How to link Subtotal results?

How do i use subtotal function results from one  worksheet  in anothe
work sheet. I am able to work out average price of raw materals brough
but would liked it automatically linked to my profit forecast and actua
sales worksheet.

Or is there an easier way for me to have stock control and sales dat
linked

--
bugg
buggu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3666

If you want to link to a cell you can just copy that cell, then do
edit>paste special and select paste link

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com

"buggu" <buggu.2bexfh_1153682409.8009@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:buggu.2bexfh_1153682409.8009@excelforum-nospam.com...

> How do i use subtotal function results from one  worksheet  in another
> work sheet. I am able to work out average price of raw materals brought
> but would liked it automatically linked to my profit forecast and actual
> sales worksheet.
>
> Or is there an easier way for me to have stock control and sales data
> linked?
>

> --
> buggu
> buggu's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36667
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564121

0
Peo
7/23/2006 7:30:42 PM
I guess what i meant was whether there was of a way of have subtotals
automatically done. It just that i,m  having to manually do the
subtotals and then manually special paste them in the other work
sheets.

Would it be best instead to have seprate worksheets for each particular
item. That way i be able to work out totals, average price paid etc
automaically using formulas. At present i simply have one work sheet
for logging all purchases.

--
buggu
buggu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36667
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564121

what causes broken links in Money?
Hello, I use Money '03, Deluxe. I am reviewing a page called "Review the Advisor FYI details" as a result of looking at the price history graph of the Dow Jones Industrial Average which I track in Money.There are 5 hot spots or links to click on under "Take action". When I click on these links I get an Window error pop-up box with a a large red X and only an "OK" button. The error message says: money://MCLink/InvestorResearchURL/$INDU The parameter is incorrect. Would someone please tell me why I am getting this error message, and what should I do to cor...

convert existing Excel into Data source document to link to exist.
Convert existing Excel into Data source document to link to existing Mail Merge document to create multiple letters for mass mailings? In Word, select the Excel file as Data source "KayLMPD" wrote: > Convert existing Excel into Data source document to link to existing Mail > Merge document to create multiple letters for mass mailings? ...

Linking Sub Forms
I am really missing something on some basic of sub forms. I need help. I want to set up a form that has two subforms. The form will not conatin anything. One subform will be the names of every item in the table in a comtiusous form. As someone clicks their mouse on one item in the continsuous form, I want details of that item to shou up in a second subform, in individual form Both subforms will be based on info in the same table, even! Where in the second subform, the one with all the details to I tell it to lo look at what item is selected in the firsat subform. As I move up and down...

Property Description of a Linked Table
I have coding that allows me to change a tables description in my database: Public Function ChangeName() Dim db As Database Dim tb As String Set db = CurrentDb tb = db.TableDefs("Address").Properties("Description") tb = Now() db.TableDefs("Address").Properties("Description") = tb End Function But when I try to apply this to a linked table it won't do it at all, why is this? If this is impossible, is there a way to link a table and bring it's properties description from the database it's linked to, to my current database? Try this k...

How can I create a link to a specific sheet from external web page
Hi, I have hyperlinks inside a workbook which take me from one page to another. These work fine in an exported web page. I would like to be able to create a hyperlink on a different web page that points to a specific sheet on the exported Excel spreadsheet. The problem is that no matter what sheet I link to, the link always goes to the default sheet for the exported web page. Thanks in advance for any suggestions to make this work. I'm not sure if this'll work for you, but this kind of hyperlink worked for me in MSWord: C:\My Documents\excel\book1.xls#sheet2!c99 John D wrote...

Links with excel
Is there a way to get an outlook calender event to automatically produce if an excel spreadsheet field gets populated with a particular character? You'll have to use VBA for this type of custom events. You'll have to start with Excel validation to trigger the event and look for the "particular character". If that condition is met, then you'd continue with creating the calendar item in Outlook. For help with the first part, ask in an Excel newsgroup that discusses VBA. If you need help with the Outlook part, you'll can ask in the outlook.program_vba ne...

Linked Excel table
Hi, Hope someone can help me. I have weird printing problem that I can' seem to fix! Here's the story ... I am using Windows XP and Offic 2003. I link excel tables into a word document (paste special/as link) There is color font in the excel table. The color always appears on th screen, but disappears when I print it to pdf or printer, *but onl from certain PC's* Hence, the problem! I've compared the settings o Word and Excel between the PC that can print the colored text and th ones that cannot. To no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Philomen -- Message posted f...

