I need to split a cell into 4 cells and keep in the same column

0
DC (43)

Data | Text to Column ?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"dc" <dc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
9/19/2006 9:44:11 PM
With the amount of detail provided...............

How about a guess?

You have 4 words in A1 and want them placed in A:A4

Select A1:A4 and Edit>Fill>Justify

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:02:02 -0700, dc <dc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

0
Gord
9/20/2006 12:16:57 AM
Not much to go on.  You say "split" so I presume that you want only a
portion of the contents of the cell put into the following 3 cells (down)
and different portions in each such cell.  What portions?  How can the
portions be distinguished?  Provide some examples of what you have and what
you want to have.  HTH  Otto
"dc" <dc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
ottokmnop (389)

Edit Within a Cell
In order to edit within a cell, I know I can press the F2 key on the keyboard. Isn't there a key combination that also allows you to edit data within a cell as well? Thank you you can double click within the actual cell. that opens all formulas and allows you to modify as needed. "Karen" wrote: > In order to edit within a cell, I know I can press the F2 > key on the keyboard. Isn't there a key combination that > also allows you to edit data within a cell as well? > > Thank you > you can double click within that cell and it opens all formulas an...

Lock Cells with Hyperlink
Hey guys, This should be pretty simple if possible, but I"m just not able to figure it out.. I'm thinking I just overlooked it. I have cells with hyperlinks that I want to lock. If I protect the sheet and do not allow the cells to be selected, the hyperlink will not work. If I protect the sheet and allow the cells to be selected, it works. The cells are locked to they can't be edited. The problem, not really a problem, but If I choose to allow select cells when protected, all the cells on the sheet can be selected, whether locked or unlocked. Is there a way I c...

time columns not adding correctly
Please Help I am trying to calculate total available time for my job and am importing files. When importing to Excel and adding 3 columns, the data in the 4 th column is not adding up. h:mm:ss to total h:mm:ss. Also, some of the colums are less that one hour ( :15:22). Thanks so much for your time. That is certainly too much information! Format Custom as [h]:mm:ss Or post back with formulas, input values, expected and actual results. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "student" <student@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:299B540A-4177-...

how to overflow from page 2 to page 1 both in 2nd column
Sitting a test i found one part i could not do, it is a 2 page leaflet you start on the second column page 1 then on the 2nd column page 2 you have to overflow to 1st column page 1 but it will not take this move, can you help me please Are you linking the boxes? Create a two column text box on each page. Go to page two, select the text box, click the link (up in the right corner of the toolbar), the cursor will turn into a bucket, go to page one and click on the text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "...

columns and rows
I have a workbook set up in excel but I want to re-arrange it so that the columns become the rows and vice versa. There is already data stored in the workbook, so I need to make sure that it is allocated to the correct corresponding cell afterwards. Is this possible? Hi the copy / paste special - transpose function will do what you want. However, if you want to do it to large range of data i suggest you copy the data from your workbook and then edit / paste special - transpose into a new workboook ... as you can't use CUT with transpose. Notes: the numbers of columns & rows ...

help needed -- how do I delete all mails on the server for a user
Can somebody tell me how I(as administrator) can completely delete all (undownloaded) remaining email messages OR specific email message on the Exchange Server for a particular user thanks in advance ...

I'm Stuck. I need your help
Hi Folks, I have a continuous entry form that allows us to enter the hour, container, seal number, comments and quanities to have to be receive for example today. And I have a check box true/False that when the value is true, the container is received, so the data dosen't appear on my report. My questions are: Can I use the data that dosen't show on my report to do another report, i.e. a report tha will show me all the container received? Yes. Create a query and set the criteria for that field to True, then base your new report on that query. BTW - reposting you question a dozen...

