I have the template i want to use, however I am not sure how to us

an e-mail was sent to me with a spreadsheet I'm to complete.
A co -worker helped me to create a template of that spreadsheet that I need
to fill in but I  don't have experience using templates. How do I get
started,  and how do I create a next page or sheet?
I need to fill it in and than start the next page with the blank
template...help
0
Mouse (6)

Have you looked at the Excel help for templates?  If so, at which stage did
you have a problem?
--
David Biddulph

"mouse" <mouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> an e-mail was sent to me with a spreadsheet I'm to complete.
> A co -worker helped me to create a template of that spreadsheet that I
> need
> to fill in but I  don't have experience using templates. How do I get
> started,  and how do I create a next page or sheet?
> I need to fill it in and than start the next page with the blank
> template...help

0
David

Using Extender to open an existing GP window when in another GP wi
We use GP 10.0 and also own Extender. When I attended an Extender session at Convergence last year, I seem to remember we were told it is possible to use Extender to add a link to a GP window to open another GP window. Does anyone know how to do this? For example, when in a customer card, I would like to be able to click on the "Additonal" tab up the top and select the window: Field Service - Inquiry - Contract Administration - Contracts by Customer Inquiry. Thanks for your help. You could only open GP windows using the Extender. I do not think there is a way to open up other...

Templates for Avery J8651 Label
I am looking for templates for return address labels using Avery Mini Label J8651 please On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:18:04 +0100, Valerie M Cahill wrote (in article <93CC3B27-61A3-4CA7-8931-65CD1698EF8D@microsoft.com>): > I am looking for templates for return address labels using Avery Mini Label > J8651 please What did your last slave die of? STFW you lazy bint! Here's a clue - what's the brand...? Hi sweetie! How ya' been? Feisty as normal, I see. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] <magrat_garlick@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0001HW.B...

How do I get a publisher template for A7 envelope?
I need a template for A7 envelope and A4 envelope Donna Gracon wrote: > I need a template for A7 envelope and A4 envelope There is no such thing as an "A7 envelope" or an "A4 envelope" because those are paper sizes - when referencing envelopes you should use the correct prefix, which is 'C'. Do you really mean "C7" by the way because it's not a standard size and, if it was a typo and you meant 'C6' Publisher already has those. And I don't see why you're having problems with C4 - just use an A4 sheet, design and print. I do it...

how to calculate appreciation using excel 2000
also, what are the common shortcuts? ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions ------------------------------------------------ ...

5.5: use contacts public folder as mailing list?
Hi everybody, I have unsuccessfully been trying to set up some kind of simple mailing list based on the contents of a public folder. I have found a workaround using an Outlook 97 local address book, but I can't believe that that is the only answer. I have tried setting up a distribution list, but emails sent to that list just end up in that folder, rather than use the addresses from the folder. The usenet provided me with similar questions from the past, but surprisingly I couldn't find an answer. Michael ...

Use Combo Box to Select Month to Display Data on Chart
Hi All, I have a bar graph that shows the following information X Axis = Date Y Axis = Copper Produced Question: How can I enable the user to select a month from a drop-down list and the chart show the data only for the selected month? -- Carlee Here are a couple ways: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Carlee" <Carlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7779E1...

GP printing PM checks to Acuprint using ACL command line
Looking for experience of printing Great Plains PM checks to Acuprint. Have client that is trying to do this by adding ACL command line in check format report writer to tell Acuprint which template to use. Anyone successful in doing this? Thanks. ...

Template help Window
OK this sounds odd but how do I keep the template help window from appearing when I open my template? Thanks in advance, Barry ...

VirtualAlloc,GlobalAlloc,HeapAlloc,..what to use in my case,...
Hi, i have a application that reads a unknown bunch of files to a block of memory, handles them and finally frees the memory. For now, i work with VirtualAlloc, but i get after processing ~250 Files a GetLastError=8 for any memory request, even i know that memory has been released with VirtualFree=TRUE. Why is that the case? The System has 1GB of real physical memory. Sure i know the limitations of user memory space and process space. VirtualAlloc will always be called with MEM_COMMIT and PAGE_READWRITE in my code. I have to read the complete file, not a piece of it, so some files are 205 byt...

