I need help please...

In fact I need an "excel brain" to help me for some calculations.

I have in excel :

DATE	     COUNTRY	     RATE1		    RATE2
COL(A)       COL(B)          COL(C)                 COL(D)
3            GER            1.50                     2.30
3             FRA             1.15                     6.50
4             GER             1.20                     6.00
4             GER2           1.40                     5.50
4             IT1              1.80                     3.60
6             IT2              3.50                     2.11
7             POL             4.10                     1.75
7             SP1             1.56                     8.90
9             SP2             2.70                     4.50

I want to add a formula in cell E1 that shows me how many times th
lowest rate of colC or colD appears from the 1st date of the mont
until... yestrday (in above example ..until 2)  for selection GER.
colA are numbers now, but maybe in future I change to date format.
The formula must recognize itself which rate (from C1 and D1 are th
lowest).

I looking desparately for any help

Thanks
ko

try using this in column e1

=COUNTIF(C1:D1,MIN(C1:D1))

6.50
>4             GER             1.20
6.00
>4             GER2           1.40                     5.50
>4             IT1              1.80
3.60
>6             IT2              3.50
2.11
>7             POL             4.10
1.75
>7             SP1             1.56
8.90
>9             SP2             2.70
4.50

>I want to add a formula in cell E1 that shows me how many
times the
>lowest rate of colC or colD appears from the 1st date of
the month
>until... yestrday (in above example ..until 2)  for
selection GER.
>colA are numbers now, but maybe in future I change to
date format.
>The formula must recognize itself which rate (from C1 and
D1 are the
>lowest).
>

>I looking desparately for any help
>
>Thanks
>kol
>

>---
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
8/23/2004 7:23:02 PM
if you only want it to count if the country is ger then
try this in ei:

=IF(B1="ger",COUNTIF(C1:D1,MIN(C1:D1)),"")

6.50
>4             GER             1.20
6.00
>4             GER2           1.40                     5.50
>4             IT1              1.80
3.60
>6             IT2              3.50
2.11
>7             POL             4.10
1.75
>7             SP1             1.56
8.90
>9             SP2             2.70
4.50

>I want to add a formula in cell E1 that shows me how many
times the
>lowest rate of colC or colD appears from the 1st date of
the month
>until... yestrday (in above example ..until 2)  for
selection GER.
>colA are numbers now, but maybe in future I change to
date format.
>The formula must recognize itself which rate (from C1 and
D1 are the
>lowest).
>

>I looking desparately for any help
>
>Thanks
>kol
>

>---
>
>.

0
ccatanese (1)

Checkbox result help
When a checkbox on my form is checked (yes/true), I would like the result in the corresponding field to be an "X". When it is not checked I would like the result to simply remain blank.I am working with a database in which the user simply typed the "X" in either the table or form and I am trying to convert it to a checkbox on the form.I'm sure this question has been answered before but I haven't found it yet or don't understand exactly what to do. Thanks for your help in advance. Run an Update query to convert x's to -1, blanks, nulls and other non-trues to...

Urgent help required please
Hi there, We are running Exchange 5.5 Enterprise on W2K boxes across 12 servers We have a situation where an event has been logged as follows : -MSExchangeIS Private ID 1016 NT User User1 logged on to CEO mailbox, and is not the primary Window NT account on this mailbox.- This user has now been suspended pending investigation, but when hi workstation and Outlook client has been checked, there are n references to this mailbox. However, when we log on to the user' mailbox, another 1016 event is generated. The user does have othe mailboxes in his profile, but not the CEO mailbox. Does a...

Exchange2003 cannpt login error! HELP ME. SOS
I install exchange2003 on windows2003 and it work well.But today , when user try to login POP3,it said "Not Unarthorized Login Request Type On This Computer"(the prompt is in Chinese,so the description is not exact.) .I can not find what is error ,Help ME!! Thanks Anything relevant in App Event log on the server? Van you try english Outlook Express? Zhao Jindong wrote: > I install exchange2003 on windows2003 and it work well.But today , when user > try to login POP3,it said "Not Unarthorized Login Request Type On This > Computer"(the prompt is in Chinese,so th...

Help! Creating an HTML 'signature card' to insert in Outlook
john inzer has saved by butt before hoping he or someone else can save me again. I need to create a signature for email that looks like a business card complete with picture with one exception. It needs to have tab tops and appear layered and on the top of those tabs there needs to be hyperlinks to various pages on a website. I can create the look but dont know if I make it in webpage design on pub or ?. I dont know html (i've used ebays turbo lister to create stuff then copy and pasted the html view - ez cheat) I had a wells fargo guy send me an email that had one in his with ...