IE8 strange link
whenever I click on a link to open in a new browser window, the new window opens momentarily, gives an error message and then is redirected to the intended destination. I found that the link of the error window is res://ieframe.dll/navcancl.htm Any idea on what this link is? Thank you for your help. ----------- WIN 7, IE 8 It always amazes me how almost no one searches through earlier posts to see if their issue has been already addressed: Do you have the same experience when you start Internet Explorer from the 'no add-ons' icon? Start > type Interne...

Breaking Links
Hi, I have a link that cannot be broken. What should I do to turn this link "removable"? Thanks a lot, Guilherme Does this mean you can't find that link to get rid of it? When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm Guilherme Loretti wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a link that cannot be broken. What should I do to turn this link > "removable"? > > Thanks a lot, > Guilherme -- Dave Peterson ...

number query results
Hopefully I can explain this well enough, I have a database set up to track product key attributes. Works great. I have a query that will pull the last 9 records where the line and product code match. This also works great. I need to graph the last 8 hours of lets say "moisture" with the difference between each hour also graphed (i.e. 8:00 = 4.5 and 9:00 = 5.0 I need to graph a .5). I have a form to show the query results. My goal is to have an unbound field that will "number" the query results in the form so that I can return the value of "query record #8...

Emailed HTML Links Sometimes Work, Sometimes don't
Am autogenerating email messages using .ASP. When the message I'm sending contains an http link, most of the user's receiving it can open it, but some cannot. The http address displays as part of the normal text. A good number of my users have no technical expertise -- cut and paste is foreign to them. Asking them to cut and paste these links into their browsers if they can't open the link would turn them off big time. Is there a way I can.... 1) Assure that the links will be active for anyone receiving them? 2) Auto-open the links so that the user doesn't have ...

Result between dates.
I have the following, A1=11/16/2007 11:39:00 AM B1=11/18/2007 10:50:00 AM How can I get C1 to give me the answer between B1-A1, a simple C1=B1-A1 won't work it gives me the anser 1/1/1900 11:11:00 PM. I want the answer to say, 1 day 23:11 (which is the result between these two cells) and I also want to be able to add the results from column C. Can anyone help??? If you apply a custom format of [hh]:mm to the cell with the formula you will get the result: 47:11 which can be added. However, you could also apply this custom format: d" days "hh:mm which will give you ...

Internet Links
When I add a web page link into an email, it shows up just as text, and does not allow anyone to just click on it and go to the page. How can I change this in outlook 2003. Thanks. I want to be able to just click on a web link and have the receipient go to it, without having to copy and past. When you are composing a new message go to Format and make sure either Rich Text or HTML is selected. If it is Plain Text the hyperlinks won't work the way you want. "J" wrote: > When I add a web page link into an email, it shows up just as text, and does > not allow a...

consolidating data and linking data
Hi Can someone explain the difference between linking data from separate workbooks and consolidating data? I am currently using Excel 2003. Could you also give me some examples of when to use consolidation and when it is more appropriate to link? (if that makes any sense) Thanks ^^ Just offering some brief thoughts. "Consolidate" usually means to combine num data (eg arithmetically sum up corrresponding nums) from a couple of places in the same sheet or from identical ranges over several sheets. "Linking" usually means to directly reproduce/reflect data from vario...

linking to a hidden BE on a network share
I would like to link my access FE to a hidden access BE on a network share. However, this requires that to hide the BE that I put a dot before the name e.g. (.my_be). Since the BE is hidden I cannot use the link table utility in Access to find it, nor will this utility allow me to write in the path since it does not like the dot before the file name. So........ is there a simple way to set up the links to a hidden BE on the Unix share with a dote before the name of the BE? thanks hi, On 01.03.2010 16:51, salmonella wrote: > So........ is there a simple > way to set...

can i link/ nest combo boxes
Hi, is it possible to select from one combo box so that it filters the available selections in a second combo box. I then need to run a report (I have got the code for that) then probably start all over again. Currently my first combo box, selects the week number and my second combo box selects all the trade groups Id love to be able to select the truly available trade groups instead of everyone in the query Hope that made some sense A commonly used technique. This is known as Cascading Combos. Set the second combo up so that in filters on the first. SELECT TradeGroup FROM tblTrades W...

