How do I work in excel and then save it as a doc or docx?

I need to be able to work in excell and then save it in doc or docx format.
If I cannot do this, can I make doc or docx so that I can use the automatic
sum?

In Word, you can use AutoSum of the Tables and Borders toolbar to sum the values in table. But when you change the values, you need to right-click the total value to refresh it. It can not update auto.

Lee Li Fong
http://smartusemicrosoftoffice.blogspot.com/
0
Lee
4/1/2010 5:02:37 AM
Hi Nadine,

You can open a Word document and Insert -> Object -> Microsoft Excel
Worksheet

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

0
Ed

Strange Excel Problem.....
Hi there, We are facing one very strange excel problem in our organization.We have purchased new IBM thinkcenter 851 desktops for our Managers.We have installed Windows 2000 professional as operating system and Office 97 as office in that pcs.Now we are facing one very strange problem....Normally when you click on "New" shortcut( I mean right click anywhere and select "new" option),you will find "Microsoft Excel Worksheet" as shortcut listed in that option and when you select it new excel worksheet will be opened.But here,whenever i click on "new"...

Excel remembers! How?
I type in "FRENCH"(no quatos) in cell A1 The I type in ENGLISH in cell b1 When I get back to cell a2 and type in the letter F the etxt is completed and it says FRENCH How does this happen/what is it called/how do you turn it OFF Thanks for the help Ian, It is called "AutoCompletion". To turn it off, go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the Edit tab. There, uncheck the "Enable AutoComplete for cell values" options. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "ian&qu...

Global Footers in Excel
Does anyone know how to take an Excel workbook that has multiple worksheets and create a footer (say one that lists the page number, the tab name, and the file name), and make that footer a "global footer" such that I don't have to set the footer for some 10 to 20 worksheets when they're practically identical? Thanks. DTP David Right-click on one worksheet tab and "select all sheets". Set up your footer on the active sheet and these settings will be replicated on all sheets. DO NOT FORGET to right-click and "ungroup sheets" when done. What you ...

Styles don't work from toolbar buttons
In Excel 97, when I click on the % button on the toolbar to format a cell, I get the error message, "Style "percent" not found." Any help would be appreciated. You can either create it manually (via format|style...) or you could merge it from a workbook that has it the way you want. Try creating a new workbook. Then select your troublesome workbook and Format|style|merge (from that new workbook). NormS wrote: > > In Excel 97, when I click on the % button on the toolbar to format a cell, I get the error message, "Style "percent" not found.&quo...

Short cut key Ctrl Y (repeat last motion) in Publisher won't work
The help menu tells me that I can use the Ctrl 7 to repeat the last action I made. However I have not been able to do so. Please help. I can use all other shortcut keys. This is making me crazy -- I can do my work in half the time with the Ctrl 7. It tells me I can also use F4 but this doesn't work either-a moot point since I use the other that speeds my work considerably. HELP! Where did you find those commands? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.as...

Excel Jululian 04-28-10
Good morning please help can i create an index sheet for all my excels files (XLS) regrads yes george, if thats what you want to do. RegMigrant "George A. Jululian" wrote: > Good morning > > please help > > can i create an index sheet for all my excels files (XLS) > > regrads oh, go on then two ways - build an excel macro what gets the information from windows so can (kind of) keep itself up to date. I am guessing you have no macro background so i offer the much cheaper way:- got to Start, run type "cmd" wi...

Cursor highlights the wrong rows in excel?
I find that I have to select 3 rows above the row I want to highlight in excel. This carries forward when selecting multiple rows. My mouse is always about 3 lines above the cells being acted upon. ...

excel 2007 installation
Hello: I used to have Excel XP and I install Excel 2007. Problem: I want to ger rid of the personalized features I have in XP and install Excell 2077 with the default parameters as it come from the manufacturer. Please help. Elitor Did you try just uninstalling the Excel XP version first? If so, did that not help? I've not tried this so I'd like to know! "Elitor" <Elitor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C1B1E5E-0EAA-42EB-8CC2-5A228ADF8578@microsoft.com... > Hello: > I used to have Excel XP and I install Excel 2007. > Problem: I want to ...

