how do you keep a column in date form

i'm making a spreedsheet in office excel, in column A I have a list of dates.
I would type in 4/5 for an date and excel would automatic change the date to
4-Apr. I like this way, but when I got to cell 26, the change will not
happen. I type in 4/5 and I get just the number 1 in the cell, for the rest
of the cells down, can someone help me.
0
s2m2 (2)

Copy the cell that has the format you like and paste format it to the cells
that you want to have the date format.

"s2m2" <s2m2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i'm making a spreedsheet in office excel, in column A I have a list of
dates.
> I would type in 4/5 for an date and excel would automatic change the date
> 4-Apr. I like this way, but when I got to cell 26, the change will not
> happen. I type in 4/5 and I get just the number 1 in the cell, for the
rest
> of the cells down, can someone help me.

0
jeffstv (21)
11/10/2005 7:55:33 AM
the cell's that change from 4/5 to 5-Apr all have date's in them, if I copy
one of the current cells and paste it to the whole column, all the cells have
the same date. I tried clearing the cell and than paste to the whole column,
but still only would get a number 1 in the cell. I'm I missing what your
trying to tell me, this is my first time using office excel 2003

"Jeff Stevens" wrote:

> Copy the cell that has the format you like and paste format it to the cells
> that you want to have the date format.
>

> "s2m2" <s2m2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > i'm making a spreedsheet in office excel, in column A I have a list of
> dates.
> > I would type in 4/5 for an date and excel would automatic change the date
> > 4-Apr. I like this way, but when I got to cell 26, the change will not
> > happen. I type in 4/5 and I get just the number 1 in the cell, for the
> rest
> > of the cells down, can someone help me.

0
s2m2 (2)
11/10/2005 12:40:06 PM
You need to select paste special (from the Edit menu) and then select
formats.  that way the format will change, but the data will remain the
same.

> the cell's that change from 4/5 to 5-Apr all have date's in them, if I
copy
> one of the current cells and paste it to the whole column, all the cells
have
> the same date. I tried clearing the cell and than paste to the whole
column,
> but still only would get a number 1 in the cell. I'm I missing what your
> trying to tell me, this is my first time using office excel 2003
>
> "Jeff Stevens" wrote:
>
> > Copy the cell that has the format you like and paste format it to the
cells
> > that you want to have the date format.
> >

> > "s2m2" <s2m2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > i'm making a spreedsheet in office excel, in column A I have a list of
> > dates.
> > > I would type in 4/5 for an date and excel would automatic change the
date
> > > 4-Apr. I like this way, but when I got to cell 26, the change will not
> > > happen. I type in 4/5 and I get just the number 1 in the cell, for the
> > rest
> > > of the cells down, can someone help me.

0
jeffstv (21)

Tracking Dates For Future Occurrences
Can this be done? I want to track a yearly review. I would like the date, once entered - say 6/1/2009, to conditionally format to change yellow 30 days before, then red 15 days before, and then to stay red until the date is updated again for say 6/1/2010. Can this be done? I am new to all this, thanks.. In 2007 Also.. "Knee2no" wrote: > Can this be done? I want to track a yearly review. I would like the date, > once entered - say 6/1/2009, to conditionally format to change yellow 30 days > before, then red 15 days before, and then to stay red until the date is...

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

parsing a date and time field #2

Get drive letter for old slave hard drive while keeping data
Hello, My master hard disk has failed and I have successfully replaced it with a new one and reinstalled windows XP etc. Before the crash I had a second slave drive with some data I would like to keep on it. When I connect this drive, it shows up in disk management, but does not get assigned a drive letter. How can I get windows to assign a drive letter to the drive without formatting it and losing all of my data? Both drives are IDE drives, the master is jumpered to cable select and is on the master cable, the slave seems to have lost its jumper, or never had one, but sh...

Hiding empty rows and columns
Does anyone know the code for hiding all blank rows and columns in a worksheet. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following (adapted from: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows) Public Sub HideBlankRows() Dim R As Long Dim C As Range Dim Rng As Range On Error GoTo EndMacro Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual If Selection.Rows.Count > 1 Then Set Rng = Selection Else Set Rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows End If For R = Rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1 If Application.WorksheetFuncti...

Transformation of data into columns

Filling Web Form
Dear freinds Hello, I have written code in vc++ using MFC to fill the Webform using HTTP post method and I'm able to fill the form but I'm facing a problem that I'm unable to fill login name and password. So any one amongst you have any Idea or help then please help me With Regards Sachin ...

Sumproduct with multiple date criteria
Having a tough time with this one. Sheet 1 Column A = Start Date, Column B = End Date, Column C = Quantity. Sheet 2 Row A = Start Date, Row B = End Date. I would like Row C to sum quantity from sheet 1 where ever the two date ranges intersect. The date ranges on sheet 2 represent the beginning and ending of a week (Mon-Sun). Sheet 1 Column A Column B Column C 01JAN2010 24JAN2010 1,000 Sheet 2 Row A 04JAN2010 11JAN2010 18JAN2010 25JAN2010 Row B 10JAN2010 17JAN2010 24JAN2010 31JAN2010 Row c 1,000 1,000 1,000 0 Do the Sheet 2 Star...

