How make range of Hyperlinks?

I see how to make a single cell into a Hyperlink but what if we want to have
all email and web addresses in a spreadsheet turn into hyperlinks?  Is there
an easy way to turn this on and off?

0
albert3569 (90)

Hi
for making hyperlinks in your selected range have a look at the
following macro:
  Sub MakeHyperlinks()
  Dim cell As Range
  For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _
            Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues))
     With Worksheets(1)
       .Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=cell, _
        Address:=cell.Value, _
        ScreenTip:=cell.Value, _
        TextToDisplay:=cell.Value
      End With
  Next cell
End Sub

To remove them you may use
    Sub DelHyperLinks()
       Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete
    End Sub

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Al Franz wrote:
> I see how to make a single cell into a Hyperlink but what if we want
> to have all email and web addresses in a spreadsheet turn into
> hyperlinks?  Is there an easy way to turn this on and off?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Sending an entire worksheet via a hyperlink / button
I have a worksheet with many drop down menus, etc, and i want people to be able to fill it in, and then send it on ..... but you know how lazy people are .... if they have to save it, then send it, they will gripe about it! Is there a way to just have a hyperlink style button on the sheet that once the guys have filled it out, it just sends the sheet to me? Thanks, Jim Suggest looking at Ron de Bruin's website http://www.rondebruin.nl/ -- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org...

H E L P * * * Need help with question about protecting a range of cell in workbook
I need to know how to protect a range of cell/s in a workbook ...

Unbound OLE frame sourced to Excel range
I am trying to use an Excel file as a template for an Access report. To do this I have linked the excel file through an unbound OLE frame. The OLE frame is placed over the report detail area and data controls are placed over this at locations such that it fills the template form behind it. The properties of the frame related to the Excel area as, Source Doc : C:\sajit\test.xls Source Item : test1 where test1 is the range name in the Excel sheet. I also have other sheets which are used as templates for other reports. When I preview the report, Access picks the wrong template, even th...

Changing default browser
Hello, I'm wondering how to change the default browser so when I click on hyperlinks in Word, Excel, and OneNote they automatically open in Firefox. Is there a way to do this? Currently they all open in IE, which I have on my computer but don't prefer to use. Thanks very much! This would be a question for a Firefox forum, as Office settings have nothing to do with the default browser. However, since I have Firefox.... On the menu, choose: Tools Options Advanced Check "Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup" Also click "...

How to make a workflow wait until the next 600AM, or the next Mond
Has anyone figured out houw to make a work flow wait untill a specific time of day, regardless of the date? ie: I want to send an email out at 6AM, but I don't care what date, just the next time it's 6AM. As a follow up, how about waiting till Monday if its during a weekend. -- Thanks, Steve Noe, MCBMSP(2xCRM), MCT(CRM), MCTS-SQL www.bizitpro.com On Feb 14, 10:48=A0am, Steve Noe <Steve...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone figured out houw to make a work flow wait untill a specific ti= me > of day, regardless of the date? ie: I want to send an email out a...

how to make cell content to flash
I need content (text) of the cell to flash under certain conditions. I know how to do it in Word, can't find it in Excel. Sorry, Woytek - Excel does not support Animated Text. Regards |:<( "Woytek" wrote: > I need content (text) of the cell to flash under certain conditions. > I know how to do it in Word, can't find it in Excel. It can be done using VBA code but its a really bad idea.It produces jerky unpredictable flashing and while its running nothing at all else can be done until its stopped. Its nothing like the built in function in Word. My advice is to ...

unwanted hyperlinks
at work a shared excel file frequently opens with unwanted hyperlinks to shared folders. no hyperlinks were ever created in this file, and no hyperlinks ever pointed to this file. hyperlinks in excel have been used in the past on a computer that accesses the file, but was unrelated. the hyperlinks are not active, and we have to remove each one manually which is quite exhausting. any help would be appreciated. thanks, chris ...

making your own menus on excel?
Is it possible? I'd like to make one where you can open up various submenus, and eventually select an option that has a macro attached....(like eg the 'all programs' menu that branches off the 'start' option on windows. SURELY that's possible! Cheers, Tom -- TAL27 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TAL27's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30145 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498749 Here is an example Option Explicit 'If you put code in th...

