if a2 = b2 then insert d2 in e2

Hi,

I am trying to combine information in 2 different sheets. Sheet one has a
column with numbers and a column with titles. Sheet two has a column with the
same numbers and other information I would like to use. What I would like to
do is pull the title information from sheet 1 into sheet 2 based on the
unique numbers. Below the title to 3263 is superdog and I want to insert
superdog in the column next to 3263 on sheet 2.

Sheet 1                                 Sheet 2
   A        B                                   A
1254     book                           3263
3263     superdog                     2456
2456     work for all                  7754
--
Jake
0

=vlookup(a1,sheet1!a:b,2,false)

will return the value in column B for the first match between A1 and sheet1
column A.

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes on =vlookup()
and
http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble

--

Dave Peterson
0

Insert GIF animated to RichEdit control....Could You Help Me Please
I have a problem on inserting a GIF to richedit, the problem is not viewing it, but it is playing it at richedit. I have a class that can play GIF animation, and I have converted it to an activeX, if I could pass this object to richedit control, and there I call its method so it can animated, do you have any suggestions on this. I wonder how MSN 6.0 plays EmotIcons. if you have other solutions, please help me on it. ...

Insert Word document into email body message
Would like to know if someone knows of a vba code whereby I can insert a Word document into to body of new message while still retaining all the Word document formatting code? ...

Insert a custom function in a cell by runnig a sub or through a macro.
I have a function named mysub and with parameters that has to be supplied to the function. I want that when the cell where the function is to be inserted, the user can type the arguments of the function sub after they have run the sub. Lets say, that after the sub is run, they get =mysub(..) with the cursor in between the parenthesis and so that they can move with typing of the arguments/parameter of the function. So, in summary, the advantage is that, the user should not type =mysub through the keyboard or they donot even need to remember that provied that there are large numbe...

Why does Publisher close when I try to insert a picture?
When I try to insert a picture in a Publisher newsletter, it immediately closes out Publisher and I have to open it again. The picture selection are doesn't stay up on the screen more than a second. What is wrong? Minnesota Grandma wrote: > When I try to insert a picture in a Publisher newsletter, > it immediately closes out Publisher and I have to open it > again. The picture selection are doesn't stay up on the > screen more than a second. What is wrong? ==================================== What version of Publisher? What version of Windows? And...are we discuss...

Want to write formula
Hello I want an if which checks two conditions If it was in C++ would look like this: if(H3 == "TRUE") || (B2 < B3) //update cell contents to "TRUE" The || is like an OR - ie can be this or that. Hopw can I do this in Excel VBA? Angus Hello Angus, If (Range("H3").text = "TRUE") or (Range("B2").value < Range ("B3").value) then .... Regards, Bernd =IF(OR(H3=TRUE,B2<B3,TRUE,FALSE) This can be simplified to OR(H3,B2<B3) Not I have not use quotes as in "TRUE" since you can type TRUE into a cell an it is...

add personal template to the insert worksheet dialog box
In Excel when you right click on the sheet tab and select 'Insert' the Insert dialog box opens. Clicking the second tab 'SpreadSheet Solutions' offers multiple templates to insert as a new tab. How do I add my own template to this list so that when I follow the steps I am inserting a template I created. Create the template then store it in this folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033 which is the Spreadsheet Solutions folder. Or in General Folder C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates Gord Dibben MS Exc...

Why is "Symbol" on the Insert menu not active?
"Symbol" is not enabled and cannot be selected. How do I remedy this? Have you selected the text box prior to attempting to insert the symbol? The symbol will remain grayed out until the text box is selected. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "HDavies" <HDavies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:228DB9EC-DFBA-4EF4-A683-0DE5A60A54B3@microsoft.com... > "Symbol" is not enabled and cannot be selected. How do I remedy...

Insert Column 2007
aHello I have recently installed Access 2007. When I'm in the Design View of any query the icon to Insert Column is greyed out and unavailable. I have closed the query, the datebase and restarted the PC, Access and checked different queries, different databases and the problem persists. Any ideas? Judith Try to mark a column & Hit Insert Pieter "JudithJubilee" <JudithJubilee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A44F079-25D2-4B1A-9AD2-89F76BEDCD30@microsoft.com... > aHello > > I have recently installed Access 2007. When I'm in the Desi...

