How to use count for calls per hour

I am trying to create a pivot table and chart that will show me the # of
calls per hour by day for a range of dates Aug 1 - Sept 19.  My data looks
like this where each line is the date and time of the call:

How do I get a count of the # of the calls per hour by day?

8/1/08 12:48 AM
8/1/08 1:53 AM
8/1/08 2:36 AM
8/1/08 3:24 AM
8/1/08 3:37 AM
8/1/08 4:04 AM
8/1/08 4:44 AM
8/1/08 4:55 AM
8/1/08 4:58 AM
8/1/08 7:02 AM
8/1/08 7:28 AM
8/1/08 7:43 AM
8/1/08 7:47 AM
8/1/08 7:56 AM
8/1/08 7:58 AM
8/1/08 8:13 AM
8/1/08 8:33 AM
8/1/08 9:07 AM
8/1/08 10:28 AM
8/1/08 10:38 AM
8/1/08 10:44 AM
8/1/08 11:10 AM

--
kg

Hi,

Assuming you are in Excel 2003 or earlier and that the date is in one column
and the time in the second column.
1. Create a pivot table with the Date field in the row area and the Time
field in the row area and the data area.
2. The Date field should be the outer row field (to the left of the Time
field)
3  Click in the Time field of the row area and choose PivotTable, Group and
Show Details, Group.  In the Grouping dialog box select Hours and delselect
anything else.

--
Cheers.,
Shane Devenshire

"kg" wrote:

> I am trying to create a pivot table and chart that will show me the # of
> calls per hour by day for a range of dates Aug 1 - Sept 19.  My data looks
> like this where each line is the date and time of the call:
>
> How do I get a count of the # of the calls per hour by day?
>
> 8/1/08 12:48 AM
> 8/1/08 1:53 AM
> 8/1/08 2:36 AM
> 8/1/08 3:24 AM
> 8/1/08 3:37 AM
> 8/1/08 4:04 AM
> 8/1/08 4:44 AM
> 8/1/08 4:55 AM
> 8/1/08 4:58 AM
> 8/1/08 7:02 AM
> 8/1/08 7:28 AM
> 8/1/08 7:43 AM
> 8/1/08 7:47 AM
> 8/1/08 7:56 AM
> 8/1/08 7:58 AM
> 8/1/08 8:13 AM
> 8/1/08 8:33 AM
> 8/1/08 9:07 AM
> 8/1/08 10:28 AM
> 8/1/08 10:38 AM
> 8/1/08 10:44 AM
> 8/1/08 11:10 AM
>
> --
> kg

Using Function to call Woorbook Sheet
I would like to use WEEKDAY() to call a particular Sheet in a Wookbook. The Sheets are called Sunday - Saturday and I have an IF statement that needs to check for particular information on that sheet depending on what day it is. Have it currently functioning but it is taking up way to much space. I am unable to update my code with other functions that I need it to calculate until I can figure this part out. Code =IF(OR(AND((TEXT(TODAY(),"dddd")="Monday"),(HLOOKUP(MOD(NOW(),1),Monday!$B$1:$BA$40,2))>0),AND((TEXT(TODAY(),"dddd")="Tuesday"),(HLOOKU...

Displaying Counts when Filtering
Usually when using the filter function, the total records in the spreadsheet and the number of records that match the filter criteria are displayed on the lower left of the window (I guess it's the status bar). However, for certain files that I have, no counts are displayed when I filter. Does anyone know if there is a setting in the file that causes this or something else that needs to be changed? I do notice this happens frequently with files created by exporting from Access, but not always. It also happens with other files, but I can't find a common denominator. Hi To...

use a time value in a bar graph
i have values in a series like c5 9:01 d5 21:01 e5 =(d5-c5) I would like to use e5 in a bar graph it gives values which would make sense only to excel If the axis is formatted as time, it shouldn't be a problem. If it doesn't choose the scales to give clean divisions, you can choose an appropriate unit on the axis, such as 03:00. -- David Biddulph "pdfrone" <pdfrone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8C14E9F-104A-464A-81B6-39DA2C679E71@microsoft.com... >i have values in a series > > like > > c5 9:01 > d5 21:01 > e5 =(d5-c5...

Con't use capplication object
Hi everyone. I have developed an application.This application has a excel file list control.When i double click in the excel file list control,the excel application will run and open the corresponding excel file, and another window which has another list control is opened. When I selected a cell in the excel window and then double click in the list control,the selected list control item value will be put into the selected cell.I use the following code : CRange cr=m_ExcelApplication.get_ActiveCell(); cr.put_Value2(COleVariant(value)); m_ExcelApplication is the excel application instance...

Problem using Microsoft Web Browser control
I am trying to access the Custom properties of a Web Browser ActiveX control on a form and I keep getting a message telling me that "The Operation on the Microsoft Web Browser object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." I searched TechNet and MSDN and could not resolve this. I reinstalled Access 2003 (I have 2003 and 2007 installed on my workstation, XP Pro) and still no resolution. Has anyone else seen this and if so, can you tell me how to resolve this? Jim Does anyone know the name of the file the message...

