete the entries and add new data. After converting the documents to 2007 or create new documents in 2007 and try to delete the entries we get the above error. Hi Veera, ...