Important Information about Microsoft

Information about Microsoft =85Visit www.FreeExamKing.com
0
bob2rickey (37)

Using Microsoft Help: Add Text Boxes, etc.
Fellow posters: I have MS Excel 2000 (v. 9.0.3821) and need help on working with its map function--the MS Map in my Excel is MapInfo version 8.0. I have never used it before. My eventual goal is to import this map into a MS Word document. For a upcoming report, I'd like to do a few maps of the U.S., where I'd be able to congregate neighboring states together into separate regions and add some text annotation. I'd also like to individually color selected states. After receiving help from a Word group and some hair-pulling, I managed to create a map in MS Map, put it in MS Excel, ...

When i spell check an email Microsoft Installer pops up..
and says it is configuring Microsoft Works 2000. It just stays on this and then lots of error messages pop up. If i cancel this it then says an error occured while the spelling was being checked. Can anyone help me please. Have you done a repair already on both Office and Works (if installed)? -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Julian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10d5501c440a7$7c339d50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > and says it is configur...

Importing Mail Acccounts
Using OL 2003 how do I import mail accounts from OL2000. I have exported them to a folder, but I am unable to find out how to import thenm into OL2003 Rob In what format were they origonally exported? From recollection, of OL2k you could have imported ccounts to Outlook Express, then Import account settings from OE once 2003 was set up. I seem to recollect that the passwords are not retained "Whenever" <qwerty@nospam.net> wrote in message news:-5-dndEm9qB86OjXnZ2dnUVZ8kCdnZ2d@bt.com... > Using OL 2003 how do I import mail accounts from OL2000. I have exported &g...

Import Data using Forms
Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can set up a form to import an excel sheet into an exisiting table in access? Thank you!! You can use the TransferSpreadsheet Method to import a spreadsheet. The click event of the button would run the code you write for the import. "carolini" <carolini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A30B2F52-96CD-421B-A940-A200A0D129CF@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can anyone tell me how I can set up a form to import an excel sheet into > an > exisiting table in access? > > Thank you!! > On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:24...

import number data doesn't allow summing
I'm importing a txt file. one of the columns contains numbers. After import, I am unable to sum or perform any number manipulation. I'd appreciate any help Thanks Craig Hi Craig probably the numbers are stored as text format. Try the following: 1. Format the column as number/general (goto 'Format - Cells') 2. Enter a 1 in an empty cell, select this cell and copy this cell (CTRL+C) 3. Select the column with your numbers and goto 'Edit - Paste Special'. Select the action 'Multiply' That should work Frank craig wrote: > I'm importing a txt file. one of...

Importing Products #2
As a reseller I have many products from various suppliers. I now have these in my product catalogue. I periodically receive updated price list, some each quarter some every 6 months. With the new price list some items remain the same, some have a price increase other a decrease. The increase is typically not a certain percentage across the board. Understand that I have thousands of products in my catalogue. The question is how can I import these and if there is any change re-write the same product with the new price. The product ID and decription remain the same. In CRM 3.0 (I am using...

Microsoft Money 2005 to Money Plus Deluxe
I am running Money 2005,and my online updates have expired.If I upgrade to Money Plus Deluxe,will it transfer my data from 2005 into the new Money Deluxe? -- Thank you,T-Bone Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'll need to repost your question to a newsgroup related to Money. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "T-Bone" <TBone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0566E75F-3665-4421-9099-8F55D4C6B459@microsoft.com... >...

microsoft.public.access.conversion
microsoft.public.access.conversion ...

View Account Information from a Custom Form
I want to view account info from a custom form as reference data. This would be a little like an IFrame I guess. I only need a read-only view of the account data, but I still would like it available from a tab. Any suggestions? -- Mark Add an IFrame with a link to: http://server/_forms/readonly/readonly.aspx?obTypeCode=1&id={guid here} hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "Mark" wrote: > I want to view account info from a custom form as reference data. This would > be a little like an IFrame I guess. I only ...

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook.
Hi, I get the following error when I try to open Outlook 2002 : Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. You do not have permission to log on. Can anyone help? Thanks, Annie. What operating system? What did you change between the time you last opened Outlook and when you could not? Nothing is not a good answer <g> -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Annie <annie.das@gidk.com> typed: | Hi, | | I get the following error when I try to open Outlook | 2002 : | | Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Y...

microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel
Hi, I'm writing some code that uses FSCTL_GET_NTFS_FILE_RECORD to read the FileName attribute from MFT file records. I've noticed that, for most records, the DataSize, AllocatedSize and LastWriteTime are accurate when compared to the values in win explorer file properties. However, for some more recent files/records the size values are always 0 and the timestamp is incorrect. Has anyone experienced this issue? I'm hoping to gain an understanding of how/when NTFS updates the record with the correct values. Thanks. -- Matt ...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, miti...

importing graphic file msgbox flashes when changing records, turn
I have developed a form that uses the VBA code from the Employees Form in the Northwind database. The path of any graphic file (.jpg, .png, or .bmp) I choose is added to my main table and the graphic is displayed in an imageframe object on the form. I have noticed when I change from one record to another, that a msgbox announcing the image's path is being imported flashes briefly in the center of the form right before the image appears in the imageframe area. This does not happen when the file type is a .bmp file but it does for any other type. For a small file (12K or so...

