How to create a formula?

What do I do to have a result appear automatically in F68 which is the
result of F67+C68+E68-D68. Currently I Copy and Paste on F67 & F68.

0
zygy (20)

In the cell type =F67+C68+E68-D68
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Zygy" <zygy@bt.connect.com> wrote in message
> What do I do to have a result appear automatically in F68 which is the
> result of F67+C68+E68-D68. Currently I Copy and Paste on F67 & F68.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
1/5/2007 2:12:31 PM
As I said I copy and paste the formula already, but how do I create a
formula that would produce the result in F69,70,71, ect, ect ad infinitum
with entries in col.C, E & D again ad infinitum?
"Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
> In the cell type =F67+C68+E68-D68
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "Zygy" <zygy@bt.connect.com> wrote in message
>> What do I do to have a result appear automatically in F68 which is the
>> result of F67+C68+E68-D68. Currently I Copy and Paste on F67 & F68.

0
zygy (20)
1/5/2007 2:20:48 PM
Click on the first cell with the formula
Note the small solid square in the lower tight corner - it's called the
'fill handle
Position the mouse cursor over this - the cursor changes from a large open +
to a small solid + when you are in position
Drag the fill handle down the column
OR, if the column next to the one of interest is full of entries then double
click the fill handle to do an automatic fill to the bottom
best wishes
--

> As I said I copy and paste the formula already, but how do I create a
> formula that would produce the result in F69,70,71, ect, ect ad infinitum
> with entries in col.C, E & D again ad infinitum?
> "Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
>> In the cell type =F67+C68+E68-D68
>> best wishes
>> --
>> Bernard V Liengme
>> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
>> remove caps from email
>>
>> "Zygy" <zygy@bt.connect.com> wrote in message
>>> What do I do to have a result appear automatically in F68 which is the
>>> result of F67+C68+E68-D68. Currently I Copy and Paste on F67 & F68.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Formula para sacar promedio pondeera
Hola Amigos: Tengo un problema al querer sacar promedio ponterado con numero de cursos distintos y para lo cual te adjunto el modelo. Pero quiero con formulas REDONDEDAR - SUMA - DIVIDIR - CONTAR U OTRAS MAS FORMULAS CURSOS JUNIO LENGUAJE Y LITERATURA 13 RAZ. VERBAL IDIOMA 12 GEOGRAFIA DEL PER� Y DEL MUNDO 12 EDUCACI�N RELIGIOSA 13 EDUCACI�N CIVICA 12 ECONOMIA FILOSOF�A Y LOGICA 12 MATEMATICA 13 RAZ. MATEMATICA 13 EDUCACI�N ARTISTICA 10 EDUCACI�N F�SICA 12 HISTORIA DEL PERU - PAM 12 F...

Formula to say Yes or No based on variance in time cells
Hi all, I have 2 time cells, F5 and I5, I want a forumla that will return the result Yes or No if there is a specified difference, 30mins for example. We have a spreadsheet with the same information coming from 2 sources and need to compare the information to say wether it is similar or not. Thanks in advance for any help Absolute difference? =IF(ABS(F5-I5)>=TIME(0,30,0),"Yes","No") -- HTH Bob Phillips "KingCreole" <shamble@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1117014247.379550.142950@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I have 2 ti...

Copying values/formulas from only visable lines when filters are o
I have huge spreadsheet with dozens of columns, and filters are on most columns. In my last column, I want to systematically post the results only of specific lines while specific (and sometimes multiple) filters are on. Also, the last column is filtered for "blanks" only, so if a line already has a value from copying a prior filter value that value does not get overwritten by a more recent filtered value. I have done this for years in excel 2003, but in 2007 the values from the non-visible lines copy over to my last column as well, which I don't want. How c...