Need XSLT to throw Runtime Exception
Hi there - Can somebody give me some pointers on how I can create a XSLT which will compile fine but will thow a runtime exception during runtime. I tried to do the following but it doesn't throw any runtime exception. <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?> <xsl:stylesheet version='1.0' xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/ Transform'> <xsl:template match='/'> <xsl:variable name='a' select='1 div 0'/> <xsl:copy-of select ='$a'/> </xsl:template> </xsl:stylesheet> Thanks...

Help #40
I just bought a new iPAQ handheld pda. It came with Outlook 2002, which installed successfully (so the program said). However, when I open the program I cannot see the calendar, email or tasking sections. When I attempt to create a new email or appointment, the program tells me that it cannot open the file. I have reinstalled the program several times with no success. Am I doing something wrong or is it a defective program? Dan Bahr <danbee46@optonline.net> wrote: > I just bought a new iPAQ handheld pda. It came with Outlook 2002, > which installed successfully (...

I need to learn how do do excel workbooks, how do I take an onlin.
I have an interview on Monday and need to learn how to create and manage an excel workbook. I am a total novice where excel is concerned. I have looked on the microsoft training website and whereas there seems to be a lot of information on training, I can't appear to find how you begin one of these courses. Please help! http://www.mrexcel.com http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html http://www.decisionmodels.com/linkssites.htm http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search? q=group:*excel* >-----Original Message----- >I have an interview on Monday and need to learn how to ...

Need spanish spell checker and thesaurus but cannot find my office
Hello, I have office professional 2002. Now I have started to learn Spanish and would like to use the Spanish support in Office. However, I cannot find my CD. What to do? Do you have any ideas? What language is your Office version? North American English contains Spanish support. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Frank asked: | Hello, I have office professional 2002. Now I have st...

DPM 2010 and DPM 2007 SP1
I am looking for a backup solution for a new network consisting of the following: - Primary Server running Windows Server 2008, Exchange, Active Directory (some of this will be in a seperate Hyper-V virtualized Windows Server install). - Secondary Server similar to above but running SQL Server instead of Exchange (this will be virtualized). - An iSCSI SAN for storing online backups - An external LTO tape drive for producing offsite backups I am interested in running DPM but the documentation suggests the need for a dedicated server for DPM. Is this correct or could I used the ...

I need help merging two online payees
I have two identical online payees, each one having different transactions. I want to merge them into one. I went to Manage Online Services, selected my bank, & clicked on "Stop Using Online Services". The bank is now listed under the top heading with "Set up Online Services", so I know that it is disabled. However, I STILL cannot rename, move, etc. in the Payee screen. These choices are still grayed out. What am I doing wrong? Is there another place I have to go to disable this bank? ...

Please enter a valid user class printer ID
I have this message when i try to print a cheque: Please enter a valid user Class printer ID. J'ai ce message quand j'imprime un cheque dans le module des trx des fournisseurs. Veuillez saisir un code d'imprimante classe d'utilisateur vallide. Si on fait annulé c'est ok et le chèque s'imprime. -- Marc Caouette GENIVAR ...

Visio 2007 "Samples" missing from Getting Started and Help Menu
Hello- I just purchased Visio 2007 standard. I installed the complete program (all features) but the option for the Samples is not available from the Getting Started menu or from the Help menu. I additionally installed SP1 but Samples is still MIA. Any suggestions? Thanks, Cathy On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 18:40:36 -0800, Portland_Girl <PortlandGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello- I just purchased Visio 2007 standard. I installed the complete program >(all features) but the option for the Samples is not available from the >Getting Started menu or from the Help menu. I a...

need to purchase keyboard, touchscreen etc
Hi, I live in san antonio texas and need to purchase a keyboard with a CC wedge, touch screen and inventory scanner to work with RMS. I there someone close by who can help. Thanks, Melissa melcort2002@yahoo.com Hi Melissa - check out www.poscomponents.com Their pricing is pretty competitive - Hope this helps "melcort" wrote: > Hi, I live in san antonio texas and need to purchase a keyboard with a CC > wedge, touch screen and inventory scanner to work with RMS. I there someone > close by who can help. > > Thanks, > Melissa > melcort2002@yahoo.co...

Sorting and Grouping Help Needed!!
I have a report that is grouped by a fieldname called "Group_Name". It is listing the Group Names by alphabetical order. However, I want the grouping to be sorted by my own choice. We have a meeting agenda that has group names that are not in alphabetical order. How do I program the reports to group by: "W2K3", then "BlackBerry", then etc.. Thanks Ben You'd have to have another table that indicates the desired sort order, join that new table to your existing query and sort by the appropriate field from that new table. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Ac...

Please Help...
I own Excel 2000, but for some reason when I had to install it after my old computer crashed I couldn't use the "search in workbook" function. (Edit-Find-options-search through workbook). Can someone let me know how I can get this function back? I think that this feature was added in xl2002. (My bet is that you use xl2002 (or higher) at work and xl2k at home and your memory is failing <vbg>.) bintight wrote: > > I own Excel 2000, but for some reason when I had to install it after my old > computer crashed I couldn't use the "search in wo...

