How to split numbers and decimal in 2 columns

One column for the dollars and the other for the cents?  If so, use the Text
to Columns, Use Delimited as the split option (Step 1) and select Other, type
in the decimal point in the blank to the right of the Other option in step 2.

This is good, but how do i keep it in the colums is i introduce new data and
how do i sum it up (the colums) to get a final number with decimals in there
corresponding colums?
0
yodochi (1)

Dollars in in B, cents in C, Data shown

Dollars	Cents	Cu Sum
7	56	7.56
3	44	11.00
2	24	13.24
45	23	58.47

C2:  =SUM($B$2:B2)+SUM($C$2:C2)/100 and copy down

Regards
Peter A

"yodochi" wrote:

> One column for the dollars and the other for the cents?  If so, use the Text
> to Columns, Use Delimited as the split option (Step 1) and select Other, type
> in the decimal point in the blank to the right of the Other option in step 2.
>
> This is good, but how do i keep it in the colums is i introduce new data and
> how do i sum it up (the colums) to get a final number with decimals in there
> corresponding colums?
0
BillyLiddel (193)
7/23/2007 9:20:02 PM
If you split  200.50 into two columns using Data>Text to Columns with decimal as
separator, you now have cells with  200 and 5 which if added is 205

You no longer have 200.50 because the decimal point is gone.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:40:04 -0700, yodochi <yodochi@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>One column for the dollars and the other for the cents?  If so, use the Text
>to Columns, Use Delimited as the split option (Step 1) and select Other, type
>in the decimal point in the blank to the right of the Other option in step 2.
>
>This is good, but how do i keep it in the colums is i introduce new data and
>how do i sum it up (the colums) to get a final number with decimals in there
>corresponding colums?

0
Gord

Outlook 2003 mail rules #2
Is it possible to change a rule so that the connection between conditions is OR rather than AND? I'd like to apply the same rule to mail that goes *to* someone or comes *from* them (move it to their folder) This looks fundamentally impossible, as you have to chose upfront whether your rule will handle incoming or outgoing mail, and those choices are mutually exclusive. -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk Create two rules to move the mail to the same folder - one that acts on outgoing and one that acts on incoming. -- Bill R MVP "S...

Count how many times the same word appears in column
Hello, I have a long list of about 50,000 words in column A. Some of these words are the same. I want to know the exact number of times each word appears in the A column. And I want to sort these words based on how many times they appear in the A column. How can I do that? Alexa =countif(A:A,B1),if B1= you word In B1, add =COUNTIF($A:$A,A1) Copy down Then sort by column B -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Alexa" <forums@discountcosmeticsguide.com> wrote in message news:5035b11a.0504160444.6b89e3a2@posting.google.com... > Hel...

Printer button #2
Does anyone know how to remove the printer button in publisher 98 ...

Split window in Outlook 2003?
Hello! I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that you can se both your emails (Inbox with preview) and your calender? -- Andreas Andreas <Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that > you can se both your emails (Inbox with preview) and your calender? No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wrote: > Andreas <Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that >...

Excel 2007 Beta 2
I have a column in Excel where I pasted user names from SharePoint. Unfortunately the values now have a URL association with it. Is there any way to remove the URL from the entire column without having to do it line by line? Thanks C http://spaces.msn.com/cjvandyk Probably yes. Post some varied examples of your data. -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Cornelius J. van Dyk [MVP]...

Find a empty cell in next column
hi. Dave helped me with this before, now i need more help. I use this code to find a column called PoF and the numbers written in the cells below it. This code work in every row/column (i dont need to name it). PoFRow = 0 PoFCol = 0 On Error Resume Next PoFRow = Worksheets(2).Range("PoF").Row PoFCol = Worksheets(2).Range("PoF").Column On Error GoTo 0 If PoFRow = 0 Then MsgBox "No range named PoF on worksheet:" ' & .Name ' Else Set numberPoF = Nothing On Error Resume Next Set num...

splitting RFC 1183 digests
I subscribe to a mailing list and receive daily digests, formatted according to RFC 1153. How can I split a digest into its individual messages? Thanks, -- Kevin Rodgers Sr. Software Engineer, IHS "Kevin Rodgers" <KevinRodgers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0138BA4D-37A6-4338-A707-02590998797A@microsoft.com... >I subscribe to a mailing list and receive daily digests, formatted according > to RFC 1153. How can I split a digest into its individual messages? But it's not really individual messages. It's just one big message ...