Microsoft 2003
I would like to change the month on a calendar and have the date change and the recurring event/s stay on the day. i.e. Wednesday Dec. 24 Party if I change the month to January and on the 4th Wednesday of January there will be a party... I would like it to state it as that. Can it be done? No, however you could create a text box with the event on the 24th, copy/paste the text box to the next month and position it. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "churchgirl" <churchgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7413DC3-B94E-4F56-9FCC-E3B69D1E9446@microsoft...

support for Microsoft Access 97.
hi, Dose anyone know that Microsoft still provides support for MS access 97 or not? inchong@gmail.com wrote: >Dose anyone know that Microsoft still provides support for MS access >97 or not? MS does not provide support for A97 any more. However we'd be happy to assist. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/acc...

Re: Microsoft License Agreement
"Spike" <lester123_nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message news:... > Received a computer with Windows Vista. It also had the Microsoft Office > Suite 2003 - Word, Excel and Outlook. > > First time I opened up each of these programs, the License Agreement form > came up and I clicked on "I agree". Everything looked OK. > > I notice that each time I open one of these programs, the License > Agreement Form comes up, and I need to click "I agree". > > Is there something that can be done to prevent this Form from opening up >...

create target or placeholder for imported excel document?
I have a Publisher 2002 document that contains a table created in Excel and pasted into the document. This spreadsheet data is periodically renewed. I delete the old table and paste in a new Excel document created by a coworker. Is there a way to create a placeholder or target for pasting the spreadsheet into the same position? I'm spending too much time moving the new spreadsheet into position each time. Now in Publisher, I select table>delete table> In Excel, I select and copy the spreadsheet In Publisher I paste. The new selection pastes mostly off the template onto the work area...

Re: Importing Messages Into Mail.app 03-31-10
In article eA#TMaJ0KHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Michel Bintener at mbintener@NOmvpsSPAM.org wrote on 3/31/10 1:53 AM: > On 30/03/2010 23:48, Rick O'Shey wrote: >> Per your original suggestion, I'll try the rebuild first. I'll let you know >> if it resolves the problem. > > Ok. > >> BTW: What time zone are you in? > > CET. Well, I just got done rebuilding the database and importing Entourage into Mail.app, and the results are the same: Only the first folder and its subfolders contain any messages; the other folders and their...

CRM 1.2 Massmail Problems with the Subject Line of Microsoft CRM E 01-12-05
and the tracking number in. I saw, that there was an update for the CRM 1.0 to remove the tracking number. How can I remove this tracking number with the version 1.2? The actualy code that you saw for v1.0 is incorporated in v1.2. All you need to do is make the registry change talked about in that tech arrticle. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:37:01 -0800, "Alwin" <Alwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: and the tracking number in. I saw, that there was an update for t...

How see e-mail sender addres in chinese in my Microsoft outlook
I would like to see e-mail senders address in Chinese instead of ?? or ??? in my microsoft outllook, can any one help under Window 7 operation ...

Move 100gb Information Store
Hi , May I know how long it would take to move 100gb of Information store to another logical drive in Exchange 2003 Enterprise? I'll be using ESM to move the database. I'm going to add a Disk storage and connect it to the current Exchange 2003 Ent server for disk expansion. Thanks in advance. Hi, It depends on the speed of your disks... Are you just using single disks? scsi? sata? sas? ide?... Are you using RAID? 1? 5? 10? 0+1? You cannot give an et of the move as Exchange will move the database basically as fast as your disk IO can carry it. Oliver "TerenceTan"...

import from excel files
Is there a way to import inventory items in RMS? In situations with a large number of items, this would be much more efficient than having to manually set up each item in RMS. Is it possible to import my excel-based customer list in RMS. Please help me. Search the NG this has been discussed many times. Rob <arshitech@intnet.mu> wrote in message news:1150342691.789798.202510@y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to import inventory items in RMS? In situations with a > large > number of items, this would be much more efficient than having to > manually > ...

Microsoft Money has experienced an internal error
When I restore a backup file from money 99 to money2005 I get this error: "Microsoft Money has experienced an internal error and will have to restart" I have tried everything I know and that is why I am here. In microsoft.public.money, kcooper225 wrote: >When I restore a backup file from money 99 to money2005 I get this error: >"Microsoft Money has experienced an internal error and will have to restart" >I have tried everything I know and that is why I am here. Try this work around which will do a step conversion to allow Money 2006 to read your data. Micros...

import contacts from another computer failing
I'm running Outlook 2003 on both machines. Trying to copy the contacts from one machine to the other by saving the pst with only the contacts (tried with/without compression and all the other options). Then going to the new machine and opening up the pst file. It keeps saying "file name.pst is not a personal folders file." any ideas? This used to work for me, but not any more. Any other ideas? I'd also like to add all the other computer's contacts into the new computer's outlook file. Can't seem to do that either. thank you "Mix Head"...

Microsoft Publisher-MailMerge-Images
When I merge my addresses into Pubisher (I do a newsletter for my church) - when i print ... the images on the document are horrible-distorted. It's only when I do the mailmerge....I am printing on the best cannon HUGE printer you can use... When i chose to not do mailmerge it prints fine.... PLEASE help ... :( amy.wolfmeyer@gmail.com All images or just some? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Amy Wolfmeyer" <Amy Wolfmeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...