How to set a value in a cell whose address is held in another cell

Say I  have A1=4 and A2="D3", can I write a macro to set D3=4, using the
information in A1:A2?
--
Ellis Morgan
0

Sub MakeItReal()
  Dim strText As String
  strText = Range("A2").Text
  Range(strText).Value = Range("A1").Value
End Sub
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA  .

In article <jlndga$cr4$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Jim Cone
<james.coneXxx@comcast.netXxx> writes
>Sub MakeItReal()
>  Dim strText As String
>  strText = Range("A2").Text
>  Range(strText).Value = Range("A1").Value
>End Sub

Thanks Jim, just what I needed.
--
Ellis Morgan
0

Ledger template shows $ when international setting is =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A3?=

Adding cells that already have formulas
i have a work book with formulas in cells, i need to add the results from the formulas in another cell. Why is something like =A3+B7 or =SUM(A3,B7) no appropriate? Jerry critter wrote: > i have a work book with formulas in cells, i need to add the results from the > formulas in another cell. Sorry i figured it out in my formulas i had "" so the new formula would not read the answers from the cells i had selected. "Jerry W. Lewis" wrote: > Why is something like > =A3+B7 > or > =SUM(A3,B7) > no appropriate? > > Jerry > &g...

Set default FAX number
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I would like to add a default FAX number in the Preferences -> User Information section, but the telephone entry for FAX number is grayed out. I have no idea how to set this -- without it, all templates that use this field are not filled in appropriately. As far as I can tell, you can't set this value in Word. I can do it here in Entourage. If I go into the Mac file system and open the Entourage entry that has changed, the Mac Address Book program starts and I can edit the value there, but I have...

unexpected program trying to access my e-mail addresses
every time i open a new message i get this pop-up from outlook: A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "NO". Allow access for (1min-10mins) YES NO HELP the help button gives no help on stopping this from happening. every time i click "No", then later open a mail, the same pop-up appears. i dearnt choose "YES"!!! can anyone help???? Installed Office 2002 SP3 lately? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002...

A 2nd version 2007 contact address book?
Is it possible to have two address books for contacts in Outlook 2007? If so, how to add..... Both are for personal use, one to maintain e-mail addresses seldom used and the other for daily use. I do not use enterprise, just ppo. tia shellyf wrote: > Is it possible to have two address books for contacts in Outlook 2007? > If so, how to add..... Both are for personal use, one to maintain > e-mail addresses seldom used and the other for daily use. Point to the Contacts folder. Right-click. Add new subfolder and name whatever you like. Now you have another contact-type folder. If ...

Importing Address Book
Hello, I've just gotten my computer back from getting reformatted. I saved all my addresses before I took the computer in as I have close to 1,000 email addresses that I did not want to re-enter. My question is this; these email addresses are sorted into various folders (not groups) but when I import the addresses they just get imported as one long list rather than sorted into the appropriate folders (the folders don't even import). Is there any way I can import it the way it is saved (.wab) without having to manually go through the address book, create new folders and mov...

Is a function or a number behind a cell?
Lets say that in column A there are several typed in numbers (2, 5, 8 ect) and some functions that result in a number. By looking at this sheet you cannot tell wether there is a typed in number of function behind a cell. Is there a function that i can put in column B that can tell you weather a the cell right next to it in column A is a typed in number of a function? thank you, bay Create a UDF Function IsFormula(rng As Range) If rng.Count > 1 Then IsFormula = CVErr(xlErrRef) Else IsFormula = rng.HasFormula End If End Function and use that -- HTH Bo...

sorting, borders going with cell content
Hi all, When I sort a column the order of cells will be rearranged, see this code: Worksheets("TRY").Columns("A:C").Sort Key1:=Range("C1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom ', _ 'DataOption1:=xlSortNormal. All cell details will go to the new place of the cell, like value, text color, italic, bold etc. and even fill color, but not the cell borders. I really need code to sort with which also the cell borders will change place, I mean the...

