how to fit my column unmoved eventhough i scroll down?

how to make like for example i have column 1 until column 20
when i right scroll to column 8, it start to move to right hand side, and my
first column can't see anymore.

I want to be even though i scroll, the first column is not moving one.. no
matter how i scroll, it can see the first column, how to set?
which option?
0
Zxing (1)

Hi
- move the cursor in cell B1
- goto 'windows - Freeze Panes

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Zxing" <Zxing@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> how to make like for example i have column 1 until column 20
> when i right scroll to column 8, it start to move to right hand side,
and my
> first column can't see anymore.
>
> I want to be even though i scroll, the first column is not moving
one.. no
> matter how i scroll, it can see the first column, how to set?
> which option?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Moving data to blank column??????
Hi I have a worksheet with various columns of data. Some of the information takes up 5 columns and some only takes up 4 columns. What I would like to do is run a macro to move data from the cells in column 4 into column 5 where column 5 is blank. Could I have some help on this please. Many thanks Malcolm Davidson Sub Malcolms_blank_cells() Range ("e2").select do until activecell.offset(0,-1).value = "" If activecell.value="" then activecell.value=activecell.offset(0,-1).value end if selection.offset(1,0).se...

scroll window
Hello! I read a book called programming Visual C++ says. "If you use the mouse to shrink the size of an ordinary window, the contents of the window remain anchored at the top of the window, and items at the bottom and/or the right of the window disappear. When you expand the window, the items reappear.You can correctly conclude that a window is larger then the viewport that you see on the screen. the viewport doesn't have to be anchored at the top left of the window area however. Through the use of the CWnd functions ScrollWindow and SetWindowOrg, the CscrollView class allows...

Column Chart, Displaying two values on one column.
Hello, Is it possible to display two value on one column. For example Budget = 4.6% Actual = -6.0% I can display this on a column without any problems, one column for budget and one for actual. Is it possible to add another value to the Actual so it displays on the same column but in a different colour? For example I would like to add: Net = 2.3% and display this on the Actual column in a different colour. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Brett You can format a stacked column chart to resemble a clustered-stacked column chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Cluster...

Column Chart
How do I create a column chart that (as data labels) shows the actual numbers for one of the series and percentages for two other series. Here is the data: A B C=A+B D E=C+D B/C % D/C % 102 64 166 41 207 38,6% 24,7% 104 62 166 42 208 37,3% 25,3% 103 69 172 43 215 40,1% 25,0% 102 61 163 36 199 37,4% 22,1% 100 56 156 30 186 35,9% 19,2% The chart must show the numbers in col...

Calendar year option in FRx Reporter Column header
Please add a code that allows you to populate the Calendar year in the header of the FRx Report column layout. It is important for non-profits and others who have subsidiaries working on a different fiscal year. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://...

Color Chart Columns to Color Specified by a Cell Value
I want to create a chart with the color of the columns specified by a value in a cell. All of the columns can be of the same color. I am already using the code below to update the scale of the chart, using a value in cell E35 in this case. Is there something I can add to this to control the color or do I need to use a seperate piece of code? Sub UpdateScale() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 4").Activate With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue) ..MinimumScale = 0 ..MaximumScale = Range("e35").Value End With End Sub ...

Countif non consecutive columns
I have the following: Attended Attended A B C D E F 1 John Doe x Y x N ____ Column B and D with the x are if they are to attend and column C and E are whether they attended or not and it continues for several other courses. How do I sum or countif the nonconsecutive columns are Y? It will be column C, E, G, I etc but the same row. I need to tally how many they actually attended vs not attned in another column next to it. Thank you! Hope this ...

CFormView and scrolling
Hi, I am developping on pocket pc an application with some views deriving from CFormView. On this platform you cannot resize your MainFrame because it's always maximized. So let's say I have a CAboutView and inside it I am putting some controls outside the client rect, for now here is what I am doing to have the scrollbar appeared : void CAboutView::OnWindowPosChanged( WINDOWPOS* lpwndpos ) if ( rcItem.bottom > rc.bottom ) { // Scroll bar info SetScrolling( TRUE ); SetScrollPos( SB_VERT, 0 ); SetScrollSizes( MM_TEXT, CSize( rc.Width(), rcItem.bottom + 2) ); } el...