Problem with internet links from HTML mail (plus a question about application blocking)
I have a problem in that if I simply click links within emails in OutlookXP they open in an existing/open Internet Explorer window. Most of the time this is fine. If I want it to open in a new window shift click works fine in text emails but some HTML emails don't open the link but rather bring up a save dialogue. It isn't all HTML emails though which is a bit strange, and doesn't seem predictable. Any ideas how to get Shift/Click to correctly open a new window would be appreciated. Also I am getting the "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in...

graphic in excel based upon result
In one of the available templates, there are icons that appear in the results cell based upon if the result is at or below budget, and also variable icons based upon how far over budget. So, you see, for example, a green circle in the left section of the cell along with the results if you are at or below budget. I have a use for this functionality but need assistance as to how to program this. Hi Mike, Use Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007. Select the cell(s) of interest -->"Conditional Formatting" --> "Icon Sets" --> Select the icon set yo...

Sharepoint Linked Table
Hi! I just inherited an Access 2003 database which has a linked table to Sharepoint (dbo_...) without any problem. When you view the actual table from Sharepoint it only has 5 fields, but in Access 2003 have 12 fields. It gets updated without any issue. We are in the process of converting to Access 2007 and the linked table is different from Access 2003. Most of the columns are dropped. Would anyone know how I can keep the same exact column layout (# of columns) as in 2003? This is necessary, because in the code, the linked table updates the local table. Also, we must leave as is, beca...

Using variable in external links
Dear all, Is is possible to use value store in other cells in external links? Say I have a list of filename on column A apple.xls orange.xls banana.xls ..... and thousands more. How can I build external links to these workbooks by formula easily? Like this for example, ='C:\apple.xls\Sheet1'!$A$4 ='C:\orange.xls\Sheet1'!$A$4 ='C:\banana.xls\Sheet1'!$A$4 Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks & regards, Automne See if the INDIRECT function will help. On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 01:48:58 +0800, "automne" <hersbt_no_spam@yahoo.com.hk> wrote: >...

AAARGH!!! Help needed with misbehaving form link criteria
I'm tearing my hair out over a bug that has just arisen in one of my Access 2000 forms - at least I would be, if I had any hair left. I have a bound continuous form of payment records (called PaymentsList) with a command button that opens a modal popup form (called EditPayments) for editing a specific payment. The standard Access 2000 command button wizard click event code is as follows, Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "EditPayments" stLinkCriteria = "[PaymentDate]=" & "#" & Me![PaymentDate] &...

Filters and subtotals
Hi I have a number of workbooks, for which I would like to refresh the data (pulling info from another workbook using MS Query) that is in each. What I wish to end up with, in each workbook: is my data refreshed; filters applied to the columns; and subtotalling applied. I had produced a macro to do this and it did seem fine until it encounters a workbook that has either filters or subtotalling already applied. My problem is that the workbooks won't always be in the same format (i.e. some will have these applied, others won't) when I want to update the information....

Linked table manager doesn't work.
Even though all my tables are linked, some to SQL server via odbc, others to a backend .mdb, the listbox in the add-in is empty. Reinstalling Access 2003 didn't help. Googling brought up one similar question but I'll be d@#$ned if I pay to join the site to see the answer. -- Bob Quintal PA is y I've altered my email address. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Solution is noted here: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=835519 -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com the file to re-regist...

Subtotals on pivot tale as 100%
How can I get a pivot table with 100% in subtotal and increase the %age yearly? 2002 2003 Produce Grading No. % of Produce No. % of Produce Apples excellent 10 23.26% 14 32.56% good 20 46.51% 22 51.16% poor 13 30.24% 9 20.93% Apples Total 43 100.00% 45 104.65% Greens excellent 15 9.09% 22 13.33% good 60 36.36% 58 35.15% poor 90 54.54% 81 85.15% Greens Total 165 100.00% 171 103.64% Potatoes excellent 6 4.26% 8 5.67% good 45 31.91% 51 36.17% poor 90 63.83% 73 48.22% Potatoes Total 141 100.00% 127 90.07% See: http://tinyurl.com/4nbpf -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails pl...

Spouse tracking, linking in CRM
We have a situation where both individuals of a married couple are in our Contacts table. We want to first be able to link the two people together on the form, and not in the relationships area. Any suggestions on doing a lookup from a Contact for another contact to display the contact name? Once the link is made, we would want to open the other person's form (similar to opening an account from the contact form). A similar situtation might be tracking the pain chain in an organization - this person reports to their manager. Link the two together. Secondly, if we can do that, ...