MACRO for moving rows from one worksheet to another
I have a workbook that has different classifications based on a dates (Classifications = Red, Green, Yellow). On the cumulative sheet I have all and then I have a separate sheet for each class. Using macros I want to copy the rows (B-M) that contain the class to its corresponding sheet (keeping the cumulative sheet populated). I have a formula to notate which row contains the appropriate color (Column A). Each sheet has the same header as the cumulative sheet. The most effective way is to create your own macro. Turn on the macro recorder, go through the steps to copy your d...

Turn a series of numbers in a cell into specific ranges
I will have on going spreadsheets that will have one column of comma delimited numbers.- the cell could contain anywhere from 15 - 150 numbers. What the desired result would be - in a new column is to turn that series of numbers into ranges or groupings for instance in my cell if I had 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,12,13,14,15,17,18,19,20,21 my new column would contain 1-8,12-15,17-21 Each spreadsheet might have 15-20 rows - possibly more so a macro or formula that would do this would be ideal - I'm honestly jsut stuck on what to search on to find my answer... This UDF seemed to work ok for ...

how to set Static's size
Env: WindowsXP, VC++6.00 I make a static by code as follows, class CMyDlg: public CDialog { protected: CStatic *m_pStatic; } void CMyDlg::CreateControl() { CString csStatic = "some text"; CRect rcStatic; int cxStatic; int cyStatic; //I don't know how to set up cxStatic and cyStatic, according to csStatic here? rcStatic.SetRect(1, 1, 1+cxStatic, 1+cyStatic); m_pStatic = new CStatic; m_pStatic->Create("", WS_VISIBLE|WS_CHILD|WS_BORDER, rcStatic, this, IDC_STATIC1); SetDlgItemText(IDC_STATIC1, csStatic); } I just don't...

What is viewable in a global address list.
How do I control what users? The "hidefrom list" on the users Exchange tab is checked but yet I can still see them when attaching to the LDAP and viewing the GAL. RUS is not running? If you have a reason to not run RUS you need to manually remove the ShowInAddressBook attributes on the objects in question. Oliver "VIDRO" <VIDRO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3726361-6404-42FF-8F51-E07F44353C2B@microsoft.com... > How do I control what users? > The "hidefrom list" on the users Exchange tab is checked but yet I can > stil...

How can I convolve 2 sets of data in Excel?
I want to apply windowing functions to the frequency domain data from Fourier analysis. This involves convolution with the transformed window function. For a Hann(ing) window this has only 3 real components but the convolution needs to 'wrap around' at the extremes of the frequency domain. Has anyone solved this problem and has a set of coeficients for all the common window functions? ...

How do I move a paragraph from below to above another paragraph
How do I re-position a paragraph above another? Cut and paste. or Select the whole paragraph and drag it to the new position. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Scarlett" <Scarlett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:429061F5-8436-4A1A...

How do I copy the wording of a cell into a tab?
I have a large workbook with the tab titles available to copy to save typing every single one, is it possible to populate the tabs by a form of copy-paste You want your sheet tab name to reflect the value of a particular cell within that sheet? You want to copy a sheet and rename the copy to the value of a cell within that sheet? Please explain in more detail. The lack of sentence structure makes it difficult to get a clear picture. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:18:01 -0800, Jamie <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a large wo...

unable to open Organisation settings and reports(from CRM applicat
Hi, i am not able to access reports (from application) on the machine on which SQL 2005 is installed when SQL Server 2005 and CRM application are installed on different machines. However if SQL 2005 and CRM are installed on a single machine, there is no problem to access reports (from application) this may be a kerberos issue. Check of the document on the microsoft.com downloads site that talks about additional steps needed when reporting and crm are on different boxes ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Kiran&q...