Sort column with multiple values
Is there a way to (data) sort columns so that multiple values are recognized? I have a column labeled lawsuit type where I classify cases (.i.e. fraud, discrimination). Some lawsuits fall into multiples categories (both fraud and discrimination). Right now it's just sorting in alphabetical order and only recognizes the first word I write in. Try Data > Filter > AdvancedFilter, and follow the menus........once set up, it will allow you to filter on multiple selections in a single column.......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "gildedlily" <gildedlily@discussions...

How can row data report into columns?
I have a spreadsheet where data is input by row left to right: A1 thru Z1 etc..... How can row data report into columns? AA1 thru AA26 etc where A1 would go into cell AA1 and B1 would fill into AA2 etc? Any way to do this? Thanks in advance, Louis "Louis" <a> wrote in news:5cqdnflHWtaqgiPVnZ2dnUVZ_iydnZ2d@suscom.com: > I have a spreadsheet where data is input by row left to right: A1 thru > Z1 etc..... > > How can row data report into columns? > > AA1 thru AA26 etc where A1 would go into cell AA1 and B1 would fill > into AA2 etc? Any way to do t...

error opening excel file #2
hi! i cannot open this excel file, an microsoft visual basic window appear saying "An error occur while loading 'Sheet32111111111111111111111111'. Do you want to continue loading the project?" i click yes, microsoft window appear and asking if i want to update this workbook? then i click no a Program Error window appear saying " An error log is being created" what happen to the excel file? the excel file is only 2.6Mb Hi jp- Without a lot more detail, one can only guess, but here are a couple of ideas. 1) The file may be damaged or corrupted in some way. Pe...

number formats and masks
Hi - I have a list of numbers whose formats i need to change. For example, the number 79.26 shows up in my formula bar as 79.25999999. How do I make all those 9's go away? Mike, Format as a number to 2 dec places, menu Format>Cells and so on. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b2901c3b8de$41876a70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - I have a list of numbers whose formats i need to > change. For e...

Converting number to written number
Our business software doesn't allow us to easily print off a quick cheque to payees that are not first established as vendors. I am trying to set up an excel cheque template to allow me to manually print off a cheque that I can later enter into our system. I would like to enter the amount in one cell and have another cell where that amount is converted automatically to a written representation of the number. (ie: ***One thousand, three hundred and twelve and 19/100 dollars***). I suspect that I would need to create a macro that would peel off each individual digit and convert it to a ...

CRM Connector for GP Install Error #2
I am installing the CRM 3.0 Connector for GP, and have hit an immediate roadblock. Install asks for CRM Access User, I enter the name and password for the user set up only for CRM management and integration. Install returns a warning that the user is part of the Administrator group, so I know install is accessing AD correctly. Clicking to continue past the warning, I receive an error "Specified Microsoft CRM Access User is not part of the Microsoft CRM Privelege User Group. Please specify another user or add this user to the Microsoft CRM Privelege User Group and click Next.&qu...

unwanted line and number in document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) An unwanted line with a number beneath (1 &amp; 2) has appeared at the bottom left hand side of the page in consecutive pages of a document. How do I remove? Based on your brief description the numbers could be either of several things � probably page numbering or footnotes. If you can be more descriptive of the situation it will make it easier to give you the proper direction for dealing with them. Accurate details are important. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/12/10 8:54 PM, in article 59b...

Displaying 2 straight lines
Hi, Hope someone can tell me how to do this.... I have one set of points which form a straight line - these are (3.1,0), (3.1,100), (3.1,200), (3.1,300) i.e. a vertical line. I have another set of points that form a straight line - these are (0,0), (3.1,100), (6.2,200), (9.3,300). I have two problems displaying these: (1) I want both lines to appear on the same graph; (2) I want the traingle formed by the points (3.1,100), (3.1,300) and (9.3,300) to be shaded, as this indicates a surplus (for the purposes of illustration). I would imagine there would definitely be a way to display ...

icverify #2
Does icverify work with rms, if so can anyone guide me how to set it up? AKA ICTERIFFY dont do it get TPI -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "TJW" <TJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2FD0587-E660-4570-AB66-FDEAD847E8D3@microsoft.com... > Does icverify work with rms, if so can anyone guide me how to set it up? On Mar 25, 12:55=A0pm, "Maurice @ ARS" <maur...@americanretailsupply.com> wrote: > AKA ICTERIFFY dont do it get TPI > > -- > Maurice Gordon > Maur...@america...

