i want to plot a frequency spectrum.HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to plot a frequency spectrum chart. The problem is that the frequency
is not a specific number its a range like 5.0051MHz to 5.0689Mhz has power of
10mWatt .
how can it be done
0
Salman (15)

Not too sure I understand the problem. You must make an XY chart not a Line
chart
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Salman" <Salman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have to plot a frequency spectrum chart. The problem is that the
>frequency
> is not a specific number its a range like 5.0051MHz to 5.0689Mhz has power
> of
> 10mWatt .
> how can it be done

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
8/12/2008 7:19:51 PM
What i want is a bar chart with variable bar width and height simultaneously
like i have one frequency band that is 5.1 to 5.2 MHz with power 5watts so a
bar with 0.2 width and 5 height after that there is 5.2 to 6.4 MHz a band of
1.3 MHz so width relative to1.0MHz that is five times the width of the
previous bar.
Also can we have a logarithmic x axis scale for the bar chart
"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> Not too sure I understand the problem. You must make an XY chart not a Line
> chart
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> remove caps from email

0
Salman (15)

Help with labels and lines in chart
Hi all i am tracking a few things and i wanted to make some objects in the my chart reposition dynamicly as i change the scale i dont care if i have to do a little clean up but just that the postions stay correct i have attached a picture any suggestion would be greatly appreshated +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Unti.png | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5056 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- crash893 ---------------...

uploading a website, dumb stuff, but I need help
This is my first time, and go figure, Verizon is no help (my ISP). How can I make it work. I'm dumfounded. I created the html files in Publisher, but when I upload them using WS FTP, only the default (1st) page works, and none of the links work. How about you tell us what version of Windows and Publisher you are using? -- I'm going to guess you are using version 2002. I recommend you review my 2002 tutorial at www.davidbartosik.com/ppt.htm I also recommend you use our forum at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign -- David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP Visit www.davidbartosi...

Help with Input Mask
Hello, I'm a complete newbie trying to design a relatively simple data base for organizing choir music. I need to store arranger and composer names and be able to search for them. I will not need to track or display first and last names separately, so I would rather not use separate fields. But I need to have the data input consistently. Is there a way to create an input mask or validation rule to insure "Last name, First Name" format? Thank you, -- Leslie On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:12:00 -0700, leslie1165 wrote: > Hello, > > I'm a complete newbie trying t...

Need help with modifying VLookUp
I need some help with modifying a VLOOKUP function. I have the following data in cell range E1:G9. Col_E Col_F Col_G ===== ===== ===== Richard 1 A Richard 2 B Richard 3 C Sue 4 D Sue 5 E Sue 6 F Tom 7 G Tom 8 H Tom 9 I Cell A1 will have either one of the 3 names: Richard, Sue, Tom Then, in cell range A15:B17, I want to show the associated values of either name: - F1:G3, or - F4:G6, or - F7:G9 So, if A1 = ...

Please help me!!! Migrating from Outsourced Exchange to In-House
Hello I am faced with a rather difficult task and dilemma. Here is my scenario: My company currently hosts Microsoft Exchange 2003 with a third-party solution that hosts several thousand accounts from different companies on the same exchange server. We have built an in-house exchange server that is ready for deployment. I need to know the best and most seamless way to transition from the outsourced company to our in-house exchange so that mail delivery is not disrupted. The email address and domain name will remain the same. I have contacted several companies that offer tools for e...

Want to highlight all but first line
I have a large spreadsheet. I often want to highlight a couple of thousand rows from one point to the top *except* for the very first row. I highlight from the starting point to the top by selecting the bottommost row, and then ctrl/shift-Home to select all the way up through the top row. I thought I could then de-select the top row by pressing ctrl/click on the row number. But instead of deselecting the row, it de-selects the first cell in the row. The rows are very wide, so de-selecting each cell in it isn't practical. Can anyone tell me why ctrl/click on the first row number in th...

HELP RE: DISPLAY CHECK NUMBER ON PAYEE REPORT WITH
How do I get a historic payment reoport for a specific payee including check number, date, amount, and payee name? ie: "Car Loan Payment history for the period 1/1/01 thru today" Payee: Check # : Date: Amount: (and perhaps a running total or a final total) I think I have tried all the built in reports and can't find one to do this or modify existing to do this. I see this information in the "view payee details" window, listed in the format I require but when I select PRINT all that prints is the bar graph that is also displayed on this page. I ca...

