how to insert month date year and day of week

I use Win XP Home Edition, SP2, Excel 2003

Can someone inform me how to put Month, date, year and day of the week in
cell. I'd like to insert for example, 05/18/06 Wed

0
snospam (11)

enter
mm/dd/yy ddd

"Sachi Noma" wrote:

> I use Win XP Home Edition, SP2, Excel 2003
>
> Can someone inform me how to put Month, date, year and day of the week in
> cell. I'd like to insert for example, 05/18/06 Wed

0
BJ (832)
5/17/2006 12:04:01 PM
Beautiful, thank you so much

Sachi from Japan

"bj" <bj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> enter
> mm/dd/yy ddd
>
> "Sachi Noma" wrote:
>
>> I use Win XP Home Edition, SP2, Excel 2003
>>
>> Can someone inform me how to put Month, date, year and day of the week in
>> cell. I'd like to insert for example, 05/18/06 Wed

0
snospam (11)

I want to insert half of a space instead of a whole space in word.
I want to see if I can insert half a space instead of a "whole" space between words in Microsoft word. On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 10:34:02 -0800, Hucksie <Hucksie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to see if I can insert half a space instead of a "whole" space between >words in Microsoft word. In the Insert > Symbol dialog, you'll find an "en space" character at Unicode number 2002. There is no shortcut key assigned to it by default, but you can assign one by clicking the Shortcut Key button in the dialog. If you don't need...

Difference between two dates
Is there a way in which i can determine the difference in date between the date stored in a field and the end date of a query request? example: Field has date of 1/1/07. Query asks for a date range. Date range given is 1/1/07 - 1/31/07. I want to be able calculate the difference between the end date and the field date If the field name is Field1, and the query asks for a parameter named [Wot End Date], use: DateDiff("d", [Field1], [Wot End Date]) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply t...

Expiration date to a printed document
This is what I'd like to do: When someone prints the document it displays an expiration date on the document. ie: Policy and Procedure hardcopy is only good for the day it was printed. thanks I'd suggest a PrintDate field - with the appropriate formatting and supporting boilerplate text. -- Cheers! Gordon Bentley-Mix Word MVP "Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F871D71-0A25-4E2F-8783-01E0A20456F8@microsoft.com... > This is what I'd like to do: > When someone prints the document it displays an expirati...

Summary of Difference between dates in years, months, days
I need to calculate the difference between 2 dates and then total them. Here's what I have so far: From To Length of Service 01/09/2003 31/01/2010 6y 4m 30d 01/06/2000 30/11/2002 2y 5m 29d Total of Service: ?????????? I've used the following formula to calculate the total days worked: =DATEDIF(A4,B4,"Y")&"y "&DATEDIF(A4,B4,"ym")&"m "&DATEDIF(A4,B4,"md&...

outlook 2007 monthly calendar six column?
Just converted to Outlook 2007 from 2003, where I could print a monthly calendar with 6 columns: Mon Tue Wed Th Fri Sat/Sun. This freed up some width per column, b/c the weekend days were consolidated. Can't seem to do this with '07. The columns are too skinny (even on landscape) and I can't read appts. Advice? Thx Try the calendar printing assistant or word template- see http://slipstick.me/calprint for links. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

Date/Time Displayed as 07/tt/jjjj
Hi, I'm new with MS CRM and just testing it. I have a prob with all date/time fields like described in the subject of this post. Timezone is set for all users Problem occurs in all date/time fields in the web application Anyone has a clue? Regards Jan As Administrator, go to Home > Settings > there is an area in there (can't remember what its called) that enable you to change default date/time format "JanScheider" <JanScheider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1F22171-AEDC-4222-A8CE-3E333B0576CA@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'...

Number of items per day in chart.
Hello all, I have a list of dates and times ( listed as 1/18/2006 1:30:10 AM in cell) that indicate a sale that took place. What I am trying to do is create a chart from this list that indicate the number of sales per day. I would like the chart to have the days of the month accross the bottom and a bar indicating how many sales per that day. Can anybody help me with this? Whenever i try and use the bar chart it shows me a cumulative total (includes the previous sales from previous days). Also, I am using Excel 2003. Any help would be appreciated, Ian Let's assume you data...