How do I sort inbox on two columns
A person can sort the inbox by (for example) clicking on the top of the date colun. After a few seconds the list is sorted by date. Click on the from column and after a few seconds the list is sorted by "from" but what if I would llike to sort by from within date or date within from, or any other combiation of two columns. How can I do that? K View-> Arrange By-> Custom...-> Group By: From-> Sort: received -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, A...

How to Combine a Floating Column Chart with Line?
My data looks like this: Date B C D E 06/12/06 108.95 107.64 #N/A #N/A 06/13/06 108.38 106.67 108.61 109.29 06/14/06 108.05 108.02 108.04 108.72 06/15/06 110.15 110.04 107.71 108.39 06/16/06 110.23 109.83 109.81 110.49 06/19/06 110.29 109.02 109.89 110.57 I'm attempting to create a floating column chart using column D and E, where the first occurrence (6/13) ought to float a column from a low of 108.61 to a high of 109.29. A stacked column, with the D column removed results in a floating column from 108 to 217. How do you produce a floating column from 108.61 to 109.29 for the 6/13 ...

Filter Dropdown contains values not in column
Hi I'm using Data/Filter/Auto Filter.....and I've somehow ended up with values not in my column. My column includes about 6 different dates, this is what I would expect to see in my filter options. Instead, I'm seeing about 20 different dates. Are these stored values somewhere, and can they easily be cleared? Thanks I bet you looked at a subset of the rows to determine the 6 dates. Or... Maybe you have a bunch of data under the table you wanted filtered. And you selected the entire column to filter--instead of just that single table. dickharlo@gmail.com wrote: > &...

Fitting to scale?
I have inconsistencies when I select fit to scale, sometimes I get large white spaces (about 1.5 - 2 inches on either side) and the page looks really narrow. How can i fix this and get a more consistent look to all the workbooks. You'll often get that kind of results when you choose to "fit to scale" with settings fixed for both page width and height. If it's a long document, then it has to squeeze it down a lot to get it on one page, and it squeezes the width at the same time, giving wide margins. What you can do is to choose the Fit to Scale settings to f...

Blank column to be unique increment
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to write an update SQL to fill an Integer column with an incremental number. Example: My table has 500 rows, I want this new Integer column to be filled with number of 1 to 500. Is there a way to do this via an update SQL statement? Thanks in advance. Here is one example: CREATE TABLE Foo ( keycol INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, datacol CHAR(1), seq_nbr INT); INSERT INTO Foo (keycol, datacol) VALUES (1, 'a'); INSERT INTO Foo (keycol, datacol) VALUES (8, 'b'); INSERT INTO Foo (keycol, datacol) VALUES (11, 'c'); INS...

how do i change column labels back to letters? currently columns.
when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both labeled with numbers. How do I relabel the columns alphabetically so that I can use formulas? thanks Click Tools > Options > General tab Uncheck "R1C1 reference style" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "slthompson" <slthompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DF283F7-A345-46E9-AD0C-148B8BDC200B@microsoft.com... > when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both &g...

Hyperlink column not clickable
Hi, I have a gridview on my page bound to a dataset. It shows all the information, but the one column that should be a hyperlink is not working. Here is the code I use to create the hyperlink column: Dim clHP As New HyperLinkField clHP.DataTextField = "dateline" clHP.HeaderText = "Date" clHP.HeaderStyle.BackColor = gridbackcolor clHP.HeaderStyle.ForeColor = gridforecolor clHP.HeaderStyle.Font.Name = "Arial" clHP.HeaderStyle.Font.Bold = True clHP.HeaderStyle.Font.Size = fontsize clHP.HeaderStyle.HorizontalAlign = Ho...

To scroll down a page
Hi all, How I can make a slide by scrolling up the page. Please advice me With thanks and regards Pol If you want the slide to appear if it is coming from the bottom or the top use the wipe animation and adjust the time to your liking. Always a good idea to mention the version of PowerPoint your working with. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "pol" <pol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE894FD0-EF08-4633-BF5F-4F49E5D0ECAB@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > How I can make a slide by scrolling up the page. Please advice...

how to protect appointed rows or columns to use the mouse and keyboard
hzh, You could include some text in your post. Maybe then we could figure out what you mean by "appointed"?? "To use the mouse and keyboard" makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Maybe you're a new poster??? If so, take a look here before reposting: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm Most anything that could be asked in the newsgroups has already been answered. Take a look here and you may just find what you're looking for (whatever that is)?? http://tinyurl.com/29pby John "hzh" <hzh62@163.com> wrote in message news:7A2382EE-00E6-4679...

