i have a pps file that i cant open what do i need to open it with

i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what
do i need to open them with????
0
Marty (99)

Certainly not Excel.

Those are PowerPoint files.

You can download a PP viewer from here.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=428D5727-43AB-4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en

Note instructions for download and installation.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:44:02 -0700, Marty <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what
>do i need to open them with????

0
Gord

how do I make a template to look like an old open book?
Clipart? http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx?lc=en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Seattle Blue" <SeattleBlue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAF69A14-8174-436C-BFBE-67CB0CFB4D58@microsoft.com... > I can not find it at clipart. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Clipart? > http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx?lc=en-us > > -- > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP > http://office.microsoft.com/ > http://msauer.mvps.org/ > news://msnews.microso...

cant send some emails
I have had this problem with outlook in both Office xp and 2003. Sometimes it simply wont send the odd email, sends others and leaves ones it doesnt like in the outbox. Sometimes if I create a new email and copy the contents it will send it - sometimes not. How do I fix this problem? Task XXXX - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 554 mail server permanently rejected message (#5....

Opening view "reposted"
Only reply received was helpful but not a cure. After much fingerpoking local sheets now open correctly. However when I download and automatically open a CSV file in Excel it still must be reopened with "view/new window" before I can drag below last displayed line. It was not this way previous to reinstall. I need this to select columb segments to copy to different worksheet. SG Origional post Reloaded entire computer including Office 2007. Now when I open any old spreadsheet It opens in a view which dosn't show folders or L/R drag bar. Also not scrolling below bottom lin...

Recover Excel file
Is there a way to get an autorecover file, if I closed Excel without saving changes? Hi Jimp, If you have seen the "autorecovery" message, when you closed the Excel, then definitely you can recover that file. It is there in the left pane when you open you Excel again else you can search Excel installation folders as well. -- Click on Yes, if it is useful. Thanks & Best Regards, Dilip Kumar Pandey MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.) dilipandey@yahoo.com dilipandey@gmail.com New Delhi, India "jimp" wrote: > Is there a way to get an autorecover file, if I closed Excel wi...

R-squared explanation needed.
I am looking for further information on the R-squared value when dealing with the trendline of a chart. A description of what it is refering to and a break down of the formula from Microsofy help (explanation of variables and what they refer to.) If there are any mathematicians out there please help. From XL help on LINEST: In regression analysis, Microsoft Excel calculates for each point the squared difference between the y-value estimated for that point and its actual y-value. The sum of these squared differences is called the residual sum of squares. Microsoft Excel then calculat...

Excel Error Message When Opening A File
The boss's computer using Excel 97 under Windows XP gets this error when opening a file: "A document with the name xxxx.xls is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open, or rename one of the documents." There is no other copy of the document open. I would appreciate it if anyone knows how to stop this. My boss would appreciate it if I could solve this problem he is having. Thanks. From Debra Dalgleish's site: http...

need good friends
hi, i realy wanna to be a friend of someone actually i have so many friends dut none is as good as i expect. so you looking for a friend please reply me on my e -mail id thanks wilson your faithful friend Wilson, you need to find a pen-pal, or chat, or socializing group to post your request. You posted, in error, to a technical newsgroup for discussion, questions, and answers about Microsoft Access database software -- not a good source of "finding friends", as we are here for technical topics. Also, there are spambots which "harvest" e-mail addresses from postin...

Ouput File Creation Date
I want cell A1 to output the date the file was created. Is there a way to do this without a macro? Don't think so. It is a workbook property, and that can only be accessed through VBA AFAIK. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Sloth" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C40BC2E-CE39-4819-8256-0AD539B6FE84@microsoft.com... > I want cell A1 to output the date the file was created. Is there a way to do > this without a macro? ...

help needed for correct tools
I am using VS2003 and VB.NET. My project is to locate book titles within a library collection exported into an XML file and edit quiz information related to that book's library record. The "quiz information" originates in another text file containing book titles and quiz information. -The quiz file is a plain text file that I will iterate through in code. -The XML file is a collection of thousands of "MARC records" that need to be updated. Each MARC record is a collection of fields representing a particular book. Here is an abbreviated example of one MARC reco...

Open Batches
I've used several RMS 1.3R "Manager" computers to temporarily test POS transaction. I no longer need to use these computers for POS but only for SO Manager. How do I get rid of the Open Batches that show up in SO Manger under Journal - Update Batch Info? As soon as I Z out the no longer used POS register(s) it automatically creates a new open batch for that register number. And these open batches show up in the Update Batch Info screen which confuses the (closing) Mangers. First of all, are your manager is performing Z out from SO Manager program ?? second you can just...

why do 5 workbooks open when I double click one
I double click on an Excel file and 4 or 5 files open simultaneously. you have workbooks stored in your XLStart folder, a hidden folder that you could put workbooks in it in order to open workbooks automatically once you open excel. to get rid of this problem, you have to turn on "show hidden fikes" in windows. to do this, double click on my documents --> go to tools,folder options, underf iles and folders, check "show hidden files and folders" radio button then click ok. go tothe path below, assuming C is the letter for your hard drive, and ofcourse User is your...

Opening .doc file
When I receive a file it acts like it is going to open it but nothing ever appears and the window it does open in office stays grey. .rtf files open just fine. Anyone know what settings I should use? ...

Publisher cannot open file #3
After I pasted a table from Excel my pub cannot be open anymore. Anyone knows a solution to this? I don't want to start all over again... Thanks Specifically what error are you getting? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Grazyna & Maciek" <gm_u@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:R%g6e.20937$7Q4.20076@clgrps13... > After I pasted a table from Excel my pub cannot be open anymore. Anyone > knows a solution to this? I don't want to start all over again... > Thanks > > "Publisher cannot open the file" - it's as if the f...

