how to make excel record cell entry dates

when using Microsoft excel 2003, ive been trying to make a cell remember the
date an entry is made in a different cell. for example: if the letter "a" is
entered into cell A1 i require cell B1 to show the date that the letter "a"
was entered.
0
hoyt1 (21)

change from NOW() to TODAY() if you use the formula technique

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging."  Lord Healey

"hoyt" <hoyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when using Microsoft excel 2003, ive been trying to make a cell remember
> the
> date an entry is made in a different cell. for example: if the letter "a"
> is
> entered into cell A1 i require cell B1 to show the date that the letter
> "a"
> was entered.

0
Peo
6/10/2006 7:54:21 PM
i will try this but i dont think it works as if you alter the date or time on
the clock all the cells return to the same date (current date).

let me know if it has worked for you using this technique.
thanks

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html
>
> change from NOW() to TODAY() if you use the formula technique
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> Excel 95 - Excel 2007
> Northwest Excel Solutions
> www.nwexcelsolutions.com
> "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes;
> if you are in one stop digging."  Lord Healey
>

> "hoyt" <hoyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when using Microsoft excel 2003, ive been trying to make a cell remember
> > the
> > date an entry is made in a different cell. for example: if the letter "a"
> > is
> > entered into cell A1 i require cell B1 to show the date that the letter
> > "a"
> > was entered.

0
hoyt1 (21)
6/11/2006 7:05:01 PM
Did you try it? The reason behind it using circular reference is that it
will look the formula we=hen the condition is TRUE
--

>i will try this but i dont think it works as if you alter the date or time
>on
> the clock all the cells return to the same date (current date).
>
> let me know if it has worked for you using this technique.
> thanks
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
>
>> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html
>>
>> change from NOW() to TODAY() if you use the formula technique
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Peo Sjoblom
>>
>> Excel 95 - Excel 2007
>> Northwest Excel Solutions
>> www.nwexcelsolutions.com
>> "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes;
>> if you are in one stop digging."  Lord Healey
>>

>> "hoyt" <hoyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > when using Microsoft excel 2003, ive been trying to make a cell
>> > remember
>> > the
>> > date an entry is made in a different cell. for example: if the letter
>> > "a"
>> > is
>> > entered into cell A1 i require cell B1 to show the date that the letter
>> > "a"
>> > was entered.

0
Peo
6/11/2006 9:47:33 PM
hello again

ive tried it, but as i suspected the date always returns to the current date
which is not what im trying to do, i need the cell to remain at the date when
the referenced cell was populated. is there a way that this can be done; i.e.
if cell A1 was populated with the letter "a" on 10/06/06, then cell B1 will
always remain 10/06/06.
the formula im trying to use in cell B2 is; =IF(A1="a",TODAY(),"") ive also
tried this with NOW() in place of TODAY() with the same result.

Thanks.

Hoyt

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> Did you try it? The reason behind it using circular reference is that it
> will look the formula we=hen the condition is TRUE
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> Excel 95 - Excel 2007
> Northwest Excel Solutions
> www.nwexcelsolutions.com
> "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes;
> if you are in one stop digging."  Lord Healey
>

> "hoyt" <hoyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i will try this but i dont think it works as if you alter the date or time
> >on
> > the clock all the cells return to the same date (current date).
> >
> > let me know if it has worked for you using this technique.
> > thanks
> >
> > "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html
> >>
> >> change from NOW() to TODAY() if you use the formula technique
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Peo Sjoblom
> >>
> >> Excel 95 - Excel 2007
> >> Northwest Excel Solutions
> >> www.nwexcelsolutions.com
> >> "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes;
> >> if you are in one stop digging."  Lord Healey
> >>

> >> "hoyt" <hoyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
hoyt1 (21)
6/12/2006 6:56:01 AM
Ive tried it again and ive now got it to work. Woo Hoo!
i forgot to check the Iteration box last time, well im an idiot.

thanks for the help on this

Cheers Hoyt

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> Did you try it? The reason behind it using circular reference is that it
> will look the formula we=hen the condition is TRUE
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> Excel 95 - Excel 2007
> Northwest Excel Solutions
> www.nwexcelsolutions.com
> "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes;
> if you are in one stop digging."  Lord Healey
>

> "hoyt" <hoyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i will try this but i dont think it works as if you alter the date or time
> >on
> > the clock all the cells return to the same date (current date).
> >
> > let me know if it has worked for you using this technique.
> > thanks
> >
> > "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html
> >>
> >> change from NOW() to TODAY() if you use the formula technique
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Peo Sjoblom
> >>
> >> Excel 95 - Excel 2007
> >> Northwest Excel Solutions
> >> www.nwexcelsolutions.com
> >> "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes;
> >> if you are in one stop digging."  Lord Healey
> >>

> >> "hoyt" <hoyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
hoyt1 (21)

how do you merge the next record in publisher
I am trying to print off some invitations. There are two invitations per page. I will merge the addresses, but how do you get publisher to print the next record. I don't want the same name and address on each invitation. If you a viewing this in the print preview, it will look as though it will print all the same. A bug... The merge will work. Do a test run. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "maria" <maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1ACD47A-D410-48EE-B220-0964128BB561@mi...

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Excel button problem

default values in a cell

learning Excel #3

Excel 97 #9

New Record

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Excel VBA

Cannot Delete Any Records
We're running CRM 3 Rollup v3 and we have recently found that we cannot delete any records in CRM. We recently migrated over to a Windows 2003 Enterprise install running SQL 2000 Enterprise. Everything else is working without issue for us. For example I am a Sys Admin, and I receive a generic SQL Server error when going to delete an activity? I know that in the past this was possible, any thoughts? Sean; sounds like something went wrong with your migration. you can run a CRM trace or a SQL Profiler trace while performing the deletion to see if you can pin-point the error. Dave Ire...

Date/Day
Hi, How do I make Excell tell me the day that the Date corresponds to. Example: If I have 8/7/03 in a column, I want to be able to enter a formula in the next column such that Excell would tell me it is Thursday Thx Omer Omer, Look at the WEEKDAY function. From Help Syntax WEEKDAY(serial_number,return_type) Serial_number is a sequential number that represents the date of the day you are trying to find. Dates may be entered as text strings within quotation marks (for example, "1/30/1998" or "1998/01/30"), as serial numbers (for example, 35825, which represents...