How do you change the data type of a cell using VBA?

For instance, with VBA I am trying to place "February 2007" in a cell
but it keeps showing up as Feb-07. I want it to show up as literal
text.

--
justme0010

Sub text_it()
Range("A1").Value = Chr(39) & "February 2007"
End Sub

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007c
0

with activecell
   .numberformat = "mmmm yyyy"
   .value = dateserial(2007,2,1)
end with

You could also format the cell as text first:

with activecell
   .numberformat = "@"  'text
   .value = "February 2007"
end with

or this variation of Gary's Student's response:

with activecell
   .numberformat = "General"
   .value = "'February 2007"
end with

--

Dave Peterson
0

Changing true and false
How do I do a formula where, rather than using TRUE and FALSE, I can enter WON or LOST? "Andrew Gill" wrote... >How do I do a formula where, rather than using TRUE and FALSE, I can >enter WON or LOST? If you mean is there sume way to use WON and LOST as tokens in formulas just like TRUE and FALSE, then define them as names, WON referring to =TRUE and LOST referring to =FALSE. If you mean something else, details would help, like a sample formula. Don't depend on others to be able to read your mind. -- To top-post is human, to bottom-post and snip is sublime. I don't ...

Using Relative path for XML data file?

using the journal on outlook

Change position ID in HR

data sort

default values in a cell

Pulling data from separate tabs

Formula for cross tab data filling

Help with importing data

formula or VBA
I need to search through a column checking condtions. If the conditions are met, then I want to enter the corresponding value in the column next to it into a different cell. Basically, I want to search column A and, if the conditions are met, put the value in B into C. Would this be easier via formula or code? And maybe some starting suggestions would be nice if you don't mind. -- Thanks, Jim in a formula in col b =if(cond,a1,"") using vba for each c in range("a1:a100") if cond then c.offset(0,1)=c next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

Excel VBA

Business Portal Development

How do you change the APR?

Reference / Copy Dynamic Data
Have a worksheet listing products and prices for numerous suppliers. eg.: Supplier--Product---Price ABC-------apple-----1.00 ABC-------orange----1.20 XYZ-------brick-----3.40 XYZ-------cement----0.80 This worksheet will change often. What I would like is to reference this information on other worksheets. I would also split the info onto a worksheet for each supplier. Therefore i will have a worksheet for ABC and for XYZ, and the info in these worksheets will change as the main "index" worksheet changes. eg. Worksheet ABC contains: Product---Price apple-----1.00 orange----1.20 ...

How do I find the Data Analysis Plus toolpak for excel
does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. opher32 - > does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. < Start by looking on the CD that was in the back of the textbook. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Is there a way to cut off unused cells on a sheet
It seems there are an infinite number of cells on a sheet. As I really dont have much info to enter on each sheet I was hoping there was a way I could somehow cut off all the extra stuff to the sides and bottoms. It is a hassle because everytime I scroll, it will scroll off the side or bottom way past what I was looking for. Thanks! A manual way is to goto the last used row and delete all rows below. Do the same with columns. SAVE -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "newbie" <newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:469AABE7-8D17-4B72-91C1-...

Automatically copy input from one cell to another
After I enter a value in one cell, how can I have it automatically enter it into another cell, within the same worksheet, or into a different worksheet. Thanks, Tom picktr@wowway.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you enter the value in A1 of sheet1, put this in the other cell in sheet1: =A1 or in another worksheet: =Sheet1!A1 In article <picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>, picktr <<picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > After I enter a value in one cell, how can > I have it automatically enter it into another cell...

Formating text in cells
Hello, does anyone know how to force Excel to keep the hyphen or dash character (-) with the associated numbers when putting multiple dash-#s in a cell and turning "wrap" formating on? This is the same problem I have in Word; when I add dash-#s (ie; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz) Office apps interpret dashes ( - ) as a hypehen to a word and will keep the dash/hyphen on the line above until there are enough characters to force the dash/hyphen to the next line. In my work we use the format; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz to denote multiple versions of the same base part. Work instructions to operators...