how to print cells based on "Yes".

If the first cell in row 1 of Column "A"  is "Yes", how do I get preselected
contiguous or non contiguous cells in the same row to print? If the answer is
"no", I do not want cells in that row to print.

Thanks for anyones help!

Francis Knight

0
Knight (4)

Hi Francis

You can use Data>AutoFilter to filter on that column and print.
Only the visible cells will print

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Francis Knight" <Francis Knight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If the first cell in row 1 of Column "A"  is "Yes", how do I get preselected
> contiguous or non contiguous cells in the same row to print? If the answer is
> "no", I do not want cells in that row to print.
>

> Thanks for anyones help!
>
> Francis Knight

0
rondebruin (3790)
10/22/2005 8:40:54 AM
check out the conditional formatting

Displaying Yes/No as Yes or No instead of -1 and 0 05-25-10
Hi, this should be simple but it's still giving me trouble. I have a drop-down combobox that is referencing a table with two columns, like this: 0 No 1 Yes The column count is 2 and the column widths are 0";1" but the drop- down displays 0 and -1. I know that this is how Access stores yes/no, but can't I get it to store 0 and 1 instead and display the words instead of the numbers? Thanks for the help! Are you saying you have a two-record table as the Row Source of the combo box? If so, what are the data types of the two fields? To what type of field i...

count number of column's with Yes IF column A is a 1
Hello All I hope you can help. I have very limited knowledge of excel so treat me as an idiot please.... This is my table so far: 1 yes no yes no 2 No Yes No Yes 2 yes no yes no 2 No No No No 3 No Yes No No 1 yes no yes no 1 Yes 0 0 0 5 Yes No 0 No 2 yes no yes no 1 0 0 0 0 3 Yes No No No 4 yes no yes no 5 yes no yes no I want a formula that will give me the PERCENTAGE of yes's in a particular row IF column A is a 1. Many thanks STeve Maybe... =if(a1<>1,"not 1!",countif(b...

sendKeys enter key to a message box with yes /no fields
Hi how do i send an enter key command to a msgbox with yes / no fields.. it automatically defaults to yes and i just need the enter key pressed without actually manually pressing .. my application automatically shuts all open databases if i want to make changes. i have to change the 0 to a -1 and it automatically triggers a timer ... my main form has a quit.. message box on unload event. so after it counts down to 0 it stops at the message box and waits for me to manually press enter. how can i bypass this??? i want this to work only when i want to log users off.. Is th...

query in access 2007 pulls yes only answers
I've got a form that has Y/N questions I want to make a query that only pulls the yes answers then turn that into a report need help please. On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 05:18:06 -0800, Kim T <KimT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Create a new query. Select your fields in the grid. In the column for your Y/N field in the criteria line type "Yes". -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I've got a form that has Y/N questions I want to make a query that only pulls >the yes answers then turn that into a report need help please. You first need to find the table that...

Merging Data into Word and Want Checkboxes (Yes/No data type)
I am trying to merge data from my access database into word. I have several items that are checkboxes in access. How do i get those checkboxes to merge into word so that i see them. Right now they just produce numbers if they are checked or not. Thanks I'm not sure you can do with with a straight mail merge. The following is a snippet of code from one of my applications. The app relies on documents that have already been bookmarked with simple bookmarks (for fields longer than 255 characters), checkboxes (for y/n fields), and textboxes for everything else. The merging is d...

Access Yes or No Box
Hello, Is it possible to put a "Yes/No" box in Excell like Acess has. I know I can put True or False in the cell, but it would be easier just to be able to click on a little box. Thanks. HI, You could have a look at data validation as an option. ( You would need some hidden cells with yes / no in them ) << Data > Validation > List >> Regards Pete -- (][ This Email has been scanned by Norton AntiVirus. ][) "Chipmunk" <Chipmunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2F5479A-2D8D-4FB9-9A17-C08E792A831E@microsoft.com... > ...

Sum of yes answers
I have a simple table with seven cells that can be answered either Y or N. I want to sum the total of all Y answers. Can you give me a formula for that? thanks Hi, Try this =COUNTIF(B1:B6,"y") Mike "Linda L" wrote: > I have a simple table with seven cells that can be answered either Y or N. I > want to sum the total of all Y answers. Can you give me a formula for that? > > thanks If you really meant "sum", then look at the SUMIF function; otherwise, if you actually meant "count", then look at the COUNTIF fun...