I am receiving 2 of each email, how do I get rid of this in outloo
what type of email account? Version of Outlook? Is antivirus email integration enabled? -- Bill Rodgers MVP "K8teu" <K8teu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B17269D3-2068-4C3D-AC2F-AC1E167F6955@microsoft.com... > ...

Create Pivot Table Data with Column "Sum" rather than "count" defa
I have a large set of data (20,000 rows and about 100 coulmns). I wish to select about 5 columns for a pivot "rows" and about 60 columns to place in pivot "data". Unfortunately, when I drag these columns into "data", all of them default to "count" of column. I then have to manually change each one to "Sum". Is there a simple way to change this default to "sum" without a 2nd step for each field added? If you have any non-numeric data in a field (empty cells are non-numeric!), then excel will use Count. But you could tak...

New mail notification #2
Is there a way to have the new mail notification box/window stay up longer than 30 seconds in Outlook 2003 like you used to be able to do in older versions of Outlook (i.e. like Outlook 2000)? I am not talking about the little envelope that appears in the task bar, but the notification box window that appears in the lower corner of the screen (used to appear right in the middle of the scree). Thanks Sounds like you're asking about the popup notification window from MSN Messenger when it detects you have new e-mails. -- ____________________________________________________________...

Summarize a column
Hi! I want to summarize parts of a column E if column D have the value "Yes" Colum D Column E Yes kr 30 965,50 Yes kr 19 875,00 Yes kr 5 400,00 Yes kr 5 400,00 Yes kr 7 704,70 No kr 1 000,00 No kr 1 350,00 No kr 400,00 The answer here should be 69 345,20 What function do I use and how will it look like with parameters? -- regards Zadig Galbaras A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic - Zadig Galbaras wrote: > Hi! > >...

How can I work out percentages of a particular column?
Hi I have 1160 rows of client information listing the addresses and country. The last column is the country and what I would like to do is to show a graph that calculates how many times a country is listed in the column and then work out the percentage of it's use. For example, assuming it was 100 clients and only United Kingdom, USA and France were listed with UK being listed 41 times, USA listed 36 times and France listed 23 times, I would like to see a chart that says United Kingdom 41%, USA 36% and France 23% I don't care what sort of chart can prioduce this but...

This transaction cannot be entered #2
I am getting an error message when I try to enter a transaction. This was ok 2-3 days ago, the last time I used Money (2004). Anyone else getting this error? "This transaction cannot be entered" -- Joel Zinn Joel, Please see Microsoft KB #288385. Your Money file may have become corrupted. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288385 -Gary "Joel Zinn" <Joelz@zinn-4.com> wrote in message news:%23NM6N4ocEHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... I am getting an error message when I try to enter a transaction. This was ok 2-3 days ago, the la...

Forwarding problems #2
I have setup my domain to receive mail sent to it be sent to an external internet address( a hotmail account). My problem is that, only mail sent from a hotmail account will be delivered. Mail sent from elsewhere , like a yahoo account will immediately be rejected with a message: I have given up on 71.245.3.201( which is the ip address of my exchange server.) What is the problem? I have not tried with other email services. Would appreciate any help your server is on RBL list http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=71.245.3.201 -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________...

populating neighbouring columns based on drop-down choice
I have a worksheet which contains a column listing types of issues. Another column lists examples of each of these issues. (e.g., "ALT incorrect" is the issue and "ALT missing", "ALT should be empty", and "ALT not accurate" are all examples) The other worksheets all are testing results tracking these issues by webpage. The issue column on each of these worksheets is populated as a dropdown based on a Defined Name from the first worksheet's issues column via a Validated Data List. I would like to construct a neighbouring column on each of thes...

Need to Keeping Same Display Value on 2 Workbooks
I am using Excel 2003 and have 2 XLS files. In Workbook1 cell A1 is defined as =TEXT(NOW(),"yymmddhhmmss") which, for example, correctly displays the format of 100409153548. Workbook2 has a macro (thanks to Ron de Bruin) that copies data from Workbook1 to Workbook2. My issue is the value from Workbook1 cell A1 shows in Workbook2 as ... 1.00409E+11 How can I get the copied cell in Workbook2 to display as 100409153548? Part of the macro that copies the data over uses the Value property to copy a range to Workbook2, as follows... With SourceRange ...