How to copy formulae down LONG list-other than dragging corner dow

Hi,

The column is very long and to drag down the corner of the cell would take a
little while- Is there a better way?

Thanks for the help
Mike
0
MikeROz (103)

Double click when you see the drag down cross at the bottom right corner of
the cell!

Regards,
Stefi

„MikeR-Oz” ezt írta:

> Hi,
>
> The column is very long and to drag down the corner of the cell would take a
> little while- Is there a better way?
>
> Thanks for the help
> Mike
0
Stefi (275)
3/28/2009 10:13:04 AM
CHeers Stefi- That was way easier than what I have been doing.

Round of applause to you
MIke

"Stefi" wrote:

> Double click when you see the drag down cross at the bottom right corner of
> the cell!
>
> Regards,
> Stefi
>

> „MikeR-Oz” ezt írta:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The column is very long and to drag down the corner of the cell would take a
> > little while- Is there a better way?
> >
> > Thanks for the help
> > Mike
0
MikeROz (103)
3/28/2009 12:33:01 PM
If you have continuous data in an adjacent column simply double-click on the
fill handle.

Or with formula in B1..........in Namebox type  B1:B12000 and ENTER

Now CTRL + d

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 01:06:01 -0700, MikeR-Oz
<MikeROz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>The column is very long and to drag down the corner of the cell would take a
>little while- Is there a better way?
>
>Thanks for the help
>Mike

0
Gord
3/28/2009 4:57:00 PM
You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi

„MikeR-Oz” ezt írta:

> CHeers Stefi- That was way easier than what I have been doing.
>
> Round of applause to you
> MIke
>
> "Stefi" wrote:
>
> > Double click when you see the drag down cross at the bottom right corner of
> > the cell!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Stefi
> >

> > „MikeR-Oz” ezt írta:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The column is very long and to drag down the corner of the cell would take a
> > > little while- Is there a better way?
> > >
> > > Thanks for the help
> > > Mike
0
Stefi (275)

How to copy an existing entity
Hi to all of you! I would like to export an original entity from crm deployment. Then I want to modify it and at the end I want to import the "pure" entity without recplacing my modified one. Is that possible? Thank you in advance Hi: If they have the same name when you import it will replace whatever is on the server with whatever is in the import file. One way to do this would be to export the entity you wan to modify, and then change the XML to reflect a new name, and then import it. However, this could prove tricky and I doubt it would be supported if something breaks....

Newbe needs help with formula...
I need a easy way to count the following cells with numbers less then 10. columns c to h, rows 2 to 20, 30 to 40 & 50 to 60 in each column. The next 5 sheets I need to do the same thing but the rows are different on each sheet. I was going to use =(COUNTIF(c2:c20,"<10"))+(COUNTIF(c30:c40,"<10"))+(COUNTIF(c50:c60,"<10"))+. ... and so on until I have all the rows and columns covered but the formula will get very long. Is there a shorter formula I could use to save from using this very long formula??? Thanks If the dimensions are identical in the...

Formula Questions #2
Trying to calculate this in Excel I have 3 different processes for an order: Filling - 300 parts per hour Packing - 100 parts per hour Shipping - 50 parts per hour If I need to staff for 9,000 parts per day for a 7.5 hour day, how would I calculated my total production for all 3 steps combined per hour remembering that each part must pass all 3 stations? Hi Filling staff =9000/(7.5*300) Packing staff =9000/(7.5*100) Shipping staff =9000/(7.5*50) -- Arvi Laanemets (Don't use my reply address - it's spam-trap) "esi" <haha@funny.com> wrote in message news:#vfqFU...

Using text and formatting sum function in formula
I am attempting to show text in a cell concatenated with the sum function and it works fine. The problem is the result has 10 decimal places in the resulting number. I have tried to use the format function with the sum function without success. Here is the formula I am working with: ="Total is: " & Format(SUM(B96:B104),"0.00") What am I doing wrong? Thank you. Try it like this... ="Total is: "&ROUND(SUM(B96:B104),2) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Billy B" <BillyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...

