How to find/replace data in column

Hi,

In Excel I have a column of 0's as text and I want to change the whole
column to 1 but still as text.

How can I do this?

I tried a find/replace, but the 1 was entered as a number not as text.

Thanks
Rock
0
rock (31)

Thank you Gord...

The column I wish to change is actually K.

Does this mean the A1 in the formula should in fact be K1 ?

Rock

Gord Dibben wrote:
> Rock
>
> In an adjacent column.
>
> =IF(A1="0",TEXT(A1,"1"))
>
> Drag/copy down.
>

> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>

> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:26:57 +1100, Rock <1940@pobox.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>In Excel I have a column of 0's as text and I want to change the whole
>>column to 1 but still as text.
>>
>>How can I do this?
>>
>>I tried a find/replace, but the 1 was entered as a number not as text.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Rock

0
rock (31)
11/15/2005 9:53:06 PM
Rock

In an adjacent column.

=IF(A1="0",TEXT(A1,"1"))

Drag/copy down.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:26:57 +1100, Rock <1940@pobox.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In Excel I have a column of 0's as text and I want to change the whole
>column to 1 but still as text.
>
>How can I do this?
>
>I tried a find/replace, but the 1 was entered as a number not as text.
>
>Thanks
>Rock

0
Gord
11/15/2005 9:58:53 PM
Yes.

Change A1 to K1

Gord

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:53:06 +1100, Rock <1940@pobox.com> wrote:

>Thank you Gord...
>
>The column I wish to change is actually K.
>
>Does this mean the A1 in the formula should in fact be K1 ?
>
>Rock
>

>Gord Dibben wrote:
>> Rock
>>
>> In an adjacent column.
>>
>> =IF(A1="0",TEXT(A1,"1"))
>>
>> Drag/copy down.
>>

>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>>

>> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:26:57 +1100, Rock <1940@pobox.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>In Excel I have a column of 0's as text and I want to change the whole
>>>column to 1 but still as text.
>>>
>>>How can I do this?
>>>
>>>I tried a find/replace, but the 1 was entered as a number not as text.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>Rock

0
Gord
11/15/2005 10:38:17 PM
Also see Dave Peterson's answer to your other post in microsoft.public.excel
for an alternative.

Gord

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:38:17 -0800, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:

>Yes.
>
>Change A1 to K1
>

>Gord
>
>On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:53:06 +1100, Rock <1940@pobox.com> wrote:
>

>>Thank you Gord...
>>
>>The column I wish to change is actually K.
>>
>>Does this mean the A1 in the formula should in fact be K1 ?
>>
>>Rock
>>

>>Gord Dibben wrote:
>>> Rock
>>>
>>> In an adjacent column.
>>>
>>> =IF(A1="0",TEXT(A1,"1"))
>>>
>>> Drag/copy down.
>>>

>>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP

0
Gord

update column

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Macro

macros entering data

find data and autopaste when found

find instance of IE for server socket in activex component
Hi I have an activex component that has a server socket (using casyncsocket class) ..The problem is that when I have multiple instances of the IE open only the first instance (created first) recieves the messages the rest do not recieve the message. Is there a way to solve this problem .(i want the server send the reply to that instance of ie that sent the message) .Do I need to pass something like a pointer of hte javascript object .If so how Thanks When you say "server socket", that suggests a socket that does a Listen followed by an Accept. Otherwise it is a client socke...

Disappearing data in sync'd forms

Column searching problem
I have a worksheet called "net" containing the following: NETWORK AVG MIN MAX STD SAMPLES ABC 17.17 16.26 17.71 0.4469 19 CBS 12.99 11.69 14.56 0.6524 30 NBC 15.39 14.08 16.70 0.7323 38 NBC* 15.12 14.08 15.99 0.4910 31 Fox 10.63 9.07 12.09 0.9374 8 HBO 10.94 9.07 13.22 1.2507 19 Showtime 11.52 6.84 13.23 1.9017 11 HDNet 18.14 14.22 18.85 1.1619 14 HDNet* 18.45 18.13 18.85 0.2847 13 HDNet-Movies 1...

Column help
I have a seating chart I am trying to design for our graduation ceremony. Right now I have the report set up using columns. I have a rectange box with the graduates first, middle and last name in the box. I need 16 columns across the page for the seats which I have working. My problems are that I need a bold line going down the middle to divide the 8th and 9th rows. ( Students come in from 2 lines and meet in the middle of each row.) My next problem is that I need to have another column to the left of the 1st column and one to the right of the 16th column that will count the row num...

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...

Calculating Subsets of Data
I have data for records that can span between 1 to 16 months.. I want to be able to calculate the average activity for the most recent six months in a query and be able to display that in a report. I can create the calculation in the query for the entire duration of months for each record but am stuck on how to have it choose only the most recent six months of data to do the calculation and understand that the six months may really only be between 1 to 6 months of data.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..My skill level is somewhere between meatball surgeon and ki...

Header Column?!?
Hi all. I have a table with lots of rows. I also have a column which is numbered 1,2,3,.... for each row of data. However Excel also has its own list of numbers 1-9999. As a result the header row is numbered 1 and my 1st line of data is row 2. Is there a way of making the header row 0, so excel names my 1st line of data as row 1? Thanks in advance, any help is much appretiated. Ernest Lai Hi Ernest No, you cannot renumber Excels rows, they are 1:65536 What you can do, is use column A for your numbering and use Tools>Options>View and Turn off Row&column Headers If you pu...

CRM Error