Convert Date & hour to decimal
If I have a column of values with a format like 9/2/2005 4:30, how do I convert that to decimal hours after (say) 1/1/2005 0:0? Also, is 4:30 routinely treated as HH:MM or might it be interpreted as MM:SS? Thanks, E-Jo Hi Take the earlier date/time from the later one and format the result as [hh] Andy. "Everett Joline" <ejoline@optonline.net> wrote in message news:emvmG3yVFHA.4056@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > If I have a column of values with a format like 9/2/2005 4:30, how > do I convert that to decimal hours after (say) 1/1/2005 0:0? > Also, is 4:30 routinely ...

Monthly sales report listed daily
I am trying to come up with a report that will print out each days sales, returns, payouts, drops. Just need the daily totals. Would like to be able to run montly,qtrly, yearly. Am I missing something?? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A6_01CAD7D6.D51F1E40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Try this one. http://cid-1bcac9084c11967d.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/MRMS%20-%2= 0Current/Reports%20^0%20Receipts/SO/Reports/Custom%20-%20Sales%20-%20Z%20= Report%20All.qrp --=20...

calculating the work week
Is there a way to calculate the workweek in a particular year, given the year, month, day, and the day number in that year such as 115. I thought maybe using strftime would work, but it always returns the current time, date, and workweek. This is what I tried: CString CUtilities::ConvertDaysToWeekOfYear(CString year, CString month, CString day, CString yeardays) { CString tmp; tmp.Format("Days of Year: %s\nMonth: %s\nDay: %s\nYear: %s\n",yeardays,month,day,year); MessageBox(tmp); struct tm *newtime; time_t aclock; CString returnString; int iWorkWeek; time(&aclo...

Error message needed if incorrect Date Of Birth (DOB) entered
Hi, In cell D6 I have a DOB entered....in cell E6 I have a datedif function that has 3 conditional formatting set as: 1 - If D6 is blank, E6 is blank. 2 - If DOB in D6 is between 18 - 24 then E6 shows age and cell is yellow. 3 - If DOB in D6 is 25 or over then E6 shows age and cell is blue. What I need is when a DOB is entered in D6 under 16 years old, then D6 returns an error message -" You have Entered an Age under 16 Years - Retry!! ". I have tried Data Validation, but cant get a message from tha as I dont know what to set as the date validation. I do need a...

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

How to get "from this year on"
Hi all, I am a newbie trying to retrieve all records from say "1998" on(to the latest). Presently I have : Like "*" & "/" & "*" & "/" & [Enter Year:] I know I need to use ">=" and tried many combinations unsuccessfully. Can someone please help me. Thanks in advance, Emilio It all starts with the data... ?!What data?! Do you have a field that holds dates? Does Access think that field holds dates (i.e., a Date/Time data type)? Or is that field defined as a "text" field? The text string "1...

INSERT INTO problems
Hi all, I hope this doesn't appear twice, I did it a while ago and it never came up! So here goes again! I am trying to use INSERT INTO to insert one record in to a table (tna feedback) in two fields (USER ID: and DESK/LAPTOP). The values are generated by two different forms; stUser comes from this form and stMachine comes from another form which has been hidden once the user has chosen the value. This part works fine. However, every time I run it I get an "Incomplete Query clause" error message but can't fidure out what I've done wrong! Here is the code: Dim SQL ...

How to generate list of items with same status over three or more successive days
I would like to ask the community to help me with the following case. We do have a vehicle tracking business and need to monitor vehicle status every day. We are looking for a way to get a list on a daily basis of vehicles that has their status not changed over three days. Columns of the feeder: Date VehicleNr Status (consider A, B, ..., F) The idea is to add the feeder on a new sheet, so comparison will be over more sheets. Columns of generated list of vehicles with same status over more then three days: VehicleNr Status List generation on the same sheet that is refreshed daily. The li...

Deleting inactive accounts that have zero balance for entire year
How do you delete inactive accounts that have a zero balance for the entire year? We have an account that is inactive that carried over into 2008 that will have no postings in 2008 that we would like to delete. Thanks for all help in advance. -- Dave Christman System Developer Dave - From GP - Cards|Financial|Account>>>type in the account you want and click the delete button. That is the cleanest way out. "Dave Christman" wrote: > How do you delete inactive accounts that have a zero balance for the entire > year? We have an account that is inactive that car...

How do I format a cell to auto date
I would like to have a date automatically enter itself each time I open the spreadsheet. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi George Use a function like this one for todays date =TODAY() -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF21130-EBD9-41C2-8CB5-5723BE40CBB1@microsoft.com... >I would like to have a date automatically enter itself each time I open the > spreadsheet. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated. > Thanks ...

