Hyperlinks to files on network drivers

Hello,

I have a problems with creation of hyperlinks to files on
company network drivers.

I have a name for a link in a cell. Than I follow routine
and press hyperlink button, etc. Pressing OK and created.
It works.

After an Excel file is closed and reopened it does not
work. When I try edit hyperlink I can see something like
this: '../../../../Groups/EEDS/COMMON/QUALITY...'. In my
situation 'G:/EEDS/...' is replaced
with '../../../../Groups/EEDS/...'.

What is going on? Where did those dots and slashes come
from?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Fornol
0
anonymous (74722)

Not sure if this the problem, but the following caused me some problems last
week:

The drive that you see "G:\" may not be the actual drive address.  For
example, my L:\ drive is actually \\usatlc03\APPM-SYS\ on the network.

"Fornol" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problems with creation of hyperlinks to files on
> company network drivers.
>
> I have a name for a link in a cell. Than I follow routine
> and press hyperlink button, etc. Pressing OK and created.
> It works.
>
> After an Excel file is closed and reopened it does not
> work. When I try edit hyperlink I can see something like
> this: '../../../../Groups/EEDS/COMMON/QUALITY...'. In my
> situation 'G:/EEDS/...' is replaced
> with '../../../../Groups/EEDS/...'.
>
> What is going on? Where did those dots and slashes come
> from?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Fornol

0
CWILSON1 (28)
1/5/2005 3:43:07 PM
I have exactly the same problem...has anyone out there an answer for
this.
Thanks

--
Garry41
Garry41's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31830

Have you tried the hyperlink function?   Do you have the same problem with
that?

"Garry41" <Garry41.23njsc_1140647703.0839@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Garry41.23njsc_1140647703.0839@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I have exactly the same problem...has anyone out there an answer for
> this.
> Thanks
>

> --
> Garry41