Changing my functions to use subtotals?
I have 2 functions that are calculating my data correctly, except now I need to consider the autofilter. I figure using subtotal is the way to go if I want to disregard filtered out rows. Also, I plan on moving my data to another sheet, so it will need to reference the current sheet, which is AAT_Raw_Data. Finally, the # of rows of data will vary, but I don't think it will ever be over 10,000. I'm using Excel 2003, so I think there's an issue with using something like "A:A" in my formulas. Can someone help me change these to add in a subtotal and take into...

How to Populate .msg File Used in Command Line
I have a .msg file I saved as a boilerplate for Calendar requests that will be programmatically started in an application I am developing. I want to be able to modify the Calendar request's date, time, duration, and message contents based on the user's inputs prior to opening the .msg file. After the user verifies the contents, he/she will click the <Send> button. Currently, from the command line, I can run "c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\outlook.exe" /f "c:\p_review\PR.msg" The Calendar request opens with the boilerplate. Ho...

cleare space using shrink
Hello there I have server which has not enough disk space. I have removed an unessesery data from my databases which is approx 50% of the datbase which is 20 GB As i know i need at least 20 GB on the HDisk to run the shrink (which i don't have, at least 10 GB). how can i free space in this case? ...

Count of Unique Items?
Hi, I have a worksheet (Sheet1) where column A consists of dates (in date order). I need to look at this column from another sheet (Sheet2) in the same workbook and return the number of unique dates in this column. For example, on Sheet1 cell A1 has the heading Date, A2 is 10/01/04, A3 is 10/01/04, A4 is 10/01/04 and A5 is 10/05/04. From cell A1 on Sheet2 I need to look at the range A2:A5 on Sheet1 and return the number 2 (the number of unique dates in the range). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Monte Sliger Try the following... =SUM(IF(Sheet1!A2:A5<>"",1/COUN...

How to check if mouse wheel has been used, system-wide?
Hi! I have the following task - I need to check time to time if mouse wheel has been used by the user, in ANY application. I have some kind of user activity detector, to do certain actions in application when user is idle for some time. It would be nice to have the ability to check if mouse wheel has been used. I already know how to check for keyboard (GetKeyboardState and compare with previous call's result) and mouse (GetCursorPos and compare with previous call's result). I know how to set up a hook, and can achieve what I need via hook. But, customer says sometimes system runs slo...

Create Assembly Call
hi All, can the create assembly call under update entity be used to add a certain number of hours/days/months/years to a date. i am trying to do this workflow if variable 1 = yes then create a task update variable 1 sent = yes variable 1 date = execution time can i use the create assembly workflow to add x number of days to variable 1 date and show in variable 2 date. any advice would be helpful please. thanks heaps regards Ridhima If Variable 1 Date is a DateTime field in CRM, then yes. You can use the Add DateTime assembly to take the Value in the DateTime field (which would be t...

Possible to call Linux machine from MFC?
Hi, I've been searching for some answers to this online but it's really outside my experience, which is mostly with MFC. I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to call an executable that resides on a machine running linux and pass both input arguments and get return values from the linux executable. ( The hardware we want to interact with is only accessible from the linux machine.) TIA for any help or pointers. Regards, Gerry Murphy > I've been searching for some answers to this online but it's really > outside > my experience, which is mostly...

how to use a saved master page
I have created a new master page and saved it as a .pub file. The question is when opening a new document, how do I apply the saved master file? Open the master file, copy, paste to your new publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Colin" <Colin @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3C59647-7D56-46B9-AA56-C707538ECDED@microsoft.com... >I have created a new master page and saved it as a .pub file. The question > is when opening a new document, how do I apply the saved mas...

Using skins in a multiline edit box
Hi, I have a dialog based application, in which I have a multi-line edit control. In the edit control, I would like to have a background image, say some .bmp file. Some status messages are to be displayed in the edit control, based on certain user actions in the dialog. How do I go about this? Thanks, Sucharit you can do it, i think, if you were to create a class which inherited from the edit control, then in the override the OnDraw()/OnPaint() event, where you first get the rect, and draw your bitmap resource, then call the parent event method to do the rest... I don't know if t...

Setup Outlook 2003 to reply using Quotes
I have read some posts already but I am not clear on the quoting/replying method. I have set outlook 2003 as follows: Tools/options/mail - preferences tab - mail options, and then set to prefix with a > for replys and forwards. I get a whole bunch of > on some messages and mostly blue lines on the side for the rest, so I can't do the proper quoting. How is this supposed to be setup? Each time you reply should I cut and paste the text I don't want in the message or is there something that helps do that? If you can reply to this message and use the quoting method as the other g...