OWA
SBS 2003 SP1, Exch 2003 SP2, FBA w/ SSL. If I add/delete a calendar event via OWA, I get a 5.1.7 NDR in my Inbox (pasted below). The calendar item is added/delete, and I see it in OWA or Outlook. I haven't seen any other posts similar to this, nothing on MS support. Any clues? ========== Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 12/21/2006 8:24 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: System Attendant on 12/21/2006 8:24 AM The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or t...

how do I increase drop list font and box size I created
Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size If the dropdown was created using Data Validation.............Font size is set at 8pt Dropdown box height cannot be changed. For workarounds like using a ComboBox and using Zoom see Debra Dalgleish's site on DV Lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:36:02 -0700, cdietz1 <cdietz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size ...

autocalculate doesn't work even with formula .
I have been using the same worksheet for past 1 year. Last week, when I edit the worksheet by input new data into it, I realise that : 1. The "Total" does not add up the sums of 2 cells automatically, even though the "A1 + B1" formulation is still in the cell. 2. I have auto-link sheet 1 cells into sheet 2 in different layout to suit my final output design. But even I paste the cells in the designated area in sheet 1, my final output does not automatically show the new data I have input into sheet 1. Only way to "show in the final output" correctl...

Create MDI Child inside a thread?
I have attempted this through a CWinThread derived class but have been unable to get the window creation to work correctly. This is what I have so far: BOOL CSecurityFrameThread::InitInstance() { CRuntimeClass *pRT = RUNTIME_CLASS( CSecurityFrame ); CFrameWnd *pFrame = (CFrameWnd *)pRT->CreateObject(); CCreateContext ct; ct.m_pCurrentDoc = NULL; ct.m_pCurrentFrame = (CFrameWnd *)m_pParent; ct.m_pLastView = NULL; ct.m_pNewDocTemplate = NULL; BOOL bSuccess = pFrame->LoadFrame(IDR_TRUSSVIEWER, WS_VISIBLE | WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | WS_CHILD...

Formula
For each cell in column B I want to test if the adjacent cell in column A is > 10 and if it is set the B cell the same as value in the A cell (this bit is easy) and also set a cell in column C with the value "100". However the reference of the column C cell is dependent upon the value (between 1 - 4) in the adjacent cell in column D. For example (I know this isn't possible but it may help to explain the idea), applying the formula in B1: if(A1>10,"20", C(D1)="100"). If A1 was 8 and D1 = 4 then C4 is set to 100 and if D1 was 2 then C2...

Formulas showing in cell???
I keep getting a formula showing in the cell after I edit i (occasionally). Show formulas is turned off and edit in cell is on. How can I make the formula go awaw and simply show the results whic when edited the results shows correctly? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi probably the cell is formated as 'Text' change the cell format to 'General' and re-enter your formula -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I keep getting a formula showing in the cell after I edit it > (occasionally). Show formulas is turned off and edit in cell is on. >...

How do I set up formulas to update graphs dynamically
Hello, I have the following information I need to graph date Feb-08 Mar-08 Apr-08 May-08 Jun-08 Jul-08 burn 116 23 254 inventory 3035 3011 2757 The "date" is the x-axis label and the "burn" and "inventory" are the values on the y-axis. If the values for burn and inventory are blank for a particular date, I don't want the information plotted. As I add values for each date, I would like the graph to be updated automatically. I understand I need to define a named range and use it in the graph, however, I have not been successful in doing this. Also, even t...

Excell Formula
I have a list of over 1000 Product in column A and in column B over 30 Supplies and in column C the price of each product from different Supplies. Each Supplier may offer same product but with different prices ( e.g. Table below ). All the information is in sheet 1. A B C 1 Product 1 Supplier 2 £10.00 2 Product 2 Supplier 1 £8.00 3 Product 3 Supplier 2 £8.00 4 Product 2 Supplier 2 £6.00 5 Product 1 Supplier 3 £11.00 6 Product 3 Supplier 1 £7.00 I have created sheet 2 ( e.g. table below ) I need formula which updates u...

Toolbox wizard to create Command Button
Access 2003 Windows XP Professional I used the Control Wizard on the Toolbox to create a Command Button to close the form. When I try to use it it will not run and returns this error message - The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Expected: list separator or ). * The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro. Any ideas why? I'm at a loss. Check to see if you haven't changed the name ...