Need X to act like my "Close without Save" button.
Hello, I’m stuck and I can’t get loose.  I have a form that opens with the following “On Open” event: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) DoCmd.Maximize DoCmd.GoToRecord , "", acNewRec DoCmd.Requery "lboItems" End Sub If the user makes no changes “form not dirty” and clicks the X on the upper right corner, the form closes with no problem. If the user makes changes “form dirty” and clicks X, the form closes and the record is saved, this is not good. I’ve created two buttons on the form that work well. “Save Record” with the following ...

Creating a clustered column chart
I need to create a bar-bar graph with a secondary axis. When I try to add the second axis, it puts the two bar graphs on top of each other like a stacked column graph. I need two distinct bar graphs with 2 differ vertical axes. How can I do this? Thanks. Try this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Unfortunately it's difficult to avoid confusion between the axes, for the people looking at your chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "laure...

need help #5
Humaneyes from Israel really sucks! ...

Need to filter a spreadsheet at the SUBTOTAL level.
In Excel, I am trying to figure out how to filter all rows that fail to meet a specific criteria at the SUBTOTAL level. For example I have multiple rows in my spreadsheet for each vendor, one for each dept. I would like to filter out all rows for a vendor if the total sales units for all departments combined for that vendor is less than a certain number. I know this must be possible but so far neither my books nor my own researches have yielded the correct method. Help would be greatly appreciated. Uncle Walt, You can certainly do it with a helper column and a pivot table. Use a ...

getpivotdata #4
How do I turn off the getpivotdata feature? I do not want to use it in my formulas that reference a pivot table. Hi don't think you can turn this of. Simply enter the cell reference manually (without using the mouse to select the cell) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany TUV - YL wrote: > How do I turn off the getpivotdata feature? I do not want > to use it in my formulas that reference a pivot table. View / Toolbars / PivotTable Toolbar - Look for square icon with a smaller square in top left corner - Hit it to toggle the feature on/off -- Regards Ken.........

Outlook keeps locking up #2
My outlook keeps locking up. What can I do to fix it? Bummer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Scott asked: | My outlook keeps locking up. What can I do to fix it? Scott <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My outlook keeps locking up. What can I do to fix it? You need to give more details. What version of Outlook? What do ...

VBA for All cells in workbook
I would like a VBA that replaces every cell of every sheet in a workbook with its output when used with the following function: =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(160),CHAR(32))) thanks Curt J Sub GlobalChange() Dim w As Worksheet For Each w In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets w.Activate For Each r In ActiveSheet.UsedRange r.Value = Trim(Replace(r.Value, Chr(160), Chr(32))) Next Next End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201002 "Curt" wrote: > I would like a VBA that replaces every cell of every sheet in a workbook with > its output when us...

How do I concatenate Array with single cell?
Hi, I would like to be able to, in a single cell, sum a number of looked up values. One way, of course, would be to make a long formula where the only change between plus-signs is which cell to concatenate with cell E2 =lookup($A$2 & $E10 ;data; $H$25)+lookup($A$3 & $E10 ;data; $H$25)+... Instead I tried the following {=sum(lookup(A2:A7 & E10;...)} with the result that only the lookup based on the first cell of the range & E10 was returned and summed, not the A3 & E10 etc. Is it possible, if so how, to use some sort of array formula where you specify a range to be con...

Labelling a range of cells
How can I assign a "label" to a range of cells? Using EDIT/REPLACE, I'd enter a particular value in the "Find What" box and enter the "label" in the "Replace With" box. (By doing this, the range of cells would then be pasted in the appropriate cells). gary Labels don't work that way. See Help Answer Wizard under "label ranges"(no quotes) See also my answer to your other posting about "labels" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 14:12:45 -0700, "gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

While installing CRM 4.0 I get this sql server error about
I can't figure out what this is. It's clear it's turned on. I didn't install SQL server 2005, it was already on the machine, but the CRM verification list keeps giving me this error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Any help is greatly appreciated. Did you resolve this? I'm getting the sa...