formula for visible cells
Can I copy a worksheet so that the new worksheet looks exactly like the visible portion of the old worksheet. For example, if I filter and sort, I only want what is left visible to appear in my new worksheet, and I want it to do it automatically without my having to copy and paste. Automatic means VBA code. See Ron de Bruin's site for copying filtered results. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 4 May 2010 11:32:01 -0700, jpstormy <jpstormy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I copy a worksheet so that the new workshee...

count in cell
Does anybody know how I can count the number of characters in a cell, I know how to use the 'count' and 'counta' function to count the number of cells used but not in a cell. Thanks =LEN(A1) -- ---------------------------- Mauro Gamberini "Joe" <someone@microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:%23sMRof72EHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know how I can count the number of characters in a cell, I > know > > how to use the 'count' and 'counta' function to count the number of cells > > used but not in a c...

Auto copy and insert a defined number of rows as defined in a cell
Hi I don't know much about VBA but could probably work something out. I need to produce carton labels from a spreadsheet using Word to mail merge and the labels need to include 1 of 10, 2 of 10 on them. The number of labels required is dependant on a number which is included for each row of data in the spreadsheet. What I am doing at the moment is copying each row and insert pasting the additional number of rows required. In the new rows I then add 1 of 10 in the first row, 2 of 10 in the second row etc. etc. This then enables me to perform the mailmerge. I have around 300...

Pivot Table VBA Reference Book & Blank Cells
Hi Everyone, I have a Pivot Table in Access 2003 and need the blank/null cells on the data axis to display "0". This is easy to do in Excel but I have searched through all of the options in Access and cannot find it. What is the VBA code required to set this option? Can anyone suggest a good reference book or website for coding Pivot Tables with VBA? Many thanks, David ...

how to read textbox value from vb.net
i have added a textbox from developer>control tab>activeXcontrol>textbox in word document 2007. the content of the textbox includes "my name is supriya upadhyay". now i want to open this word file from vb.net and wanna read the content of the textbox. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me out ...

How to find value that is bigger or smaller than 2SD?
I am new to excel, my question may be silly for you. But I really don't know how to do it and hope to get your help. I need to do statistic analysis of my data table which has lots of columns. First of all, in each column, I want to find and highlight the value that is bigger than mean+two times standard derivation, or smaller than mean-2* standard derivation. Do you have any suggestions about how to do it? Thanks alot, ming Hello, Maybe something like this ... Sub HighlightForMePlease() Dim rngLook As Range, c As Range, firstAddy As String Dim lngSTDEV1 As Double, lngSTD...

Extra/incorrect names in "To" address drop-down list
After you have sent emails to recipients, Windows Mail "remembers" the names/email addresses. Unfortunately, if you send an email using an incorrectly typed email address it remembers it also. Therefore, when you type the first letter of the recipient you are sending a message, both the incorrect and correct address appears, which can be troublesome if the incorrect address is not apparent. How do you remove the incorrect address from the drop-down? Thanks in advance. "lawdog1881" <lawdog1881@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C561E...

Excel -how do I edit an entry that's an email address
Excel has that annoying function that makes all email addresses clickable (like it or not), but as such, are extremely difficult to edit. How do I easily select it only to make changes? -- To reply by email, remove the word "space" Select the cell that the email address is in just by arrowing over to it if you don't want to accidentally click the email and then go to Insert- Hyperlink and on the bottom left of the box click "remove link" and then the email address won't be clickable anymore, thus your problem solved. This is annoying and in word I think you can...

Weighted Avg
I maintain a spreadsheet for a telephone hotline. We track total number of calls received (column F) as well as average time to answer the call (column J). To analyze the month's average time to answer, I use the following weighted average formula: SUMPRODUCT (J5:J26,F5:F26)/SUM(F5:26). I have 2 questions relating to this: 1) Is the above formula correct to determine the average speed to answer? I've assumed the weights to be the total number of calls received. 2) I have a different spreadsheet for each month (Jan, Feb, etc.). How can I properly show the weighted average as...