How to calculate age from today's date?

Using =TODAY() in O1 cell, how do I calculate ages based on birthdates? Thank
you.
0
MomTypes (3)

One way:

    =DATEDIF(A1,O1,"y")

for birthdate in A1.

In article <B9AF1B03-3D29-4B2D-819C-C8457EAFD96A@microsoft.com>,
 Mom Types <MomTypes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Using =TODAY() in O1 cell, how do I calculate ages based on birthdates? Thank
> you.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
2/21/2007 6:47:53 PM
in any cell gives age so in this formula change a13 to your own cell
reference to your cell reference and you done.

=TEXT(IF(OR(MONTH(TODAY())>MONTH(A13),AND(MONTH(TODAY())=MONTH(A13),DAY(TODAY())>=DAY(A13))),(TODAY()-A13)/365.25,(TODAY()-A13)/365.25),"0")

"Mom Types" wrote:

> Using =TODAY() in O1 cell, how do I calculate ages based on birthdates? Thank
> you.
0
Mike1154 (1216)
2/21/2007 6:48:38 PM
Sorry here's a nicer one. Once again change A1 to your own cell reference

=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"Y") & " Years, " & DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"YM") & " Months,
" & DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"MD") & " Days"

"Mom Types" wrote:

> Using =TODAY() in O1 cell, how do I calculate ages based on birthdates? Thank
> you.
0
Mike1154 (1216)
2/21/2007 6:50:57 PM
Mom, use datedif, have a look here for details

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm#Age
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Mom Types" <MomTypes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using =TODAY() in O1 cell, how do I calculate ages based on birthdates?
> Thank
> you.

This one works the best for me; I have a list of clients/birthdates and this
formula worked the best in a Fill. Thanks for your help.

"Mike" wrote:

> Sorry here's a nicer one. Once again change A1 to your own cell reference
>
> =DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"Y") & " Years, " & DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"YM") & " Months,
> " & DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"MD") & " Days"
>
> "Mom Types" wrote:
>
> > Using =TODAY() in O1 cell, how do I calculate ages based on birthdates? Thank
> > you.
0
MomTypes (3)
2/21/2007 7:30:00 PM
Thank you to all for your help. All the formulas worked very well!
0
MomTypes (3)

iFrame and dates
Hi Guys, I'm trying to fill in a crmForm that has a date type field, from an iFrame. In the codebehind of the iFrame's aspx I'm using "parent.crmForm.all.<fieldname>.value=data where data is a CrmDateTime value, but the field does not appear. Please help, Thanks, Paulo Fonseca ...

How can I add the current date to the Inventory Received Report?
I'm trying to add the current date to the Inventory Received Report that you can print out when you receive in a purchase order. The specific file I'm working on is "PORcv.xml". I'm able to edit text in the report, but I don't know how to capture the system date and get it to print out on the report. Is there a way to do this? TIA mbehm@hutchtel.net Does anybody have any suggestions for me? "Mike B." wrote: > I'm trying to add the current date to the Inventory Received Report that you > can print out when you receive in a purchase orde...

Date Time Stamp Formula
Hello, I am trying to create a formula that will insert the date and time into a new cell only when another cell is "0". In other words, if the specific cell hits 0, then the current date and time when the cell hits 0 is recorded in the other cell. If the cell is anything except 0, then the other cell is blank or says "not finished". I tried the if and now formulas to no avail and my macro is returning a VALUE error, so I'm completely lost. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Katie Katie, It is a lot simpler with VBA This tests A1 and puts the date and t...

Problem with Excel: Simple multiplying calculations don't work.
When I apply simple mulitiplication formulas to a spreadsheet, the formula always returns "0" as an answer. If i select the formula field and hit enter, it then returns the correct result. I have all the updates. It doesn't seem to happen when I create a new worksheet, only when I'm doing it in someone elses spreadsheet. There is no protection applied. -Dave Hi Dave, Can you give examples? Formulas, values, etc. Is automatic calculation turned off? Tools>Options>Calculation tab -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "dforty3" <dforty...

I type a date (1/05) in a cell, press enter, it reads ####.Why?
I'm entering data inMicrosoft Excel and am fairly new to Excel. I'm entering dates in cells in a worksheet and typred in a date and pressed enter and all it will do is read #####. Why does it do this and how do I get the computer to recognise the actual numbers of the date I entered? erg Probably the cell is not wide enough. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "KIWI" <KIWI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1F07478-F035-4DDF-8F77-5FC5A070155F@microsoft.com... | I'm entering data inMicrosoft Excel and am fairly new to Excel. I...

