how to retrieve information that was saved on a floppy disk?

i saved information on a floppy disk 1.44 mb that was already formatted and
had information on it previosly. when i tried to open the floppy disk the
computer was telling to formatt my disk.where did all my information go? can
i get it back?
0
Asha (4)

I presume you have tried taking the floppy out and re-inserting it and
trying again?

Pete

0
pashurst (2576)

Saving New Documents on a network Drive.
Hiya. Whenever i make a new excel document and have to save it on our office network drive it says, "Cannot save Blank. This folder is read only." Only, the folderis NOT read only. All other software has no issues saving here but excel. any ideas? I'm sick of saving on the local drive and copying it over to the network drive. Thanks. Umm. . . any ideas? "MaxZ" <bmw@florida-counsel.com> wrote in message news:%23WKiYeI5FHA.2816@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hiya. Whenever i make a new excel document and have to save it on our > office network drive it...

Save causes Excel to stop responding
OK here's the deal. The environment: Small office LAN- Win'03 entry level server. 6 Win98 machines, 2 WinXP Pro machines We use an excel file to track our proposals (customer, equipment, date dollar amout, etc)- pretty basic. The only thing that isn't simpl data entry is the sequential numbers generated in one column. We've used this same format (sequential numbers modified) for the pas 4.5 years without hassle. Now the file is causing Excel on the 9 machines to lock up- "(not responding)". And on the XP machines it' claiming a sharing violation, though I can...

Turn off save work reminder
How can I stop being reminded to save my work in Publisher 2000? Thanks in advance, Josh Options, User Assistance tab, clear "Remind to save publication." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "josh page" <josqb@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:46b0a69f$0$8926$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > How can I stop being reminded to save my work in Publisher 2000? > > Thanks in advance, > Josh > ...

Auto save replaced my original file and now I need the original?
Does anyone know how to retrieve the file from before auto save which overwrote the original data? Excel If you don't have a backup, then I think you're in trouble. Any chance you've emailed a copy to someone--so an earlier version is in your sentbox (or the recipient can email a copy back???) Hols wrote: > > Does anyone know how to retrieve the file from before auto save which > overwrote the original data? Excel -- Dave Peterson ...

Why won't items on a page bleed to edge when saved/printed as a PDF?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel My client has asked for a copy/template of their letterhead in Word so that they can create PDFs of their letters to email. <br><br>Part of their letterhead design features their logo bleeding off the edge of the page but whenever I create a Word version of the letterhead with the bleed logo and then either save/print as a PDF there is a white margin cutting off the edge of the logo that should go right up to the edge of the page?!?! <br><br>Any help much appreciated. The minimum margin is s...

Unable to save GIF images as GIFs
Hello, I sometimes receive animated GIF logos inserted directly within the body of an e-mail (ie: via Insert: Picture : From File). I used to be able to save them in GIF format but all of a sudden (perhaps it was after I upgraded to Office XP) I am only able to save them as BMP's. Is there a problem on my end or does Outlook not allow you to save GIF images which have been inserted into an email as GIFs? I have cleared my cache, and I do not have this problem in IE. If anyone knows an answer to this, please help. Ken ...

Cant save ite
This keeps coming up when one of my users tries to create calendar items. He can open someone elses and create them no problem but his own even from my outlook cannot be edited. I have checked the permissions, I have recreated his profile, done a repair, searched the knowledge base but to no avail. We are using outlook 2003 with exchange 5.5 (soon to be upgraded) Please help ...