Need Help With Formula #3
I'm trying to set up a formula using values on one worksheet to sum up values on a second worksheet. The first worksheet has these 3 columns, A, B and C where A has these team/unit numbers (often repeating), B has one of 5 text values, while C has a yes or no value aka "accepted" or "rejected". Referring to sheet one, on the second sheet, one formula sums up all the times that a team/unit has a value in B other than " ". The second formula sums up all the times that a team/unit has "Accepted" in column C. I haven't been able to figure this o...

Need custom Report
Hi everyone ... I have this problem . I downloaded from somewhere a custom report xml. The thing is that when I have returns I am always short at the register. I tried detaild sales report, but It seems to me that it does not include sales taxes collected. Basicly I need a full report by registers and cashiers, including everything ... Like opening ammount was 200 , closing was 200 , and all the transactions total should be equal the total sales ammount in the report right ? So please help me with this little problem ... ...

Array help #2
Have sheet1!as follows: A B Item Quantity 111 30 112 40 113 20 111 25 Sheet2! Item Inventory 111 100 112 100 113 100 114 100 Need the sum of the items in sheet1! to subtract from the item inventory on sheet21 Thanks Pat -- pflynn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pflynn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27763 View this thread: http://www....

Need help with coding
I work for the company where we still pay the cash wages, before I go to the bank I Have to work out what how many hundreds fifties and so on to get ,I set up on a spreadsheet where I put the amount earn for example $2085 dollars and at this stage I put manually how may hundreds ,fifties ,twenties ,tens and fives goes into that sum is there a code so it can automatically do this for me in excel 2003 Can anyone help Thank you in advance $100 $50 $20 $10 $5 $2,085 20 1 1 1 1 $1,975 19 1 1 1 $2,135 Hi anna Taking A1 = amount ($2085) b1= 100, c1 = 50, d1 = 20, e1=10, f...

Hello and Help with dropdown list with error control
Greetings all!!! I am new to the group. thanks to the owner of the group for creating it. I work for a cement company and i have made a excel sheet with mixing of diffrent types of cements. I would like to know if anyone can help. the problem is this i have a list of additives for each blend. one can select them from a dropdown list. But some of the additives are no conpatable with each other. So i want to setup a message box or a popup box the will tell the person that they are not conpatable. right now i have a match formula and a if formula in place. I am pretty sure there is a better wa...

I need to get a form for "Ask the President" of the company
I have a meeting coming up where we want to send out informal forms to "Ask the President" questions without a name attached. Any ideas? Huh? "Karen Kunzelmann" <Karen Kunzelmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60587D4F-F8EC-47BE-BE5A-600DB33B49CB@microsoft.com... :I have a meeting coming up where we want to send out informal forms to "Ask : the President" questions without a name attached. Any ideas? ...

Need a few examples
It's been awhile since I've had to work with XML in VB.Net. Look at the following snippet: <Parameters> <Parameter>123</Parameter> <Parameter>456</Parameter> </Parameters> How do I find Parameter=123 and delete it? How do I delete all children of <Parameters>? Assume I read this XML in from a file and wish to write the results of my changes out to a different file. Is this simpler to do in .Net 2.0 than in ..Net 1.5? Even if specific examples aren't availabl...

Pdf'ing - hyperlinks will be lost
I'm trying to create a pdf with an excel file, but it tells me that links etc will be lost if I don't clear the print titles. The print titles is the repeating first row. This spreadsheet is simply a contact list and is more than one page, so I want to keep ththe first row as repeating on all pages. How do I work around this. It's a contact list, so I want the links to email addresses to remain as hyperlinks. Thanks. Diana Hi Diana, You could easily record a macro to turn them off File, Setup, sheet, Repeat rows at top Print as PDF to a file from the File, Print men...

Help in update
Dear All sql 2000 i have following table create table main_tab (Myid int, Status char(1)) Create table Sec_tab (Myid int, Report char(1)) i have following sample data in main_tab insert into main_tab (myid) values (1) insert into main_tab (myid) values (2) insert into main_tab (myid) values (3) insert into main_tab (myid) values (4) i have following sample data in Sec_tab insert into sec_tab values (1,'T') insert into sec_tab values (2, 'S') insert into sec_tab values (3, 'T') insert into sec_tab values (4, 'T') how can ...

Xslt/Xpath help
I have an xml and i'm trying to loop each node... When i do FOR EACH i seem not to get my desired result I want to loop through and get only the values that matches the question i specified with the corresponding answers? I don't want to retrieve all the Answer and VoteAnswers nodes <xsl:for-each select="NSurveyVoter/Voter/Question/Answer"> <xsl:value-of select="Answer[Answer='&lt;/b&gt;What dont you like about working for us?&lt;/b&gt;']/Answer/text()"/> <xsl:value-of select="NSurveyVoter/Voter/Question/...