How to create a chart with two set of data

case 1)
x values and two values in three columns side by side: Select all three
columns of data and make chart

case 2)
x values and one y-value are in neighbouring columns but second y-range is
elsewhere: Select x and first y; hold CTRL; select second y; make chart

case 3)
two sets of x and y values: make chart from first set; select second set and
Copy; activate chart; use Edit | Paste Special | New Series (check the box
for x-values in first column)

Hope this covers it. Please use the white space to ask questions in detail
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kenneth" <Kenneth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Data Series Labels in Area Chart
Hello- I'm trying to create a combination chart; one data series in an area chart, and three in line format. Got the chart created, but the data series labels for the area chart show up in the middle of the area, which looks awkward. Is there anyway to move them closer to the top edge of the area plot? I don't seem to find any options for moving the labels in an area chart. Hi, The data labels for the area series have no options for alignment. Add another line series to the chart based on the area data. This has the options to align data labels. You can format the line seri...

Macro to help update data from protected files
I need help in creating a macro. I have a master file X1 and it connects to 55 other files all password protected. When i open the Master file , it asks the protected fiel to be open to update the data, otherwise it gives error. Can someone help me create a macro which will update the data witout opening the protected fiels one by one. Thanks I don't think you'll find a macro that can do this. But what you could do is create a new workbook that opens each of those 55 other files (supplying the password) and then opens your real workbook. hamad.fatima@gmail.com wrote: > > I ...

Copy Pivot Chart
Does anyone know how to copy a pivot chart and paste only its values? You can copy/paste special/value as you would any other cell values. However, you need to navigate from "edit" on the tool bar. These options are not available for a pivot table via the right click. "TK" wrote: > Does anyone know how to copy a pivot chart and paste only its values? ...

Quick create 08-05-03
When you create a new activity from a user's home page, you have the option to choose the recipient of this activity. When you select the magnifying glass to choose the recipient, the subsequent screen has a button to create a "New" entity. However, when you select this the "Quick Create" screen which comes up does not have any fields to fill out to create the entity. Is anyone else seeing this? Is this functionality not available yet? Thanks! It does work fine for me (I see all of my Business Required and Business Recommended adding a new recipient defined as...

The data in my form is changing after the status is closed
I have a form which is based on a query for invoicing. I have some client who have been invoiced for their service and not their status is closed. If this person returns as a client and I set the new contract year and I go to the invoicing form to invoice for their new serivce the prior year contract year information for the service which has already been closed is no longer there. I want to keep this data as read only, but still be able to add new information. ...

How do I add a data series in a combination chart in PPT 2003?
I have a combination bar/line chart showing gross revenues and passengers by month over a 3-year period. The gross revenues are bars on the primary y-axis and passengers are lines on the secondary y-axis. I am trying to add gross revenues and passengers for CY2010. I am able to add a data series for the passengers, but when I try to add a data series for the gross revenues, the chart treats it as a series on the secondary axis as a line. How do I add the series as a bar on the primary axis, or alternatively, change the series from a line on the secondary axis to a bar on th...

Retrieving Data from a Column / Row to populate a cell
I currently have data supplied to me in an Excel spreadsheet that I to transfer manually I would like this to populate a cell reference, the problem I have is that I cannot gather a train of thought to obtain the data from from a specific row/column. There is a sample of the data supplied to me below Name In Out Int Greg 165 108 29 09 July 2003 42 34 9 14 July 2003 44 19 4 16 July 2003 40 40 8 17 July 2003 39 15 8 Andrew 125 43 9 1...

Filter for Same Value in Two Fields
There are two fields in my query. "From" and "To". For sake of ease, let's say both these fields are US Cities. How can I pull all the records that show shipped "From" Denver and that show shipped "To" Denver? Thank you in advance. You stated: shipped "From" Denver and that show shipped "To" Denver Technically this would mean both values were Denver which might not make much sense if you expected the From and To to be different. Assuming you are viewing your query in design view, you would type "Denver" und...