Creating an AD account don't make the mailbox in exch2K3
Hi, I don't understand what's happening. When I create a new account in AD, it no longer creates the mailboxes in exchange 2003. It was working a week ago... It asks me if I also want to create a mailbox, I answer YES and ... no mailbox. Please help me, I must create this mailbox quickly since a new employee arrived and my boss doesn't understand why the mail is not set yet. I believe that the mailbox is actually created only after the first message is sent to it or there is a first logon. So if you are looking for it and you do not see it, this may be the cause. Frank &qu...

create price list from excel sheet
I have been using Excel 2003 to manage a list of approximately 200 items. This is a very simple list comprising of four or five fields one of which is the price. I prefer to use Excel to manage this data because it then becomes very simple for me to use formulas in order to calculate prices after changes or additions to the items. I would like to produce a simple A5 flyer listing all the items together with their prices. What will be the best way to do this? I have explored the possibility of exporting the Excel sheet into something like Microsoft publisher but I am looking for a fa...

create a report using vba to select the names for the report
Hi, I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as creating a string with customer names in it. Whats next? sample = Selected_Customer_Names= [ABC], [test], [New], [A New One] ...... and so on. Is this correct for the report and/or how do i open the report with the above only listed? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 03:47:34 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi, >I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as >creating a string with ...

VS2003
Hello, I have a dialog resource and have created CDialog and a CFormView classes for this dialog. If I right-click a control in my dialog I can create a variable for the control, but how do I specify which class the variable belongs to, ie. my CDialog or CFormView class? I don't see how I can tell the add variable class wizard to which class the variable should be added. I'm converting a Dialog based app to a doc-view type app and am experimenting with CFormView, which is why I have CFormView and CDialog classes referencing the same dialog resource. Thanks for any help. -R...

rules created in Outlook 2003
I have a client who uses a lot of rules within Outlook 2003 to sort her mail. She is now getting this error when she attempts to create a new rule: "One or more rules could not be uplodaed to Exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules." Anyone have any ideas on how I can allow her to create more rules? Thanks. Hi, See this, e2k/e2k3 have the rules limit: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;147298&Product=exch2k There"s...

Formula automation
Hi all, I want to create a formula automation so when a user enter a data through the form that I've created, the data will go straight to my Excel database and Excel should automatically calculate them using the formula from the previous row. I have tried to go to "Tools-options-edit-extend formula" and ticked the box but it won't do anything. Does anyone has any idea on how to do this automation thing? Thanks a lot! Rgds, Marcella ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categori...

Wildcards in Excel Formulas
I am working on an Excel spreadsheet and I am tyring to write a formula to read the 4th character of previously entered data For instance, codes entered in column A could be eadSvf1 and eadNvf1. I need a formula to read that 4th character and put a 1 or 2 in column B depending on if the 4th character is an S or an N Hope that made sense and thanks in advance. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ got it, thanks anyway, I ended up using the MID function ...

Overwriting a cell with a formula without deleting the formula
Hello. I am creating an Expense Report worksheet and have created a simple formula that will calculate mileage based on total miles. Below is my worksheet data. A B C D 1 Expense Type Acct. Code Total Miles Amount 2 Airfare 11111 $250.00 3 Mileage 22222 20 $10.00 I am trying to figure out a way to create a conditional formula so that IF Expense...

How to create new record
How can i use code to create a new record into a table. Something like this? CreateNewRecord("John","Smith") I tried to Google it but i can't seem to find the answer. help! thanks On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:34:03 -0500, "Tim McGavin" <nws@gsw-inc.com> wrote: >How can i use code to create a new record into a table. > >Something like this? > >CreateNewRecord("John","Smith") > >I tried to Google it but i can't seem to find the answer. > >help! >thanks > Open a Recordset based on the table and use ...

how do i copy a formula when cell references r not together
in cell reference H5 i have a formula H4*H3, I have copied this formula through to DG5. In cell reference H7 I have a formula H6*H3 which i have also copied through to DG7.I have formulas right down to cell reference H299 (H298*H3) Is there a quick way to repeat the copy bearing in mind the cell references are not together ie H5, H7, H9 and so on. Jon, Copy cells H6:H7, then select H6:H299 and pastespecial formulas. Just make sure your formula is =H6*$H$3 HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "jon104" <jon104@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDAB488A-5CDA-47A2-AD...

Time formula
I'm trying to find a fomula that inserts the time on column b when I enter a text on column a.... ...

How to create a formula?
What do I do to have a result appear automatically in F68 which is the result of F67+C68+E68-D68. Currently I Copy and Paste on F67 & F68. In the cell type =F67+C68+E68-D68 best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Zygy" <zygy@bt.connect.com> wrote in message news:eDXC$INMHHA.5064@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > What do I do to have a result appear automatically in F68 which is the > result of F67+C68+E68-D68. Currently I Copy and Paste on F67 & F68. > As I said I copy and paste the formula already, but how do I...