Excel Caused Error in VBE6.dll. Excel will Close
When trying to open Excel 2000 (Office Professional) / Windows ME the above message appeared and Excel would not open. Renaming the VBE6.DLL file and then repair and then reinstal Office did not work as the original dated VBE6.DLL file reappeared Has anyone had the sme problem? If so did you find a workable solution? ... and what was it? ...

How do I copy a chart made in Excel to Powerpoint?
I have created a number of charts in Excel that I need to export to Powerpoint for a presentation. I also want to turn each graph into a jpeg or pdf file for publication. How do I do this? For sharing charts in Office 2003 or earlier: Using Excel with Other Office Applications http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html Office 2007 throws some wrenches into the gears. To export charts as image files: Enhanced Export Chart Procedurehttp://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/06/09/enhanced-export-chart-procedure/ Use PDF or GIF, which are optimized for line art, not JPG, which is optimized fo...

Excel 2007 Chart SeriesCollection(1).Interior.ColorIndex
I thought I had posted this already, but can't find it. Sorry if it's a duplicate. I have the following code that was written in Excel 2003. Every time I run it in Excel 2007 it crashes. I can't find anything about changing the colors of a series in an Excel 2007 chart. Also, when I try to record a macro to change the chart colors to gain insight, nothing gets written to the macro regarding the color change. Help! Sheets("Chart1").SeriesCollection(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 5 ...

excel spreadsheet 2003 wont show content when moved to another par
i have backed all documents which included excel spreadsheets from c drive to d drive (ANOTHER PARTITION). Now i cannot see the content of the spreadsheet when i access it from the D drive or C drive. what have i done to it? It also wont open when itry to access it from backed up USB stick. Thanks Chris I had a similar issue with some files. What happened was that somehow the windows for the files got minimized or dragged out of view somehow (not sure how this happened). Users would open a file and see nothing. This fixed it for me. Goto the Window item on toolbar, S...

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3
In a1:a10 enter numbers such as 1,2,3.... In b1 type =a1^2+3 copy this down to B10 select a1:b10; click chart wizard; select XY chart done now play with values in A to get what you need best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72AB641-F882-4DAD-B0C3-322297A124FC@microsoft.com... > ...

Comparing 2 works books
I need to do this hopefully without VBA. I have 2 large work books, this months sales data and last months sales data. Each customer has a refence number, but if the customer hasn't made any transactions, they don't appear in the work book, so in effect customer 12345 may be in line 20 in book1, but in line 50 in book 2. What I want to do is take the sales data for each customer in book 1, and add it to a new column against the same customer in book 2. There are several thousand lines in each book. Whats the most efficient way ? Rich Seems like the typical situation that we al...

saving excel file with it's add in
Hi, I have an Excel file that uses a formula from an add in installed in m computer (*.xla). How can I save the project including the add in in order to use it i another computer that doesn't have the add in. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you really mean that your workbook uses a function that's in the addin? If yes, I think you have two choices. #1. Take the addin with you (and install it on the other pc). #2. Extract the code/procedure for that function from the addin and put it in your workbook. (If the addin's project is protected, then thi...

Pie Chart (excel 2003)
How do I hide the 0% of the pie chart so that they only show the relevant %? If you mean on the pie then double click the data labels and choose the Number tab, choose Custom and enter the following code on the Type line on the right: 0%;[=0]""; -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Xueling" wrote: > How do I hide the 0% of the pie chart so that they only show the relevant %? Thanks! It does look better. But is there a way to not show the data lable of those 0% as well? "ShaneDevenshire" wrote: > If you mean on the pie then double click the data labels ...