Creating an "Empty" Cell
I have an IF statement that puts "" in cell based on a certain condition. But when I go to chart that cell (along with adjacent cells), that cell gets charted as a ZERO. I would like it to get charted as an "Empty" cell which would leave a gap in the line graph. I want the gap in the line graph indicating that there was no data for that period. I do NOT want to chart a ZERO. The question is . . . is there anyway in an IF statement to say based on a certain condition, make the cell BLANK or EMPTY (especially if the cell previously had data)? Thanks. Ch...

[2007/ToDo List] Add-in to create sub-tasks?
Hello ince Outlook is basically what everyone uses to sync a BlackBerry with Windows, I'm stuck with using it. However, I need to divide tasks into sub-tasks, and sometimes/often set some start and/or due date to an task. This is what the MS Outlook 2007 ToDo List UI looks like: http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/nexus/outlook2007/images/tasks.png This is what the ToDoList from AbstractSpoon looks like: http://www.shafqatahmed.com/WindowsLiveWriter/MainScreen2.png Do you know of an add-in so that Outlook support this poor-man alternative to MS Project? Thank you. "Gilles Ganault"...

Using a two-dimensional array in Excel 2002 or 2003
I am trying to improve my coding skills in Excel VBA and I just can't seem to find a good, very basic, example of how to use a 2-dimensional array. I've looked in several reference books & browsed VBA Forums but can't find an example I can understand. What I was trying to do was define a 3 x 4 Array that has a data type of Single. My sample data is located in Cells E1:H3. E F G H 1 3.4 8.1 11.6 100.3 2 5.2 7.3 45.2 632.4 3 1.7 9.6 39.7 161.5 I've been trying to use the LBound and UBound functions too, thinkin...

where can I find CWinApp file in a regular dll (not extension) wizard created project
Hi. I created a dll using the regular (not extension) dll wizard in vc++ 6.0. I was wondering where I can find this CWinApp file so I can put initialization code and exit code in it? I don't see it in the file view and of course I am not very experienced with this ide. thanks for probably the obvious. Jeff Kish If it is not an MFC DLL, it probably doesn't have a CWinApp class. Find In Files is a useful tool to know about. Look for DllMain. See what it does on entry. If it doesn't call InitInstance, then you don't have a CWinApp class. joe On Wed, 02 May 2007 1...

Org Charts
I have 5 people that report to the same person and currently they all show on the same row, the owner of the company wants the 3 VPs to show directly underneath him but the remaining two to have their line drop down lower than the 3 VP's. IS there a way to do this? Everytime I try it just makes the box bigger for all of them. Hi, Are you doing this in Excel? Which version? Which tool the Diagram tool or the AutoShapes tools? -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "rgoldberg" wrote: > I have 5 people that report to the same person and currently they all show on > the sam...

formatting or moving a radar chart's axis labels
I am attempting to change the orientation of a radar chart's axis labels. Its orientation seems locked in place immediately to the left of the 360=B0 gridline. I would like the ability to display the axis labels directly over the range rings and along other gridlines, such as 180=B0 or 270=B0. With other charts, the formatting option allows one to select "high", "low", or "next to axis" to change the position of the axis. This maneuver seems to have no affect whatsoever on a radar chart. As a final resort, I suppose I could turn the axis labels off...

On Create Workflow not working
I am trying to add a new workflow rule to our system. All I want to do is send an email when a new order is created, that's it. I have many other, much more complex workflows running just fine. However, it seems I can no longer add an On Create workflow rule. If I change this rule to On Assign, it runs fine. For some reason, any new On create rules are not running, the old On create rules still work. Does anyone know what this could be? Any help is appreciated. This is only affecting the Creation of workflow rules for Orders. Is there a maximum # of rules allowed for each...

difference two date
Anyone pl help me. How calculate difference between two date in the year,month & date. I want to difference year, month & date ( all are calculate). Ex. a1 = {01/12/1950} b1={01/11/1960} result we want b1-a1 = 9 year 1 month 10 days. (These format) Pl Help me. =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Y")&" years "&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Ym")&" months "&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Md")&" days" Regards, KL "RKS" <RKS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B419EA21-0AA8-4F1F-AB90-0BBE52C68B54@microsoft.com... > A...