Cannot open file
Hello, I am in need of assistance. A file was created in Publisher 2002 SP-1 (Windows XP Pro). The file was saved as Publisher 2000. We have tried to open the file in Publisher 2000 SR-1 (Windows 98). A message pops up "Publisher cannot open files from a different Version." How can we open the file in Publisher 2000?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks Do you have that garbage trash Symantec Norton installed. If you do, REMOVE permanently the garbage trash junk software and your problems will be over. -- We are not running Norton. Any other suggestion...

Generating a Load File Dialog
I'm writing a simple OGL game in MFC. I need to implement a load and save game feature and i thought I would use the standard windows load and save dialogs. I can't seem to do this; could you please advice the best course of action. My application does not employ the document architecture as I thought this wouldn't be necessary considering only one savegame is open any any one time. I would rather not have to learn about and implement the document architecture but from what I've read/tried I'm being to believe that you have to use it in order to generate this load/s...

Using VBA in excel to how to delete temporary files or cookies
Is there any way to delete temporary files or cookies by using vba ocde from excel? Sub marine() Kill "C:\test\sample.doc" End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200819 Hans <H...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there any way to delete temporary files or cookies by using vba ocde from >excel? Sub foo() Shell Environ("Comspec") & " /c del ""%TEMP%""\*.tmp" End Sub ...

Need to delete pending MS updates
A friend asked me to help him with his computer. So I went and started applying the updates to his XP machine. Well it turns out that he has a VERY small drive and even less memory :-( I have downloaded some MS updates but there is not enough room to run them let alone let them just remain on the drive Where are the pending updates located so I can go and delete them? Thanks Dunc ...

Emergency ! Need help with Server Restore
Hi, Have a Windows 2003 SBS R2 Server which after poor advice from HP The RAID Failed and I have no Data on the Drives. Under HP recommendation I had to recreate a New logical Drive which has left me with no data. I have a Microsoft Backup but unsure how to do a complete restore. I have started to install Windows and think I then do a restore with MS Backup but unsure and was hoping someone could advise. It's now 18:18 and I'm going to be stuck here for a while ! Anyones help would be very welcomed !! Thanks Brandan Hi Brandan, Create the same size partit...

Presentation help needed using excel and powerpoint
There is a meeting coming where every one speaker are given one minute time to give their speech. There are two computers and two users to keep track of speeches and show them (current speech on top, next below and so on) on a large screen. Other types names of the speakers to the excel and other updates the list and displays it using powerpoint. Need help how to transfer files between computers effectively and so that screen is only updated. Thanks ...

Need Great Plains Independent Consultants in California Bay Area
Hello, We are located in the California Bay Area and are looking for Great Plains Independent Consultants to work in the area full time/part time/weekends. We are interested in Great Plains technical or functional experts in any of the modules. If you know Great Plains accounting with FRx, Great Plains with sql/crystal reporting, Great Plains functional or technical experts - send us your resume at greatplainsuser@gmail.com Sincerely. Dear CRM, R u looking from outside of the US also if yes then am a techno-functional consultatn with 5+ yrs of GP experience incuding hardcore dexter...

Isinteg redirect temp file to a different drive
Where does isinteg put the temporary files at? Can you redirect these files to a different drive and path? This is on an Exchange 2003. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote: >Where does isinteg put the temporary files at? Can you redirect these >files to a different drive and path? This is on an Exchange 2003. ISINTEG doesn't create a full copy of the database and start working on it, it works on the main copy, so in that sense there isn't a temporary file, not like with eseutil. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.or...

Drop Ship
I am entering a drop ship sales order and then creating a drop ship purchase order. The drop ship sales order needs to be invoiced before we receive the accounts payable invoice. GP doesn't allow that until the ap invoice is matched. Obviously for cash flow purposes we wouldn't want to wait. I know we can break the link on the po and so but we really don't want to do that. Any suggestions? You also have the same problem if part of the order is delivered by one vendor and another has not yet shipped. We suggest the following in our soon to be released book Understanding P...

Assistance dealing with duplicate items imported from Quickbooks needed please.
Hi. First I'm new to access. I have version 2007. I'm setting up a mailing list in our small office. We use quickbooks software for our retail sales. All information is collected there. My goal on the access side is to compile mailing lists for advertising. I plan on exporting information from quickbooks, into excel (i know how to do this) and then importing excel into access (i know how to do this). My question really relates to the duplicate records (from repeat customers" that i'll encounter. Quickbooks doesn't use any "ID" (as far as i've found) ...

Unable to open Excel document
When I try to Open an Excel document (which has some macros) I get a message saying Unable to read file Can anyone help me open this document? >-----Original Message----- >When I try to Open an Excel document (which has some >macros) I get a message saying > >Unable to read file > > >Can anyone help me open this document? >. > Open a new Excel document, and in cell A1 type the FULL path, filename,sheet name and cell (A1) as a formula( start with the "=" sign) Drag this formula across and down. This should pick up the data from the file you c...

Can Visio convert and or open an iGrafx process map?
I have a process map done in Corel iGrafx Flowcharter 2003 and want to know if I can convert the file such that I can edit and play with it in Visio Professional 2003. Thanks I have an IGX format file that needs to be converted to Visio as well. Seems some seminar presenters are giving out their sample files in this format, and I would REALLY prefer not to add yet another flow charting tool to our environment here. Has anyone developed a solution for this? Thanks! "Dellitot" wrote: > I have a process map done in Corel iGrafx Flowcharter 2003 and want to know > ...