how to print defined cell names with comments, not numbers?

My overall task is to print comments at the end of the sheet that display the
defined cell name instead of the cell number.

Problems: How do I define all of the intermediary cells based on the row and
column headings, and then how do I print the comments to display the defined
name, instead of the number.

For example, I would like my print out to display:

Cell: "Defined Name"
Comment:

Instead of:

Cell: B2
Comment:

Print Copy limit
Despite upgraging the printer memory, if the number of print copies is less than 20 , the laser churns out the copies one after the other. However if when say 100 print copies is requested, the printer slows between copies as I understand the buffer is full. How can the number of copies be automated so that up to 20 print copies per 'batch' is sent and when done the next 'batch' of up to 20 is sent until the total number print copies is done. Maybe you could use a macro to print what you want in groups of 20. Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim HowManyTotal As Lon...

Can't See External To: Names
Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise, Outlook Web Access 2003 From time to time a user of mine sends emails to external users plus himself. The problem is only his name shows in the TO: list. The external user names do not display. In the latest case, he was replying to an email received from an external sender. Everything looks fine in the tracking log for his sent email, all recipient names are listed. Needless to say he is not happy with this situation. Has anyone had this problem who can help me understand what's going on? Why are the external addresses unavailable for display?...

all grids to display the total number of records returned by the q
Currently only first (up to) 100 records are displayed with an indication that query results contain more pages, the only way to see how many records are in the list is to click next page button multiple times (if the total number of records is not too high). The customer is asking to have the bottom statusbar that shows "100 records shown" to show the total number of records returned by the view (or the search) query, e.g. records 201-300 of 2,456. Thanks, Sergei ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

How 2 Link DATA instead of CELL REFERENCE
Here Goes...long story short, I am trying to make Excel work a little like Access. On first tab of my worksheet labeled "All" is all my data. Additional tabs contain links of the data from the 'All' tab1 (Party Invite-tab 2, Golf Invite-tab 3, Alumni-tab 4, etc.) However...when I sort the data on the 'All' tab, the links pasted on the other tabs continue to reference the pre-sorted ROW/COLUMN from the 'All' tab instead of the post-sorted DATA. Therefore data from the links on the other tabs are useless to me. Is there a formula to link the DATA in t...

#VALUE! when using defined name
HELP!!! Problem: receive #VALUE! Using a defined NAME range In workbook MonthlyBudget09Mstr.xlsx are sheets 1209Sch and 1209 1209Sch contains all monthly entries, 1209 is the summary sheet. Defined name: HousingItems, ='1209Sch'!$L$83:$L$88, Values: {"1";"2";"3";"4";"5";"15"} Workbook <<from Name Manager L88 is a SUM function but I have remove L88 from range and still have problem Placing =HousingItems in cell B4 of sheet 1209 results in #VALUE! Error B4:B9 are empty Can copy and then paste 1209Sch L8...

Text color change in a cell depend on the cursor position elsewher
Excel. I want either the background color or the text color of a cell, or cells, to change when the cursor is in a particular position. e.g. The background/text color change for the far left cell of a row when the cursor is anywhere in that row. Hi! Two things: 1. You can get a cell to change colour with a VBA routine such as: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) r = Target.Row Cells(r, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 End Sub This paints the first cell in the row yellow. But you'll need to give some thought as to whether/how you will dea with moving off that ro...

Display Table Name
Hi, Is there any way to code a text box to display the name of the table that I'm using for my query? I don't want to hard code it, since I have other code that changes the RecordSet property. Is there a way to have it dynamically become the name of the table that one of the fields is coming from? Thanks, John Schping john to get the query name use something like =RecordSource in the unbound textboxes recordsource then use a query name that references the tables name Barry "jschping" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any way to code a text ...

Footnote in a Formula Cell
I am wondering if there is a way to add a footnote to a cell tha contains a formula. Everytime I try it gives me an error. I canno change the cell to a value beause the forumla in that cell is linked t another workbook. Please HEEELP -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Learned this from MVP Debra Dalgleish: http://tinyurl.com/6rnm2 HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I am wondering if there is a way to add a footnote to a cell that >contains a formula. Everytime I try it gives me an error. I cannot >change the cell to a value beause the foru...

