how to show formula in formula bar

How do I make the formula show in the formula bar and keep it there?

Select the cell with the formula.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"cattywampus" <cattywampus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I make the formula show in the formula bar and keep it there?

0
Bernie
6/10/2005 5:41:45 PM
go to

tools<>options<>view<>
and tick the formula bar

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K

"cattywampus" <cattywampus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I make the formula show in the formula bar and keep it there?

Taskbar Address Bar in Windows 7 64
How do you remove url address from the Taskbar -Address bar?(not IE8 address bar)? anyone? Received the answer from here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories The answer cut & pasted from forum: Thanks to DavidGP Hi! They are stored at this location in the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TypedPaths (to open the registry in the Start Search Box type regedit and hit enter then navigate to that location) You will see once you click the TypedPaths folder a list of links called URL1, URL2, URL3 etc...

Why doesn't a person's Title show up in mail merge?
Hello all. I created a postcard in Publisher and then did a mail merge using my Outlook Contacts. It worked perfectly EXCEPT it ignored the Title field. I tried different fields; I inserted "Job Title," "Title," and "Courtesy Title", but the person's title never appeared in the address portion of the postcard. What am I missing? I hope someone has insight into this and I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Cat. I don't use the Mail Merge function so my suggestion may be a bit off. Did you add the Field Code for the Title in the Mail Merg...

CSplitterWnd scroll bar
Hello, I would like to disable scroll bars in a splitter view, how to do that ? Does anyone have an idea ? Each time i resize a window in my app. there is 2 scroll bars, one for the splitter wnd and the other for the view in the child window of the splitter. Thanks Remove the WS_HSCROLL and WS_VSCROLL from your views and frame. AliR. "Pierre Nord" <pierre.nord@nospam.moccom> wrote in message news:45d88f26$0$3507$426a34cc@news.free.fr... > > Hello, > > I would like to disable scroll bars in a splitter view, how to do that > ? > Does ...

How do I have Bar Codes appear in Excel?
I am creating an inventory spreadsheet for my workplace. I wanted to list the products as well as list their respective UPC/Bar codes. I am not sure how make them appear as the actual bar codes. Max See this, Max: http://www.officearticles.com/misc/fonts_and_barcodes_in_microsoft_office.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70974265-E468-4D8A-9946-53EF8ACA1329@microsoft.com... >I am creating an inventory spreadsheet for my workplace. I wanted to list > the products as well as list their respe...

Columns showing up as thin vertical lines
We have a chart that is showing the thin vertical lines for the columns. We tried resetting the default settings and it changed several things, but not the columns . . . they remained thin vertical lines. We have tried changing the gaps and have tried deleting/recreating the chart. There are several other charts which were created in this file that are just fine. Oh, and our chart does not preview any different. We have found that if we remove enough data points the lines ever so slightly widen to thin columns. This chart is not showing any greater amount of data than the others i...

How can I show U.S. country code (+1) in my contacts?
I've moved to Italy, and would like to have the U.S. country code show in my Outlook contacts (as the code for other countries currently does). I've changed my default location in the Windows 7 control panel, but this hasn't had the desired result. Any option settings I'm missing? Which location did you set, and to what? Did you enable the option to automatically add country code to your Contacts? -- Russ Valentine "Matt D." <Matt D.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:709C5A1B-F303-498B-846E-AF0DD7B968F8@microsoft.com... > I&#...

PivotTable "show data value as" question
Hi all, I have a problem about using Pivot Table in Excel 2003: In a pivot table I have a date field, grouped by year and month, as the row field. The data field of the table is anything that can be summed. Now when I tried to display the data field value as "Difference from previous month", I found that January of each year is always blank, ideally the data value in January should be display as the difference between the actual January value minus December value of the last year. Any tricks to show them? Thanks a lot. Frederick Chow Hong Kong. If you group the dates by ...