How to have a date range equal a particular month
What is the expression for converting multiple dates mm/dd/yyyy to the coinsiding month? It is according to how you are going to use the data but try this -- Format([YourField], "yyyymm") This will give you 200711 for this month. Format([YourField], "mmmm yyyy") This will give you November 2007 for this month. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "tvillare" wrote: > What is the expression for converting multiple dates mm/dd/yyyy to the > coinsiding month? Format(DateField, "yyyy-mm") as stri...

Creating a calculated field using dates in a form
I am trying to use dates from 2 fields in a form (HireDate-DOB) to calculate age. Then, using the age, I want to display a message if the age is less than 18. I think I have written a conditional statement correctly, but am unsure where to place it so that the message displays when the condition is met. I am totally new to Access 2007 and VB. You did not say what the content of your 'conditional statement' was and how you plan on using it. What has HireDate to do with it? Is it you want to see if their age is less than 18 on the date of hiring? Then this will c...

Count cells in a column that contain dates
Column J contains dates in some cells, and text in others. I need to count the number of cells in this one column that contains dates. How can I do this? If the only cells that are in that column that are numeric (like dates), you can use: =count(a:a) (Dates are just numbers formatted nicely in excel.) Cachod1 wrote: > > Column J contains dates in some cells, and text in others. I need to count > the number of cells in this one column that contains dates. How can I do > this? -- Dave Peterson ...

[Entourage 2004] Show me the date!
Hi, How can I force Entourage 2004 (SP2) to sort mails by received and at the same time show me the receive date instead of weekday and time? It doesn't work to disable 'Use relative dates in lists (Today, Yesterday)' in General Preferences > General. It still shows me weekday and time instead of the date. -- Regards Madsen Under the "View" menu, set "Preview Pane" to "Below List" or "None". If the Preview Pane is set so that it is "On Right", the message list will always use relative dates. I agree that it is an unfo...

Redisplay the Outlook Today Bar?
How do you redisplay the Outlook Today Bar in Outook XP once it has been has been removed? Don J View, Outlook Bar? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange util...

help fixing a calculation problem
i have an big file that takes a while to calculate. I keep my calculation set on manual. a few times a day I create a csv. file out of a database and open it in excel and the file starts to calc and I end up having to wait it out. Anyone have an idea on how to prevent that from happening? -- barrfly Excel User - Energy markets ------------------------------------------------------------------------ barrfly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4141 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482195 Try this .. Before yo...

Time calculation with now()
I am trying to create a train schedule that compares the departing time of the train with the system time. I've tried subtracting the column containing the time a train departs from the now() column (which I thought read the system time) from but the times I receive do not make sense. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ time is part of a day so try =(a1-b1)*24 "dfeder" <dfeder.u9...

occurences calculation HEeeelllpp?
Hiya peeps. Ok this is part of what my spreadsheet does. It calculates how many times someone is off sick which is simple wit the countif statement looking for the letter "S". Now, what I'm now trying to do is calculate over a month, how man occurences of sick they had. e.g I have say fred in my list and this is his last 10 days attendanc record. So stating at C1 (A1, B1 have other stuff in them like name and rank) sick |present |present|holiday|sick|sick|present|present|sick|sick So here, he has had 5 days sick. But only 3 occurences (more than sick day in a row is clas...

store the results of a form calculation in a table field
I have read the replies to other similar queries and understand the 'whys' of not storing calculated data. I may be too narrow in my thinking, but can't see any other way of achieving what I need: I am storing geographical (Latitude and Longitude) coordinate data, in the format Degrees, Minutes, Seconds (DMS) with each in its own field. Later in the process I am converting from DMS to decimal using a calculated field in a form. All good so far. For data integrity purposes, I need to be able to prove that each entry is absolutely unique. What I was trying to do to achiev...

Time without date
I'd like the current system time displayed in a cell when I press 'enter' Only command I know is =NOW() which displays the date and time in a cell. How do you display only the time? AM PM Doesn't matter. I've tried looking it up in help but can't but can't seem to find the answer to my question. TIA =Mod(NOW(),1) and format as hh:mm:ss -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mickey Mouse" <.> wrote in message news:428af6f8$0$5178$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > I'd like the current system time displayed in a cell when I press 'enter' &...