Help #7
Sir, Question1. How to recover or check consitency using eseutil and other console commands? Question 2. At Present Exchange Server is in Live containing Database of 110 users Can We do clustering in exchange to fail over recovery. Did it will affect the existing data base Waiting for your reply regards Sathish kumar Hi, Eseutil is located at "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\BIN". This utility can be used for several things go to this directory then run eseutil, it will display all the options available. You can do exchange cluster, but you need to make sure you got Exchange E...

Help with this code please !!!!!!!
I have use the code set below in other files but in this new file I am getting an error on "Cells.Select". "Select method of Range class failed" Any idea whats going on? Sheets("Completions Summary").Select Cells.Select Selection.Copy Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues Application.CutCopyMode = False Range("A4").Select are you sure you have the sheet name correct? no need to select, i'd use something like this: With Worksheets("Completions Summary").Cells .Copy ...

help with weekdays between two dates
A little rusty with access - been away for a while. Wondering if someone could help me with determining the weekdays between two dates. a simple function of somekind using the date or count functions? Be great if it did stat holidays too but I know that's asking more than is possible? JT "Jim" <jimt@pioneers.ca> wrote in message news:2rWAj.66322$pM4.15431@pd7urf1no... >A little rusty with access - been away for a while. > > Wondering if someone could help me with determining the weekdays between > two dates. > > a simple function of somekind us...

Excel help>>>>>
Hey all :) i'm new to this forum and have a question. I'm working with windows and doors in wood in my own firm. I use excel to calculate the price and also to calculate the windows frames. So here is the question : is it in any way to get excel to draw the frames for the windows based on what i set for Width and Height or is it not possible ?? Something like this : http://www.windowmaker.com/eng/udd2.htm Thanks for any reply. :) -- Globel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Globel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

Date Help
I have linked two columns on a worksheet so that when I type in the date in cell C6 it also appears in cell J6. I entered =$C$6 in J6, and this works except sometimes I don’t need to use the date cells. My problem is in cell J6 the date appears as 1/0/00 until I type the date into cell C6. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Malcolm Hi, use this formula instead =if(C6="","",$C$6) "Malcolm" wrote: > I have linked two columns on a worksheet so that when I type in the date in > cell C6 it also appears in cell J6. I entered =$C$6 in J6, and ...

Help with debugging query (Rolling Average)
Hi I'm trying to do a rolling average on data that is ordered by a date time column. I'm after adivce about how best to do this, I've tried this - SELECT Time, ValueX, (HOUR(Time) * 3600 + Minute(Time) * 60 + Second(Time)) As TickTock (SELECT Avg(ValueX) FROM My_Table WHERE TickTock Between (TickTock) AND (TickTock) + 30) AS RollingAverage FROM My_Table; Basically my thinking was that it would be easier to work on this datetime data as Seconds, So that my rolling average can be based on 10, at 3 second intervals When I try this I get nothing in my RollingAverage box and also a...

Help with query-dont want to see dupes
I've made a query to find customers that have ordered a certain product between a period of time. Some customers order a lot so they'll appear multiple times but I only want to show each customer once. The field to compare is ContactID On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:02:51 -0700, "Rob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: >I've made a query to find customers that have ordered a certain product >between a period of time. Some customers order a lot so they'll appear >multiple times but I only want to show each customer once. > >The field to compare is Contac...

i want to allow users to edit changes afetr password protect of c
Please use the body of the message to describe what you want. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 01:15:02 -0700, mamta raul <mamta raul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Please Help: Character Insertion
Hello: I have an excel database full of product from my supplier. One of th columns contains UPC codes. A full UPC code is 11 digits, but for som reason my supplier omits the number zero in which the first number i zero. Right now, I have half a list of correct 11 digit codes, and th other half I need to insert a zero in front og very first digit. I there any way for me to do this in bulk instead of doing one by one? for example 12345678999 9999999999 (I need zeroes entered on these in the beginning -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe change the format to custom 00000...

SendMessage Question/Problem
I have a dialog box with a toolbar subclassed in it that has a combo box. I have embedded the toolbar in a static control on the dialog box. When an item in the combo box is selected, I am getting the OnSelChange message being triggered in the subclassed tool bar class. I then get the item that was selected and call GetOwner()->SendMessage(WM_NOTIFY......) In the dialog box I have a ON_NOTIFY message command for the IDR_TOOLBAR. when I debug the OnSelChange method in the subclassed toolbar class, I can see it setting up the call, but when I place my cursor and do run to cursor in the O...