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

Outlook...screen saver keeps kicking on during active sessions
My screen saver keeps turning on when using Outlook. I can be in the middle of typing a email and it will constantly go to the screen saver picture. I have the screen saver set to activate after 15 minutes of inactivity. Why does this do this??? Are there other places to adjust?? ...

Converting date from an external source
I am having an issued with converting a date from external data source. the data has the timestamp in the general date form mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00. I want to convert the date to mm/dd/yyyy format so when i run a query for a single day it will return the data for that date, I can currently return the data but i have to set the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00 format, i want to simply return the data by setting the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy format Don't confuse how data is stored with how it is presented. As long as you import the date into a field defined as a Date data type, you...

Is there a way to sort a column without invoking a macro?
I am trying to get a feel for some probabilistic properties. For example, I am trying to look at the statistics of the intervals between randomly occurring pulses. I have no problem getting a column of uniformly distributed pulse times, but they are unsorted, Every time I recalculate with cmd-=, I get a new unsorted set of pulse times because of the use of the RAND function. Is there a way of taking this unsorted column and pasting it into another colun that would be sorted without invoking a macro? To simplify and be more specific consider the following. 1. In A1:A100 I have a set...

MS Access 2007, Forms
When using the "Forms Wizard", I need to use the "Style: Ricepaper", but it isn't available in the 2007 version and I have not been successful trying to find it in Office Online or on the web. Does anyone know where I can get it? Access 2007 has 25 AutoFormats, but as you noticed, they are virtually all new ones. It's actually nice to see that these were updated. To get the older Ricepaper style you could probably create a form in an earlier version of Access and then import it into your current database. If you're using the ACCDB file format, you would...

Where can I get a good holiday booking form for my golf business?
I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del Sol. One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbers, flight enquiries and car hire enquiries. Any help would be much appreciated on a tight budget. Thanks Dave Wrong forum. Try templates or doing it yourself. :-) -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Dave" wrote: > I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del > Sol. > One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbe...

unique with 2 columns

Column and Line Chart
I am making a Custon Chart using the First -Column and Line Chart. When I setup the chart it makes the last column a point instead of a column. When I go in to change the type of Chart it makes the bar much bigger than the others. I know you can go into Format and decrease/increase width- but I can't believe there is a not a way to tell excel to make this a column on setup so they are all uniformly spaced. How does Excel decide whether it is a point on a line or a bar? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi Nikki - Excel simply splits the number of series between the lines and columns. If you wa...

Macro help with saving a spreadsheet with date and time in it
Can someone help me with some code that would save a file name as "schedule-mm-dd-yyyy-hh:mm"? Thanks, Alan Alan, how about something like this Sub Save_As() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="Schedule " & Format(Now, "mm-dd-yyyy-hh-mm") & ".xls", FileFormat:= _ xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _ , CreateBackup:=False End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Fee...

Date/Time Show When Changes Made
Hi, When changes are made in a table or form, I want the date and time to appear showing me when changes were made in any of the fields. How can it work? MTIA. It's not possible if you're working directly with tables. Using foms, you have to put code into the form's BeforeUpdate event to update the row's LastChanged field (which, of course, you have to add to the table yourself) You might find what Allen Browne has at http://www.allenbrowne.com/AppAudit.html to be useful. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Beame...

Clusted stacked column chart
I'm posting this (after banging my head against a brick wall for several hours) in case anyone else should run into the following, and I would be very interested to know if anyone knows of potential reasons for the problem. I made use of Jon Peltier's technique for creating a clustered-stacked column chart (http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked- column-charts/). This worked fine the first time I used it. However, thereafter at the step: "The month names are not centered correctly under the clustered columns. Format the scale of the secondary category axis (B throug...

how2 create identity column on contact form
how to use identity contact_id column on sql contactbase table, because i want to, auto increment id field with contactid The ContactId field is defined as a uniqueidetifier (ie. GUID). When you create records via the SDK calls, this value will be assigned for you automatically. I would not recommend going directly against the tables to create records. "tashtan" <mehmettastan@gmx.net> wrote in message news:e44cBjtoDHA.2868@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... how to use identity contact_id column on sql contactbase table, because i want to, auto increment id field with contactid ...

Way to Retrieving data with date parameter
Hi folks, I hope that someone can help me with the following problem. I would like to have an access report with a date parameter that allows me to retrieve data from an access table. I've tried to add the following date parameter in a query "Between [type beginning date] And [Type Ending Date]" My problem is that whatever dates I put into the date parameter, I always have the same data. It seems that the parameter doesn't recognize the data that must be retrieved from my access table. Can somebody help me please. Thanking you all, Fred's Thank you Gerry, this have s...