XP CALCULATOR
how can i stop xp calculator multiple starts? You're in the wrong community. This community is for Microsoft Dynamics GP, an accounting system. You should be posting your question in a Windows XP community. -- Charles Allen, MVP "johnb" wrote: > how can i stop xp calculator multiple starts? ...

Date input mask
I have a form that has several date input mask: 99/99/0000;0;_ . I have them auto tab to the next field. Lately after putting in all my data I copy and paste into an excel spread sheet. Then I find out that some of the dates have 208 instead of 2008. I don't know how this can happen since I have to put in 4 digits in the year. I did do some testing and once in one of the fields it did put in 208 in the year part of the year. I think I put in 01/25/2008. If I try to only put in 3 digits I get an error message and it won't let me go on. Any idea? I didn't have this pr...

vacation available not calculating
I have an employee setup with set hours of vacation accrual per pay period. This accrual is setup using payroll. The accrual calculates fine. The employee is setup as a hourly employee, the problem is when I pay the employee vacation time the vacation available does not subtract the hours. The vacation time is setup correctly as vacation type based on hourly. I know it recognizes it as a vacation type, because if try to pay more vacation hours then available I do get a message that available hours are not being sufficient. I am not sure why the available balance is not reduced by the amo...

Entering Todays date in an excel spreadseet
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C56708.1CBA5520 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a need to automatically save the current date to a cell in an = excel spreadsheet every time the sheet is saved. Today() always returns the current date, so once I open the sheet on a = new day I can no longer see the date the information was last updated, = i.e. saved. Any help would be appreciated. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C56708.1CBA5520 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1&q...

date formatting 03-22-10
I have an excel sheet which has a date in yyyy/mm/dd format saved on the internal network. other users who open the file do not see this date as the same format as the saved file. could anyone provide as to why this is happening and what can be done to correct it. thanks vandy Sounds like you have not specifically formatted the cell as yyyy/mm/dd. When you don't specifically format a date cell, Excel will look at your Windows default setting and use that, so you will see a date as yyyy/mm/dd and someone else will see it as mm/dd/yy depending on their windows setting. T...

Customize Outlook Today #25
Wnen I click on Customize Outlook Today, nothing happens. I have reinstalled Microsoft Office 2000, but it did not correct the problem. I'm experiencing the same problem. >-----Original Message----- >Wnen I click on Customize Outlook Today, nothing happens. >I have reinstalled Microsoft Office 2000, but it did not >correct the problem. >. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820...

Calculating a value that is not a number
I have a field with a list box for each record. The Row Source Type in properties is Value List and the Row Source List is "Yes", "No", and "N/A". I need to count how many "No" there are in one unbound text box and divide it into the total count of the field answers to get a percentage of what the "No" answer is. -- dreeves ...

Print order by Date
At the moment this code prints in order of the latest tblRemarks.dtDate, if there is no date can the print order by tblRemarks.Category (Asending)...Thanks for any help...Bob SELECT tblRemarks.dtDate, funGetHorse(0,tblHorseInfo.HorseID,false) AS HorseName1, tblRemarks.Category, tblRemarks.Remark FROM tblRemarks , tblHorseInfo,qryCategory where tblRemarks.HorseID=tblHorseInfo.HorseID and qryCategory.HorseID = tblHorseInfo.HorseID and qryCategory.dtdate1 = tblRemarks.dtDateORDER BY tblRemarks.dtDate DESC; Oops sorry here is the Private Sub Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) ...

converting a 7-digit julian date to a calendar date
I need to convert a 7-digiti julian date to a calendar date. For example, my cell reads 2004029 but I need to convert it to read 01/29/2004. Thanks. First of all that is not what is referred to as a Julian date by astronomers nor [as misused] by programmers. =DATE(left(A1,4), mid(A1,5,2), right(a1,2)) I have a page on Date and Time http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm as does Chip Pearson http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm I'm sure many others have pages on at least some aspect of date and/or time as well. HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Exc...

Fixing the date.
I have a weekly production sheet and want it to put the date in automatically when i enter the production info. So on the first day it would put the date in, and on the next day it would put that date in. Its so i can put the week day in to calculate weekly production. Is this possible or am i just been lazy. Any help would be much apprecieated. cheers Ian -- cs2883 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cs2883's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27888 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.p...