Trying to make a duplicate roster with a button.
Previously posted in wrong forum. 'HERE' (http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=265167) Thanks for the help guy -- virte ----------------------------------------------------------------------- virtex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26517 ...

Dynamic Date Ranges
One one sheet I have a time series of data sorted by month. How do I go about (on a different sheet) using some sort of dropdown box (either through data validation or a combo box), so that the user can select a beginning date and end date, and the spreadsheet will display only the information in that time period. The number of columns would have to dynamically adjust I believe. Thanks! -- jc94321 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jc94321's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27258 View this thread: http://ww...

VBA to Open Hyperlink(Concatenate)
Hello All, I've found useful VBA on this forum for activating my Hyperlink in cell A1 of my Excel spreadsheet : ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Hyperlinks(1).Follow My Hyperlink in Cell A1 is made up of a Concatenate using cells from different worksheets. Such as below : =HYPERLINK((CONCATENATE(HoldPoints!$A$1,HoldPoints!A2),A3) If I click on it, it opens fine, however, if I try to open it with the vba code above, I get an error message "Subscript out of range". I've tried different combinations. It always works by clicking, but not by the vba code. However - If i...

How to make a Sales Process Die?
We had a sales process set up, and then decided it was not what we wanted. I deactivated it, and deleted it in workflow manager. Unfortunately, the opportunities set up under this process cannot be dissassociated form the Sales process, and there doesn't seem to be any way to purge the Sales process from these records. It also causes some strange results on the Opportunity by sales stage reports. Anyone know how to purge a Sales process Completely from the system?? Thanks Only way around this would be to recreate the opportunities. I do not know what affect deleting the sa...

subtracting ranges
In cell p94, I tried the formula =sum(d94:e94)-sum(f94:o94) and it does not give me an answer in p94; can anyone help? Probably you have text numbers in the 2 ranges, that's why Try a: +0 (add a zero) to coerce it to real numbers In P94, array-enter, ie press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to confirm the formula: =SUM(D94:E94+0)-SUM(F94:O94+0) Success? hit the yes below -- Max Singapore --- "blnprescott" wrote: > In cell p94, I tried the formula =sum(d94:e94)-sum(f94:o94) and it does not > give me an answer in p94; can anyone help? Probably what Max said. You can see...

how do I specify a date range = date(2010,4,1 thru 30)
I am trying to use a header in a formula. In A1 I have the month and year (April 2010). I want to bring in a calculation result from a second page (Daily Log) So I want to know how many guest in the month of April visited. But it has to look up April from the year list. I guess this is what I am trying to accomplish Lookup (A1) April (1-30) 2010 from April Stats sheet on Daily log sheet (A column) add guests logged in (D Column) and result to April Stats B5 I record numbers daily and want to have the totals from one page brought to another page, but need the data to be found...

How do I make multi column stacked graphs in Excel
-- Ed Hi, See the links on Jon's page for Cluster Stacked charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Ed B wrote: ...

lock code in excel EX(hyperlinks)
I HAVE MADE A SMALL PROGRAM AN NEED TO LOCK ALL CODED LINKS AND BE ABLE TO CLEAR PAGE THANKS FROM IAN ...

Make outlook default mail client
How do I make sure the Outlook is my default mail client? I'm using Outlook 2000 SR-1 Thanks, Brendan -- Disclaimer: Any comments made are personal and do not reflect the thoughts or policies of this company. Control Panel - Internet Options - Programs - pick Outlook. Brendan MAther wrote: > How do I make sure the Outlook is my default mail client? I'm using > Outlook 2000 SR-1 > > Thanks, > Brendan thankyou "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in message news:#D14B8OwDHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP...