Inserting notes
Can someone tell me how to make bulk insert of notes related to accounts in database? Thanks, M You can use the Data Migration Framework facility within the CRM product or get a third party software like Scribe. Scribe works like a middleware and will allow you to connect it to sources like your website for a steady stream of information flowing through your organization. But is it possible to use Data Migration Framework to insert notes? I read DMF is intended only for initial data to migrate. If I run DMF on existing data, will it corrupt any of the existing data? Thanks, M "m...

automatic insertion of row
If I insert one row to a block of data in one sheet, how can this be automatically added to another sheet with the same block of data? Thanks Group the worksheets prior to inserting the row by selecting the first worksheet then hold down the Ctrl key while selecting other worksheets. -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "renegade" wrote: > If I insert one row to a block of data in one sheet, how can this be > automatically added to another sheet with the same block of data? Thanks ...

Cannot insert sheets into the destination workbook
Hi, We are having a problem with Excel which I could do with a solution if possible. The situation is this we write a bespoke application which sits on an IBM Universe database which we access using a program called SBClient, one of the feature of this is we are able to run queries against the database and have the output export in to Excel. The problem we are having at the moment is when we try to run this query we get a message in Excel saying: "The file you are trying to open 'SBCLIENT.XLS' is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the...

insert html page directly ?
Hi, How do I insert an html file directly into an outlook message so that the html appears when the user reads the message ? The following methods don't work: o Highlight the html code from browser and paste it into the message. This method fails because various styles from the html header don't get applied. o Use the "insert file" menu choice. This method fails because the html gets inserted as an attachment rather than in-line. What is a simple way to do it ? Thanks. ericosman@rcn.com 7/17/03 If you open the file in IE, can you use Send Page? Eric Osman...

publisher 2003 will not insert MS clipart #2
Error message - Publisher cannot insert this picture into the publication. The appropriate graphic converter is not available. For information on running Setup to install converters, press F1. "Pub 2003 will not insert MS cliipart" wrote: > Error message - Publisher cannot insert this picture into the publication. > The appropriate graphic converter is not available. For information on > running Setup to install converters, press F1. p.s. to this message, F1 provides no information and I already cleared cache in IE tools. Did not work. Clipart will not insert. &qu...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Hi only possible with VBA using an event procedure. e.g. put the following code in your workbook module for cell A1 Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In Me.Worksheets With wkSht.PageSetup .CenterFooter = wksht.range("A1").value End With Next wkSht End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Ger...

Keeping a range constant when inserting rows
Hello, I'm trying to keep a range of cells constant within a function when I insert a row (e.g. average(a1:a6) becomes average(a1:a7) but I want it to keep the a1:a6 range). Even if I use absolute cell references ($a$1:$a$6), it doesn't help. I would greatly appreciate any ideas. Thanks, Jeff Jeff, In your formula, use: =AVERAGE(INDIRECT("A1:A6")) Absolute cell references (dollar signs) do one thing only: They keep any copies you make of the cell references from changing relatively as they're copied. They still change when the cells to which they refer are m...

Conditionally inserting image
Hi there, Does anyone out there know if its possible in Excel (2002) to conditionally insert an image into a file based upon the results of formula. So for instance... If a2 > 100 then [insert red traffic light image] Else If a2 > 50 then [insert amber traffic light image] Else [insert green traffic light image] Im familiar with VBA and wonder if that holds the solution but either way Im not sure how to reference each image (& dont know how each image is stored)? Any advice greatly appreciated. Phil You don't need an image. You can simply use conditional formatting on...

error 3061 with insert into sql
i have the following function. Public Function sqltest( ) Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "INSERT INTO [tblEmpOldDA] " & _ "SELECT 1 AS EmpSerialID ," & _ "[tblOldDA].FromDate ," & _ "[tblOldDA].ToDate ," & _ "[tblOldDA].Rate " & _ "FROM [tblOldDA] " CurrentDb.Execute strSQL End Function when i use this query it is throwing runtime error 3061 too few parameters. Expected 1 when i tried this with docomd.runsql, it is asking me for ...

