If I closed an excel doc without saving can I get it back? thx

I opened up 2 version of excel and tried to close one, I forgot the other was
opened and when I chose not to save it I lost my old one also.

If there anyway I can get it back?

I tried system restore but that was turned off also ;(

Thx for any help!
0
Unisom (1)

If that file was originally out on the drive, then you should be able to just
open it up and have the pre-changes-made version of it available.  However,
if you were creating it from scratch and closed without saving it, then it is
gone.

System Restore would never help in a case like this - System Restore does
not save user data; it is a system level recovery tool for those rough days
when you install a driver or other software that makes a mess of things.
System Restore is NO substitute for a backup.  Some good tools for backing up
your drives and folders, even a type of backup called an "image" that is a
snapshot of an entire drive including OS, are Acronis TrueImage and Norton
Ghost.  I personally prefer the Acronis product, others will no doubt
disagree with me.

"Unisom" wrote:

> I opened up 2 version of excel and tried to close one, I forgot the other was
> opened and when I chose not to save it I lost my old one also.
>
> If there anyway I can get it back?
>
> I tried system restore but that was turned off also ;(
>
> Thx for any help!
0
JLatham (219)
7/10/2006 8:05:01 PM
"2 Versions of Excel" and "Get it back" is confusing.

Excel is an application...........do you mean you had two identical copies of a
workbook open?

Please explain the actual conditions.

Unless these were newly-created unsaved files, they will still be on your
computer.

Your latest changes will not have been saved, but the originals should still be
there.

BTW....System Restore does not concern itself with data files like Excel
workbooks so restoring would not bring anything back.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:49:02 -0700, Unisom <Unisom@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I opened up 2 version of excel and tried to close one, I forgot the other was
>opened and when I chose not to save it I lost my old one also.
>
>If there anyway I can get it back?
>
>I tried system restore but that was turned off also ;(
>
>Thx for any help!

0
Gord

Problem with "Use Unicode Format when saving messages"
In outlook we have option to set "use Unicode format when saving messages"(outlook>tools>options>other >Advanced options),even though option is enabled, when ever I try "save as" the email into folder, it is showing Html format by default.However can drop down the list and select the Unicode format. But I need Unicode message format to be shown by default if I need to "save as" any email. Any Suggestion ? Regards, Sam That is not possible and that is not what this option controls. The option controls whether the default safe fo...

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

POST or GET?

get a result of an sql into a field

Save as .doc
In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? REBeyer wrote: > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as a Word doc, though. "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > REBeyer wrote: > > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? > > Not that I know of. You can save as ...

learning Excel #3

How do you invoke the Let and Get class Functions
I have create classes with the Let and Get functions and now I would like to use these functions to store and retrieve data in the class which will then be put into a collection. Here is the class functions: Private pBusPart As Double Private pStartTime As Date Private pIndex As Integer '''''''''''''''''''''' ' BusPart property '''''''''''''''''''''' Public Property Get BusPart() As Double BusPar...