Structures and linked lists
Hi, I want to do a structure that will be used as a linked list :- typedef struct { HISTORY_DATA *pPrevious ; HISTORY_DATA *pNext ; // + More variables .... } HISTORY_DATA ; Fair enough, this won't compile as it stands but how do I achieve this ? Linked lists are common enough so how do you do it in 'C' (using 'void' pointers and plenty of casting in the code sounds like a nightmare) ? And before anyone asks, yes I'd MUCH rather use a class instead of a struct but in this particular instance I'm not allowed. TTFN, Jon >I want to do a st...

PING distribution list
Hi there, I would like to test the distribution group in Exchange 2003 or 5.5. I would NOT like to send a email to all members of the distribution list, so is there a way just to, sort of, PING the group and then to get pingbacks, successful or unsuccessful, from members for the group. Best regards, IVAN Aloha ivan.bojat@gmail.com, What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Are you somehow unsure that the AD members in your DistGroup are valid? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.ht...

Exchange + Copy email to recipient + postmaster
I haev a client where sometimes users receive an email and the postmaster gets a copy as well. Doesnt seem to matter if its from a list or just a user. Doesnt seem to be any pattern or logics. This happens to more than 1 user They are running exchnage 2000 on a windows 2000 server Thanks Are these messages sent to more than one person, perhaps one of the addressee's has been deleted and the traffic is being NDRd into the postmaster mailbox? >-----Original Message----- >I haev a client where sometimes users receive an email and the postmaster gets a copy as well. Doesnt seem to...

Formula for cross tab data filling

When do I use quotation marks in an Excel formula?
What are the guidelines as to when you do and do not use quotation marks in the criteria section of a function. Quotation marks around a text string; no quotation marks around a number. -- David Biddulph "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B4B846-A4F4-42C3-842A-F3CE7118D4AA@microsoft.com... > What are the guidelines as to when you do and do not use quotation marks > in > the criteria section of a function. It can get confusing in some cases but the GENERAL rule of thumb is: Always quote text Never quote numbers ...

Put "forward copy of email" to hotmail/yahoo for exch users
Hi, We have Exchange 5.5 server. Where in Exchange administrator --> can I find under user properties --> mailbox settings, option to 'Forward a COPY of the email' (NOT forward the entire email)? I need to put a forwarding for few users to their external email ids (yahoo/hotmail etc.) not other exchange email id. Akash Abhardwaj@in.safenet-inc.com On the properties of the user there is a delivery options tab (from memory) and you want to choose the alternative recipient option AND check the box that indicates that both will receive a copy of every message. The alterna...

formulas not working
My formulas are correct and reference the appropriate cells, but when I enter data to the referenced cells the formulas do not calculate a value. This is occuring on several of my spreedsheets. If hitting F9 makes it update, then try the following:- Check Tools / Options / Calculation Tab / Set to Automatic and not Manual -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference -...

Validation List Query
Hi all, I've got a validation list showing a project problem status: New, Resolved, In Progress. These options are a named range 'Status'. Thus I do Data>Validation>Allow:List>Source:=Status No problem there. However, from time to time I need to input a custom status, which could be anything. The problem being that once I have a cell validated it does not allow me to type anything in it. Is there a means that keeps the validation drop down, but also lets me input my own data if, and when, I need to? I could always remove the validation from the individual cells, but h...

Smart List-GPS error 18
Hi, Someone have seen this error before, in smartlist, in open purchase order by vendor ? -- Eric ...

formula or VBA
I need to search through a column checking condtions. If the conditions are met, then I want to enter the corresponding value in the column next to it into a different cell. Basically, I want to search column A and, if the conditions are met, put the value in B into C. Would this be easier via formula or code? And maybe some starting suggestions would be nice if you don't mind. -- Thanks, Jim in a formula in col b =if(cond,a1,"") using vba for each c in range("a1:a100") if cond then c.offset(0,1)=c next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...

how to create a multiple conditional formula
I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two expressions in one formula. I can't find a good solution. Is there anybody who can help me? Thank you in advance. Ad Buijs =B1+B1*IF(A1="K",C10,if(A1="N",C11,0)) "Ad Buijs" wrote: > I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); > IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two > expressions ...