How to display ALL text within a cell
I am using Excel 2002 on a Windows XP computer. When trying to display all the text in a cell, after a certain point the text stops wrapping around. In some cases, the text can be at least a page long (cutting and pasting from other documents). Cells can display 1024 characters, look in help for limits -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ltamura@rmhawaii.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60fc01c42e23$496f9900$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Excel 2002 on a Windows XP computer. When > trying to display all the text in a cell, after a cert...

excel: How can I color code rows based on a value in a cell?
Jexample: If the value in cell J2=P, then shade the entire row in yellow. 1. Select row 2. 2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting. Select "Formula Is" 3. Insert: =$J$2="P" 4. Click the "Format" button and format as desired. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Jexample: If the value in cell J2=P, then shade the entire row in yellow. >. > Parker Select the entire row to color. Doesn't have to be row 2. Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is: =$J2="P" Pick a color from from the Format button. Note the ...

SUM values in a column till you reach a flag in another column- Urgent
Hello: My data is something like this: Column1 Column2 Flag 1 200 0 2 300 0 4 500 1 6 400 0 7 300 0 9 600 0 I need a formula to add values in each of the first two columns till the flag equals 1. Then another formula to add the values below the flag seperately. In other words- I am expecting 7, 22, 1000, 1300 values to be output for the above sheet. The number of rows is not constant in my worksheet although the order of the data is standard. I would want to avoid VBA if I can do this by a simple formula. Please help. This is Urgent. Than...

I need to do a flyer with a section at bottom to tear off
What I need to do is create a flyer (okay so far) but include at the bottom a section for people to complete with their name & phone number for lucky door prize. I am a first time user on this so apologise in advanceif I have not given enough information Look at the built-in flyers in Publisher. Select flyers, Scroll down to Sale, there are a couple with tear-offs. Tear-offs are simply tables, you can designate the text to be rotated. Select the table, Format, table, cell properties tab, check *Rotate text within AutoShape by 90�* -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.co...

Match/ Merge columns
I wrote a previous message, but I didn't know if it was clear. I am trying to take data from the months of March and April and merge them together to get one complete spreadsheet of each person's account for each month. Is there a way to do this? I have been sorting by ID# and doing the rest manually. A B C D 1 ACCT BAL 2 NAME ID # MARCH 3 ASHLEY 111-11-1111 88 4 BRIAN 222-22-2222 32 5 CARL 333-33-3333 48 6 DAVID 444-44-4444 92 7 EVAN 555-55-5555 25 8 FRANK 666-66-6666 108 9 11 ACCT BAL 12 NAME ID # APRIL ASHLEY 111-11-1111 100 BRAD 888-88-8888 28 CARL 3...

Excel Columns Display Right to Left
I've got a user who when creating a new excel document from a blank worksheet, her columns show up from right to left instead of the normal setup which shows A as the first left hand column. It is as if it is a mirror and everything is backwards. Has anyone encountered anything like this or know how to fix this? The numbers and characters display correctly but A is just the far left column instead of the first. Hi Tools>Options..International Change the default direction -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "ljdumont@ingr.com&q...

vba needed
I have a worksheet which is linked to Access providing me with a database which produces a variety of stats etc. What i would like to do is to look in a column of this database and when two rows of data match record the time difference between the two occurances. The data is based on alarms and response times. a pair of matching cells will have a unique id number. Im not sure where to start tho some sort of if statement and some coping and pasting may be involved.The date time is in column b the alarm id is in column M with various other data in between. Thank you in advance for any suggestio...

Text verify and transfer to another cell
I need a function to check a cell for text (general data) and if it exists in one cell transfer (copy) to another cell...for example cell A2 is blank so the cell F2 is also blank, however if A2 has data in it say N 90-00-00 W then the same would be reflected in cell F2... I'm great with number conversions and computations but text strings and general data baffle me. Thank you for your efforts... -- jgbadingerjr Try this in cell F2: =IF(A2="","",A2) Whatever is entered into A2 will also appear in F2. Hope this helps. Pete jgbadingerjr wrote: > I need a fun...