Saving is slow
Hello, I have one user that anytime she presses the save button it can take up to two minutes for her to get back control of CRM. This happens on Invoices, Contracts, Addresses, anything. While she is waiting to get control back the cpu is showing as 1%-2% usage in task manager. Since it is only happening to her and none of my other users I am assuming it is a problem on her computer, maybe an IE setting but I can't seem to find what the problem is. I have disabled Antivirus, AntiSpam and all non-essential services via msconfig with no luck at all. Has anyone else experienced...

cannot access remote Information Store
I am running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. I have 2 servers in 2 cities, each in a separate Administrative Group in the same Organization. I am operating in native mode. For some reason, I am unable to administer one Exchange server from another. I get the following error message: * The action could not be completed because the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is unavailable. Be sure the service is running and you have network connectivity to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Operation: Retrieving mount informat...

unable to back up using only tape (without disk) with secondary DPM
I have setup a secondary DPM with only tape capabilities (no disk available). When I tried to create a new protection group on the secondary DPM, I unchecked the short term option (disk) and only select the long term option (tape), the "Next" button will get greyed out. Any ideas why is this happening? It happens to all except when I try to protect the Primary DPM or protect itself (secondary DPM). Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice C# .NET Windows Task Scheduler http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9f75423c-4849-4866-ad48-8fbd2ed2ed88/c-...

Saving the URL of the last visited page in dynamic IFRAME
hi I display a webpage in a iframe and of course, a user can navigate to other pages using links on this page. but ı want to save the last page's url,so that : if the user opens the form to update he/she can find the webpage that he last displayed in the iframe. how can I keep the url of the last visited page in a iframe ...

Macro to rename Tab and then save as
Hi, I'm trying to do a macro thatdoes 2 things: 1- Rename the active Tab with the content of a cell in it dimvar = Date1 Range("AB2").Select (?)Selection.Copy = Date1 ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Select (???).Name = Date Range("A4").Select End Sub 2- Then, use this same Tab name and add it after an other word Case-Date1.xlsm Michel Dim wks as worksheet set wks = activesheet with wks .name = .range("Ab2").value 'or if AB2 contains a date, you can make sure that the 'value is legal (sheet names can'...

information required urgent
I have an old laptop and i am working on microsoft office 98. can i install windows 2003 for a trial as my work is too involved with Publisher 2003 that i am able to use in the work only? tamaraa8895 <tamaraa8895@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have an old laptop and i am working on microsoft office 98. can i > install windows 2003 for a trial as my work is too involved with > Publisher 2003 that i am able to use in the work only? If you are properly licensed, you can install Publisher 2003 once you have installed a version of Windows on w...

saving excel files #2
Hi all , I am having a strange prob in excel whenever i save an excel file, it asks for extension (*.xls) there is something wrong with the settings this i know like when u save a new book on desktop it will save it as vikram.xl instead of vikram what is the way out i dont want this file extension along with the nam -- Vnagpa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Vnagpal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1510 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26734 You can either hide the ext...

deleting all my information
I wanna start from scratch. How do I delete or remove all my accounts, billing info, and anything at all pertaining to my old money accounts? I have money '05 just need to uninstall my information so that when I start it up, it doesn't have anything at all that is related to my info- basically out-of-the-box thanks In microsoft.public.money, Josh wrote: >I wanna start from scratch. How do I delete or remove all my accounts, >billing info, and anything at all pertaining to my old money accounts? > >I have money '05 > >just need to uninstall my information s...

Saving Publisher Files to BMP or JPEG
Hi, I have created a publication in MS Publisher but wish to save the format so I may us it in the body of a Outlook email. How do I save to a BMP or JPEG format so I may do this? I don't wish to use it as an attachment. Can someone help? Frank In Publisher 2002-03, file, save as, files of type, scroll down to the image extensions. Older versions, select all, copy, paste to MS Paint or some other editing program. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Francis Cunningham, Jr." <FrancisCunninghamJr@discussi...

Excel 2007 Does Not Save
I am using Excel 2007 in Windows Vista Home Premium. When I save, this window pops up: MS Excel is trying to recover your information. This may take several minutes. I have tried at least 6 times to save with the same results. Each time when Excel re-opens I have to enter the same information and try saving again. Each time with the same results. Why is this happening and how can I correct it? Thanks. Look at your anti-virus program. I have heard reports that CA\Etrust antiviral program causes save problems -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove...