Formula to return non-zero values in a list
I have a list of numbers in a column like so - 2 3 4 1 8 0 0 0 0 What formula would I create to always give me the a SUM of the las couple values before the zero value. The list always ends with a valu other than zero, so in this case, the '8' is the end of the list, and would like to SUM the 3 "last" values, those being 8, 1 and 4. As use this file, the zero values will automatically be updated with ne information, so I need a formula which would constantly reflect thi change -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you don't mind having an extra col...

Question: Cell formula or macro to write result of one cell to another cell
Excel-97 (SR-2) This is a long term problem that I have with Excel. I mostly write worksheet applications that have plenty of user-configurable parameters up front. This is fine for interactive work and what-if scenarios. However many of these turn into situations where I then want to scan through parameters where it would be nice to insert new values into the parameter cells under program control (either via a worksheet cell, or using a macro). There are far simpler cases over and above this that could benefit from this too. So is there an implementation of [G15] = Assign( H15, A15) ...

adjusting formula totals with tab or arror keys
I used to be able to see the "newly" adjusted totals on my spreadsheets after moving to the next line, via the arrow down key or tab key. Now only after saving are the New totals adjusted on the sheet? Why? Perhaps the calc mode was inadvertently changed to "Manual / Recalc before save" ? Click Tools > Options > Calculation tab Ensure that "Automatic" box is checked > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Removing Folders From Folder List
Can you help !! I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP-2 I have reorganized my folders and now have a problem with my folder list. I have removed an old archive folder, and can not now remove this from the folder list. I had problems prior to this with this folder, as outlook would not let me close is. Any help on this would be appreciated ...

Complex formula in ControlSource
A2003 I want a calculated field to count number of unique Addresses (don't count duplicates). In Excel I have a complex formula that works: =Sum(IIf(FREQUENCY(IIf(Len([Address])>0,MATCH([Address],[Address],0),""),IIf(Len([Address])>0,MATCH([Address],[Address],0),""))>0,1)) Are there equivelent functions for Frequency and Match that can be used in the ControlSourcr or from VBA? -Brad Got it--almost. Grouping and sub-grouping is the answer, and there are many posts on this. My problem now is that I cannot get the correct count in the header. I have an Is...

Another Countif Formula
Hi. I want to find the amount of numbers in a given set that are greater than a specific cell. The hard part is, the range depends on a list of dates in another column. I have from a1:a200 a descending list of dates, starting from today. I want a function that has the range start today (that's easy) and ends when the date hits March 1st (for example). Then the formula would apply that range to the column with the numbers. The reason the dates are not fixed is because the data is automatically updated from the internet so March 1st (for example) is always one cell lower. Example: ...

Help with Formulas
I need help with creating a formula. I want to count the total number of individuals who meet a certain criteria in one column and a certain criteria in another column. For example: I want to find out the total number of people who live in Germany and went on a specific trip. For argument sake let's say column A is at lists only Y or N for yes and no, and column B is a list of Countries such as Germany, America, etc. I would like to figure out the total number of individuals who have a Y in column A and the word Germany in column B. This is what I have done so far and it works for co...

Nested If Formula
I have a spreadsheet of possible hiring canidates that may or may not go through 5 stages of the hiring process which are listed below. I need to know for instance if a candidate made it through some stages or all stages of the hiring process. Under the column headings (Attded Career Session, Test Score, Chosen 4 1st interview, Chosen 4 2nd Interview, Hired) the data will be listed but Im not sure how to say Canidate 1 made it through all but the Chosen 2nd Intereview. Canidate Attded Career Session, Test Score, Chosen1st interview, Chosen2nd Interview, Hired 1 2 3 Any he...