How to know when to use category and series fields correctly

I am trying to figure out what options are available when you plug in
specifice information to fields.   I need to be able to look at specifice
information by month and by procedure code.  So does that need to be on the
series axis or category or etc.?   I keep getting all the information for the
year listed and I am not able to list it for individual months.  When I try
to group for a month it says group is not allowed.  Can someone tell me what
I am doing wrong?  Thanks
--
ultrasounds4u
0

Not 100% sure of the problem, do you have a number of rows each with a month
in one column and procedure code in another?

example
a1: January b1: 3467
a2: february b2: 7895

You can use auto filter on the headings of your data (top row) then when you
filter you can choose to look at just one month out of all your data.

"ultrasounds4u1" wrote:

> I am trying to figure out what options are available when you plug in
> specifice information to fields.   I need to be able to look at specifice
> information by month and by procedure code.  So does that need to be on the
> series axis or category or etc.?   I keep getting all the information for the
> year listed and I am not able to list it for individual months.  When I try
> to group for a month it says group is not allowed.  Can someone tell me what
> I am doing wrong?  Thanks
> --
> ultrasounds4u
0
timm (30)

Installing and using Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student Addition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) My husband recently purchased a new MacBook Pro. He gave me his MacBook Air. Office Home and Student addition was installed on his old computer (MacBook Air), and was loaded on the new computer. I purchased my own copy of Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student and installed it on the MacBook Air but can't use when my husband is using his version. The product keys are obviously different, but when he's writing in Word, I cannot. The message is that two people can not use the program at once who are on the same network. What do I do so ...

Sorting & Grouping On Multiple Fields
Hello, can anyone help me with this? I have four fields in a table call Team1, Team2, Team3 & Team4. Each of the fields are linked to a lookup table that has 22 team names. Persons in the database can be a part of up to four team. I wish to group my report by the 22 teams. My problem is how do I tell my report to check all four fields for each of the 22 team names before it starts to group. For example a person can be in a team call "Hawk" and that is listed in the field call Team1, while another person can also be in "Hawk" but have that listed in the field ...

Category Balances
I like how MSMoney gives me the Account Balances report that shows me the grand total for every account that I want included and then summarizes it all. What I'm looking for is a way to do this with the categories. I can pull up all of the transactions for each category, which gives me the grand total for the category, but it has to show all of the transactions. I'm just looking to represent it as: Category Name Total Cat1 $99,999.99 Cat2 $99,999.99 Cat3 ...

Push single contact field data into prepared excel workbook
I am new to macros but ameager to get some formulated to help run my small business. I have been trying to find some code which suits my requirement of pushing signgular fields from a contact into a pre-prepared excel book which is loaded with the next stage of macro-powered automation. I recieve enquiries both via email and by phone. I use my blackberry to save phone enquiries to address book and Anagram for Blackberry to capture the required contact data from our email enquiry form. Both are then synchronised with my Outlook contacts. Either from the point of creation, or through ...

Account Category
Hi, I need to know how important is account category number in entire GP?.Where is used to? How is the relationship whit FRx? How affect all process into GP, like year end close? I really appreciate your help. -- Evelin. You can use them in FRx but they are not necessary. In fact, I never use them. If you were using the GP Advanced Financial reports, you would need them. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Ana Evelin Rosa" wrote: > Hi, > > I need to know how important is account category number in entire GP?.Where > is used to? How is the relationship whit FRx? How aff...

Clear rows where field contains a negative sign
I have a procedure called that looks for a negative sign (*-*) in the D column for all records. If it exists, the entire row is deleted. The procedure below works well for this situation, BUT when there are no records with the negative sign in the D column it deletes the first record in row 1. The Range somehow is set for the value in the D column for row 1. I have been unable to stop this so far. Does anyone have a way to not delete row one if the filter is not met? Here is the procedure: Sub CleanCancelledChks() Dim r As Range With ActiveSheet ActiveSheet.Columns(&...