Using XSD stored in assembly resource with includes
I am trying to validate an XML file against an XSD that is stored in the assembly as an embedded resource. I can get it to work as long as the XSD does not include other XSDs. After a fair amount of searching, I have found 3 possible solutions but none have worked for me. They are: 1. Use the Includes property of XmlSchema to add included XSDs, then call Compile XmlSchema mainSchema = XmlSchema.Read( stream1, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema1 = XmlSchema.Read( stream2, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema2 = XmlSchema.Read( stream3, null ); mainSchema.Includes.Add( includeSchema1 ...

Limited User can't use Money
I've installed Money 2004 in hopes to clear this same problem I had with 2001, to no avail. I installed Money 04 with my System Administrator acct. It works fine for me. But when my wife tries with her Limited Account, she cannot get access. How do I get her access to this program and data? I've tried installing it in the All Users dir, but no help. I really don't want to give her Sys Admin priveleges just to use Money. Thanks to anyone that can help. MS Support has no info on this, nor does a Google search turn anything up. If she creates a new Money file, can you b...

Using Code instead of Criteria
In my query builder, I'm getting the message: "The string returned by the builder is too long. The result will be truncated." I think I understand why, as I am using a form to specify a large number of options for the report. Can I use VB to specify these criteria instead of the query builder? Examples in query builder: If [Forms]![boxSeatsMailings]![PW] Criteria =1 and (PFDirect>0 or PFBulk>0 or PIDirect>0) then select record. If [Forms]![boxSeatsMailings]![PW] Criteria =2 and (PFDirect>0 or PFBulk>0 or PIDirect>0) then select record. As ind...

counting seconds
=SECOND(NOW()) and holding down the F9 key starts at whatever the second hand is pointing at and counts up to 59, then starts back at 0, 1, 2, to 59, 0, 1, 2 and so on. How can I write it so it starts at 0, and counts 1, 2, 3,...,59, 60,61,...forever? Hi have a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm (at the bottom of this site): There are some example counters / stop timer functions. This may what you're looking for -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:143e601c3f7f9$b63ac...

Can I use 'or' in conditional formatting?
I'd like to have 4 conditions, Red, Yellow, and Green. But I have two conditions for green, without using two conditions for green is there a way to use OR somehow to beat the limit? Thanks, Norm PS Win2000 + XL2002 Sure ... just click on "Formula Is", and you can use "OR" for more then two conditions. For example: =OR(A1=2,A1=4,A1="good",A1="bad") Will trigger the set format if "any" of the above equate to "True". -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all corr...

Count with two criteria
I am working in Excel 2003, I am trying to count with two criteria and multiple sheets. I am using this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(('Sum 1Q10'!A2:A4="BKD")*('Sum 1Q10'!F2:F4="Open")) my result is 0. It should be 1. Is there another way to do this? I really need help. Lisak- There are a couple of approaches to do this; I'll give you the one I use out of habit. The sumproduct conditions evaluate to true or false. You have to force them back to a numeric format. Some folks do that with a leading double negative on each condition. I tend to ...

Try again: Using mail-to hyperlink with an attachment
I'm creating forms using Excel and Word. Somewhere in the form is an email address. I can use Edit-hyperlink to specify the recipient address of the email address as well as the subject field. Great. What I'd really like is to be able to specify that the form file itself (the ..doc or .xls) is also attached to the email message. I'd like to specify that right in the hyperlink. Then it can act as a workflow. I don't know anything about VBA so I'd rather not go there. Is this possible? Hi Hall, No, I don't think it is possible without some amount of VBA - I c...

How to clean 0x0E value from file when using XSL?
I have some code that cleans up an xml file before running xsl transformation on it due to what I call bad characters in the data. I have as an example: str = Replace(str, "&#x19;", ".") str = Replace(str, "&#x18;", ".") In there as filters to strip out characters XSL doesn't like and replace it with periods. I am now getting an exception of a hex value of 0x0E however can't figure out what the string replace value should be for this one. From what I can tell, it's some kind of "shift out" character whatever that is. A...

Need Help Using A Custom Session Manager
Hi. I have some questions about session management. I have decided to use a custom session manager class to have more control over session state in my web site. I have started out by using Stephan Prodan's Session Class here: http://stefanprodan.spaces.live.com/?_c11_BlogPart_BlogPart=blogview&_c=BlogPart&partqs=cat%3DC%2523 You'll need to take a look (which I appreciate immensely) to get a sense of what I am talking about. 1) My first question pertains to how I persist and access my session information after a user authenticates (or doesn't). In his exam...

When to use contact and account
We are working on MS CRM for a retail bank. It has both individual customers and corporate customers. Considering the requirement we thought of storing both of them in the Account entity. Is this a good approach or will it have any impact on the OOTB functionality. Should we be using contact for Individual customers? Thanks, MVJ On Jan 12, 7:47=A0pm, mvj123 <mvj...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are working on MS CRM for a retail bank. It has both individual custom= ers > and corporate customers. Considering the requirement we thought of storin= g > both of them i...