Can someone help me print a 4 up post card in publisher 2007
I have been trying to print 4 postcards on a page but can not figure out how to do it. Please help! I'm a Publisher 2000 user and this is how I would do it using 8�"x11" stock. File Page Setup Special Size Width 5.5" Height 4.25" OK Create Postcard File Print Page Options button (lower left corner of Print window) Select Print multiple copies per sheet Custom Options button All margins set to 0" OK OK -- Don Vancouver, USA "JustAlice" <JustAlice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A7FC53C-3357-41FB-B650-...

Public Folder Replication Problem [need help]
I'm 90% done migrating my Exchange 2003 server to new hardware, I'm having trouble finishing this step - replicating the Public Mail Store.. I've added the new server to the replication tab in ESM, the folders are showing up under the new server, and are in sync! However in ESM when I go Administrative Groups -> First Admin Group -> Folders -> Public Folders, there is a list here.. this list is what shows on Outlook clients under "public folders".. when I right click this folder and say Connect to.. and select the new server's public mail store, I get ...

Re: HELP ! Browser disaster !!
Clarification: I meant do a System Restore to a point in time PRIOR in time to saving those test files below, obviously. Bill in Co. wrote: > Daave wrote: >> Trying to untangle this web... >> >> Ken Blake, MVP wrote: >>> On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 17:54:55 -0700, "Bill in Co." >>> <not_really_here@earthlink.net> wrote: >>> >>>> HeyBub wrote: >>>>> Bill in Co. wrote: >>>>>> Yes, I know you said that, but I asked specifically about what >>>>>> would be the cons...

help...outlook express troubles
My outlook express is no longer downloading email from my server....i think this is related to some sort of bug, worm, or other problem which changed my system clock and perhaps other things...my system clock was set to about 40 years in the future and all kinds of stuff was messed up...i fixed the clock but still have the problem with outlook express....i have two questions....is there a way to check the date within outlook express and is should i reinstall it..and if reinstall it, how do i do that? please advise. sorry, this sis the Outlook forum, not OE. However, I can refer you ...

LDAP screen help???
Just installed Outlook 2003. When I launch I get the attached screen. How do I get this screen to go away?? Thanks in Advance, Larry Tools->email accounts->directories->View or change->remove the LDAP directory from the list that appears. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: XT <xt50@home.net> asked: | Just installed Outlook 2003. When I launch I get the attached screen. | How do I get this screen to go away?? | | Thanks in Advance, | Larry ...

help with date formula
hello gurus Imagine two columns (part of a larger table) , the first with dates, and the second showing the difference (in days) between a date and the one above it. My problem is that there are varying numbers blank rows between the dates. I'd like it to look like this... COLUMN A COLUMN B Aug 27, 08 0 Dec 01, 08 96 Jan 21, 09 51 Jan 22, 09 1 Mar 08, 09 55 What formula could I use in the cells of Column B? Much thanks Victoria On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 16:27:01 -0800, Victoria <Victoria@discussions.microsof...

More help please... I'm stupid !!!
I really appreciate the help you guys give.... it's enabling me to speed up a lot of my calculations. Here we go with the next problem: I have the following columns: Column G - Staff ATV (Average Transaction Value) Golumn H - Number of Deals Column I - Bonus Payment What formula do I put in Column I, if I'm saying that the member of staff will receive a =A350 bonus when their ATV exceeds =A3200, but they must have a minimum number of 500 deals. Many thanks Darren Try: =(G2>=200)*(H2>499)*50 or: =IF(AND(G2>=200,H2>=500),50,0) or if you want a black looking cell: ...

Two lines with a different x-series (please help)
I would greatly appriciate any help I could get on this I am trying two plot two different lines on the same chart line 1 Line 2 X axis Y axis X axis Y axi 0 1.32 0 1.3 8.83 21.22 12.5 23.5 I have no problem with the chart accepting the new Y values (as a different series) but as you probably know you can only have 1 catagory x label so my chart does not show the second line extending out to 12.5 it only extends to 8.83 on a different slope and stops. How do I get it to accept the addittional x value and still have to seperate lines? Thank yo Select the data for the second line Choo...