Yes you can get your 20 free e-books
Many e-books for free 20 Free E-Books : About home business, internet marketing, personal growth and many more subjects intend to help you to grow your business on the internet. Just send a blank e-mail at clbooks@freeautobot.com ...

Localizing AfxMessageBox, "Yes", "No", and app title
I have an MFC / C++ app in Studio 2005 that supports 10 languages using MBCS for Chinese. I can change the language of my GUI by calling SetLocale for each thread and the dialogs and CString strings are then loaded with the correct language. But any calls to AfxMessageBox get the English title (on XP English) of the application and Yes / No / Cancel buttons in English. The CWinApp has a member variable with the app title, so I can reload that. But I haven't figured out how to get the Yes / No / Cancel buttons to change language too. Any ideas? You'll have to load the MFC for t...

Yes/No Data Type
I have a field with a Yes/No data type that uses a field with a check box on my form. How do I designing a query to show all records with check mark or all records without check mark? I've tried Is Null in criteria field and Is Not Null but this does not work for this type field. Any idea on how to do this type query? -- FL On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:33:01 -0700, FL wrote: > I have a field with a Yes/No data type that uses a field with a check box on > my form. How do I designing a query to show all records with check mark or > all records without check mark? I've tr...

VBA Routing Slip Prompts Yes, No, Cancel
We are using Office 200 and XP. VBA to send Routing Slip to next reciepient. I have been told there is no way around this prompt. Whenever you reference Outlook using Routing routine Word or Excel you will get this annoying message "A program is trying to . . . then you wait and get Yes, No or Cancel. Depending on how many references there are to Outlook you will get a prompt for everyone of them. We are getting two that the user has to wait for and then answer Yes to continue. I had sample code that ended up prompting three times so I bagged it and went to something else. Any API ...

Click "Yes"
I posed a question and got 2 responses. Both indicated that if their response was helpful, I was to please click, "Yes." How do I do that? Respectfully, Bob Myers This business of clicking "Yes" is confined to Microsoft's unreliable web interface to the newsgroup. If you are accessing the newsgroup by a better method, ignore the request. -- David Biddulph "Bob Myers" <rumyers@cox.net> wrote in message news:e441KbRfKHA.5792@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I posed a question and got 2 responses. Both indicated that if their ...

Modal = Yes Locks the Record
From form A I have the following code DoCmd.OpenForm "B", acNormal, , , , , "rbshortname|" & Me.rbshortname In form B the following Me.Caption = Me.Caption & Space(1) & "-" & Space(1) & strRBSName & Space(1) & Format(Now(), "mm/dd/yy HHMM") Form B contains a combo box If form b is set to Modal = yes then the user cannot change the value in the combobox If form b is set to Modal = no then the user can change the value What am I missing? Using A2007, I created a new form based on a table. I added a co...

YES! ON 2010
Well well well It has arrived and looks quite sleek to me. Many things improved. - Search is much much better and faster. Actually it does not take any search time. As you write start to enter the keyword, ON immediately gives search results. Impressive really. - I really like the ribbon. The commands now look very organized. - It is now easy to move the sections by dragging and dropping them wherever you want. There are many more pluses that I will not count. But I am disappointed that you still cannot set a global template. I don't understand. This was one of the mo...

Is it possible to pass Certification Exams without proper training? Yes now its possible, this site will help you to download all guides and latest exam material for CISCO, MICROSOFT, ORACLE, COMPTIA,
Is it possible to pass Certification Exams without proper training? Yes now its possible, this site will help you to download all guides and latest exam material for CISCO, MICROSOFT, ORACLE, COMPTIA, LINUX. I received many e-mail from visitor about this site and to feel happy because this one can help you pass your certification exams very easily. Visit http://www.FreeExamKing.com ...