Need help with using a bar graph in a report
I have a report that separates information about representatives by manager. I need the graphs to give a quick summary on a few stats from each rep but only show for that manager's team and not all information. For example: Manager A has RepA, RepB, and RepC under him. Each rep has Aux1, Aux2, Aux3 information which needs to be displayed. My goal is to show Manager A with his Reps A,B, and C of their Aux1, 2, and 3. Then, under the next manager Header I want Manager B to show Rep D, E, and F with their Aux1, 2, and 3 information. Etc thru Manager G. Please help... Th...

how to find used region with macro
Hi, sorry if this obvious or has been asked recently. I have a macro that goes through all rows and all columns in a selection. If a row or a column is hidden, the font of that row or column is changed. A friend wants to use the macro in a Workbook with many sheets. He asked if I could change it so that he does not need to do a selection on every sheet before he runs it. I imagine that a nested loop through all rows and all columns will take a long time? I�ve tried to figure out how to get the range defined by the last row and the last column filled with data. First I tried with Current...

payables ck batch missing in series post
We have a check batch (GP ver 9) where the post option is gray - and when we go to series post the batch doesn't show up. This batch was previously stuck and we set the batch status back to zero. Now we can't post it. Check batch recovery and see if it's there Patti. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com It is not in batch recovery. "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote: > Check batch recovery and see if it's there Patti. > > Frank Hamelly > MCP-GP, MCT, MVP > East Coas...

Can't open database window using shift key...
Hi there, I have an Access database that I distribute to my client on CDROM. The start up options of the database are set so that the database window is not visible to the users. When the database is updgraded the database manager copies it from the CDROM to the relavant PC and then uses the shift key on opening in order to display the database window and link to the tables in the existing back-end. This procedure has been done many many times without a problem... BUT last week he found that holding down the shift key whilst opening the database no longer opened the database window and leave...

Parameter Query using date ranges
I am creating a parameter query where I want to pull data between 2 dates. In the date criteria of my query, if I write between #01/01/2008# and #01/31/2008# +1, I will get all data for January. If I use a form to enter the dates and have Between [Forms]![autoexec]![start] And [Forms]![autoexec]![end] +1 in the date criteria, I get an error. Does anyone know what I should put in the criteria to make the query work? Are you entering your dates as m/d/y? What happens if you try: DateAdd("d", 1, [Forms]![autoexec]![end]) Is the form open? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access...

Fill null fields from last record non-null in that field
Access 2000 -- I have a database table which is built from an import from a text file. I want to fill blank fields in records from the last previous record that has a value in that, and then when Access encounters a new record with a value in it, have this pasted into the fields below it. Now, it looks like this: 1 "0010099" 2 3 5 "0010100" 6 7 8 9 10 "0010101" 11 12 I want it to look like this: 1 "0010099" 2 "0010099 3 "0010099 5 "0010100" 6 "0010100" 7 "0010100" 8 "0010100" 9 "0...

lead source field not populating during import
I added more choises to the lead source pull down. Restarted IIS. When I go into CRM they show up fine and I can choose them for a new lead. However I am importing leads (using Scribe) and I cannot get this field to populate. If I assign the number value associated with each pull down choice I get the number in that field. If I put nothing in that field to import when I go into CRM only the original choices for the pull downs are there, not the ones I added. I know I published them because I can see them if I'm just adding a lead from within CRM Any suggestions anyone. Hi...

Suggestion for using CStringArray with Unicode, mulit-byte, ATL &
Hi, I couldn't find the "development" group so i chose this one. I am trying to bring some code that has the CStringArray in it from a Multi-Byte project into a Unicode project and I keep getting errors I cannot resolve. Scenario: Project type: DLL Use MCF: Shared DLL Use ATL: Not using ATL Min CRT Use in ATL: No Char set: Unicode added afxcoll.h to stdafx.h as suggested elsewhere #include <afxcoll.h> #include "resource.h" #include <atlbase.h> #include <atlcom.h> I get the following error; Error 247 error LNK2005: _DllMain@12 already defined in Te...

Title Field
Is it possible to change the column type of the 'Title' field in my SharePoint list for example, to a 'Choice' field? I don't really need a 'Title' field, but of course I need to have the 'Edit menu' option on one of the fields, and I don't want it to be a 'single line of text'. Any help would be appreciated. -- Thanks, Rob E. I wouldn't recommend messing with the title column. It's a system column and it's better to be left alone. What you can do however: 1) Hide the Title column See: http://ferraradata.co...