Enter date into Formula
I want to have a date without using date function in another function, i.e., MATCH(01/02/2010,OFFSET(CC1stDate,1,0):OFFSET(CCDateCol,CCRowLast-1,0),1)+5 I use the #01/02/2010# in VBA. Is there a simular notation in EXCEL? -- Thanks, Don On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:40:01 -0800, DRA <DRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to have a date without using date function in another function, i.e., >MATCH(01/02/2010,OFFSET(CC1stDate,1,0):OFFSET(CCDateCol,CCRowLast-1,0),1)+5 > >I use the #01/02/2010# in VBA. Is there a simular notation in EXCEL? The DATE function ...

Insert formula even cells with data below it
Using this code Sub Insertformula () For Check = 4 To 40000 Step 2 If Cells(Check, "b") <> "" Then Cells(Check, "b") = "=IF(OR(I5="",J5=""),"",NETWORKDAYS(I5,J5,Holidays!A$1:A$39)-1)" Next Check End Sub My objective is to put this formula =IF(OR(I5="",J5=""),"",NETWORKDAYS(I5,J5,Holidays!A$1:A$39)-1) Into every even cell in Column B with data below it. However if you tried the macro you would see it does not work. If I could get any help thank you. Please tell ...

How to show recordset in datasheet?
I have brainfreeze! After creating a recordset by set x = dbs.openrecordset(strSQL) and doing all the great With x commands I would like to see the recordset in datasheet view. How do I do that?? Thanks. rick "rick" <rstreet@rogers.com> wrote in message news:%23Nz9DpRPIHA.4272@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have brainfreeze! > > After creating a recordset by set x = dbs.openrecordset(strSQL) and doing all > the great With x commands I would like to see the recordset in datasheet view. > > How do I do that?? As far as I know you can't. You need a ...

Stopping a formula once a condition has been met.
Cell A1 of my worksheet contains the following formula: ='[WTA Work History Overall.xlsx]Retirement Summary'!Retirement_Payment Cell A2 contains a date. Is there any way that the formula in cell A1 can be constructed so that once the date exceeds the date in cell A2 that the formula stops updating the value in cell A1 and just shows the value that was in place prior to exceeding the date in A2? A formula can only return a value so with something like the following: =IF(DATEVALUE("29/11/2009")>A1,"A1 expired",A1 If the date in A1 was before to...

Trying to create a formula for adding and subtracting columns.
I have a class that keeps a balance of "money" they earn in school. Each week we add the total then at the end of the month they subtract thing s they bought. So I would need a formula that adds the total for four rows and then subtracts in the fifth row to give me a final total. I am new to excel and am hoping I will be able to do it without too much trouble. I am usually a pretty quick learner. Are you wanting only to make this calculation occur on demand at the end of the month? If your happy for it to just calculate as you go along then just use "=A1+...

help with formula please #2

how do I get 1 soundtrack to play throughout slide-show in p-pt?
I am trying to get a song sound tack to play throughout a presentation, but everytime the slides change, the track stops and starts again...can anyone help me out? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01CAF402.23A30A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Good idea to mention the version of PowerPoint your using. See if this = does not work. Play sounds across multiple slides (A WAV runs through it) http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm=20 --=20 Michael Koerner MS MVP - Pow...

Formulas to reference range based on data in column
I probably didn't title this too well. I have a spreadsheet with 500 rows of data, sorted by the date in column A. I want to extract certain data from rows that all start with the same specified date. Previously I used an IF formula but that necessitates having the formula in 500 rows which won't work for my purposes. I'm going round incircles trying to think how best to achieve this. If you apply a filter to the date column for the selected date you can then just highlight the visible rows and copy/paste or cut/paste them elsewhere (eg another sheet) to extract ...

Excel formula ?. Help please.
I am in a number draw based on the lottery. Each member has 10 numbers and there are just over 400 members. I would like to try and set up a spreadsheet wherby I can enter a number in cell A1 and all cells which contain that number change to an X. Can it be done ?. Thanking you in anticipation. This is not exactly what you asked for, but: Say you have a long list of numbers in column C and your X-out value in cell A1. Then in cell B1 put: =IF(C1=$A$1,"X",C1) and copy down This will repeat the list in column C and "X-out" the value appearing in cell A1 -- Gary'...