ERROR check if a date set entered violates a perviously entered date set
I am devloping an Excel program that has a list of date sets, not necessarily in sequencial order. What I want is an ERROR CHECK if a date set violates any date set previously entered. What I was looking for was that a date set could not be typed in as follows: 1/10/04 to 4/20/04 2/10/04 to 3/20/04 The second date set falls within the first set and should be invalid setting off a message or an alert of an invalid entry. I am interested in making it idiot proof so that one could not enter date sets within or covering dates sets already entered. This one really throws me, Please help. ...

make a Year to date column
Can someone please suggest how I can get the year to day column display Nothing if there is not anything in the preceding column? Eg... Column K is YTD. Column J is Invoice total. I figured out how to hide the zeros in the J column... but can't figure out how to make K show nothing until there is a figure in J. Its a simple sheet. Just adds invoices.. and provides a YTD figure. But looks DUMB when the last YTD figure is carried all the way down the column. Thank you ... Try something like this in say, K2, copied down: =IF(J2="","","<yourCumuYTDformul...

formula for the date 16 years ago.
Hi, im having trouble for making a formula for the the date 16 years ago. i understand the the formula for todays date is =TODAY() but im not sure how to modify it. thanx for your time --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way =DATE(YEAR(TODAY())-16,MONTH(TODAY()),DAY(TODAY())) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "electric_d >" <<electric_d.10amfq@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:electric_d.10amfq@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, im having trouble for making a formula for the the date 16 years > ago. i understand the the formula for today...

2002 monthly report closes-at wit's end
When I try in Money 2002 to run Monthly Report beginning in 10-03 I get obnoxious message: Money version has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I have isolated the problem to an account that I manually enter transactions-not a downloadable account. I have tried so many things in Microsoft Knowledge Base that have not worked. I have tried Import, salvage utility, corruption issues, changing categories to those found in Sample Money, ad naseum. Do I need to throw up my hands in disgust and curse Microsoft? Do I throw in the towel and live with...

Birth day Workflow
Hi I would Like to setup a workflow that kicks of on a Clients Birthdate send a Reminder or a task to the sales Manager. Pleas Help I tried but Failed thank You I think it could be worked out this way: Create a workflow rule that is manual called A. This waits until today = birthday then sends a mail to the manager. then calls A. (recursion) Then you can create a workflow rule called B that is triggered on creaton of a contact. It only calls A. You can now also manually start A on a contact. This might load the stack a bit, esspecially if something goes wrong. Otherwise it will prob...

Comparing 4 dates and getting 1 headache
Hi everyone, I have a problem hopefully some one can help me out with. I have the following 4 dates… Beginning Date of Service Ending Date of Service Eligible Beginning Date of Service Eligible Ending Date of Service I need a formula that will compare the Beginning Date of Service to the Eligible Beginning Date of Service, if the Eligible date is later it will take that if is earlier then it will take the Beginning Date of Service and compare it to the Ending Date of Service if the Eligible Ending Date of Service is later then the Ending Date of Service or the Ending Date of Serv...

How would I set formating to highlight overscheduled days in a row?
How do I set up formatting to highlight when a value is used x number of days in a row on a schedule? For example I have Bob, Ron, Jan and Max working for me. My schedule looks something like this: Mon Tue Wen Tru Fri Bob Ron Bob Bob Bob Jan --- Jan Max Jan Ron --- Max Ron Max --- --- Ron --- --- Is there a way so that any time anyone is scheduled three days in a row they are Highlighted in yellow and if they are 4 days in a row they are highlighted red? Also, how can this be accomplished when other formatting is included as well? i.e. Bob is always highlighted in blue, Jan in green, Ma...

How to search on a month ?
I have a date/time field where a date look like this 31-12-2006 24:00:00 Now I want to get all the records with august month. I have tryed to use this SQL - SELECT * from tabel where daReportDate(month) = 08 But it does not work. How do I search on a month ? -- My Photo Gallery www.anothermasterpiece.com I found out the I should do it this way - SELECT * FROM TableName WHERE Month(date_field) = 08 But if I try to take the current month, like this - SELECT * FROM TableName WHERE Month(date_field) = Month(GetDate()) I get this error - Undefined function <name> in expression Ca...