Using Access 2003 for Inventory
I plan to setup our inventory system in the warehouse using Access 2003. Now, what I would like it to do (and it has been a long time since I have tried to do anything with access so I don't remember if this is possible or not) is automatically create a report that will tell me when I am low on equipment and possibly e-mail it to me and my supervisor. I'd also like to do the samething so with our drop material (cables, ground blocks, etc.) and have it e-mail to the owner so that he can place an order. The system, ideally, will also allow me to view what our technicians have on ...

Add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, Email, and Task form 01-30-06
Is it possible to add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, Email, and Task forms? Existing Category and Sub-Category fields sound like they should be linked to it. A good example would be Membership as a Category and Application as sub-category (Membership being a subject and Application being a sub-subject). Yes, this is possible. You will need to create a new entity called i.e. Email Subject and then create a 1 to many relationship between email and this new entity. "mkatsev" wrote: > Is it possible to add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, E...

How can I use Outlook in two computers (my PC and my laptop)? I o.
How can I use Outlook in two computers (my PC and my laptop)? I can only see my incoming emails in my PC, but not in my laptop; even though I have configured Outlook in both computersto received the incoming emails to my university account. "osiris" <osiris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C5ACFC5-3859-4FB0-BC20-3AC7A9B5F6A3@microsoft.com... > How can I use Outlook in two computers (my PC and my laptop)? I can only > see > my incoming emails in my PC, but not in my laptop; even though I have > configured Outlook in both computersto received th...

Using SQL Query to mass update a field.
Having a problem in eOrder where the pictures are not showing up. I found out the Inventory image in internet information is mapped to a drive letter. If I remove the drive letter, I can see the picture in eOrder. I would like to mass update the SY01200 INET4 field and change all from f:\inventory pictures\image.jpg to image.jpg (where image.jpg is the file name). It sounds like I need to create a cursor script but am not sure how to do this. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks. Backup you data first. You might be able to use DTS to trim the data with a string transformation. Or you ...

category list
Is there any way to print out a list of categories? I've just set up a new list and it would be handy to have one to consult until I get used to the new categories. In microsoft.public.money, Windwatcher wrote: >Is there any way to print out a list of categories? I've just set up a new >list and it would be handy to have one to consult until I get used to the >new categories. > Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees->Categories File->Print ...

Save data in a worksheet in fixed length fields...
I have data in a worksheet (Office 2000) which I would like to export in fixed length format for importing into another application. Is there a way to use column settings or a wizard to export the file in correct format rather than exporting and then having to do signficant editing before I can import the file into the other application? one way: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#fixedfield In article <9C97DB7F-65EB-4438-926E-23906D56E75D@microsoft.com>, dietzd <dietzd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have data in a worksheet (Office 2000) which ...

select correct record
Hi, I have an unbound box to search and select an athlete in a sales form. It works only partially. Each athlete can have several sales records for each contract year and there are some athletes with the same last name. I want to be able to select the record based on the contract year. But when I try to select the year that I want it just selects the first record. Here is my code and the information from the recordsource box. SELECT qrysales.Lname, qrysales.Fname, qrysales.SalesID, qrysales. contractyear FROM qrysales ORDER BY qrysales.Lname; Private Sub cbosearch_AfterUpdat...

Is there a style field in Word 2007?
In Word 2000, there was a field in one of the tool bars that showed the name of the style for the selected paragraph. Is there any way to get something like that back in Word 2007? I have the Quick Style Gallery, but it only shows a few styles. I'd like a field that shows the current style. You can add the Style box to the QAT from the Customize window. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sesquipedalian Sam" <sesquipod@nowhere.noway> wrote in message news:a5riq5ho7ohierknkesjg0p0tici...

XML Serialization : Error reflecting field.... #2

Excel Sort should prompt headers before fields; selections erase.
I go to sort a table, select the fields, then see that the auto-highlight is incorrect, so I change the header/no-header option to accomodate my table sort, and Excel wipes out my field selections. Have Excel guide the user to choose header/no-header first to avoid the double-work of field selection. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Micro...