Hyperlinks to network files
Whenever I save a Hyperlink to a network shared file, the hyperlink adds C:\Documents and Settings\localuser\...rest of network drive file info. Whenever anyone opens the hyperlink file, they cannot open the file because of the poniting to my local drive. I've tried changing the address area several times by eliminating the local information and putting in the \\servername\ trying to force the correct name into the hyperlink but it still saves the local information. ...

making forms in word
I want to create an application in Word that can be sent to others wherein they can type their answers on the lines provided. Do I make a template? or data entry form? I've not done this type of project before so I need clear direction Thanks Shari H wrote: > I want to create an application in Word that can be sent to others > wherein they can type their answers on the lines provided. Do I make > a template? or data entry form? I've not done this type of project > before so I need clear direction Thanks See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesI...

Graceful Method Of Making Single Record Non-Editable?
I've got a continuous list subform. One of the rows is identified by !IsBuyDependent=True. I want this row, but none of the others tb non-editable. My best shot so far is: -------------------------------------- Private Sub txtResetDate_Enter() With Me If .txtIsBuyDependent = True Then Beep .txtDummy.SetFocus End If End With End Sub ------------------------------------- Where .txtDummy is an unbound field with .BackStyle and .BorderStyle = Transparent; ..TabStop=False - sitting over top of a percent label on the same line. Screen snap at http://tinyurl.com/37m...

Hyperlinks to page numbers in cross references
When using Word 2003, I inseted a crossreference to the page number of a heading. I then inserted a page brea before the heading. I used F9 to update the page number which was fine, but then using Ctrl + click it took me to the old page rather than the new one. Am I doing something stupid? If you inserted a manual page break at the beginning of the heading, the hidden bookmark that Word uses for the cross-reference has expanded to include the break (and possibly also other contents, such as text). The quickest fix is to delete and then recreate the cross-reference. In the future...

Range Vlookup
Hi Every One, I hope you all are doing well, I required your help to resolve my issue in excel. On single worksheet i have two different sheet name as 1.IP Range 2. Result. Question: EG:IP Range Start IP End IP Area 192.168.1.4 195.182.254.254 AG 10.15.33.10 10.18.56.254 EMEA 10.128.33.5 10.132.40.60 AP Here it will Continued as well. On Result sheet i required result like: IP Area 192.170.30.30 AG 194.168.10.20 AG 10.131.37.20 EMEA 10.170.255.255 NA 10.129.36.8 ...

Naming range
Does anyone know how to name a range, so that I can export from excel into outlook? Several ways, easiest being to highlight it and put a name in the name box (to the left of the formula box) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kimmie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2953201c465ce$2542ce20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to name a range, so that I can > export from excel into outlook? try range(mynamedrange).select -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "BerHav" <BerHav@discussions.micr...

Duplicate named ranges
Is it possible to have duplicate named ranges in a workbook? I am using Excel 2000 on a Windows 2000 system. I can acheive creating a duplicate named range in a workbook by doing a copy sheet into the same workbook but I am unable to create multiple named ranges in the ame workbook by other means. When I try to define the named ranges I get directed to the last copy defined. Is there a way around this? TIA George George, You can have workbook names that apply to the whole workbook, and worksheet names that only apply to that sheet and can be replicated on each sheet. To create the lat...

Problem making versions of a table by changing sourse data in another workbook
Hello How to make a version of a table by changing source data in another workbook and retain original version of the table easily? I lose the original version of the table if I change the source data in the other workbook even if I make a copy of the original table workbook. I have to recreate all links if I make copies of the original table workbook and the source workbook. Hi! Have you tried making a "snapshot" of the worksheet? (Converting the formulae into their values - fixed forever - using copy/paste special values) Just don't do it unless you have a secure copy ...