Template & linked Excel database question
Okay - I got my template set up & linked to an Excel worksheet for a database. I open the template and start entering info - the first field is the client's name & has a macro that saves the file as "Name.xls" when moving out of this cell. I go on to complete the initial data entries, then save & close...but I don't get the prompt to save as a new entry to the database file UNLESS I then re-open the same file and close it again. Why don't I get the prompt the FIRST time I save & close???? tm ...

i want to only select one name from a list of the same names
I have a column of names and in the column there are 20 rows saying "apples" and 10 rows saying "oranges" and 5 rows of "bannanas". I would like to produce a report that pulls only the name i.e. "apples", which would then allow me to produce a consolidated list of names. This would mean that I would end up with 3 rows one saying "apples", one saying "oranges and one saying "bannanas". In B1 use =A1 In B2, add =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(0,COUNTIF(B$1:B1,$A$1:$A$20&""),0)),"", INDEX(IF(ISBLANK($A$1:$A$20),&qu...

Counting cells using multiple criteria
I am using Excel 2000. And, I need to count cells that fall in multiple criteria. For example, I have 5 numbers 93.84, 100, 95, 92.5, and 92.5 in cells from A6 to A10. I wrote the following formula to count the number of the cells that have numbers between 91 and 95, inclusively: =SUM(((A6:A10)>90)*((A6:A10)<=95)) Tha should return 4; however, I get an error messge (#VALUE!). Is that a right formula to count the cells that I want? Actually, the formula I wrote in the previous posting was different than I have. The one I have is as follows: =SUM(IF(((A6:A10)>90)*((A6:A1...

Exchange server using Office 2003 and Vista
I'm trying to connect to my corportate email through Outlook 2003 using exchange server. The instructions that were provided to me are for PCs running Windows XP and Outlook 2003. I can't complete the setup because I don't have some of the icons listed in the instructions. I think it is because of my OS. I am running: Windows Vista Home Premium (64 Bit) Office 2003 Professional Is there a way to setup up Office 2003 to connect using exchange server in the Vista Home Premium or is this ANOTHER feature not available? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ...

Store Use
Hi, is there anywhere in RMS where we can log store use merchandise?? so these Items come off inventory and we can have a record of how much the guys are using in the store. thanks -- Reynold Cycle See the "Handling store use items" thread on 5/9. Craig "Jose" <Jose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:297CDA8E-1DF1-4ED4-BA34-1187DD3E7A83@microsoft.com... > Hi, is there anywhere in RMS where we can log store use merchandise?? > so these Items come off inventory and we can have a record of how much > the > guys are using in the store. ...

Workbook Protectionand stiil use Comment function
I have a shared workbook that requires some fields to be used for data entry and some fields for comments ( using the Xl comment function), however, when I protect the workbook the overall comment function is also looked (still allows viewing a previous comment). Is it possible to overcome this scenarion so that one doesn't have to Unprotect the book or sheet everytime a comment needs to be inserted or edited. Many thanks Olympiad In Excel 2003 you can edit comments in protected sheet, if you check the option for Edit Objects in the Protect Sheet dialog. -- tj "olympiad&qu...

Downloading Templates for Excel error with a windows error.
I have been trying for months to download some of the Excel templates of the Microsoft Office Online site but continually get an error message that Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close. The message is showing up after Excel has been opened and the active x download window has closed. I am using Excel 2000 with SP3 on Windows XP pro SP2. I also get the same error with Windows XP Home SP2. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? Thanks, Lanie Moore ...