How to sum up the value in column based on a 5 day week period?
Hello, Im trying to add the amount of time spent on a type of machinery based on a 5 day week period. For example from 3/1/2010 to 3/5/2010 not including weekends. On the sheet with the data of the amount of time I need added is layed out like this: Colomn A Colomn B Colomn K Example:3/1/2010 PL 1 1:54 3/1/2010 PL 5 0:13 3/1/2010 PL 1 0:07 3/2/2010 PL 5 0:13 3/2/2010 ...

converting rows and columns
Hi, I have a dataset that is not organized the way I want it to. The data is organized as follows: Country Variable Year1 Year2 Year3 ... A 1 10 20 30 A 2 5 6 7 A 3 45 40 35 B 1 4 9 2 B 2 ... B 3 ... C 1 C 2 etc. I want to copy this data into another table that is organized as follows: Country Year Variable1 Variable2 Variable3 A year1 ... ... ... A year2 ... A year3 . B year1 . B ye...

datagridview and checkbox column
Hi I'm building windows form using C# and framework 2.0. I have got one gridview form with two columns (one is text, another is checkbox column). I'm trying to write a code so user can select only one checkbox at a time, if he tries to select another checkbox from other row, it should prompt error msg if already one checkbox is selected. In short, at any time, only one row checkbox should be allowed to be selected. I tried to use CurrentCellDirtyStateChanged and counted check value but i couldn't cancel changes using EndEdit or CancelEdit if selected checkbo...

Can' get rid of scroll bars in a CView derived class !
Hi there Altough I changed window styles in CMainFrame, CChildFrame and in CMyView directly derived from CView, by modifying the CREATESTRUCT in PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs ) with : cs.style &= ~WS_VSCROLL; cs.style &= ~WS_HSCROLL; both scroll bars always appear ! My understanding was that this is sufficient to get rid of scrollbars. Wat's wrong ? thanks hi, I dunno how much this would help, but if you dont want scrollbars then why dont use a CView instead of a CScrollView ? gangadhar npk Alain Redlinger wrote: > Hi there > Altough I changed window s...

how do I turn rows into columns
I'm copy and pasting a list into Excel. Excel automatically takes my list and puts each item into the next row. What I want to do is have each row be the heading of a column instead. So how to I get the table to reverse itself, so items in rows go into columns, and the columns become rows instead? Copy > PasteSpecial > Transpose > ok.................. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Madigan" <Madigan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C2B2B8E-ECA8-4567-8507-945D25755F46@microsoft.com... > I'm copy and pasting a list into Excel. Excel ...

Chart with a lot of columns
If have an excell sheet with 24 sets of XY data (48 columns). I was wondering if anyone had a time saving tip for putting all this data on a scatter chart. Here are how my columns are organized: Time, Position1, Time, Velocity1, Blank, Blank, Time, Position2,Time,Velocity2, Blank, Blank.... I think that I am facing two seperate challanges: 1) How do I get excell to automatically put time on the x-axis and Position and Velocity on the y? 2) How do I get excell to automatically put the position1, position2, and so on into different data series. If their is no way around the tedious...

Scrolling Window Issues
Query 1: "Scrolling Window Issues" During insertion a new line in the scrolling window, a duplicate line automatically inserted only in Scrolling window. But when click again on the new line inserted it vanishes. I have following settings: 1>It saves line item during insertion. 2>I have applied range on the table attached with the scrolling window How can I get rid of this duplicate record in the scrolling window which has no existance in the database? Query 2: "Field Locking Issue in Scrolling Window" How can I lock a certain line in the scrolling window? ...

highlighting of cells and columns
When I want to format a cell or column and I click to highlight it the next two cells or columns to the right get hightlighted as well. I have to use my arrow keys to select the cell or the shift and arrow keys to pick the cell or column I want. How can I reset or stop this from happening? HELP!!! Gin Do you have any merged cells in the highlighted column? "gin" wrote: > When I want to format a cell or column and I click to highlight it the next > two cells or columns to the right get hightlighted as well. I have to use my > arrow keys to select ...