How can a set an alarm in Excel?
I don't know if this is possible, but I figured I would ask: I have a spreadsheet that I work with that shows the schedules of my students; each different place my student goes has its own row, so a student may have many rows if they have many activities. currently, i auto filter the day column to the current day so i can see what students have activities on that day, and when/where they are. i was wondering if i could set an alarm on the column labeled 'start time' that would pop a window up when any value in that cell matched the system time... is this possible?? thanks, -...

Excel 2007 sorting problem
In Excel 2007, every time I change ranges, and even sometimes when I move away from a range and then come back to an old range, I have to re-enter the sort parameters every time. In Excel 2003, and for some versions before, if I sorted a selected range (say A4:Q54) by Col A Asc, Col G Asc, and Col C Desc then Excel would remember the sort parameters so that if I changed ranges to say A60:Q100 it would keep those same parameters loaded and I could just simply sort my data without having to re-enter the sort parameters all over again. Please direct me to where I can get some help on this issue...

Graphic features of EXCEL..........
Hi, I want to display the table data on Pivot GRAPH from two different sheets. How should we do that? Any advice will be great. Bill ...

Excel text to Word text
How can I copy Excel text, then paste it into MS Word without carrying over the grid lines? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ed English I don't believe you can copy and paste without the gridlines. However, in Word, select the data and Table>Convert>Table to Text. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Ed" <ee15803@att.net> wrote in message news:3f7e21e9.53324199@netnews.worldnet.att.net... > How can I copy Excel text, then paste it into MS Word without carrying > over the grid lines? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks &g...

Extra prompts from Excel 2007 after saving a CSV file
Here's the scenario: 1. I open a .CSV file in Excel 2007. 2. I make some data change to the file. 3. I save the file. Excel prompts me to use the CSV format again. This is a little annoying, but I answer Yes, I want to keep this format. 4. I try to close Excel. 5. Excel prompts me with "Do you want to save the changes you made to '(filename)?' Yes/No/Cancel. This is INFURIATING. I just saved the darn file. So I click No, thereby training myself to click no when prompted by Excel to save changes, guaranteeing I'll lose work in the future. Does anyone know a way to get E...

Excel Formula Guidance. Formula need to determine if cell is popul
Hi, Hopefully someone will be able to provide some guidance. I have been tasked with setting up some spreadsheets at work to application coming into my department and the number of days it takes for us to deal with them. To work this out is easy enough using formula =NETWORKDAYS(B4,E4,$A$119:$A$158) with the numbers involved with the $ referencing bank holidays listed in the spreadsheet and B4 received date and E4 being the completed date. I now need to include some extra lines as I need to be able to monitor written enquiries as well so the headings would read Application ...

Re: Excel Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C5D5BA.E1DDCCD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some sheets 1;2;3;4; ETC................. I would like the new page list release with one botton: A1-Nome de sheet(1;2;3;4; ETC) A2-Date(C50:C80) A3-Import (D50:D90) Best regards Marcello "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> ha scritto nel = messaggio=20 news:uk86X7v0FHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Marcello, > > I am not absolutely clear as to what you...

Excel Calculations Open in Manual Occasionally
MSOffice 2003, WinXP. When I open Excel, the Calculation Option defaults to Manual instead of remaining on Automatic. Is this a bug in Excel? I never set it to Manual. Thoughts can be posted or sent rich32822(Remove this)@hotmail.com. Regards, If the first workbook you open is set to manual it will change the setting for other workbooks as well meaning that if someone is sending you a workbook with this set, you open it by opening the attachment and Excel opens. Then you close this particular workbook and you open a new workbook, this workbook will now be set to manual -- Regards,...

Excel Table to Individual product list and spend
Hi, Basically I have an Excel data table and I have a Product name drop down list. I want to create a formula or macro so when a Product is selected, it would output the list of companies and their spend with the product. Below is a sample but the real spreadsheet has thousands of vendor names and spend for each product and there are probably ten product names altogether. Company Product1 Product2 Product3 Product4 Total ABC 7,009 8,000 15,009 Key 805,036 805,036 PC 56,016 57,470 568 114,054 Water 3,090 651 298,250 301,991 Total 66,115 863,157 306,818 -...