Abnormal program termination while using "eseutil /d" #2
Hi Thierry, there is no other server available to move the folders. That´s why we force our users to delete not needed folders. Do you know why the eseutil is running out of order? Sven ...

template for 2006 Sun-Sat 1 month per page
Availability of a template for use in Microsoft Publisher calendar for a 2006 Sun-Sat 1 month per page understated calendar with the ability to insert my own images against individual dates. What do you need to know to complete your calendar? You can insert pictures into the Understated calendar template. You can change the range date... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "John P" <John P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13B5230B-5717-4BB7-8B50-F13C3E3C9A23@microsoft.com... > Availabi...

Can a "flags" or "reminders" be used in a ws
Excell version 2002-Can you set up a worksheet to flash a "flag" or "reminder" that the user needs to update another worksheet in the same workbook. I am a new user to excell and am still struggling. Thanks. You could probably use Conditional Formatting to accomplish this. For example, have a certain cell or cells turn red until the other sheet has been updated. Or, you could write a formula to display a reminder message in a cell if updates aren't complete. Or you could even use VB code for more complex situations. We would need to know more about your spre...

Can I Use AutoNumber Field In Multi-Table Link?
Is there any problem using the AutoNumber field as the primary key, and then using this field to define a 1-M relationship between two tables? I recall being warned against this. At the time, I was using another db app (Paradox). Would this warning also apply to Access? David Portwood wrote: > Is there any problem using the AutoNumber field as the primary key, > and then using this field to define a 1-M relationship between two > tables? > I recall being warned against this. At the time, I was using another > db app (Paradox). Would this warning also apply to Access? No....

how to use the GetClipBox and redraw the particular rectangle
hi all.. actually i need to draw a rectangle in the view window.. then i need to clip the rectangle and need to redraw it.. when we try to resize the view window i want only the rectangle drawn to be redrawn.. others like background should not flicker.. i have tried with.. void CClippingView::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); CRect rcClient; GetClientRect(&rcClient); dc.FillSolidRect(&rcClient, RGB(255,240,250)); rectClip.top=150; rectClip.left=150; rectClip.right=250; rectClip.bottom=350; dc.GetClipBox(&rectClip); dc.Rectangle(150,150...

Attaching a 2003 Access data base to an email for use with Office
I was using Win XP with Office 2003 and have just installed Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail with Office 2007. I have two other sites which also are using Office 2003 and heretofore, we have had no problems emailing data bases back and forth. But now, Windows Live Mail won't permit our exchanging .mdb files as we have in the past. So, I was told that if we change the .mdb to ..txt we could email and get by Windows Live validation. That does get by the validation, but I am having the problem of changing the .txt data base to ..mdb and getting it to open in Access. Any sugge...

Can't use SendMessage...WM_PASTE with a regular Text Box
Anyone have any idea why SendMessage ctl.hwnd, WM_PASTE, 0, 0 isn't working from a regular Access text box (form is opened normally, not in dialog more)? I realize I can just use docmd.RunCommand acCmdPaste. But I have a reason for needing to do it this way. When I run the code I get the message, "Object doesn't support this property or method" (error 438). Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks! Neil Here is the code I'm using: Private Declare Function SendMessage _ Lib "user32" _ Alias "SendMessageA" ( _ ByVal hwnd As Long, _ ByV...

restore from backup wants password- doesn't work
I Have a Microsoft Money backup file (.mbf)which I saved on a disc while I wiped my hard drive. After I reinstalled Microsoft Money 2003 I tried to restore from backup file, and it asked for a password. My remembered password did not work, and neither did any of my other passwords. I had accomplished this before after setting my computer back to the factory condition about 2 years ago, and I don't remember it asking for a password then; in any case I had no problems with it then. It may have been Money 2006 that created this backup file - I think I'd upgraded from 2003 at some p...

Collecting data through email using VBA
Hi, I know that the "Create Email" tool in order to collect data through email but I want to do it automatically. My database form includes VBA code in order to send automate emails. I'd like to make this email "special" in order to receive the replay into access and use the answer email. I'd be grateful if someone could help me with the VBA code. Thanks! This capability is included in Access 2007, if you are using the .accdb file format, although you still need to initiate the process (ie. it is not fully automatic). What version of Access are you using? ...