Simple File Saving question...
Everytime I open an Excel spreadsheet it opens to the last cell that I edited. Does anyone know how to make an Excel spreadsheet open to the top left cell on the first worksheet everytime... regardless of where I saved it last? Thanks, Ian Hi Ian, Try this Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate Range("A1").Select End Sub 'This is workbook event code. 'To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet '(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workbooks), 'select View Code from the menu, and paste the...

saving a mail merged publication
I'm using Publisher 2002 to create business postcards for our company to send out to real estate agents. I can perform the mail merge just fine, and the merged postcards turn out great. However, we will not be printing the postcards here at the office, we'll be taking them to a pro printer because 3000 postcards is too much for our office printer. Is there a way to save the mail merged postcards to a CD or disk and then take them to the printer, already merged, so they can just open the file and start printing? Would I have to save each merged postcard individually or can the whole...

How to save .jpg in Outlook 2003
How do I save .jpg pictures in outlook 2003 I could in OE but not Outlook 03. Also when inserting pictures it distorts them and I would like them to be just the size they are. If I use Outlook Express both work fine. Sorry its .gif that I can't save I can see them but can't save them as .gif outlook 03 will only let me save as .bmp. Outlook exp will let me save them as .gif. "Tink" wrote: > How do I save .jpg pictures in outlook 2003 I could in OE > but not Outlook 03. Also when inserting pictures it > distorts them and I would like them to be just the size ...

Can I hide certain information within a workbook?
excel 2003. I was wondering if I could have another chart within the workbook that I can only see. Therefore, when information is entered into the visible chart, I can check if any changes have been made versus my hidden chart. Excel doesn't really have this kind of protection. If you share the workbook with anyone, then they (if determined enough) can see all your data and charts. mikie wrote: > > excel 2003. > I was wondering if I could have another chart within the workbook that I can > only see. Therefore, when information is entered into the visible chart, I >...

save items to contacts subfolder
I am using Access to automate outlook. I want to save the items in a subfolder of my contacts folder. I have this so far sub MakeContact() dim ol as outlook.application dim ns as outlook.namespace dim fldr as outlook.mapifolder dim myC as outlook.contactitem set ol = new outlook.application set ns = ol.getnamespace("MAPI") set fldr = ol.getdefaultfolder(olFolderContacts) set fldr2 = fldr.folders("My Folder") 'blah blah blah end sub my dilema is that it save the created contactitem to the main contacts folder. The idea is to save th...

Show cells that are used for looking up information
I am building a spreadsheet for auditing process improvement progress. It scores people on their adherence to the process on a scale of 0-9. However, it is difficult to remember what the difference between say a 6 and an 8. I have an array of cells on one worksheet in the workbook with definitions of the scores, but its cumbersome to Ctrl-PgUp to get to it. Is there a way to put the score definitions in a pop-up window, a hidden something that shows up and goes away on a macro, etc? The spreadsheet is about 500 lines long, so it would have to be location relative. Thanks in advance, Corey ...

Saving as PDF
Hi i would like to know how i save a file as a PDF or some other format so i can mail a gnat chart to a recepient without the Miccrosoft Project program?? -- RIP! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_009E_01CAC9E2.68866330 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi RIP, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You need to use the Print routine and select PDF. However, you need a = PDF writer to complete the action. However, there are many other = options - see here FAQ ...

Problem saving custom entity linked to Products
Hello, I have a custom entity that I created that is linked to the Product table. If I have a Product link defined I am getting an "Insufficient Permissions" error when trying to save the record. I read a couple other posted that described a similar situation with the opportunity table, where it checks for Quotes and you have to give the user read permisions on the Quote table. Is there something special about the Products table as well? Thanks, David Hi David, you're not saying which way is the link and depending on the direction of the link you'll need to grant...