Inserting decimal places
Is there a way to format a field so that it automatically inserts a decimal place? I want to enter dollar amounts without having to type in the decimal place, so that if I enter, say, 1234, it displays as 12.34. Thanks for any input. Richard Hi, double click the field to reveal the properties sheet, click on the "All" tab, you will see the decimal place option a short way down the list. "Richard Borgner" wrote: > Is there a way to format a field so that it automatically inserts a decimal > place? I want to enter dollar amounts without having to ty...

increase from A2 to A10000 by a percentage of 5%
I had series of prices on cell A. I want to increase those prices from A1:A10000 by 5% First, copy the datalist format. Click on a cell in the datalist and then click on the "Format Painter" icon (yellow paintbrush) and then click in a new, empty, unused cell. Now, in this formatted cell, key in 1.05. Right click in this cell and choose "Copy". Select the datalist, and right click in that selection. Choose "Paste Special", and click on "Multiply", then <OK>, then <Esc>. You can clear the cell containing the 1.05. -- HTH, RD --------...

Inserting formulas with PL/SQL
I'm not familiar with PL/SQL, but my friend is using it to place data into an Excel spreadsheet. She can place strings into the spreadsheet, but cannot figure out how to put in formulas. Specifically, she is trying to place web links into a column of cells. She is able to put in 'http://www...' as a string, but then cannot link from the cell. I suggested using Excel's hyperlink function, but again it ends up as a string, not a function. .... .... owa_util.mime_header(ccontent_type =>'application/vnd.ms-excel'); htp.p('ID;ORACLE'); htp.p('...

Insert Rows #2
I have a spreadsheet that "ends" at row 28. After this row the screen is grey and I there are no cells I can click into. It's as though I've reached the row limit, yet I can insert rows so that the limit extends. How do I reset this spreadsheet so that I can scroll down to the normal number of rows (65,000 or so)? Thanks! sounds like the rows are hidden. select all cells on the worksheet by clicking on the empty gray box just above and to the left of cell A1. Then click on format/rows/unhide. if you have hidden columns you can do the same for them (select all cell...

insert cells macro
Hi, I have a column of data that I need to insert 4 blank cells after each entry. I can figure out how to write a macro to insert one cell, but not four. These values are imported from data loggers that monitor temperatures of different things. Some readings are taken every 2 minutes, some every 10 minutes. What I am hoping to accomplish is to paste the readings taken every 10 minutes next to the readings taken every 2 minutes and have the times correspond to each reading like this: col A col b col c 10:00 68 72 10:02 69 10:04 72 10:06 65 10:08 70 10:10 ...

=?Utf-8?Q?Exchange_2003_=E2=80=93_Delegated_Mailbo?= =?Utf-8?Q?x_permissions_admin?=
Hey Exchange Community, I have setup delegated admin rights to a OU where all my users accounts etc of a division of my company reside. – This division’s IT Team can successfully create and administer users , create users, amend SMTP address, up limits, change group member ship etc etc. What I can’t seem to figure out and get working is how do I delegated the ability for this team to change mailbox permissions? – They keep getting ‘Access denied’. – I tried giving the group ‘Change Permissions’ at the Information Store Level within ESM to no avail.. Any thoughts or comments would be a...

Insert buttons
Is there and "insert row" and "insert column" in this Excel 2003? In the help search it says to "click Insert on the shortcut menu" I cannot find the button they are talking about. Thanks right click on your menu bar>customize>commands>insert>>>>>>> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Pam Grady" <Pam Grady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9701BEC4-682E-430B-A0CB-70C7DA051102@microsoft.com... > Is there and "insert row" and "insert column" in this Excel ...

Hyperlink is not updated after inserting rows.
Hi, Suppose I created a hyperlink that points to cell A10. If I insert a new row between rows 9 and 10, my "old" A10 cell now is A11. BUT, my hyperlink still points to A10. Is there any way to make it dinamically, it means, when I insert a new row, all hyperlinks are automatic updated ? .. Thanks. Flavio Hi, Consider using the hyperlink function to create the links: =HYPERLINK("#" & SUBSTITUTE(CELL("address",Sheet2!A4),LEFT (CELL("address",Sheet2!A4),FIND("]",CELL("address",Sheet2! A4))),""),"test") The a...