Renaming Cells linked to Pivot Tables
Hey guys, Is there a way to rename the field heading that are linked to th pivot tables, so when I click update data, it just takes on the ne name. Right now if I just rename the heading, the pivot falls apart.... any ideas? Thanks! :confused -- gsimmons200 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gsimmons2005's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2638 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46689 click on the title of the row/column in the pivot (so the data is not highlighted) and chan...

VBA to write cells out to a file
I want to... open new file check cell data (If data="xyz" then goto close file or whatever) write cell data write a string move to next cell check cell data (If data="xyz" then goto close file or whatever) write cell data write a string etc close file can anyone give me sample code snippit to... - create/open a file - check cell data - branch on results - write cell data - write a string - close file thanks for any help You can use the macro recorder to create some of this code as you perform the steps manually. Then, edit the generated code. If you...

Can you have fixed cell reference when dragging/copying formulae?
When you drag or copy a formula which refers to another cell, then that cell's reference is updated when the formula is dragged or copied across a spreadsheet. Is it possible to 'fix' the reference of the outside cell such that the formula refers to a fixed cell irrespective of where the formula is copied to? For example a formual in cell B2 containing a reference to cell A1 will always refer to the cell immediately above and to the left when copied elsewhere. Is it possible for the formula to be forced to refer to cell A1 irrespective of where it is copied? You can use $a$...

Spell Number
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have a check register spreadsheet I created in Windows version of Excel that can print checks. It includes a VB function that takes the numeric dollar value (e.g. $100.25) and spells out that number on the check (e.g. One Hundred Dollars and Twenty Five Cents). How can I do this on my Mac? On 5/4/10 7:26 PM, mrcdqtt@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have a > check register spreadsheet I created in Windows version of Excel that > can print checks. It include...

font color depends on a number
I have a number in A1 :the font color=black If I place a "1" in B1 I want the font color in A1 to turn to RED and consequently place a "2" in B1 would return tje font color to black Please help & Thanks What if B1 is neither 1 or 2? If we assume that B1 will always be 1 or 2, select A1, do format>conditional formatting, in the formula is box type =B1=1, click the format button, select fonts and a red colour, click OK twice. If you have Excel 2007 post back -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com ...

Reusing SBMnn Numbers and Locating SBM files
I have added and deleted various companies in SBM. Each add uses the next SBM number. When I delete a company that number is removed. Is there a way to recover and re-use a number? Is it possible to have different SBM companies on different drives? Fred Fred, Next newsgroup down. This is the M$ Retail Management Point of Sale group. -- * "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2454A5E-956F-4EF1-BCDA-A5A4B8C0457B@microsoft.com... I have added and deleted various companies in SBM. Each add uses the next SBM number. When I delete a company that numbe...

Prevent changing PO number sequence from PO Entry screen
In Purchase Order Entry, if a user enters a PO number which does not exist as an open or historical PO and which is lower that the current Next Number in Purchase Order Processing Setup, the Next Number is changed to the lower number even if the user deletes the PO without saving. Obviously, this wrecks havoc with PO number sequence. The system should not allow the Next Number sequence to be changed from the PO Entry screen. Ideally, there would also be an option to prevent the user from overriding the next PO # similar to what is available in SOP document setup. ---------------- Th...

Print and page settings of workbook
I am tired of resetting page attributes on similar worksheets within a workbook. Seems like one should be able to copy print settings (margins, footers, headings, font, etc. etc.) from one worksheet to another with one click like the format brush. What am i missing? Must I write a print macro to do this on each and every multiple set of worksheets? Try selecting the multiple sheets first, then setting the attributes. Just remember to ungroup them before you make changes that *don't* apply to all. In article <OVHh#XvdHHA.984@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, David Greenberg <...