Multi choice list box and two ALL selection
Hello. I have a pop-up form that has 2 list boxes. I want to do 3 things. On the list boxes, I want to make them multi-choice list boxes. Second, I want to make a selection of "all" for both list boxes. And last, I would like to have the text boxes default to the all selection, if possible, until another selection is made. The list boxes are: CarList EventList They are populated by tables - Automobiles - Car Table and Automobiles - Action Taken Table, respectively. Finally, they run through query called AutomobileSearch. Thanks for the help. To make your list multi-select, ...

Naming a chart object
When charts are created they are named "chart 1", "chart 2", and so on I need to name a chart in order to update it from vba, but when select the chart I cannot click in the name box? Help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi martinu, To rename a chart, hold the shift key down and select the chart. This selects the chart object instead of the chart area. You can then rename as usual. -- Ed Ferrero http://edferrero.m6.net Thanks Ed, so simple when you know how. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Creating users with ADC / Exchange 5.5 #2
I installed the ADC on my DC and created all connection agreements. Now I can go into ADUC and create new users, but I don't see a mailbox being created for a user. Should that happen? If so, how long should it take? I tried sending an email to the user I created and the mailbox isn't found. Also, there are no Exchange tabs for the users name. ...

merged cells and creating charts
I have tried to create a chart with data that is in merged cells where I have put in a formula to calculate the average of 4 cells in the row above. When I create the chart, it recognizes all 4 of the merged cells. So the graph has 4 spaces for the data for each number I am trying to plot. I just got 2007 version and do not recall this problem at all in 2003 version Merged cells are to be avoided at all costs. They can be used for column heading but for little else. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Troubled...

Can we set the UI color scheme via VB[A} or XML?
Does anyone know a way to set the color scheme for the UI, using VB[A} or XML? Can this even be done? Thanks -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc Sorry for not qualifying the Excel version. It's v12 or higher. -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc ...

Chart disappears in Excel 2000 after scale is changed
When the scale of the chart is changed, the chart disappears. The chart and its data are on the same worksheet. ...

Prevent cells with no value from being plotted on chart
I have a chart based on cells that are the result of a calculation. The cells show empty if the data used for the calculation is not yet available (future data). As a result, as my chart shows the whole year, the line drops and remains to zero after the last available set of data. Excel will let me prevent an empty cell of being plotted but since there is a fornmula is the cell, it is not considered empty, and therefore displayed. How can I prevent these cells to be plotted on the chart? Thanks Vince You can use an IF formula with NA(). For example: =IF(B2="",NA(),B...

Adding Lines Onto Charts #2
Hi, Thanks for the reply, Unfortunatley, this technique wont work with the way I have the graph laid out. It wipes out the layout of the bottom axis. Does anyone have any other idea's please? Thanks in advance Darrell... -- q582gmzh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- q582gmzhi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1136 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26950 Hi, You can use an additional data series with error bars to draw the dividers. Using you example workbook put t...

Logarithmic charts
How should the data be entered in a logarithmic chart. I want the log data entries to be on the left and the other data to be displyed on the bottom. My chart will give a logarithmic resistance vs RH. I have tried to list the data by columns left to right first the resistance then thRH for 4 different series. It just doesn,t look right and I cannot change anything easily. Are there any sources for making charts in excel ,especialy Logarithmic ones? Thanks for any help? Hi Ed, In A1:A10 enter your resistance values (the x-values) In B2:B10 enter the RH (meaning?) values (the y-values) Sel...