Convert Lead only if picklist on the Lead form is 'Yes'
Hi Team, We are using CRM 4.0 Professional. I'm just wondering if its possible to set a condition to only convert the lead when a qualifying question on Lead form is selected Yes. If the value is not selected it should alert the User. Appreciate any ideas sharas I'd recommend hiding the "Convert Lead" button until that Field = "Yes". You'd need to search through the HTML of the Lead to find the Button name which you will later reference in your code. To get to the Lead's HTML code: 1.) Open up any lead in CRM and hit the F11 button twice. This'll ex...

Datasheet caption for yes/no field can't be changed
Howdy. I've got a couple of checkboxes on a form that displays in datasheet view. I want to change the captions - the column headers - for those yes/no fields, but none of my changes appear. I've edited the 'DatasheetCaption' attribute for those form controls; I've entered a caption in the recordsource query; and I've edited the Caption attribute in the table columns. The datasheet column headers still show the literal field name rather than the text I've assigned to the various Caption properties. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Tha...

Yes/No Field Size
Is there a way to increase the size of the check box for a Yes/No field? James On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:54:44 -0500, JamesJ wrote: > Is there a way to increase the size of the check box for a Yes/No field? > > James Why? A Yes/No (check box) field can only have a value of -1 or 0. In other words, no, you can't. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail Check what I had in my March, 2004 "Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's "Smart Access". You can read the column on-line at http://w...

Totaling Yes's
I need to do a total of the completed (yes or no) for each section. Example Yes No Personnel Readiness Complete Filing X Personnel Readiness Complete Filing 1 X Complete Not Complete Personnel Readiness 1 1 On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:16:30 -0700, "belczyk@gmail.com" <belczyk@gmail.com> wrote: >I need to do a total of the completed (yes or no) for each section. > A Yes/No field is stored internally as a number: -1 for Yes, 0 for No. So you can simply take the negative of the sum of a yes/no field...

yes-no checkbox how to make it work
I've added the checkboxes from the control tool box and renamed them yes and no. How do I get it so when the box is clicked on the check box appears in the choice. Kevin ...

How to "yes" this message?
Ive created a VB code send an e-mail,then i've chosen not to view the message,so that it may be sent automatically,but when i click on a button to send the message,another message appears " a program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf....ecc." My question now is how to disable this message in a way that,once i click on the button,the e-mail is sent directly without seeing this message? Are you using Outlook as your e-mail client? See http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/ -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) ...

How do I make 1 = "yes"?
I have looked all over and have to finish this report asap. Help is not helping. How do I format a cell to return a word when I input a number? For example, "2" = "Not enough info" or "0" = "No"? Thanks - Excel newbie There is this ancient Format feature where you can specify up to 3 conditions plus an Else branch. Format>Cells>Number tab, Custom. In the Type box, enter something like [=1]"yes";[=2]"Not enough info";"no" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "lindasuenwh" <lindasuenw...

Working with Filter and Yes/No values.
How do I get this filter click sub to work when "Me.cmbFieldValues.Value" values are "Yes/No". When I click on the comboBox for Me.cmbFieldValues.Value I get 0 and -1 but when I click on the cmdFilter button I get and error message "You canceled the previous operation." I don't know what this mean or how to resolve this. Any help will be greatly appreciate. Thank you. Private Sub cmdFilter_Click() If Me.cmbTrackerFields.Value = "Vendor" Then Me.Form.Filter = "[Invoice Tracker].[" & Me.cmbTrackerFields.Value & "]=...

Yes/No Boxes
I have a number of Yes/No chech=k boxes on a form. The problem is that when the user moves to these fields, the cursor is not obvious. Is there any way that the Properties of this field can be changed so that the cursor appears to the right of these boxes and very clear? Thanks for any help Roger Unlike other controls, the checkbox doesn't allow for a background color (change) on GotFocus. You could, however, change the background color of the checkbox's label control... -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microso...

cmbo box on subform fills fields on form when chkbx is yes
I have a multi-tabbed form that details bid data ranging from pricing to contact info to departmental notes. Page two has a subform listing general contractors to whom we bid. One bid may have 10-15 contractors listed. When a purchase order is issued from one of these contractors I select a checkbox indicating that GC. I would like the opening page on this tabbed form to show the address and contact info for that GC when the checkbox is yes. Is this possible? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200803/1 On Mar 17, 3:04=A0p...