How do I calculate cells across Excel 2003 workbooks?
I have three different workbook files stored in the same folder and I want to have the three worksheets in each of the three workbooks totaled in a new workbook file. I am trying to create a quarterly report from three months of data. All data is located in the same cells in the worksheets in each of the workbooks. If the different workbook files were all in the same workbook, it would be a lot easier. Can that be done? "mj" <mj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99DDF3D0-2951-4FEE-978B-CCA5BE40D955@microsoft.com... >I have three different workboo...

Fill entire page with printed area
I want an EASY way to fill the entire page with the printed.I adjust the margins to .25 all around. Now, I use large size font..i.e. 20--50 to help do this. I then adjust the columns/rows to fit. I have used 'Fit to page' etc and 'percents' to attempt to fill the page from top to bottom. Doesn't seem to do it. Easier way? ...

How do I print more than one sheet of business cards at a time?
I want to print 120 sheets of business cards but it seems I must do them 1 sheet at a time. When I type in more than 1 sheet to print, it changes the layout to put that many business cards on the sheet. I need all 10 to print, but would like to print multiple copies instead of one sheet at a time. Joyce wrote: > I want to print 120 sheets of business cards but it seems I must do > them 1 sheet at a time. When I type in more than 1 sheet to print, > it changes the layout to put that many business cards on the sheet. > I need all 10 to print, but would like to print multiple c...

how do i delete cells or duplicate cells in a table ? #2
I went to make a table with 8 colums and 3 rows, which turned out fine..but now i need to make 3 more rows added on but half the size long with only 2 colums.. so i figure i can just duplicate or copy from my table 3 of these rows and shirk it and delete 1 cell...but trying to get help on how to add or remove cells seems the hard part You could create a new table with your options and add it to the old, or add three rows to the old and merge two of the cells. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "james" <...

Referencing every nth cell in a new column
I have data in E4, E12, E20... that I want to copy into a new column without the extra rows in between. How can I do this? So far I've tried entering =E4 in the first cell, then =E12, and then using the fill handle. Didn't work :( I'm not very good at excel so please be specific if you talk about coding or heavy duty formulas. > I have data in E4, E12, E20... that I want to copy into a new column without > the extra rows in between. Here's one way. If the new column starts at row 1, put this at the top and copy downward: =OFFSET($E$4,(ROW()-1)*8,0...

How to add company name in activitylist of home page?
Thanks Chris Yes can create a pre-pend to activity subject, that when a activity is created, it will pre-pend the activity subject with the contact or account name. therefore, when going to the home page all activities will start with "ABC Company - call Bob about deal " etc, etc Hi Mike Could you be a bit more specific? How can i do this? Thanks! Christian Mike wrote: > Yes can create a pre-pend to activity subject, that when a activity is > created, it will pre-pend the activity subject with the contact or > account name. therefore, when going to the home page al...

How do I separate address information from within an Excel cell?
I have a Christmas Card list that was created using a single cell for the whole address. Street, City, Zip/Postal etc. I need to split those components out into separate cells in order to do a proper mail merge. Is there any way to do this. I am not completely unfamiliar with macros but I if that is the solution I would require a fair bit of hand holding. Thanks S. If you actually used commas to separate the fields (and none of the fields contain commas), you could select the column and do: Data|text to columns delimited comma Remember to keep enough open columns to the right s...

Non-number value in Charts
I am trying to make a non-number value show up in a column chart. The chart is automatically showing any non-number value as zero. This is fine, however I would like the Display Data Labels to show the value that is displayed in the cell. How do I do this? I think you're actually wanting to display either series name, or category name. If you just want custom labels on individual data points/columns, you'll need to manually edit the labels yourself by selecting the value, then clicking again (aka, a slow double click). -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes&qu...

Indent formatted cell
I would like cells that are formatted with comma (no decimals) to be indented. I can do it to non-formatted cells, but once I apply the currency or comma style, I can no longer indent the cells. I wish to do this to line them up closer to the centre and thus under the heading at the top. Thank you Deborah Hi, Deborah- You don't specify what your comma format cells look like so I don't know if this will work. How about if you leave the cell unformatted, and achieve the comma formatting with the TEXT() function. Then you can apply the indent to the cell. Hope this does it for you...