Formula results display only after pressing Enter key
I import data from a database as a csv file and then save it as an Excel 2003 workbook. The first column in the spreadsheet contains a long list of four character entries. I remove the first character of each entry by inserting a column next to Column A and using the following formula: =right(A1, LEN(A1)-1) Usually, I can copy or drag the formula to the following cells in the inserted column and the formula results are displayed. However, today, when I copy the formula to the other cells, the results for Column B1 are copied to all the cells in Column B. When I look at the form...

Need Help With Copying Relative Formula
ello and thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction. I am running Excel 2003 on a Windows 2000 machine. I have 2 sheets in one workbook. sheet 1 is data input sheet 2 is summary I want to put this into summary ......A...........................B..........................C 1...='data input'B1........='data input'B2......='data input'B3 2....='data input'E1.......='data input'E2.......='data input'E3 I have about 100 rows each of about 10 columns that I wish to do this with. I know I can do it the long way by hand b...

Help for the formula
Dear All, Please i need the formula for colum D Status, it can display Pickcal or In or Out or Picked. Colum A Colum B Colum C Colum D Confirm Date scanin scanout Status Pickcal 17-03-10 11:38 In 17-03-10 11:38 17-03-10 11:49 Out 17-03-10 11:25 17-03-10 7:29 17-03-10 8:24 Picked 17-03-10 11:20 Picked Thans so much. Tr...

Outlook Embedded Images don't show, despite unclicking "Don't Show
Dear Experts, I'm running Outlook 2007 on Windows XP. Outlook won't show embedded images (like in emailed newsletters). I unclicked the "Don't Download pictures automatically in HTML email messages or RSS items", but it still won't show them. Actually, it will show some of the pictures, but it won't show the graphic/logo items of the newsletters. For all the things it is not showing, there is an empty square/rectangle. Nor will it show attachments in the body. Just a square. If I go to right click on the square, the only option is "copy." ...

Have a formula print to different worksheet
In Sheet1, I have a list of 20 products, each with a unique referenc number in column A. In Sheet2, I have a list of every potentia reference number, also in column A. I need a formula somewhere i Sheet1 that matches each reference number to its counterpart in Sheet and copies the data from that row (Sheet1) to the correct row i Sheet2. The biggest problem I'm having with this, is to create a formula in on cell (or sheet) and have the result appear in another cell/sheet. Would appreciate any help... :o ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.E...

Help with a formula #2
Hi, I am trying to create a fairly simple formula where when the use enters a 3 digit country code such as CAN, excel automatically enters the part of the world that code is from. So basically I have 7 categories (South America, North America, Asia Pacific, South Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa with each having the relevent 3 digit codes assigned to them for example North America = USA, YYZ, RDU - the most has 25 codes) so when USA is entered, the following cell would enter South America. So two things I guess I need to do :- 1) Assign country codes to country regions 2) Use a for...

If formula nesting
Does any one know if there is a limited number of arguments one can nest in an IF formula? I have tried entering 14 conditions and it will not accept after the 8th one. It tells me I have no false value. Or is there something wrong with my formula? =IF(H45=43.9, "Needles",IF(H45=21.95,"Needles",IF(H45=62.5,"HP",IF(H45=65,"HP",IF(H45=67.5,"HP",IF(H45=70,"HP",IF(H45=130,"HP",IF(H45=135,"HP",if(h45=140,"HP",if(h34=995,"CD",if(h34=1295,"CD",if(h34=1695,"CD",if(H34=1990,"CD...

How to show (+) in front of no. ??
Hi I have a list to calculate simple profit or loss.If there is loss it shows (-) minus sign in front of the number.But is it possible if there is profit it shows (+) sign in front of the number?? For example Purchase Sale P/L 100 50 -50 100 150 +50 -- Little Master ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Little Master's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28227 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=479711 Format cells>number Select the number fo...

How can I show Fields from the Contract Form on the Case Form ?
Hello, I want to show the schemafield contractnumber on the case form. I tried to add a field in the case customization. I also mapped the field in the Deployment Manager from the schema contracts to the schema Incidient. The Result is a new Field on the Case Form without a value. Does anybody know how to map Schemafields from the schema contracts to the schema incidients. Thanks, Sebastian Evers This is not possible out of box. Your options right now is use SDK if you want to link in a field from Contract into Case. Or wait for v2.0 Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www....